ARREST!!! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What we may hear is witnesses who speak of what Gerard said to them about Allison. .

That wont be pretty, I am sure of it.

His whole line pre murder has to be Allisons not understanding him... so original, too.

There was no explanation given for the clearing of the court. As everyone left, OW stood in front of the public gallery (probably like the rest of us wondering what what going on). I don't think there was any big deal at all...

I did wonder if it was not really known by those in there why they were being told to leave. And that may account for OW reaction.

Now, I didn't really expect GBC's lawyer (Peter Davis, SC) to say in his opening remarks that the Crown has a very sound case and a strong likelihood of success at trial, but...

...prior to the bomb threat, he did say that the allegations were "extraordinary" (I think) and that the Crown had a "weak case".

Before the security scare, Mr Davis had been responding to a police affidavit which detailed why the prosecution said Baden-Clay should not be granted bail.
"An examination of it will demonstrate the weakness of the case against my client," he said.
"(And) the extraordinary nature of some of the allegations being made."

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national/sec...ng/story-e6frfkvr-1226403669080#ixzz1yR22aL16

I understand the defense attorney will try to put the evidence in the poorest light possible, but for a highly respected lawyer to describe the evidence as "weak", when that evidence is going to come out in the course of that very same hearing, surely means the case against GBC is not water-tight.

Maybe she just enjoys the limelight? Maybe she's accustomed to having a great deal of control?

In my opinion, she is not enjoying the limelight at all. Not that limelight. She looks very stressed. Her husband and herself have been a moral amplificateur in society until recently. Now they are at risk to lose this status. JMO.

Thanks Makara & Willough...I realllly had my cranky pants on back there for a while...lol.

Wozzle,

thank you, I thoroughly enjoy your posts. I don't agree with everything you say, mainly because my thinking and logic are more black and white. There are no shades of grey in my thoughts on Allison's murder.

BBM: Below. Feet of Clay IMO is an excellent title for a book and perhaps a movie down the track. Although I hate to think of Allison's daughters either reading or sitting down to watch either in years to come.

Itsthevibe: What a tremendous post! Common sense with compassion. And I too looked at that pic of GBC cuffed in the car and saw: terror, humiliation and pain. Who amongst us hasn't done something really rotten in their lives that they regret and think of over the years, wishing it had been different? Of course noone can condone killing, but much as I hope GBC experiences the full wrath of the law, I can't help but looking at him and thinking how absolutely horrendous it must be to be in his shoes. I also find myself thinking that if they're all guilty of either assisting with the 'deed' or at the very least knowing about it, and if they were not fond of Allison (or she of them) then it would have been so hypocritical of them to be bleating to the public in the media....as someone said: they're damned if they do, and damned if they don't. It's such a horrible tragedy (including for the BCs) but I feel the most for the SHEs (girls) - innocents who will have to carry this for the rest of their lives, whatever transpires from here on in.

I laughed along with you all to defuse the tension of what was 'going down' (I was imagining each of us grabbling one of Unfoldingtruth's koppers logs and marching on the courthouse in our avatar garb with placards nailed to our logs 'JUSTICE FOR ALLISON' etc. - as a group we could be 'The Koppers', rather than the 'coppers'!!)....and I felt nervous waiting for the hearing as if I was going to give a speech in court myself. I am a bit alarmed at feeling so 'involved' when I know none of the players, but as Hawkins and others have pointed out, we are a very giving and caring society, and often feel the pain of others, whether it be through death, floods, fire etc. etc. (Cynics might say we like to 'suffer' vicariously through others, but I don't subscribe to this view!) I was trying to explain the whole story to my husband this afternoon, and honestly, you couldn't write a book of fiction that is more convoluted. But I really think that we have to oust Occam's Razor and the KISS principle, because IMO it IS going to be ugly and complicated in the end. Why? Everything has already been said before but the police were NEVER looking elsewhere for the perpetrator/s and wouldn't make an arrest without being absolutely bloody sure....it's just too big a case not to have 'enough' before arresting. As to COD - if there was blood in the car as MSM have now told us, then that had to come from somewhere on Allison. If she was strangled or drowned in the bath = no blood, unless she happened to burst a few vessels and bled. Jungle drums and smoke signals have only mentioned these two possible CODs, so where would the blood have come from? I guess if she was stabbed there would have been a great deal of blood evidence, which I don't think is the case. I don't think we can completely dismiss the excision of the hands hypothesis - it's been bandied about a number of times. The SC in court today got as far as saying there had been outrageous claims about GBC. IMO this means that there IS something very ugly or unusual in the whole business. Whether this is premeditation, the collusion of many others, the excision of hands, strangling in the bath and redressing of the body, and even the most recent 'salacious rumour' ie a 'boyfriend' (which has been alluded to a few times before - yes, I've read EVERY post godammit!), IMO SOMETHING is bizarro here......and I'm going to go MAD if we don't find out soon. I'm nothing but a sloth at the moment....just as I was going to 'retire' from WS GBC was arrested!...so on we go! I'm supposed to be editing a book for my BIL, but instead of wondering who is going to play who in the 'movie version' (it's a REALLY good book!) I'm wondering who is going to play who in the movie 'Feet of Clay'!!! Thank you all for being such caring folk - any humour here is JUST diffusion, and I know you all care deeply for Allison and her family, particularly the girls. (Any mob of people gathered together for anything at all squabble and carry on don't they? Forums....families.....workplaces...............................

