Aruba - Natalee Holloway, 18, Oranjestad, 30 May 2005 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That guy on NG from Aruba said there were big storms before the find. I'm going to believe that.

Me too. The sea usually "spits up" things from the bottom to the shores during storms, and it has been a pretty active storm season in the Caribbean.

Also, the Forensic Anthropologist in NG made it very clear how easy it is to identify a female jawbone along with its ethnicity and approximate age. Are there any other young white females who have gone missing and not found in Aruba? If the anwer is no, I feel pretty confident it is Natalee.

Me too. The sea usually "spits up" things from the bottom to the shores during storms, and it has been a pretty active storm season in the Caribbean.

Also, the Forensic Anthropologist in NG made it very clear how easy it is to identify a female jawbone along with its ethnicity and approximate age. Are there any other young white females who have gone missing and not found in Aruba? If the anwer is no, I feel pretty confident it is Natalee.

It could have come from somewhere other then Aruba and just happened to wash ashore there...right?

I personally don't recall any past find as near this level. They actually found a human jaw bone with at least one tooth. I don't recall human bones being found before? Did I miss something?

I'm with you on this one ... I also do not recall any previous discovery of a human bone that can be connected with Natalee's disappearance.

Thankfully we can trust the Dutch and Aruban authorities to have it tested and to release accurate results.

I thought I read somewhere that they said the results would be back today?

Jean said that results would take a week, Josse said they would be back today. I doubt anyone knows for sure.

I too am hopeful that the jawbone belongs to Natalie. It should allow the family the ability to begin healing.
On the other side however I am not sure that it will ever get Joran convicted. How would they be able to prove he killed her? I keep going back to the conversation he had wherein he claimed she had a seizure of some sort and then died.
Personally I would feel more comfortable knowing he was forEVER behind bars because he appears to me to be a murderer of the worst kind, quiet and deadly.

I too am hopeful that the jawbone belongs to Natalie. It should allow the family the ability to begin healing.
On the other side however I am not sure that it will ever get Joran convicted. How would they be able to prove he killed her? I keep going back to the conversation he had wherein he claimed she had a seizure of some sort and then died.
Personally I would feel more comfortable knowing he was forEVER behind bars because he appears to me to be a murderer of the worst kind, quiet and deadly.

Joran has had a pass on so many levels it's rather unbelievable, and tragic for his victims. So many, including me, looked at Joran and thought it was impossible to believe that he could violently murder someone with his bare hands for no reason other than uncontrolled anger ... but today we know that is who he is. Instead, we preferred to believe that if he did it, it must have been an accident, or that Natalee simply died while he was there. After Stephany's murder, there is no doubt in my mind that he is capable of losing his temper, in a matter of a minute, and landing a deadly blow on someone like Natalee or Stephany. He should never be free, as it only takes a minute for him to completely, brutally eliminate someone, leaving devastated families in his wake.

i will also hold my breath. Nancy has a tendency to go overboard and often the info given is a "big stretch" from the verifiable truth. I'd give my eye teeth for this to be Natalee but its been 5 years. What are the chances- 1 million to one???? If this is Natalee this has happened as an act of GOD- chances are so remote. I became a Websleuth member because of this case. I just really would like Beth and Dave to have closure and be given the opportunity to lay Natalee to rest!!!!
My hopes and prayers are with Natalee's parents and may JVS rot in H----!!!!!!!

I considered it an act of God when the remains of Laci Peterson & her baby washed ashore just months after her disappearance...so, it is possible like a shell washes ashore so did this jawbone.

Maybe. It all seems just a bit too convenient to me. JMO

Really? Like they have her already and are seeding the area to bring this to a conclusion with the least amount of impact on the authorities that were responsible for the cover up. Hmmm, not only that but the bone has just one tooth to aid in identifying the remains..how fortunate is that!! I'll buy into it, I think they are capable of anything.

Either way it's Natalee or some other poor victim, I won't hold my breath for them to investigate further.

I thought they found her and covered it up long ago...JMHO

You're right, it is farfetched.

Otto, why do you feel it IS farfetched? The Aruban authorities may have retrieved her body long ago, right after her disappearance. It's pretty obvious the authorities have been covering up from the start. It appears there are a few others thinking along similar lines to what I posted. If it is Natalee's jawbone and tooth, it's just way to convenient that it showed up right now after 5 1/2 years. <modsnip>

I'm with you on this one ... I also do not recall any previous discovery of a human bone that can be connected with Natalee's disappearance.

