*Arrest* Holly Bobo investigation- TBI press conference 5 March 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a timeline posted somewhere to get caught up fast? I am a bit lost trying to find HB threads on here. TIA.
I know "of" the case but knew nothing about ZA until yesterday.

I didn't see these posted, but could have missed it earlier in the thread.

The Memphis Fox affiliate posted photos of the Grand Jury indictments.
http://content.foxtvmedia.com/whbq/Zachary_Adams_indictments.pdf

From the above documents, which really don't say too much, it sounds as if Holly was, perhaps, more seriously injured during kidnapping and expired from her wounds on the 13th.

Carla Lashelle, I don't interpret the GJ indictment which states 'on or about 04/13/2011, to mean that HB died from her wounds received during the actual abduction.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Straight out to the "Lion`s Den". Wendy Murphy, former prosecutor, what does it mean when they say he`s accused of murder one, and especially aggravated kidnapping, meaning that she was killed in the process of this kidnapping? I just don`t even want to think about it. But please explain to us what they might be talking about.

WENDY MURPHY, FORMER PROSECUTOR: Well, there are a number of categories under Tennessee law that fit that definition. It`s an unusual category, by the way. Most states don`t have that extra word, "especially".

But according to Tennessee law, that means that probably a deadly weapon was used. Serious bodily injury was involved, which I think we can infer from the fact that there was a murder. But also there`s a possible category that she was taken for ransom. We haven`t heard that yet. But those are some of the reasons that police charged especially aggravated kidnapping.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, we try to speak out in the war on women. Wendy Murphy, former prosecutor, 10 seconds. They have not found the body, to our knowledge. Is that going to hamper?

MURPHY: No, because if they are confident that they are charging him with murder, they found her parts in some way, shape or form, which is pretty awful.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1403/05/ijvm.01.html

BBM:

:seeya: In the latest mugshot that was posted, that smile is gone !

:rose: RIP, Holly :rose:

and sure looks like the artist composite drawing the young girl that escaped abduction! Are there more victims?

Carla Lashelle, I don't interpret the GJ indictment which states 'on or about 04/13/2011, to mean that HB died from her wounds received during the actual abduction.

I do based on this, from the actual document...

"That Zachary Adams... on or about April 13, 2011... did knowingly remove or confine Holly Lynn Bobo as to interfere substantially with her liberty, causing serious bodily injury (to Holly Bobo)."

she was seriously injured during the abduction and died. That is why he is charged wtih murder committed during the course of a kidnapping or however they worded it yesterday.

MURPHY: No, because if they are confident that they are charging him with murder, they found her parts in some way, shape or form, which is pretty awful.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...5/ijvm.01.html

UGH! So horrible. :notgood:

Unfortunately I have wondered this since yesterday. Short of massive amounts of blood,photos or video what else could it be. I think some of poor Holly may have been recovered. I hope I am wrong.

and sure looks like the artist composite drawing the young girl that escaped abduction! Are there more victims?

:seeya: Yes ... the artist composite is a close match, IMO.

Good questions : Are there more victims ? JMO, but I think so.

:twocents:

Unfortunately I have wondered this since yesterday. Short of massive amounts of blood,photos or video what else could it be. I think some of poor Holly may have been recovered. I hope I am wrong.

It's all speculation for now since LE won't confirm or deny if they have recovered Holly. We'll just have to wait and see what their proof is, just as we are waiting for the proof of death in Sierra LaMar and Heather Elvis' cases. They have enough to charge murder so it must be significant evidence.

It's all speculation for now since LE won't confirm or deny if they have recovered Holly. We'll just have to wait and see what their proof is, just as we are waiting for the proof of death in Sierra LaMar and Heather Elvis' cases. They have enough to charge murder so it must be significant evidence.

Yes and I hope I am wrong. Praying somebody knows where she is and talks. I hope they do go for the DP.

Danielle Darnell, who grew up around Adams and has known him since he was a young boy, spoke to News 2 about her involvement in the case.

"I had called the TBI two years ago and spoke with them, and two years later they called me back and wanted to interview," she said.

Darnell explained she couldn't share exactly what she spoke to the TBI about, but feels the information she gave them was helpful.

"Right now, it's the beginning of the end. This isn't the end; it's the beginning of a whole new chapter of Zach Adams. It's just the beginning," she stated.