Olivia obviously supported Gerard in his horizontal adventures.. no reason why she wouldnt support him in murder..

I suppose if you are asking for money from people for Gerards 'defense'...you have to put in the hard yards yourself.

I hope they don't go down that road and put the victim on trial.

Personally, I feel he will continue to proclaim innocence and never offer a reason as to why.
You worded that well. I'm sort of semi tired and couldn't find the right words.

I've seen it where as a trial continues and what gets revealed doesn't seem to go quite to plan, a victim gets 'put on trial' (that's the expression I was looking for) so as to make it appear as if the victim was somehow partly responsible for, (asking for it) what happened.

It would be dreadful if that was the case. I honestly hope that doesn't happen because noone deserves to be murdered.

Maybe that's why it's so important to be photographed and filmed in attendance at the court ? Legitimises any first-hand/personal accounts or ghost-written versions of events, later on

I think she'll be well & truly taking notes of every word that's mentioned...for laters.

That was...strange!

To me, suggests someone who's been raised in siege mentality, someone either accustomed to living in an atmosphere of ' It's us against the world, kids' (and then you ask why this would be? What else has gone on with them in the past)?

or someone not quite right in the head - lacking emotional-intelligence, prone to unpredictability, even someone with PTSD

It doesn't jell: the pastor's-wife voice one minute and the crazy sprint the next

all my own opinion

I did wonder if it was not really known by those in there why they were being told to leave. And that may account for OW reaction.

That's right, no one knew why they were being asked to leave and they all had to leave via the fire escape.

In my opinion, she is not enjoying the limelight at all. Not that limelight. She looks very stressed. Her husband and herself have been a moral amplificateur in society until recently. Now they are at risk to lose this status. JMO.

What society?

Now, I didn't really expect GBC's lawyer (Peter Davis, SC) to say in his opening remarks that the Crown has a very sound case and a strong likelihood of success at trial, but...

...prior to the bomb threat, he did say that the allegations were "extraordinary" (I think) and that the Crown had a "weak case".

Before the security scare, Mr Davis had been responding to a police affidavit which detailed why the prosecution said Baden-Clay should not be granted bail.
"An examination of it will demonstrate the weakness of the case against my client," he said.
"(And) the extraordinary nature of some of the allegations being made."

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national/sec...ng/story-e6frfkvr-1226403669080#ixzz1yR22aL16

I understand the defense attorney will try to put the evidence in the poorest light possible, but for a highly respected lawyer to describe the evidence as "weak", when that evidence is going to come out in the course of that very same hearing, surely means the case against GBC is not water-tight.

Interesting. I don't look at it that way. But guess we will see. I tend to think a good barrister is going to do his best to pick apart a case and say all the right things in terms of defence. But it doesn't actually mean it is weak.. but they will find things to try to prove it is weak.. MOO

I would suggest the following:- When Allison was declared missing the family closed ranks. Realising there would be media interest from the immediate police response on day one.
Apart from many , many other things that were allegedly discussed the decision on who would front the media on behalf of the family, may have been decided. OW may have more experience addressing groups of people where as the other brother may be shy and less able to do so. MOO On the other had she may have just been overwhelmed by it all and fell into the protective mode. As I don't know her this is just what I think may have happened. I felt she was very genuine in her concern for Allison when she fronted the media initially and she has probably been swept away by it all in an emotional sense ,and logic , re her at home needs have become secondary , if she is content they are being well cared for.. MOO and MOO That's all I want to say about OW..no offence intended.

That may be Mothergoose! I am an only daughter with two brothers and tend to do all the liaising and looking after in the family, particularly where our parents are concerned. (Coincidentally one of my brothers is 'Nigel' and his daughter is 'Olivia Elaine'............but there, any similarity ends!!)

