***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes. i remember this. she said it was from city hall. people were mad at her for not telling us how she obtained it. either way, we told her to turn it in and i believe she did.

OMG she sent me a pm and I was trying to help her id it from a description she was giving me since she couldn't post it or figure out how to send it to anyone. I'm just dumbfounded and you don't know how much I hope I helped her in some way. Still very sad though. I had really hoped and prayed for a different outcome.

Can I say pm? I'm sorry if I can't. How about I heard from her.

I just hope BSL does the right thing and gives this family a proper burial.

I have to admit, I was so stoked when I saw there was an arrest. I came on here and also saw that six letter word.

I actually said in passing to someone, he's safer in jail that out here because there would be a lynching.

And then to read the headline this morning, it's a punch in the gut.

I find that wonderful news. I believe in the death penalty, but sometimes I like to see someone suffer and think about why they are there. That may not sound good on me, but I can't help it. If this guy is young I hope he lives a long time. Do they still bust rocks into gravel? He better be glad I don't get to decide his punishment.:jail:

and why would they give it to the advertiser instead of LE?!
Not sure if I'm responding properly... But in response to everyone wondering about the newest surveillance footage obtained from the Advertiser. The advertisers printing building is on Bertrand. It must be footage from their printing building. I used to deliver papers for them and this was where you picked up the loads. so I'm pretty sure it wasn't turned into them by another person, it is their own footage.

For those of you not from the area, I thought I would do a little informative explanation of the locations here:

GquH1.png

From looking at this map, it SEEMS like the perp could get home on back roads from WB exit... Maybe?
Yes. The gravel road at whiskey bay eventually runs into 190. It's "the old hwy" before the basin bridge was built.

To all my fellow Sleuthers and to those awesome, dedicated folks of Lafayette and the surrounding areas, this has been a sad revelation for us in the last hours and I just wanted to say thank you to you ALL. Thinking of the Shunick family. Group hug time. Tears.

:grouphug:

When will our laws change to keep sex offenders in jail for life!
We read this day after day and our precious children dissappear off the streets because of these vermin something has to be done.
they offend once go to jail the next time they offend they kill because they dont want to go back to jail...So whats the solution????? Keep em!
what do we?????????????/
What can we do to make sure they remain in jail no matter what!
We cant let this keep happening!
when you go to the map of offenders in areas your own included it light up like a christmas tree with offenders in the area this is just not right!
Im PO'D
These things should not be happening!

I'm just catching up and so very sorry to hear the sad news :rose:

It also makes me wonder if they got DNA off the bike...

I'm thinking fingerprints... greasy fingerprints would probably hold up in the water for a while. If he dumped it expecting that it would never be found, he was probably not very careful about leaving prints on the bike.

Mickey was the reason I joined WS. I'm from NOLA, born & raised, but live on the East Coast, now. I can't even say I was ever all that familiar with Lafayette as I pretty much kept my stomping grounds local to NOLA and spread to BR for undergrad. However, there's something about us Louisiana folk. We may not know each other, but we come together as one when something unwelcome intrudes upon our community. I've lived in a lot of different places, and there's no place like LA and there's no people on earth like LA natives. Love to you all, especially the Shunick family. May you find peace in the coming days. My heart is broken for everyone that Mickey has touched.

Mickey Shunick Case: Police Charge Sexual Offender With Murder

So they have to have evidence she died!
I wonder if they found her!

Sad to see this news today. I'm guessing they must have some pretty strong evidence or an outright confession. It's extremely rare for a charge of murder without a body. Even if you had evidence of say his and her prints on her bike, along with say blood, that's still not enough for 1st degree I wouldn't think as that does not explain the circumstances of the death.

I'm thinking of other cases, specifically Ayla Reynolds, where they have possible evidence of her at least being injured (blood in the house) and yet there are no charges, let alone murder charges.

I'm wondering if there is a confession or the perp bragged to someone about it and the witness sold him out.

Thinking of her friends and family. Thinking of all you sleuthers too, feel so sad today.
I joined here when I found out about mickey, and always held out hope for a better ending. Big hugs everyone x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne