ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
forgive me if this has been posted already ... an article that mentions a video game about serial killers ... the game came out in 1996 with Christopher Walken playing a person named "Vince Magnotta" ... could this be where LM took Magnotta from when he changed his name?

FWIW ... the article also states ...

That's been discussed before and I didn't chime in. But now I'll say this about that. I used to be quite into that type of game and have actually played Ripper. It doesn't strike me as the cup of tea of lm's gender or generation, or of him, in particular. It's fare more "cerebral" than your typical blood and gore game like call of duty and that ilk. Although there are exceptions, those types of games often appeal to people who began gaming with the likes of Zork (youngsters, google it lol) and mostly women. In fact, it's practically a lost genre because the demographic is so narrow. So while it's hard to dismiss the connection because of the unusualness of that surname and the subject matter of the game, I'd be looking more for real life gangsters named magnotta. I've mentioned I've known people with that surname in the northeast US and I wouldn't be surprised to learn that it's Sicilian. I haven't checked it out myself, though. That said, nothing would surprise me.

Yes, I think it's very possible. Criminal profilers are trained to do this sort of thing and it works to that point that they scare themselves sometimes with the degree of identification they achieve, in order to solve crimes/understand criminal minds. I'm working logically with everything I know to be true or likely true about him and hoping that the result makes sense, guiding me toward a deeper understanding. Otherwise the very face of the crime is simply horrifying and I will never understand how someone could do something like this. I have this obsession with being able to understand anything and that includes being able to empathize or see into any given person. Maybe it's a little crazy. It doesn't mean I want to be that person or live inside of their head long-term. I just want to have that glimpse. It's sort of like fitting puzzle pieces in and then when I have the entire whole I can breathe more easily. It doesn't help that I've been victimized by creeps so that such exercises give me a feeling of control over what terrifies me--something I lacked at the time and crave now.

It seems to me that prosecutors want to understand the crime, and that does involve getting into the head of the accused - to some degree. That is, from my understanding, they want to piece together the evidence in such a way that it tells a story of what happened. I don't think it involves delving into the psychological anatomy of a criminal.

We've been cooperating with them since day 1. They have it all :)

Thank you for that.

I take issue with *some* animal rights activists for the way they go about things. I won't get into it, because it doesn't belong here, but I will say that it seems that you don't operate the way those that I am unamused with do. I appreciate that, and animals would, too :)
It is good that you have been cooperating, and want this Eric Newman to pay for ALL of his crimes, towards animals AND humans. Which is what I want, as well.
:seeya:

Thank you for that.

I take issue with *some* animal rights activists for the way they go about things. I won't get into it, because it doesn't belong here, but I will say that it seems that you don't operate the way those that I am unamused with do. I appreciate that, and animals would, too :)
It is good that you have been cooperating, and want this Eric Newman to pay for ALL of his crimes, towards animals AND humans. Which is what I want, as well.
:seeya:

Oh so do we; of course the animal crimes are secondary and we know and respect that fully. I should add that some of the longer standing core members aren't even AR activists at all; but got sucked into the story. The way this unfolded... some of us were just fascinated with the complexity.

We saw it coming a mile away and took meticulous records. Of course; a human life has been lost and I can assure you that *all* of us took it very seriously. No one (ok.. Im sure a few did in reality) cried harder than I did when I watched the video of Jun Lin's last moments. I begged my brain to convince me it was a fake.

Oh so do we; of course the animal crimes are secondary and we know and respect that fully.

Oh, I think they are just as terrible as what happens to humans. LE doesn't seem to see things that way, I guess it is easier to 'get' somebody who harms a person than it is to 'get' somebody who harms an animal. It is just horrible to treat any living creature the way Magnotta has done.
I am just really happy to see some animal rights activists not resulting to terrorism tactics and vigilante justice. I find that sort of thing hypocritical.

You guys have been on this creep's back for some time now. I'm really glad that you have been cooperating with LE. Even if he can't be charged for animal cruelty, any assistance you guys can provide to help get this guy locked up will definitely end up helping keep animals safe from this monster in the future.

