ARREST!!! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes she jumped right over that question...could have been someone who works for a media outlet or someone has passed it on to media for $$$s which is so wrong!!!

But wasn't the email obtained by Channel 10 in the first instance?

Yes, several reporters have said that it is not expected, however he has the right to appear if he wishes, but I think he is happy "in hiding" right now.

Yeah he is probably suffering some self esteem issues about now too.

If he in fact has a choice to appear, I wonder if there would be more chance of that if his lawyers believed that bail would be approved.

I mentioned last Friday my daughter works in a lab and that I asked her about beard hair.
Im old member just one that posts very little lol

Oh I knew I'd be too late - I always do that! :) Thanks Amee :)

Yeah he is probably suffering some self esteem issues about now too.

If he in fact has a choice to appear, I wonder if there would be more chance of that if his lawyers believed that bail would be approved.

I believe in some cases it would be helpful for the Judge to look at the accused (from the defence point of view). After all, a clean shaven GBC looks very harmless. IMO.

But wasn't the email obtained by Channel 10 in the first instance?

Yes I think that's what they said...but then where did they get it from??...someone who works for news 10 or someone sent it to them in exchange for $$$s??

alisonsandy ‏@alisonsandy
They were dressed up, so it's assumed they will attend the hearing even though their son is not expected to @couriermail #badenclay
----------------

They might be just going out for lunch...lol.

They are probably carrying a substantial bank cheque with them IMO.

If they are completely innocent of any involvement in this and they truly believe GBC is innocent ,I have to feel compassion for them. It must be taking a serious toll on their health.
This sort of stress can slowly kill you if you let it. Whatever the outcome today they have a lot more to deal with in the future as do the Dickies and the children. I feel for them all. IMO

If they are completely innocent of any involvement in this and they truly believe GBC is innocent ,I have to feel compassion for them. It must be taking a serious toll on their health.
This sort of stress can slowly kill you if you let it. Whatever the outcome today they have a lot more to deal with in the future as do the Dickies and the children. I feel for them all. IMO

I would have to agree. I really don't understand how the constant attacks on the BC family contribute to the "sleuthing" of this case.

A link to Closed Court for Queensland. There is a section re Bail. http://www.courts.qld.gov.au/__data...xceptions-to-the-general-rule-of-openness.pdf

Thanks Flinders, that is a useful link, I found this to be (IMO) particularly useful (BBM):

"• Justices Act 1886
Open / Closed Court
There is a general presumption that courts should be open and public28 but justices can, in the interests of public morality, require some or all persons to be excluded (but not the legal representatives of the defendant). It is open to justices to exclude strangers if it appears that the ends of justices require it....

• Bail Act 1980
Restrictions on publication
Where the complainant or prosecutor opposes the defendant’s release (under Part 2 – Grant and Enlargement of Bail and Other Release), a court can order that the evidence, information, representations of either party or the reasons for the court’s refusal of bail shall not be published – in the case where the examination relates to a witness to an indictable offence which examination is held before the defendant’s discharge, or where the defendant is tried or committed for trial but before the trial is ended."

Maybe a silly question but , will GBC be on a phone link ? If he isnt at the court when and how will he find out the decision? (Throw fruit if you need to, Im ready :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Double