ARREST!!! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't help hoping he is innocent, of, at least, murdering her. Having seen photos of him prior to this tragedy, I see a huge difference in his facial expressions. It made me think he knew something and knew he couldn't say anything for fear of making a mistake.
Now, to me he looks like he is "dead inside" I have felt like that, after the death of a child. However, I was like that from the first minute, I didn't cry, scream, nothing, many years later, I still don't. I can't talk about it either and probably never will.
I think, it was probably an accident but if so, why do anything to conceal her death?

Sorry to hear about your child. Please accept my sincere sympathy.

Re: GBC, I agree, he looks dead inside and disconnected. The question is: why. In some cases, anger is a form of disconnectedness. But I won't to go further on that without more info. JMO.

Does anyone know if ABC's siblings live close to her parents? IMO, though will be hard being removed from their routine and surroundings, would not think it is wise for them to be in there area for now. Other children can be cruel but to mention their school being close to the home...If one or both of ABC's siblings have children seems it would be good for the little girls to be placed with them, not that that grandparents wouldnt do a great job but just the overall family environment. My heart hurts horribly for the 3 lil angel's...hard to think what their pain might like :( God Bless their little hearts..

If the Dickies allow the children to be questioned/ interviewed, will that be placed against them if they have to fight for the children in the Family Court, they are in a very precarious position. The Family Court will only have the childrens best interests to determine, not anyones guilt or innocence.

By the way, the number of GBC's FB-friends has slightly increased.

Does anyone know if ABC's siblings live close to her parents? IMO, though will be hard being removed from their routine and surroundings, would not think it is wise for them to be in that area for now. Other children can be cruel but to mention their school being close to the home...If one or both of ABC's siblings have children seems it would be good for the little girls to be placed with them, not that the grandparents wouldnt do a great job but just the overall family environment. My heart hurts so much for the 3 lil sweet girls...hard to think about their pain:( God Bless their little hearts..

Considering the situation and the public interest, I personally believe it is probably better for the girls to move away from Brisbane. Living in the Gold Coast with the Dickies would probably be the best option, considering that their aunty might have children herself and could be a bit crowded to add another 3 kids into the mix. I think the Dickies would provide them with a calm and steady environment. I also believe moving them and placing them in another school would be beneficial for the girls in many ways.

EDIT: For example, I have just moved my 13 y.o. from Cairns to Brisbane (2,000 kms) (due to family reasons) and she has adjusted very well. Yes, she missed her friends for a while, but she has formed new friendships pretty quickly.

By the way, the number of GBC's FB-friends has slightly increased.

Yes, and I wonder who has access/manages his account?? You cannot have more friends unless someone is accepting the friend's requests .. and we know it is not GBC!

Also, we don't really know what the girls have been told about the circumstances. They may have been told that their father had to go away for a little while hence they will be staying with grandma and grandpa. They are very young to really comprehend, and they will want to see their father at some point and I don't think it should be denied. There are probably professionals advising the Dickies as to when and how this should be done.

I don't know about this. Kids aren't as lacking in comprehension as adults seem to think. They understand, obvouisly, that their mother has passed away (maybe not have been given any details, of course) and will not be coming home....even the youngest would understand this. Being in the company of their father since their mum 'disappeared' they would have felt and/or heard some strange things and 'know' in a basic instinct way that all was not well. Then, when their father was taken by the police, they would definitely know that something was going on and that daddy hadn't just had to "go away". Children can put 2 + 2 together much more adeptly than we given them credit for....even if other stories are being fed to them. IMO Moooooo

If the Dickies allow the children to be questioned/ interviewed, will that be placed against them if they have to fight for the children in the Family Court, they are in a very precarious position. The Family Court will only have the childrens best interests to determine, not anyones guilt or innocence.

I am speaking now as a mother: I don't think the Dickies will allow the children to be interviewed. I think their foremost concern now is the wellbeing of the girls, and not what will happen to the murderer. They might decide to take the risk of certain potential evidence (any info the kids might have) never be known, for the sake of the sanity of the girls.