It seems to me that prosecutors want to understand the crime, and that does involve getting into the head of the accused - to some degree. That is, from my understanding, they want to piece together the evidence in such a way that it tells a story of what happened. I don't think it involves delving into the psychological anatomy of a criminal.

I am really hoping Luka tells everything and even takes the stand at his trial ... IMO ... these guys are just too twisted to figure out.

Experts say there is no neurological litmus test for psychopathy.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/06/08/is-everything-thats-allegedly-wrong-with-luka-rocco-magnotta-all-in-the-brain/

forgive me if this has been posted already ... an article that mentions a video game about serial killers ... the game came out in 1996 with Christopher Walken playing a person named "Vince Magnotta" ... could this be where LM took Magnotta from when he changed his name?

FWIW ... the article also states ...

I believe it is possible that there was someone who knew about LM's murder and torture of those poor little kittens, and if that person has not come forward yet, that makes them an accomplice, IMHO. It really shouldn't be too hard to figure out who the accomplice was (if there is one), because LM seems to have no real relationships with anyone at all! I just can't muster up any sympathy towards LM.

Hello all, lurking for a while now but finally decided to post. I am a Montreal native and have been more disturbed by this case than anything in recent memory. I'm a young gay male myself who has frequented online dating sites and the truth is this folks: this could have been me. I've been devastated to find out this young man was from Concordia - I have friends and ex's who have gone to Concordia, I've even dated Chinese students here in Montreal; to say this hits close to home is the understatement of the decade.

I, like all of you, am deeply disturbed/insanely curious about what it is we don't yet know in regards to this case. Where is the head? Still on it's way to some remote location? Where is the dog? How did the neighbors not know LM had a dog? Why the edits in the tape (I have tried to get myself to watch it but just cannot... I look at that sweet young man's face and I just crumble)? Who did he stay with while in Europe? How is there NO CCTV tape/eye-witness account of him mailing the other parts? Even this guy winding up in Montreal is a sort of mystery...

The anglo-gay community here is pretty small and everyone kind of, in some way, knows each other. Where the eff did this guy come from? I can't even begin to tell all of you how troubling this is for me. The number one question in my mind though is how did they meet? I, like JL, consider myself a safe, smart, conscientious male who exercises caution (though I suppose we don't know if JL actually did exercise caution or not)... what brought this bright, young, seemingly innocent boy into the hunting circle of this madman? The thought chills me folks, right to the bone.

The final question I pose to all of you is one that no one here has asked and is one that was raised by a friend of mine. They claim a dog would not - unless trained - eat a raw piece of human flesh. I am not a dog owner but this struck me as something worth noting. How did the dog just come in and eat the offering? Again I have not seen the tape, maybe it's implied but not necessarily shown? I don't know.

I wish nothing but the utmost of healing for JL's family, I was not able to attend the memorial tonight but have donated generously to the family's fund and would encourage anyone who can do so to do the same. This man was not only killed but his memory and remains humiliated and flaunted like few others - the shame and indignity to him and his family, especially a Chinese family, will never go away. RIP Jun Lin.

The final question I pose to all of you is one that no one here has asked and is one that was raised by a friend of mine. They claim a dog would not - unless trained - eat a raw piece of human flesh. I am not a dog owner but this struck me as something worth noting. How did the dog just come in and eat the offering? Again I have not seen the tape, maybe it's implied but not necessarily shown? I don't know.

When I first watched the video; I said the same thing. "this has to be fake!! there is no way a dog would eat a human being like that" At least that's what I tried to convince myself.

But, dumping out the film frame by frame... it's a very small puppy. Im guessing that the puppy was probably starved in preparation.

I feel fairly confident that he got the puppy from craigslist some days before. My only concern with that is that I would imagine his neighbors would have heard the puppy crying.

Really looking forward to hearing others thoughts on it.

Edit: Newsleth88 dont watch the video. Spare yourself. It's awful and I wish I never ever ever did. No level of curiosity is worth that. Remember Jun Lin how he is pictured. Happy, Beautiful and Smiling. Please.

I know what you're saying but this particular criminal is concealed within a cloud of identities and it's important to understand what is real and what is not here. So many different interpretations have been posted here on him but there's got to be a way to weed through the info and identity cloud to find the truth. The last thing anyone wants is for him to get away with his crimes because of an insanity plea or confusion. If we can understand that he was motivated to carry out very organized crimes and not just acting out impulsively, it will go a long way to keeping him behind bars.

Further, I don't think it helps human beings to think of each other as monsters or non-entities. Even if Luka is somewhat of a monster now he was once recognizably human (like in his childhood photos) and something went wrong. It behooves society to understand how to prevent its members from becoming this destructive, if possible.

I'm not trying to add to a mountain of sensationalism and surmise. I'm trying to get to the heart of what has happened.

If the puppy was acquired on craigslist why has no one come forward with this info? Certainly the person who sold him the puppy would be devastated and hope the puppy could be rescued? Though Quebec is the puppy mill capital of the world so who knows the nature of the owner.

WARNING, GRAPHIC BELOW:

Again though... how could the neighbors have not heard the yapping? Why even incorporate the dog in the video? I mean, not to sound grim here but from a "performance stand point" does it really add that much? It seems like an awful lot of trouble for 10 seconds of tape (again, assuming the time) - everyone remembers the necrophilia, and human cannibalism... but the dog? SO BIZARRE.

EDIT:

Agreed Baudi, while I don't sanction ignorance to the real world, why give the *advertiser censored* that did this the satisfaction of watching what HE wanted us to see. No one controls what enters my mind, certainly not filth like Magnotta or Eric Newman as we should all refer to him.

If the puppy was acquired on craigslist why has no one come forward with this info? Certainly the person who sold him the puppy would be devastated and hope the puppy could be rescued? Though Quebec is the puppy mill capital of the world so who knows the nature of the owner.

Turned over what I did find to Authorities; I have nothing to provide anyone with anything that they've found or not found as a result though (sadly).

Again though... how could the neighbors have not heard the yapping? Why even incorporate the dog in the video? I mean, not to sound grim here but from a "performance stand point" does it really add that much? It seems like an awful lot of trouble for 10 seconds of tape (again, assuming the time) - everyone remembers the necrophilia, and human cannibalism... but the dog? SO BIZARRE.

Yeah I don't know either. I do believe that everything he did in that video was for shock and shock only. The more he could do to desecrate that poor man's body the better in his eyes. The more 'notorious' he will become.

I believe it is possible that there was someone who knew about LM's murder and torture of those poor little kittens, and if that person has not come forward yet, that makes them an accomplice, IMHO. It really shouldn't be too hard to figure out who the accomplice was (if there is one), because LM seems to have no real relationships with anyone at all! I just can't muster up any sympathy towards LM.

While I can't sympathize with him, certainly, I can relate to what I believe was probably his experience up to a certain point in time. When you are a victim of abuse and have absolutely no support system for whatever reason (your family is abusive, you're an extreme introvert, you are outcasted or all of the above and more, as lm appears to have been) I can see oneself becoming so outwardly hardened that eventually you become internally hardened. You have no value and neither does anyone else. I mean, fgs, if you're willing to eat **** what does that say? It doesn't matter what happens to you and, therefore, it doesn't matter what happens to anyone else. Difficult to express in words, but I can see how this might happen in cases of extreme abuse over a long period of time coupled with a certain underlying personality and mental disorder -- either one you are born with or that develops from your environment.

I find it all incredibly interesting and horrifying at the same time. What makes one person snap and not another. What makes one person act out on himself and another act out on others -- or both. I am really interested in hearing from lm in his own spoken words about this crime, if that happens, and also in the results of any psych testing that is done on him, including whatever they can find out about what actually has happened to him over the course of his lifetime and what all he has done in addition to what we already know. For me, the most frightening prospect is that it's mostly all lies. That he wasn't abused as a child and chose this path of his own free will with no contributing factors except he was born that way. jmo

eta: Sorry, Reannan. As it turns out, my post has so little to do with yours that I must apologize for jumping off it. Forgive me? :)

When I first watched the video; I said the same thing. "this has to be fake!! there is no way a dog would eat a human being like that" At least that's what I tried to convince myself.

