Area Body Found in "Too Strange" Was it Searched?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Casey picked that place since she knew the area, she wasn't scared of those woods. The area was dense with foliage, she probably didn't try to bury her at all , just cover the bag with branches and foliage. The flooding in that area later on probably shifted the foliage she covered the bag with and exposed it.

I think with finding the body Casey's luck just ran out. LE is going to have a field day with all the evidence that body and bag reveals.

Would the cadaver dogs hit if the body had never been in the house?

I've been wondering this too. I have no idea if that smell can be transferred by cross contamination, so to speak.

I've also been wondering about when Casey,Kio and (insert name I can't remember here) used to hang out back there. Did they hide things there? Did they pretend and fantasize about it being somewhere they would never be found, things would never be found? The brain reverts to reptilian under times of stress. Would that place have popped into her head as the magical nothing is ever found place?

I shouldn't try to make sense. I shouldn't try to rationalize. None of those things were in play when all this was taking place.

Quite honestly, I'm not so sure in my own mind that KC is responsible for Caylee's death. I would say I'm 98% convinced that she is, but...consider this.

1. Cindy is the last known person to be physically with Caylee. Yes, yes, I know George says he saw KC and Caylee leave the house on the 16th of June but do we know for sure that he did? NO!
2. Cindy has proven herself to be very unstable through her actions throughout this whole ordeal and we know from sworn statements that she became physically aggressive with KC, grabbing her by the throat on the June 15th.
3. KC is reportedly a mess emotionally in prison.
4. Cindy is living it up at the Ritz and eating $100.00 dinners at fancy restaurant's.
5. Cindy was Caylee's primary caregiver and aren't most murdered children killed by their primary caregivers?
I think there is definite potential here for
1. KC really did not commit the murder
2. KC to get the ultimate revenge on Cindy by throwing her under the bus.

Fire away but remember I'm just the messenger.

Ya know that's another thing that makes me shudder. When talking to her mother on the phone from jail, she says "YOU don't know what MY involvement is?" I brought this up before and it was dismissed by a few posters, but she sounds like she is throwing it back at CA angrily.

I don't live in Florida but I own some uncleared property there that I've tramped through many times. At least on the east coast it rain nearly every afternoon during the wet season. And when it rains, it pours. Areas flood very quickly due to the lack of absorbant soil the the sea level of Florida. This could have been an area that KC knew was underwater much of the time. After all, she knew this area. In uncleared land there is lots of underbrush. I believe she could have dumped the bag and then covered it with a bunch of old palm fronds and the like. I do not think she gave it much thought as it seems she didn't give any of her stories much thought.

Anyway, I think whatever was covering the bag was moved by the receding water until it was finally exposed this week. I doubt any smell remained to attract anyone. As for the dogs, well, I can't say.

I think KC just got lucky that Caylee had not been found all this time.

Quite honestly, I'm not so sure in my own mind that KC is responsible for Caylee's death. I would say I'm 98% convinced that she is, but...consider this.

1. Cindy is the last known person to be physically with Caylee. Yes, yes, I know George says he saw KC and Caylee leave the house on the 16th of June but do we know for sure that he did? NO!
2. Cindy has proven herself to be very unstable through her actions throughout this whole ordeal and we know from sworn statements that she became physically aggressive with KC, grabbing her by the throat on the June 15th.
4. Cindy is living it up at the Ritz and eating $100.00 dinners at fancy restaurant's.
5. Cindy was Caylee's primary caregiver and aren't most murdered children killed by their primary caregivers?

Good grief! Get real! JMO

If you look at David Lohr's blog (Investigative Discovery) dated September 7, 2008, you will see where a poster named KRH listed the woods behind the school as a possible location to search. This person even put the address of the school in the post.
I wonder if Casey was still in jail on that date. Wonder who KRH is?
I believe the FBI labs will be able to determine how long the bag had been there. I know the grass was dead underneath the bag and there was an indentation in the earth there. The bag may not have been there as long as we think, tho. JMO

I wonder how far the fence is from where the bag was found. When I first read that a garbage bag with remains in it had been found, I also wondered if it had been moved one or two months prior to it being found.

I just cannot see how there would be any correlation between the Anthony's being out of town and the meter reader having to go relieve himself.

In Kiomarie's statement to LE on July 17th I believe she gave the exact location stating that they use to hang out there as kids.

I took all of that into consideration too. But you can lay something down and it really only takes a few days or less to kill the grass underneath, pesticides on the bag would definitely do that. Glad for all the input and our thinking caps on. :) But the obstruction charges coming from the Sheriff's own mouth weren't so inherent until now.

This is true. Still not convinced though that she was moved.

The shovel and the cadaver dogs should have led them straight to the woods behind that house while they were still dry. That was early on.

The woods are not behind the house as we first thought. They are more "down the street."

One map was posted in the beginning, it's built up now. I haven't seen a second map except a quick glance on tv.

The cadaver dogs would have hit in the house if the body was in there. In fact, if there were clothes in the house that came in contact with the decomposing body...or a blanket or something like that....I would expect them to hit on that as well.

What I learned from the Madeleine McCann case is that a dog can not follow the blood scent unless they search within a few days.
The fact that Florida is humid helps keep the scent around longer. If extremely lucky, that scent would have been there for a month and they might have found it with a very rare, sensitive dog.
But since the search didn't start for a month, the scent trail to the woods would have been gone.
They could only pick up cadaver scent where it was concentrated.