To me, he looks like he has given up, he looks "disconnected". He doesn't look like someone who is full of strength ready to fight what is being alleged. He looks defeated in the court appearance sketches (taking into account what was reported about his attitude in court).

I remember a Murder She Wrote episode where Angela Lansbury was talking about the demeanour of those who are arrested. The guilty are relaxed and it's like they expected it, but the innocent are hyped up and ready to fight.

Yes, and I wonder who has access/manages his account?? You cannot have more friends unless someone is accepting the friend's requests .. and we know it is not GBC!

My guess: his lawyers as a part of defense strategy. ???

I shall try to answer. I personally do not judge by body language, but face is different. The photos of GBC I have previously seen did not resonate with me for some reason. To me, he seemed stressed and distracted, which is understandable. I am not sure how to describe his latest photos, but in my opinion, there are signs of suppressed anger on his face. Just my feeling. I could not support it with any facts or templates for emotions. I would be glad to be wrong in this case.

I have a fairly good grasp of how a narcissist would look when sitting in the spotlight exposed. ( photo in car)
Narcissists are the absolute masters of disguises. Remember he knew the cameras were on him. That's why he Is blank blank blank looking.
I would expect nothing else .
He has presented himself specifically this way , blank , so he does not expose himself and the truth.
He has looked away and hidden his face in the big c room also .
This doesn't surprise me at all.
It just supports the fact that the narcissist is hiding from exposure.
He simply knows that lots and lots of people are watching him and a disguise won't work in this situation.
Psychotic narcissists are capable of m.......r.
They will fight to their last breath and still fight going down.
They never allow the truth to be told.
They are right and you are wrong.
Black is always white .
What I am saying is when he looks a certain way , don't be fooled .
The trick of working out what he is thinking , is to see the mirror reverse of how he is trying to portray himself to you the viewer.
It's hard to explain.
But very interesting this type of personality .
Watching a narcissist being exposed is going to be an amazing experience for me. I watch and wait so I can get a closer glimpse into the mind of this type of personality.
It will be interesting watching their reaction at every point of being exposed.
Watching him being held accountable will be good.

I am speaking now as a mother: I don't think the Dickies will allow the children to be interviewed. I think their foremost concern now is the wellbeing of the girls, and not what will happen to the murderer. They might decide to take the risk of certain potential evidence (any info the kids might have) never be known, for the sake of the sanity of the girls.

I wonder if it's worth the Dickies giving evidence of anything the kids told them when they were with them (if anything). Or indeed anything the kids told them about what any of the BCs said, or told them to say or not to say etc etc. i think a jury would tend to believe them.

I don't know about this. Kids aren't as lacking in comprehension as adults seem to think. They understand, obvouisly, that their mother has passed away (maybe not have been given any details, of course) and will not be coming home....even the youngest would understand this. Being in the company of their father since their mum 'disappeared' they would have felt and/or heard some strange things and 'know' in a basic instinct way that all was not well. Then, when their father was taken by the police, they would definitely know that something was going on and that daddy hadn't just had to "go away". Children can put 2 + 2 together much more adeptly than we given them credit for....even if other stories are being fed to them. IMO Moooooo

They didn't witness their father been taken by police, hence they might not know where he is or for what reason. They were picked up from school early by DOCS and QPS.

Yes, kids are not dumb, but from a situation I was placed in when our only child was 11, in which my ex-husband decided to move away from the city we all lived in and not even say good-bye to our child (with whom he had regular contact), and I then had to somehow explain to her why he had left, she did not understand it and was inconsolable for weeks.

This is not in line with the latest news but has some relevance to the case, in general, as a background info. Found on the internet with no proof of accuracy.

Scout Founder Baden - Powell a War Criminal?
http://digitaljournal.com/article/283534

<<This story truly illustrates that guilt for alleged war crimes, although seemingly easy to establish, from a simplistic point of view, actually may be rather difficult to establish, when more of the facts are known and taken into account. What seems simple on the surface is often very complicated underneath, and what seems to be a simple solution to a simple problem, may come back to haunt one many years after the fact.