But, dumping out the film frame by frame... it's a very small puppy. Im guessing that the puppy was probably starved in preparation.

I feel fairly confident that he got the puppy from craigslist some days before. My only concern with that is that I would imagine his neighbors would have heard the puppy crying.

Really looking forward to hearing others thoughts on it.

Edit: Newsleth88 dont watch the video. Spare yourself. It's awful and I wish I never ever ever did. No level of curiosity is worth that. Remember Jun Lin how he is pictured. Happy, Beautiful and Smiling. Please.
I also agree with what you said. I know the CL ad was his...I just feel it. And no one ever responded when I sent a message.

Further, I don't think it helps human beings to think of each other as monsters or non-entities. Even if Luka is somewhat of a monster now he was once recognizably human (like in his childhood photos) and something went wrong. It behooves society to understand how to prevent its members from becoming this destructive, if possible.

I agree. It does help us as an entire society determine what happened, and what warning signs to look for so that help can be offered at a much earlier time. Will Luka talk about his crimes? I honestly don't know. Part of me thinks he will, and the other part of me thinks that if and when he does; it will just be lies.

I know the CL ad was his...I just feel it.

I do too :( Same references used many times in previous known posts.

The "raw" video the police has is only 15 minutes long (the online version is 10:45).

I expected the raw video to be much longer.

The article is in French but the summary is that Commandant Ian Lafrenière briefed that they recovered Magnotta's computer (they won't say where) and were able to recover the files he erased. The raw video was one of them. According to what the reporters were told, there's no music and you can dear the ambient sounds.

They were able to recover other files too but gave no details.

Magnotta's extradition should be imminent and some members of the Montreal Police Forces are getting ready to go interrogate Magnotta in Germany. If circumstances permit, they'll bring Magnotta back with them.

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2012/06/14/version-allongee

Turned over what I did find to Authorities; I have nothing to provide anyone with anything that they've found or not found as a result though (sadly).

Oh I didn't mean you Baudi, I meant the person who gave/sold him the puppy. Certainly they would have been able to make the connection. So much in this case still to uncover/oddities on the way.

:waitasec: Wondering what the priorities on this board are. Kittens, or the murder of Jun Lin?

I don't agree... the video was sliced and edited. LE says they have a possible unedited version, and we have no idea what was on that. If LRM dismembered the majority of the body on the bed, he could easily have moved it in pieces. And crying drama queen... remember this is someone who previously made a multitude of videos of himself killing kittens with seemingly no emotion or remorse. If he EVER does cry it is most likely only for himself or his "versace" shirts, not another human being.

IMO (and I have only studied Psychology for four years so I'm no expert), he is a psychopath plain and simple. The false things he said about himself on websites, blogs, forums, he never actually believed to be true, but rather these were stories he concocted to gain attention in any way he could.

"Psychopaths lie for the sake of lying. They can convey the deepest heart-felt message without meaning a word of it. They can also tell the most outrageous stories simply in order to be at the center of attention and to get what they want.

The psychopath is obsessed with control even if they give the impression of being helpless. Their pretense to emotional sensitivity is really part of their control function: The higher the level of belief in the psychopath that can be induced in their victim through their dramas, the more "control" the psychopath believes they have. And in fact, this is true. They DO have control when others believe their lies."

http://tpw3homeowners.org/Psychopath.htm

IMO, LRM has every single indicator of psychopathy... and I can only hope that the Canadian justice system doesn't fail once again on the basis of "insanity"

I think the psychopathy diagnosis is next to meaningless because has been pointed out here so many people are psychopathic. Yes he is psychopathic but that is just the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agirlnamedbob