ARREST!!! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The people I feel saddest for are her children and her parents. I hope that those little girls can get past this and have a normal life as they can. As we say in NZ Kia Kaha which means Be strong.

It is such a tragic case. I feel so sad for so many things...yes of course the children and all of the Dickie family but also for Gerard and his family. If he is found to be guilty,(recognizing that it has to be proven in court, and we must respect this no matter what our personal beliefs are in regards to his guilt/ innocence) I find it so devastating to think that a marriage that looked like it started with such promise and beauty has ended so tragically. I feel the same for Gerard personally and his parents. Parents have hopes and dreams for their children......no one wants them to make decisions that end in such ways. In my opinion it is such a waste of each person's life and the potential of that life for this to happen........even the life of the offender. I know that I would be devastated if one of my children committed such an act.......so along with the girls and the Dickies I feel for the Baden Clays too. My empathy for all of these people and the situation they are in, in no way excuses the actions of any that were involved in any way in this atrocious crime. It is just so tragic. I will keep praying for justice and truth and healing for all those hurt.

It would be someone the kids knew and trusted (in case they woke up). Mama Bear? OW?

and maybe they did wake up and thus the rumoured comment to the police the next morning, for example, that "nanna was here last night, I saw her" ....

Gerard Baden-Clay spent his first night in jail at the prison medical facility last night where he was to have a health check before being placed in a 4m by 3m cell.

Turning his back to the gallery, Baden-Clay was perched on the end of the bench seat in the dock and continued looking straight ahead at magistrate Liz Hall.

The father-of-three, wearing what appeared to be the shirt he was arrested in, sat with his hands clasped.

None of his family members were present.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...his-wife-allison/story-fn7y9brv-1226396047963

It is such a tragic case. I feel so sad for so many things...yes of course the children and all of the Dickie family but also for Gerard and his family. If he is found to be guilty,(recognizing that it has to be proven in court, and we must respect this no matter what our personal beliefs are in regards to his guilt/ innocence) I find it so devastating to think that a marriage that looked like it started with such promise and beauty has ended so tragically. I feel the same for Gerard personally and his parents. Parents have hopes and dreams for their children......no one wants them to make decisions that end in such ways. In my opinion it is such a waste of each person's life and the potential of that life for this to happen........even the life of the offender. I know that I would be devastated if one of my children committed such an act.......so along with the girls and the Dickies I feel for the Baden Clays too. My empathy for all of these people and the situation they are in, in no way excuses the actions of any that were involved in any way in this atrocious crime. It is just so tragic. I will keep praying for justice and truth and healing for all those hurt.

Thank you for this Seeking. I could not agree with you more.

Seeking, thank you. I relate to your feelings very strongly. I recognise that I am one extremely forgiving person...have been all my life. My kids often bemoan the fact because they have seen some injustice rained on their Mum, but I am steadfast. I need to be who I am. If I lined all my family up with me and asked them for what their feelings would be in this case, I think I would be the only one to feel anything for GBC's family and what they are going through. These days my kids would just laugh - they know me well, and love me as I am. My son is more like me, but he NEVER says a bad word about ANYONE (so much BETTER than me!!!!). The rest of my family would be totally behind the anger and frustration we see here.

Of course, my family are not bad people, so I TOTALLY get where everyone else is coming from. I understand the passion felt by our forum posters. I just hope that they understand my need to balance the scales and walk in everyones shoes.

This posts lands at random.

From here forth, all posts directed at telling other posters what they need to do, think, type, etc. will earn a time out. There will no longer be any excuses. The personalizing posts toward one member and the generalization toward other members is over.

We are getting dozens of complaints from regulars and from those who are afraid to post. It's going to stop now.

If you are about to post about another member, all members, this forum or anything else that might sound negative towards this group, be ready to lose your posting privileges.

I will add this to the opening post.

