ARREST!!! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At this stage, nothing conclusive has been revealed to the public to indicate that there are any other POI's. The only time another individual has been specifically named as being questioned (and strangely so) was TM.

I'm still struggling with the idea that there could be other BC family members involved. Not because I feel they are "saints", but because it seems very risky to me to involve others in such a crime, especially when they appear to be law abiding, community minded people (along with the fact that 2 cars still fails to make any sense to me).

I know this suggestion will probably be shot down in flames; but the BC family has been targetted and described as being all sorts of horrible, and I guess considering the circumstances people will wonder how any parents could raise a child who would take the life of another. But although their behaviour has appeared odd to many people, before this, all members of the family appeared to be quite well respected in their communities. From what I've read/heard, they've all made positive contributions in various groups, organisations and associations. They just don't seem the the typical sort of people who would agree to play a role in the cover up of a murder.

I think the Lindy Chamberlain case is a relevant one to raise here; not so much because she was wrongly accused, but moreso because many people accused her because of her "guilty" behaviour. As time goes on, the only part I now see a BC member as playing in this situation, apart from having a gut feeling, is the possibility that one of them tipped off police in regard to GBC's increasingly worrying behaviour...this could possibly have happened when they visited her recently. It would be horrible to think that this person was being vilified unfairly, especially if it turns out they actually helped QPS reach the point of laying charges.

When you say that, factfinda, I immediately think of interviews like the raw 7.30 interviews on the ABC. They're great to watch.

But, the only problem with uploading interviews - which I'm sure you agree with, since you seem to have a lot of media knowledge! - is that not all sources give relevent information, and interviewing them can be quite difficult, even if you use every technique in the book.

I'm guessing you already know this, so this is for the benefit on non-media people: Sometimes a source will ramble on and it's quite difficult to keep them on track. It's because sometimes people find themselves or their area of work fascinating to talk about, and forget they have to tailor what they're saying to what they're actually being asked. :noooo: Also, obviously, some sources actually seek out the media to gain profile, and that can also be difficult for a journalist in terms of getting relevant information.

In my experience, often only small grabs (bits of an interview) are used because the source hasn't quite got to the point. A journalist always selects the best grabs for their story, and sometimes the best just isn't great (which means the rest of what they had to choose from is sometimes even worse).

It can be for a number of other reasons, however, such as ruined vision or audio, or lack of time in production, or just that another story that has more news value bumps it down the bulletin or shortens the time available for it.

And IMO I shudder to think of the hours of mind-numbing footage you'd have to sit through if all these raw interviews were posted online. :D

Cheers

I can just imagine if I was interviewed. The first part of the interview would be fine, I'd be very measured in what I allowed myself to say. But if job or promotion type interviews are anything to go by, my brain turns to mush after talking and thinking for a while, and after being pressed for more information.

I can imagine that this verbal diarrohea at the end of an interview is gold for news soundbites, but not so good for the person being interviewed. They probably say a lot of stuff they weren't meaning to say.

Hope the facts are told one day by the POI....He seems (JMO) to be very suicidal...hope they keep a good watch over him....I know if it was me, I would but I truly feel if he has the chance to end it, he would at this point

For the children's sake I hope and pray they feel the strenght of their mom, holding them up and encouraging them to continue with her by their side..

I hope his suicidal behaviour doesn't influence them to let him out on bail.

Because I think I wouldn't like him to be around his kids if he is like this. Possible murder suicide scenario.

after the body was found, the hairdresser was re-interviewed and asked if there were any visible bruising or scratches around the face, shoulders, chest area on the Thursday night. This suggests there may have been a DV event prior to her murder, which I think is somehow linked to the request for TV programming details.
OW apparently spoke to ABC the day before she went missing (same day the TV programming details have been requested coincidently), and she was 'delightful'. Perhaps this story has changed after the alleged QPS trip to Townsville. Maybe OW phoned/visited the home whilst DV was taking place and she was the one who overheard something in the background on the tv to indicate what time it was.
Concern for GBC's mental health apparently only came to a head after his family were questioned - which is why police finally arrested him. To me, this says the family members know something

Imo

In the top photo, can you see how his eyebrows are raised, but drawn in, in the middle? His upper eyelids are also raised, and his lower eyelids are tense. These are classic signs of fear. His mouth is fairly neutral, and i cannot make a determination on this, but i'm sure a more experienced 'expression-reader' would be able to see something here. Pure fear, IMO.

