***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please don't bring rumors here from other boards. Now that a suspect has been arrested, let's wait and see what is going to be reported in the news. Thanks.

who dat, who dat, who dat gonna beat them saints (am I right, that's coming from a bears fan lol) Saints football I do believe.

You are almost right. It's who DAT , who DAT who DAT say they gonna beat dem saints! Love to all my saints fans.

This is the weirdest sense of semi-relief I've ever felt. I am so glad that there is forward motion -- and pretty definitive forward motion at that.

My heart goes out to the Shunicks. What a terrible situation. They've been living in one type of nightmare since May 19th, and if there is a trial, that will be a whole other kind they'll have to live through...I hope they have the support and resources they need.

Such unfathomable tragedy.

are you serious?? you really don't know? I'm naive so I can't ever tell if people are joking.

if you aren't it's for the Saints in NOLA. who dat who dat who dat say the gonna beat dem' Saints? Who dat?

it's for Who that

Little on the "who Dat" is a language spoken in New Orleans taken from "Yat" as in "where y'at?"... It REALLY IS a form of the Hoboken, Jersey, Bronx accent with a "southern twist" made famous in a book "Confederacy of Dunces" which is suppose to be made into a movie. Every time they have tried to make it...the lead actor has succumbed to death (John Belushi, John Candy, Chris Farley) then when funding was available & a "live one was found (John Goodman) Katrina came a'calling & hauling...so now it's STILL being looked at but they want Will Ferrell (I see Jack Black)...sorry off the subject but felt the need to lighten the mood a little with useless trivia.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/05/sheriff-man-booked-in-missing-la-student-case/

Soon after her disappearance, Lafayette police released video taken about the time she went missing. It showed her cycling on a Lafayette street around 1:45 a.m. on May 19. Investigators said at the time that they were seeking information about a pickup truck seen on the video. The sex offender website shows a white 2011 Chevrolet Silverado under vehicles linked to Lavergne.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/05/sheriff-man-booked-in-missing-la-student-case/#ixzz1zoUrbmhp

yeah rumour and suspicion is what solves things. The PI recieved 2 tips from 2 different people about the same person. IMO I'd say that the tips were from the family member that was worried and from the car sales person who was recntly a few pages back spoken about. Public eye solves most things. I asked this earlier but no one replied but did anyone happen to cross BSL path?

Supposedly LE got video from the daily advertizer on bertrand drive between 12pm to 4am. Would it take this long for video to be found along her supposed route; or do you think it was 'called in as a tip'?

i don't think she would have rode down bertrand, right? is it possible that he DROVE down bertrand? and the video is of him, maybe with the bike in the back. maybe no one thought to look at those videos until recently because they didn't think that she was going to ride down there. maybe once they suspected him, they said, ok he lives near churchpoint, we think he took her by circle K, so what route did he take next. then they looked at video from betrand and whatever other streets woudl have been along his route home

Absolutely awful evening. Please keep Mickey's family and friends in your thoughts and prayers.

No disrespect, but "rumors" are how cases are solved.
rumors can also make cases go horribly wrong, compromise investigations,cause the guilty go free and drag innocent people though the mud. Rumors are often comprised of half the information and that is dangerous.

There have been rumors of at least 5 different perps on this case what if each one was dissected here? To what end?

There are plenty of places to discuss rumors on the net but generally and overall this is not one of them.

who dat, who dat, who dat gonna beat them saints (am I right, that's coming from a bears fan lol) Saints football I do believe.

"who dat say dey gonna beat dem saints" (New Orleans born and bred)

That may be true, but WS is a place for facts and theories, always has been and that is why it has so many members, IMO.

agreed. since there's been an arrest, it's not necessary. everything will pan out in time.

No disrespect, but "rumors" are how cases are solved.

False. Cases are solved with facts and evidence. I shudder to imagine the results of an investigative unit that solved cases solely on "rumors"...

Who Dat is associated with the New Orleans Saints football team, but in reality it is the name of a song that was published years ago and was not originally associated with the Saints. When the Saints won the Superbowl, the NFL tried to lay dibs on the phrase claiming they owned it, but that didn't go over too well. The term is listed on Wikipedia, interesting story.

BTW, the people who live in Who Dat Nation are appropriately termed, 'Yat's', because we have a way of greeting each other with, 'wheryat'.

true dat! lol

yeah rumour and suspicion is what solves things. The PI recieved 2 tips from 2 different people about the same person. IMO I'd say that the tips were from the family member that was worried and from the car sales person who was recntly a few pages back spoken about. Public eye solves most things. I asked this earlier but no one replied but did anyone happen to cross BSL path?

what do you mean by crossed his path?

Do we know for a fact that Mickey's dad was advised of the case status earlier than the rest of the family? Where is this info coming from?

Supposedly LE got video from the daily advertizer on bertrand drive between 12pm to 4am. Would it take this long for video to be found along her supposed route; or do you think it was 'called in as a tip'?

She would not have passed by the Daily Advertiser on her route home. He may have passed by it though with Mickey and her bike in tow on his way out of town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megamookie