Oh Seeking :hug:
You have absolutely NO IDEA just how relieved I am to discover that I am not alone in my thoughts & prayers. THANK YOU! :loveyou:

As with 99.99% of all others privy to this most tragic case, until I learned of GBC's eventual arrest yesterday, I too had been wishing that such would happen almost immediately after Allison's initial disappearance & then confirmation of her murder hit the news, yet yesterday I found myself tearful & deeply ashamed of myself. :tears: It was almost as though a little voice kept reminding me that I had absolutely no right to judge nor condemn any other. :ashamed:
Of course I'm appalled & saddened & share everyone's emotions & legitimate anger & disgust, whilst at the same time, feeling the need to send LIGHT to EVERYONE involved. :star1::grouphug:

Thank you & bless you!
:cowcouch:

I have said all along that the children were home that night....but I will never understand what the hell Olivia Walton was doing there Friday mornng...so not reasonably acceptable ..and so suspicious (she lives 1600km away?)

I don't recall there being any reports of Olivia being there from the first morning.
From memory (and I can't find any recorded information) she flew down either late Friday afternoon or the Saturday to help with the family.

Sounds very much like the stories about the lawyer being called at 4am so they could drive up from the coast and meet at the police at 7am. (pretty sure the lawyers didn't get involved until half way through the next week it was found)

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/first-night-in-jail-ends-a-long-day/story-e6freon6-1226396050020

Just wondered how they got GBC to come to the cop shop for questionning without arresting him. I thought they couldn't make you go unless they are charging you with something?

Mr Baden-Clay went voluntarily with detectives to Indooroopilly police station, from his real-estate office in Toowong Tower, about 3pm yesterday.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...charged-with-wifes-murder-20120613-20atq.html

they probably gave him no choice, better to go quietly

Seeking, thank you. I relate to your feelings very strongly. I recognise that I am one extremely forgiving person...have been all my life. My kids often bemoan the fact because they have seen some injustice rained on their Mum, but I am steadfast. I need to be who I am. If I lined all my family up with me and asked them for what their feelings would be in this case, I think I would be the only one to feel anything for GBC's family and what they are going through. These days my kids would just laugh - they know me well, and love me as I am. My son is more like me, but he NEVER says a bad word about ANYONE (so much BETTER than me!!!!). The rest of my family would be totally behind the anger and frustration we see here.

Of course, my family are not bad people, so I TOTALLY get where everyone else is coming from. I understand the passion felt by our forum posters. I just hope that they understand my need to balance the scales and walk in everyones shoes.

Well said both of you. Thanks for your posts.

:eek:fftobed:

I don't recall there being any reports of Olivia being there from the first morning.
From memory (and I can't find any recorded information) she flew down either late Friday afternoon or the Saturday to help with the family.

Sounds very much like the stories about the lawyer being called at 4am so they could drive up from the coast and meet at the police at 7am. (pretty sure the lawyers didn't get involved until half way through the next week it was found)

I don't think we heard about Olivia until the next day. I thought NBC was the one at the house the next morning, not OW. The facts are getting very confusing. I would be shocked if OW was there all along.

personally, I always thought there was some truth in the poster that speculated that the kids had said something to QPS that contradicted their father's version of events.

Yes, a friend's property at Brookfield has a creek on one boundary. Police dragged that creek only a couple of days into the search.

I have a feeling this case will probably take a while to solve . My brother is only getting charged over a car accident he had and they have told him it could be 1-2 years before he even gets to court. So can you imagine how long it's going to take for a murder case?

I have a feeling this case will probably take a while to solve . My brother is only getting charged over a car accident he had and they have told him it could be 1-2 years before he even gets to court. So can you imagine how long it's going to take for a murder case?

GERARD Baden-Clay faces more than two years in custody before a trial as Queensland's justice system buckles under the increasing strain of homicide cases and a lack of resources.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/br...d-in-legal-limbo/story-e6frf7jx-1226396043002

Yes! I was totally shocked by how many incidents there were before the courts for just ONE DAY! Makes you wonder about society doesn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member