:)

I agree. And if she were placed in a bag at the Anthony home where she had been killed and hidden for a period of time (dog hits in backyard) then placed in a trunk for a few days (hits on trunk) and the bag leaked (stain) and air saturated with chloroform (perhaps a rag soaked with it under the ductape she placed on the mouth)....then she is driven around and dumped in that location that Casey knew well...there would be no trail from the home to the dump site that dogs could pick up on.

As for dogs being out there and not hitting.... we do not know this for sure. We do not know what type of dogs were there in that exact area if any. The area was under water. Couple that with what I read in a search article by Tim Miller (was linked here...I need to find it) he said you could go over an area with dogs and searchers several times and not find anything... go back over the area and find something (like looking for a needle in a haystack). Tim went on to say often the human eye is the best search tool...and made an example of a searcher that looked up to find the missing person dead and hanging in a tree...in an area that had been gone over several times.

These remains were found by a naked human eye. Tim said the ground under the bag looked like it had been sitting there a long time and he gave an example of what the ground would look like it you sat a log on a grassy area and picked it up six months later (dirt, dead grass, and a depression).

I think Casey did this and she dumped that bag there alone. She was arrogant and lazy. She knew these woods. I have heard many experts saying a location close to home and familiar is very common in situations like this.

Sorry for such a long post... but the location of where she was found does not seem strange nor does the amount of time it took to find her due to the water levels in the woods during the majority of the hard core searching.

There were a couple of times, IIRC, that the area was searched. I recall one time there was a copter up and searchers back there. Then another time cadaver dogs were behind the school. It seems to me that at least one time was due to a foul odor being reported and it was written off as being dead dog(s). I think between the flooding and finding the dead dogs, Caylee was missed.

I don't find the area odd at all. Casey was just plain lazy, impulsive and lived in the moment. The girl never planned an exit stradegy in her schemes. She wasn't very good at what she did and always got caught. Unfortunately, she was never held accountable. She needed to get rid of a body that was getting messy and she did it the easiest way she could. I find the call to AL on the 20th very interesting. But I also can't forget KC saying on (the 25th?) that she got rid of the smell.

I don't feel the chloroform was used to babysit Caylee. There are too many other substances that you don't have to make, work better, last longer and are safer than chloroform. The affects of chloroform is only about 20 minutes and the chances of killing someone with it the first time is high. Misadventure on the first try or used premeditated to kill Caylee possibly.

Something I've been thinking about is this area was under water according to TES. Just because Caylee's body was found there to me it doesn't mean that is EXACTLY where Caylee was left. Water carries things. Caylee could have been dumped closer or a bit further than where she was found IMO. I would say she was left in the vacinity but then again that could also be off.

I agree with what you have stated. Now some interesting things to add. Did you see the video with Judge Napolitano saying the body may have been moved to this location AFTER Casey's arrest?

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/MyFox/pages/sidebar_video.jsp?contentId=8055166&version=1&locale=EN-US

Couple that with what I saw last night (Friday, Dec 12) on Larry King - when the Asst. State Attorney stated that Tim Miller said the area where the body was found was underwater until recently I saw the local correspondent began vigorously shaking her head "NO" and she tried to speak, but her sound was turned off, then they went to commercial. When they came back, Larry King ended the show! Grrrrrrrrrrrr...... I want to know what this local correspondent had to say.

Others posted last night that it appeared that the local correspondent was motioning to someone off camera and her actions had nothing to do with the conversation about the flooding.

when i first heard that they are searching the a home again my first thought was that they wanna prove that something happened recently and it's related to the crime.

i mean,why seize the vaccums etc after so much time?

ita.

=)

Have to disagree. First, there's no way KC carried the body to the site--would have been in her car. Therefore, the cadaver dogs would not have picked up the scent to this area. Second, most crime victims are found within a mile to their residence so the location is not unusual. Third, this area was under water during the searches and obviously kids would not be there while there were searches. Fourth, owner fenced off the property --another deterrent for kids to go there.

Well, There is nothing about this case that would surprise me. CA and GA behavior has been very strange. (although none of us know how we would respond). When any of them tell us anything we only have their word. (i don't think that's worth much).If the crime was actually committed by GA, CA or both and KC knows that it sure would explain her behavior and inconsistencies. If that was the real story and KC, GA, CA are the only ones who know what really happened what kind of fear must KC have of her mother that she would be so afraid to tell the truth.
Not sure I buy this theory but anything is possible.

If you notice in the footage of the site where Caylee was found, the blue roofed tent is sitting at a steep pitch which indicates to me that the land is sloped downward. Let's assume for a moment that water collected at the bottom of the bank. One end of the tent is down lower than the other end. This leads me to believe this is a culvert to allow drainage from neighborhoods and the large drainage pipes run under the road on Suburban Rd.

I think when she pitched that bag and she assumed it would be far enough from the road if it rolled further down the bank and into the water than it actually did. I'm 40 minutes from Orlando and the canals here are still full of water that just doesn't seem to want to dissipate. If the bag was under water and was sealed, it would be reasonable that the dogs would not be able to pick up on the scent. Over time, 5.5 months approximately knowing what we know at this point, these bags become brittle and lose their elasticity becoming vulnerable to breakage. Thank the Lord this meter reader had the presence of mind to kick that bag or she would still be there.

I think it's as simple as KC using that area because she could do so undetected. I believe she transported via the car (like an earlier poster) and used the shovel to dig a shallow grave--she probably thought that then covering up a few inches with branches, leaves, grasses, etc. would be enough.
I believe it is all on her. I do not think GA or LA did this for her. IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member