Thankfully we can trust the Dutch and Aruban authorities to have it tested and to release accurate results.

Surely this is sarcasm?

Both the Dutch and (especially) the Aruban authorities have, at the very least, been akin to the Keystone Kops and more likely complicit in a cover up for this crime. Can't have something like a little murder upset the tourist trade. JMO

This must be hell for Natalee's parents.

I know. I simply cannot imagine the horror of thinking that the jawbone of my child may be out there, washed up on some beach. A piece of my kid like that. It's appalling. God bless them.

Surely this is sarcasm?

Both the Dutch and (especially) the Aruban authorities have, at the very least, been akin to the Keystone Kops and more likely complicit in a cover up for this crime. Can't have something like a little murder upset the tourist trade. JMO

This train of thought has never made sense to me - it would have benifited the people and country of Aruba far more to have Natalee found than the 51/2 years of uncertainty. Like taking off a bandage rip that puppy off and deal with the pain all at once rather than going at it a little at a time prolonging the pain.

Was this investigation botched? Absolutely. Was it because of egos? Absolutely. Did the powers that be not want the perp to be from Aruba? Absolutely. Did they recover Natalee's remains from a crab pot and hide them for years? Absolutely not. Just isn't logical or beneficial for them.

Good Afternoon everyone - let's please keep this about Natalee. And let's respect each other's opinions.

And for now, let's keep the authorities out of the discussion. If this turns out to be Natalee, I will ask Tricia if we can open a thread or reopen Natalee's forum for further discussion, okay?

For now, let's stay on topic.

Thanks,

Salem

Salem, Thank you for the new thread.....and for reminding us all to behave ourselves.:innocent:

wm

I thought I read somewhere that they said the results would be back today?

Jean Casarez said this afternoon that they thought they may have had the results back today but that they need a few more days. She said she thinks that there should be an answer by the end of the week.

This train of thought has never made sense to me - it would have benifited the people and country of Aruba far more to have Natalee found than the 51/2 years of uncertainty. Like taking off a bandage rip that puppy off and deal with the pain all at once rather than going at it a little at a time prolonging the pain.

Was this investigation botched? Absolutely. Was it because of egos? Absolutely. Did the powers that be not want the perp to be from Aruba? Absolutely. Did they recover Natalee's remains from a crab pot and hide them for years? Absolutely not. Just isn't logical or beneficial for them.

I agree kalekona.

It was not to Aruba's benefit when they didn't solve Natalee's case. They would have been much better off solving the case. They made major mistakes IMO but I don't believe there was ever a conspiracy.

I believe they will do the right thing if the jawbone is Natalee's. IMO, one thing about it all the experts in the US will tell you that the Netherlands has one of the most sophisticated forensic labs in the world.

IMO

NG...she just said the results are in...but waiting for the results to be released to the public. :praying:

I'm personally not going to hold my breath on this one. Throughout the past five years there have been so many {breaks} in this case, only to have them disappear in the end. Of course the best outcome would be for this to turn out to be Natalee, because then her family would get SOME answers. But sadly, I have my doubts.

While studying the Holloway case at the beginning, though not widely publicized, there are LOTS of deaths on Aruba and many are younger people. We even commented at the time, there appeared to be almost too many late teens and twenty-somethings to die, compared to the population of the island. But alas! That's ONE of the mysteries of that sleepy little isle.

Thank you to all for keeping this thread updated. Maybe SOME DAY there will be just ONE thing in this case, that gives us, and the Holloway family, UNDENIABLE {proof} of Natalee's sad ending. It would be of comfort for Natalee's family to have even one little bit of closure.

JMHO
fran

PS.....at least, the ALLEGED perp in Natalee's case won't be free, for some time, to repeat his ALLEGED crime on another poor, unsuspecting, innocent victim. It's just sad that it took a second victim before this guy was FINALLY arrested and being called out for his horrible actions! fran :(
What would be really interesting would be if the prison in Peru would be monitoring Joran for his reaction to the finding. Kinda like Casey's "oh " type reaction upon the discovery of Caylee's remains!

NG...she just said the results are in...but waiting for the results to be released to the public. :praying:

If the results show it isn't Natalee would they need to wait to release the results?

I'd imagine if it is Natalee they would notify Beth and Dave before releasing it to the public..

So maybe the wait is a good sign-- or NG is blowing smoke again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!