In the bottom pic, His eyebrows are raised, slightly drawn in to the middle. His eyes are wide, but his eyelids are more relaxed. These eyes definitely show surprise! His mouth, see how the corners are ever so slightly tense and pulled back? This is fear.

Thank you very much for your analysis. Sounds so clear, concise and well informed.

This SC that BC has is no dill, its why he is paid 10k a day, I am not a betting man, but from what has been disclosed to the media and the tone/angle of it, I would suggest he is a fair chance at recieving Bail

I question the appropriateness of anyone releasing the children's drawings of their missing mum. Drawings like these deserve the same respect as children's private conversations with adults they trust.
BOBBYELLIOTT: This is an insightful post. Thanks. I agree. Children's drawings, if done voluntarily by them, deserve the same respect as children's private conversations with adults they trust. May I offer an alternative view. If however they were not voluntary, and they were 'influenced' to draw (prompts as to name e.g ."Allison" instead of "mummy' etc) then this may demonstrate the 'use' of them to create a certain view in the eyes of the unsuspecting public. Both scenarios are possible. We don't know. In my opinion, children's drawings are only of 'value' in psychosocial assessments where they are completely voluntary at the whim of the child.

This SC that BC has is no dill, its why he is paid 10k a day, I am not a betting man, but from what has been disclosed to the media and the tone/angle of it, I would suggest he is a fair chance at recieving Bail

I really hope you are wrong (for the sake of the girls).

Link to some photos of Arthur Gorrie Correctional Centre:

http://ipswich-news.whereilive.com.au/photos/gallery/tour-of-arthur-gorrie-correctional-centre/

A poster also gave a better link yesterday, but can't find it right now.

Thanks for that info, CaseClosed. What I meant though (apologies for not being more clear) was, are conditions in the Medical Unit where GBC is reportedly staying, similar to those in a normal cell? Would he have more freedom in the medical sector? Does he share a ward with other men or would he have his own room in the Medical Unit?

Because I think I wouldn't like him to be around his kids if he is like this. Possible murder suicide scenario.

I don't think that would happen - if GBC is suicidal they will watch him very very closely. The police would want a conviction, not a dead suspect.

I am no legal eagle, but I doubt he will get bail. Firstly what has he got as surety, secondly this is such a high profile case and he is the "face" of the crime, the prosecutors wouldn't want him in the community were he could hamper the case, there seems to be little precedent with accused murderers to be released on bail and the question of the girls would come into a bail consideration. There would be a public outcry if the girls returned to their dad.

Thanks for that info, CaseClosed. What I meant though (apologies for not being more clear) was, are conditions in the Medical Unit where GBC is reportedly staying, similar to those in a normal cell? Would he have more freedom in the medical sector? Does he share a ward with other men or would he have his own room in the Medical Unit?

I really hope he doesn't have a private room, you can't even get those when you have top hospital insurance!!

That just seems so wrong.

L

He should be happy, looks like heaven compared to our prisons...They are pretty ugly here.

Yes, these facilities are quite modern compared to other places. But IMO they are too good for criminals!

If someone has been offered immunity from prosecution, will we ever know?
I doubt GBC would ever take the stand, the last thing they want is to be cross examined by the prosecution, although maybe a true narcissist believes he could be convincing.

Me either, he is starting to remind me of Josh Powell, creepy feeling....

If the evidence is ALL circumstantial and the second charge will only hold if GBC is found guilty of the first (this murder) I would say he has a good chance of bail given his pretty slick legal team. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pacobasal