ARREST!!! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree......I really believe the bail decision will come down to how incriminating the presented evidence is and whether it is deemed substantial enough for a conviction. IMO

I would think that the best things are happening ATM in that GBC is getting a fairly comprehensive check up of his mental health at this time. If he were bailed he could become a suicide risk IMO so this time now is telling

However if he were bailed he could be a day patient at a private psychiatric facility IMO

I agree......I really believe the bail decision will come down to how incriminating the presented evidence is and whether it is deemed substantial enough for a conviction. IMO

I'm getting a bit confused here. I thought the committal hearing on July 9 is where the evidence will be presented? The bail hearing next week I thought takes into account things like flight risk, risk of harm to others, ties to the community, family responsibilities, etc. and not all the evidence of the case?

Can someone please clarify for me? Thanks.

However if he were bailed he could be a day patient at a private psychiatric facility IMO

You have to remember, the DPP is in charge of what information is being released, don t believe everything you read, his privacy is being invaded to deliver messages of how he is coping, and how he is coping is a significant point in considering his Bail Application

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straitfan
Totally agree! Here they would probably go out of their way to stay in such a nice place, lol The govenor in Arizona should be an example for all )

I would like to know the statistics re re-offending by those who are treated as they are in Arizona.I saw a documentary of the prison in the Arizona desert.
Would they not re-offend because of the horrible conditions in prison i.e. not wanting to go back or would they be released with so much anger and aggression that re-offending was inevitable? as Karo said "Treat them like animals and they behave like animal? Moo

If GBC promotes his suicidal ideation then he may get mind altering drugs for treatment, and may be found incompetent (legally) to stand trial. If the defendant is deemed incompetent, then there is no trial and no conviction (or acquittal). So there should be two separate evaluations of GBC's mental status: at the time of the offense and current.

If GBC promotes his suicidal ideation then he may get mind altering drugs for treatment, and may be found incompetent (legally) to stand trial. If the defendant is deemed incompetent, then there is no trial and no conviction (or acquittal). So there should be two separate evaluations of GBC's mental status: at the time of the offense and current.

wrong grannie sorry

Their dilemmma is much much more complex, ultimately the Family Court will decide the childrens situation, not any media or social media or QPS, The Family ourt would examine all the evidence of where their best interests lay, not if anyone is convicted of a crime, I would never in a million years let my children give evidence in a murder trial

Being interviewed by sympathetic child psychology type people is very different from giving evidence in a murder trial I would think.

I'm getting a bit confused here. I thought the committal hearing on July 9 is where the evidence will be presented? The bail hearing next week I thought takes into account things like flight risk, risk of harm to others, ties to the community, family responsibilities, etc. and not all the evidence of the case?

Yes you are right, but I think that in addition to the considerations you mentioned, they do take into account the overall weight of evidence. I think one of our more legally minded people here mentioned that one factor that could be put forward by defence lawyers in a bail application is that the evidence is mainly circumstantial and unlikely to gain a conviction. But i dont think they go into detail re the evidence. This is what i understood of the general gist of it after reading some recent posts.

That is what I thought too and he scores pretty high to get bail. I dont know how much info is given re evidence etc at that time.

Please if there is a God do not allow this man bail

Yeah thanks CC, I am baffled why criminals look to have better facilities than people in aged care places. :mad:

They've still lost their liberty and their privacy. Going to jail is no walk in the park even if the surroundings don't look too shabby.

Being interviewed by sympathetic child psychology type people is very different from giving evidence in a murder trial I would think.

from my own personal experience, the staff at DOCS are no more than the lowly scoring University types and children hold these traumatic experiences throughout their lives, put yourself in a 10 y o body and tell me its not

Yeah thanks CC, I am baffled why criminals look to have better facilities than people in aged care places. :mad:

Exactly, and I don't even want to mention the cost of building these facilities (I worked for the Dept. of Public Works for many years).

You'd have to ask where the money is coming from if he has money for his high priced lawyers and then if he is offered bail with a high monetary price (it would have to be for murder) and then he is able to pay it!!!

Exactly, and I don't even want to mention the cost of building these facilities (I worked for the Dept. of Public Works for many years).

Si in your opinion, people like Nelson Mandela and Greg Stafford should have been flogged, that is just

from my own personal experience, the staff at DOCS are no more than the lowly scoring University types and children hold these traumatic experiences throughout their lives, put yourself in a 10 y o body and tell me its not

I would let my child be interviewed in a case like this, if it were videoed and I could watch from another room and stop it if need be.

Si in your opinion, people like Nelson Mandela and Greg Stafford should have been flogged, that is just

Sorry, but I don't understand your statement. What does the cost of building a jail have to do with Nelson Mandela?

Sorry, but I don't understand your statement. What does the cost of building a jail have to do with Nelson Mandela?

It is a simple fact that people will do the wrong thing in society, and be punished accordingly, we have to build prisons and act humanely towards accused and convicted persons, so the costs are costs of society, same as hospitals, schools etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member