PS I have long wondered what was on your avatar (maybe my screen isn't big enough!) and then you mentioned when joining the fray - issued with your own Koppers log, of course - you'd be the one wearing the 'sandals' like the goose....and then the penny dropped! I've had geese in the past and loved them - Polly, Molly and Wally. Can you tell us why your goose is 'shod'?:waitasec:

I can fully understand OW fully supporting her brother if she genuinely believes he is innocent. It is quite possible that she feels the responsibility of being the primary support person for her brother even to protect her parents who (if they are not involved) may be in deep stress/ grief and confusions and this could all be potentially compounded by the possibility of age related health issues. The other brother lives overseas and is less able to help.

It is an incredibly difficult position for OW to be in and probably a lot for her to process and comprehend especially if she is innocent of any involvement or knowledge of what happened. I believe it is right for her to support her brother and her parents. GBC is entitled to a fair trial. Helping her brother through the various trials that will follow will either confirm in her mind his innocence, or help her to comprehend and accept his guilt if he in fact is guilty. I can fully understand her wanting to support her family. That is quite normal. We really don't know what has gone on behind the scenes in terms of relationships between various sides of the family even prior to this horrid crime, or even whether OW has asked GBC directly whether he was involved in Allison's demise or not. We just don't know those things. Perhaps OW has wrestled with herself about whether to help GBC or not and decided that this is the best way forward. Again we don't know.

The person my husband and I supported through a court case we actually had conversations with encouraging him that if he was guilty to just confess. But you have to be careful in these conversations to not discourage and disbelief a person, who if they are indeed innocent of what they have been charged with, is quite likely to be in a significant state of stress and anxiety and disbelief themselves about the situation that they find themselves in. If he said that he was guilty we would have still supported him through the process which in no way would have condoned what he was said to have done. We would have been supporting him not to try and get him off but to deal positively and constructively with what he was faced with.

To support this person through this court case was an incredible demand on my family and also for my husband and I personally. It was a logistical nightmare with our children. But it was something that my husband and I knew that we had to do and we don't regret our support of that person. It took us a long time to get over it. So I do really feel for the Walton's at this time especially if they have absolutely no involvement in this horrid crime. They have been through a lot and it is not likely to be over for some time. If OW genuinely believes that GBC is innocent I believe that she is displaying great courage in supporting him especially given what seems to be public perception of the case and GBC's involvement. Obviously if she is in any way involved or covering up for the family the scenario is quite different.

These are all just my humble opinions as we wait for justice to unfold for Allison.

Very well said. Sometimes friends and family support those they love in such situations, because they just feel so strongly compelled to do so_Others would run a mile. Takes all kinds huh? On that note I bid you G'nite. Thanks for the post. Enlightening perspective. Cheers.

I can fully understand OW fully supporting her brother if she genuinely believes he is innocent. It is quite possible that she feels the responsibility of being the primary support person for her brother even to protect her parents who (if they are not involved) may be in deep stress/ grief and confusions and this could all be potentially compounded by the possibility of age related health issues. The other brother lives overseas and is less able to help.

It is an incredibly difficult position for OW to be in and probably a lot for her to process and comprehend especially if she is innocent of any involvement or knowledge of what happened. I believe it is right for her to support her brother and her parents. GBC is entitled to a fair trial. Helping her brother through the various trials that will follow will either confirm in her mind his innocence, or help her to comprehend and accept his guilt if he in fact is guilty. I can fully understand her wanting to support her family. That is quite normal. We really don't know what has gone on behind the scenes in terms of relationships between various sides of the family even prior to this horrid crime, or even whether OW has asked GBC directly whether he was involved in Allison's demise or not. We just don't know those things. Perhaps OW has wrestled with herself about whether to help GBC or not and decided that this is the best way forward. Again we don't know.

The person my husband and I supported through a court case we actually had conversations with encouraging him that if he was guilty to just confess. But you have to be careful in these conversations to not discourage and disbelief a person, who if they are indeed innocent of what they have been charged with, is quite likely to be in a significant state of stress and anxiety and disbelief themselves about the situation that they find themselves in. If he said that he was guilty we would have still supported him through the process which in no way would have condoned what he was said to have done. We would have been supporting him not to try and get him off but to deal positively and constructively with what he was faced with.

To support this person through this court case was an incredible demand on my family and also for my husband and I personally. It was a logistical nightmare with our children. But it was something that my husband and I knew that we had to do and we don't regret our support of that person. It took us a long time to get over it. So I do really feel for the Walton's at this time especially if they have absolutely no involvement in this horrid crime. They have been through a lot and it is not likely to be over for some time. If OW genuinely believes that GBC is innocent I believe that she is displaying great courage in supporting him especially given what seems to be public perception of the case and GBC's involvement. Obviously if she is in any way involved or covering up for the family the scenario is quite different.

These are all just my humble opinions as we wait for justice to unfold for Allison.

At the risk of my posts just handing out platitudes and warm fuzzies tonight- though we can all use them sometimes(warm fuzzies).. another great post ..

On that note G'night.:bedtime:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member