What must be realised at all times, is that in the Fog of War, Truth is the first casualty. So often we really don't know what happened except through the journals and witness statements made by the participants, all of whom have their own particular view points, and their own particular axes to grind, and each of whom will tell the story from his or her own angle, seeking to place themselves in the best light always, despite the true facts of the matter. >>

Loyalty to parents
http://www.nybooks.com/articles/archives/1990/jun/28/a-bad-scout/?pagination=false

<<Baden-Powell viewed the parents of the under classes as part of the problem, rather than respectable figures of authority to whom he could trust his scouts. It was only when scouting clearly emerged as a middle and lower middle class movement that B-P felt it was appropriate to require scouts to promise loyalty to their parents. >>

<<The point is that whereas similar concerns went hideously astray elsewhere, leading to tyranny and mass murder, Baden-Powell’s martial fantasies were not much more excessive than affording the opportunity to boys of all classes, creeds, and colors to indulge in such silly but hardly noxious pleasures…>>

Unfortunately, I'm sure the older girl's class mates would have filled her in on a lot of things. Some of her school friends would have older siblings who would have said things to them, which would no doubt be passed on.

They didn't witness their father been taken by police, hence they might not know where he is or for what reason. They were picked up from school early by DOCS and QPS.

Yes, kids are not dumb, but from a situation I was placed in when our only child was 11, in which my ex-husband decided to move away from the city we all lived in and not even say good-bye to our child (with whom he had regular contact), and I then had to somehow explain to her why he had left, she did not understand it and was inconsolable for weeks.

Someone would have told the children what's going on, in an age appropriate way.

Yes, I have thought about that too.

It was alluded to in the news, that the arrest was brought forward to Wednesday after the police spent time interviewing family members earlier in the week. I guess this could mean many things, eg the family members were concerned that GBC was close to the edge so the police should act sooner rather than later, or it could be that someone divulged information - who knows...

I have a fairly good grasp of how a narcissist would look when sitting in the spotlight exposed. ( photo in car)
Narcissists are the absolute masters of disguises. Remember he knew the cameras were on him. That's why he Is blank blank blank looking.
I would expect nothing else .
He has presented himself specifically this way , blank , so he does not expose himself and the truth.
He has looked away and hidden his face in the big c room also .
This doesn't surprise me at all.
It just supports the fact that the narcissist is hiding from exposure.
He simply knows that lots and lots of people are watching him and a disguise won't work in this situation.
Psychotic narcissists are capable of m.......r.
They will fight to their last breath and still fight going down.
They never allow the truth to be told.
They are right and you are wrong.
Black is always white .
What I am saying is when he looks a certain way , don't be fooled .
The trick of working out what he is thinking , is to see the mirror reverse of how he is trying to portray himself to you the viewer.
It's hard to explain.
But very interesting this type of personality .
Watching a narcissist being exposed is going to be an amazing experience for me. I watch and wait so I can get a closer glimpse into the mind of this type of personality.
It will be interesting watching their reaction at every point of being exposed.
Watching him being held accountable will be good.

Exactly!

Having been married to (and escaped) a psychopathic narcissist myself I have first-hand experience and you have described to a T just how they behave.

And just a note to everyone who thinks or says "How could he do this, especially to his own children?"...A Psychopath has absolutely NO ability to feel empathy for anyone, including his/her own children. Other people are merely something to be used or manipulated to advance their own cause.

Just interested why you might think that that would make him confess or plead guilty? Because someone has dobbed on him and got immunity you mean?

Just a feeling. Maybe a deal was struck. "You plead guilty and we'll drop all the charges on others" Especially if his family were involved, even after the event. JMO

I remember a Murder She Wrote episode where Angela Lansbury was talking about the demeanour of those who are arrested. The guilty are relaxed and it's like they expected it, but the innocent are hyped up and ready to fight.

... I watched that show all the time. Yes, that's my thinking too. If I was arrested and knew that I was innocent, I would be fighting tooth and nail and making the most of any cameras available to speak about my innocence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshuasaunt