Arrest in JBR case part 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am sure someone else must have notice the news video on Fox of this arrest in Thailand. Who was that man standing next to him holding his arm in such an affectionate manner? Do we know?

"I wondered if the police went ahead and arrested Karr because he'd lost his job and they were afraid he'd disappear."

That would seem to be what happened.

"But please tell me that Lacey didn't jump the gun and cause all this publicity on the basis of a psycho's obsession..."

I can't yet.

MrsMush99 said:
Otto, I heard it earlier this morning. Haven't heard it since. That's why I was hoping someone else heard it.

The teddy bear picture is mentioned in this link:
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_4926302,00.html

In a related development Thursday, the Daily Camera reported that Tracey shared details of his research into the Ramsey case with students months before he alerted authorities.

The paper reported former students as saying that someone sent Tracey a childhood picture of himself holding a white Santa Claus teddy bear and purportedly taken on a Christmas morning. The stuffed animal was apparently just like the one that mysteriously showed up in JonBenet's bedroom and stumped the family and investigators.

My daugher came by yesterday (43 yr. old) not at all a person interested in sleuthing but has a very good sense of people. Teacher for 15 years

We were watching the news and the minute she saw John Karr on the screen she she said: " He looks exactly like John Ramsey"! "Maybe he was his illigitimate son!.....so since that theory has never been brought up on this thread...recently, just thought I'd post it.

Look at John's son. One by first marriage...very tall, quite handsome but not Patsy's son.

Son by Patsy, look's like Patsy, look's nothing like John. That would be Burke.

Put a little fat and a smile on Karr's face....does look like more like John!

xxxxxooo
mama

Misstrewriter said:
I also believe that the ransome note was composed while the killer was killing time while waiting in the house (no pun intended). He intended to kidnap her...the money wasnt the prize.....she was.
I've been thinking this also, MW. I wonder if whomever did this wanted to kidnap her but once he got his hands on her, he couldn't wait and acted impulsively. I've also wondered if the blow to the head was done in anger towards the child for dying or in anger towards himself for acting too soon. I'm leaning towards the idea that the perp had every intention of kidnapping the child and just couldn't control himself when he got her.

Welcome to WS, MW. Thanks for joining in. Hopefully we can all see resolution to this case soon. Otto, I'm with you - I wish the media would allow this to work itself out for a bit.

mfmangel1 said:
BillyGoatGruff:
QUOTE:
Hate to tell ya--Alabama & Georgia are right next to one another. It's a 2/3 hour drive from Atlanta to Alabammy, depending on the route you take. People routinely commute to Alabama to Atlanta for work on a daily schedule. So this "inconsistency" means squat.

I do know my geography! LOL! I am well aware of the location of Alabama and Georgia, having lived in Atlanta for most of my life.

I found it odd that the wife and/or brother did not state that the entire family was together for Christmas 1996 in one location. She said Alabama and he said Atlanta.

I thought it was interesting....Apparently, you did not.

However, I would appreciate it if you did not refer to my opinions as "squat". Thank you. :(
I heard that it was EITHER Atlanta or Alabama. Seems they had family in both and always spent holidays in one place or another.

Buzzm1 said:
It was a 3,000 mile round trip for Karr to Boulder. If he drove that, it would be a minimum of four days away from his home, so there is a good chance he would have flown, and rented a car.
And flying at Christmas time is no picnic with delayed flights, overbooking, weather, etc. Also, did LE check with his employer to see if he worked the day after Christmas?

blonde1 said:
I wondered if the police went ahead and arrested Karr because he'd lost his job and they were afraid he'd disappear.
Actually, he had just started a new job teaching children. I've wondered if they arrested him because he's a known pedophile, wanted for charges in CA years ago, and felt that he was a clear and present danger to the children he was teaching. What I can't figure out though is why they couldn't just arrest him on those past charges and continue to investigate him on JB without breathing a word to the media.

fundiva said:
And flying at Christmas time is no picnic with delayed flights, overbooking, weather, etc. Also, did LE check with his employer to see if he worked the day after Christmas?
He was a teacher and so he would not work the day after Christmas. His employer did say he returned after the Christmas break in January.

On CourtTV, they're saying that the Thai official is back-pedaling with his statements about Karr's comments. They also just stated that Karr allegedly had gruesome details about JonBenet's body that were known only to the ME and the investigators. The woman speaking says that she knows the details, and was told this "off the record".

JerseyGirl said:
On CourtTV, they're saying that the Thai official is back-pedaling with his statements about Karr's comments. They also just stated that Karr allegedly had gruesome details about JonBenet's body that were known only to the ME and the investigators. The woman speaking says that she was told this "off the record".
Aren't some of the former detectives now working for or on behalf of John Ramsey? And aren't there autopsy pics on the internet somewhere?

This CNN reporterette is saying she knows what Karr said about the body...but she won't disclose it. So, who's leaking? Tracey, BPD, DA??

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_4926302,00.html

It was the day before Christmas Eve 2005 when John Mark Karr sent an e-mail to University of Colorado professor Michael Tracey, seeking a strange favor.
He asked Tracey to visit JonBenet Ramsey's old house in Boulder and read aloud an ode he called JonBenet, My Love.

"JonBenet, my love, my life. I love you and shall forever love you. I pray that you can hear my voice calling out to you from my darkness - this darkness that now separates us," it read, in part.

The e-mail was part of a small sample of the often lurid and disturbing correspondence between a person that investigators believe to be Karr and Tracey. The e-mails were obtained Thursday by the Rocky Mountain News from a source close to the investigation.

Amster said:
Aren't some of the former detectives now working for or on behalf of John Ramsey? And aren't there autopsy pics on the internet somewhere?

This CNN reporterette is saying she knows what Karr said about the body...but she won't disclose it. So, who's leaking? Tracey, BPD, DA??

The investigation was taken away from the BPD -- some people think they are both close-minded and incompetent. Hence, it is unlikely that any leaks that lend credibility to Karr's confession would come from the BPD.

Amster said:
Honestly, it seems to me that after 10 years, every single detail would be available if you asked enough people. (And if anyone were going to ask enough people, it seems that Karr would given his apparent obsession with this case.) So I don't know what's going to come of any of this or if there really were details that weren't given on the autopsy report, (as they're questioning on tv). I'm sure we're going to be hearing much more about this aspect.

I'm looking forward to knowing more about the teddy bear picture as well. I haven't heard about that yet.

Amster said:

I think this reporterette should be relieved of her duties for being so out of line for stating this before it is proper to do so. A sensitive case like this should be respected, and if the DA doesn't want this info out there she should leave it alone!

Scandi

fundiva said:
I heard that it was EITHER Atlanta or Alabama. Seems they had family in both and always spent holidays in one place or another.

It could have been both places...I stated on another thread that I live in Alabama but can reach the Atlanta airport (which is on my side of Atlanta, I admit) inside of an hour and a half going the speed limit on I-85.

Love_Mama said:
My daugher came by yesterday (43 yr. old) not at all a person interested in sleuthing but has a very good sense of people. Teacher for 15 years

We were watching the news and the minute she saw John Karr on the screen she she said: " He looks exactly like John Ramsey"! "Maybe he was his illigitimate son!.....so since that theory has never been brought up on this thread...recently, just thought I'd post it.

Look at John's son. One by first marriage...very tall, quite handsome but not Patsy's son.

Son by Patsy, look's like Patsy, look's nothing like John. That would be Burke.

Put a little fat and a smile on Karr's face....does look like more like John!

xxxxxooo
mama

I see the resemblance but if Karr is the killer and it's his DNA at the crime scene, wouldn't it have been more of a match to the Ramseys if he is John's son?

englishleigh said:
I see the resemblance but if Karr is the killer and it's his DNA at the crime scene, wouldn't it have been more of a match to the Ramseys if he is John's son?
I was out getting lunch and right before I left saw the post of John and John, I thought the same thing, but I wasn't so sure about DNA. So, if they were related, the DNA could give the same match on them, I guess that I my question?

Anywho, wouldn't THAT have been SOMETHING!!!! If the killer was an illegitimate son of JR's and no one knew about him, DNA come back for match on JR and he really did do it, but nobody believes it. HOLY CRAP, that would SUCK!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr
Back