ARREST!!! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that would happen - if GBC is suicidal they will watch him very very closely. The police would want a conviction, not a dead suspect.

I am no legal eagle, but I doubt he will get bail. Firstly what has he got as surety, secondly this is such a high profile case and he is the "face" of the crime, the prosecutors wouldn't want him in the community were he could hamper the case, there seems to be little precedent with accused murderers to be released on bail and the question of the girls would come into a bail consideration. There would be a public outcry if the girls returned to their dad.

This is written purely from a personal perspective (I'm no psychologist!) - but I honestly believe that if (IF) someone is capable of harming their wife/the mother of their children, they would also be capable of harming their children, if the right circumstances arose. I cannot see why they girls would be considered safe in his care given what he has been accused of. Please someone tell me I'm wrong.

This is written purely from a personal perspective (I'm no psychologist!) - but I honestly believe that if (IF) someone is capable of harming their wife/the mother of their children, they would also be capable of harming their children, if the right circumstances arose. I cannot see why they girls would be considered safe in his care given what he has been accused of. Please someone tell me I'm wrong.

It depends on what evidence they have , the facts, not their opinions, being charged is only an opinion until they are convicted

I would let my child be interviewed in a case like this, if it were videoed and I could watch from another room and stop it if need be.

I would too Nads......My children are my cherubs....but they are not the fragile type. They are also highly communicative.....and yes, I would need to be in a room and be able to stop the interview if needed.

The police are very sensitive...They do not hound children and interview with the doggedness they do for adults. I have trust in them.

It is a simple fact that people will do the wrong thing in society, and be punished accordingly, we have to build prisons and act humanely towards accused and convicted persons, so the costs are costs of society, same as hospitals, schools etc

Yes, there is a cost to society, however IMO, convicted criminals do not deserve fancy, modern, facilities! They do not deserve to have TV in their cells, do not deserve to study, etc. They, after all, did not comply with the rules of society in the first place!

Yes, there is a cost to society, however IMO, convicted criminals do not deserve fancy, modern, facilities! They do not deserve to have TV in their cells, do not deserve to study, etc. They, after all, did not comply with the rules of society in the first place!

With all due respect, their punishment is their incarceration and liberty taken, not what happens to them while they are incarcerated

Prison is not fancy, modern and is in fact quite primitive. The purpose is punishment and rehabilitation which includes education

With all due respect, their punishment is their incarceration and liberty taken, not what happens to them while they are incarcerated

Well, I totally disagree with you. Incarceration is not enough. They should not have privileges. And I am also one that agrees with capital punishment, but unfortunately is not available in this country.

One thing that struck me in the interview we saw of GBC - I never heard him refer to ABC by her name. It was always "my wife." From what I understand, this is classic displacement - distancing oneself from the person so that one's actions are detached also and the immediacy of the crime is removed. Can anybody with a psychology background comment? Apparently this is a common trait when someone lies - not naming the person you have wronged?

Their dilemmma is much much more complex, ultimately the Family Court will decide the childrens situation, not any media or social media or QPS, The Family ourt would examine all the evidence of where their best interests lay, not if anyone is convicted of a crime, I would never in a million years let my children give evidence in a murder trial

Can you imagine how torn those children would be thinking they may say something that would be bad for daddy??? Unless they saw/witnessed/heard the event( and how horrific would that be) those girls should be protected from any further trauma. The girls could well believe their daddy ,when he says he is innocent------I don't think they should be put in that position.If the Dickies take this point of view I sooo respect them .Especially if they suspect GBC is guilty. That would take such courage and character. IMO

Well, I totally disagree with you. Incarceration is not enough. They should not have privileges. And I am also one that agrees with capital punishment, but unfortunately is not available in this country.

That is not my opinion , just what exists, please don t shoot the messenger

Prison is not fancy, modern and is in fact quite primitive. The purpose is punishment and rehabilitation which includes education

Next time you are in Far North Qld. , have a look at the new massive extension of Lotus Glenn and you will see what I mean.

Can you imagine how torn those children would be thinking they may say something that would be bad for daddy??? Unless they saw/witnessed/heard the event( and how horrific would that be) those girls should be protected from any further trauma. The girls could well believe their daddy ,when he says he is innocent------I don't think they should be put in that position.If the Dickies take this point of view I sooo respect them .Especially if they suspect GBC is guilty. That would take such courage and character. IMO

totally agree 100 %

One thing that struck me in the interview we saw of GBC - I never heard him refer to ABC by her name. It was always "my wife." From what I understand, this is classic displacement - distancing oneself from the person so that one's actions are detached also and the immediacy of the crime is removed. Can anybody with a psychology background comment? Apparently this is a common trait when someone lies - not naming the person you have wronged?

When I am speaking to people who have not met my husband I always refer to him as my hubby. If I know the person I am talking to I use his name.

The Dickies would be keeping the girls Warm, dark and quiet

Next time you are in Far North Qld. , have a look at the new massive extension of Lotus Glenn and you will see what I mean.

I realise the facilities cost massive amounts of money, however I don t think that any other alternative exists

How about the dilemma of needing the childrens' testimony to convict versus him going free and then he has custody?

How about the dilemma of needing the childrens' testimony to convict versus him going free and then he has custody?

exactly my point, except they wouldn t know if the testimony would 100 % convict him, only a jury would, say its catch 22

I think if their testimony would be the ONLY option to secure a conviction, then I would probably agree.

When I am speaking to people who have not met my husband I always refer to him as my hubby. If I know the person I am talking to I use his name.

OK I see what you mean. Maybe I'm reading too much into it :dunno:

It did strike me as one of the things that someone in that situation would do, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member