When asked if she feels Holly could have been killed by Zach, Darnell took a moment before answering with tears in her eyes.

"In my heart of hearts, I've asked myself that question a million times over, and I do. I do believe that," she said.

Darnell also told media that people in the community feared Adams due to "his wild behavior," saying it was "like he has nothing to live for."

http://www.wnct.com/story/24892607/holly-bobo-briefing

I do based on this, from the actual document...

"That Zachary Adams... on or about April 13, 2011... did knowingly remove or confine Holly Lynn Bobo as to interfere substantially with her liberty, causing serious bodily injury (to Holly Bobo)."

she was seriously injured during the abduction and died. That is why he is charged wtih murder committed during the course of a kidnapping or however they worded it yesterday.

Carla Lashelle, I respectfully disagree. My interpretation of the GJ indictment wording due to the 'on or about 04/13/2011; statement' , combined with the failure by Director Mark Gwyn to answer the journalist's question, 'what date was HB murdered' is partially why I doubt this. If HB was murdered on 04/13/2011, there would be no reason to be so evasive by not to disclosing this info, imo.
According to reports, there was only a minimal amout of HB's blood located in the carport on 04/13/2011.

http://www.examiner.com/article/upd...bi-will-not-release-results-of-blood-analysis

When Holly didn’t return, her brother noticed a small amount of blood on the carport and called authorities.

I agree based on the GJ coming back so fast. They definitely have something. :(

Yes and I hope I am wrong. Praying somebody knows where she is and talks. I hope they do go for the DP.

I hope they find her. I kind of doubt they will go for the DP if they haven't recovered her. I've read articles about that in the past and "no body" murder cases seem to be less likely to get DP sentences than murder cases where the body has been found.

I'm not really encouraged by Tennessee's use of the DP anyway. Someone upthread said that TN has only executed 6 people over the last several decades. As a Texan, that statistic does not impress me.

Is there a timeline posted somewhere to get caught up fast? I am a bit lost trying to find HB threads on here. TIA.
I know "of" the case but knew nothing about ZA until yesterday.

:seeya: Welcome !

I hope this helps: Below are the links to the recent threads when the Search Warrants were issued.

Search Warrant: Thread #1

SPOTLIGHT CASE New Search Warrants in Holly Bobo case 28 February 2014 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Search Warrant: Thread #2

SPOTLIGHT CASE New Search Warrants in Holly Bobo case 28 February 2014 #2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I hope they find her. I kind of doubt they will go for the DP if they haven't recovered her. I've read articles about that in the past and "no body" murder cases seem to be less likely to get DP sentences than murder cases where the body has been found.

I'm not really encouraged by Tennessee's use of the DP anyway. Someone upthread said that TN has only executed 6 people over the last several decades. As a Texan, that statistic does not impress me.

Valid points. Perhaps Holly will be recovered in the days to come. I would get much satisfaction tho if he sat on death row for many years. Those stats are quite depressing for sure.

I hear ya. The not knowing must be a nightmare in itself :seeya: Meant to add in my above post I do think somebody got squeezed and talked. And I don't think it was the accused. That gave LE what they needed for those Search Warrants. IMO.

Today my heart is still heavy and breaks for Holly's family.

Just jumping off of you post Bravo to say this::)

Sometimes I think we seem to expect way too much of others, imo. Clint truly felt this was Holly's boyfriend and he also felt he had no right to meddle in their business. That shows me he was a good brother..........not a bad one. He will never get over the fact that it wasn't Holly's boyfriend, like he thought, and will wrestle with this for the rest of his life. No one's mind automatically goes into thinking something awful is happening especially when the person is 'leading' not dragging..ugggh another into the woods. I truly think Clint thought they had walked off together to talk. Holly grew up and hunted in the woods. Woods weren't seen as foreboding to any of the Bobo family.

I first thought there would be others arrested along with ZA but now I am not so sure. He certainly could have accomplished kidnapping and murdering Holly all on his own.

I ponder if someone got squeezed or they received a credible tip that the answers to Holly's disappearance was on ZAs place. I don't think even if someone talked that is what got the case solved.

I firmly believe it is what LE found during the search warrants at ZAs home and property that led to the arrest. And I think that will be the key evidence in the case rather than the testimony of someone who may have talked since the cast of characters surrounding ZA seem to have credibility issues of their own.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members