Aruba - Natalee Holloway, 18, Oranjestad, 30 May 2005 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband seldom gets into these cases, but Natalee's case captured his attention. He thinks the Three Musketeers is an allusion to Joran and the two Kalpoes.

I was trying to listen and read the transcripts at the same time...did Joran ask for a candy bar? Or did Beth just bring him one out of the blue? He seemed surprised by the candy bar, but maybe it was the choice of candy bar (not the one he asked for).

i thought maybe the 3 were stephany, natalee, and beth. as she said on the tape they are all gone but he can help himself. or maybe they think there is a 3rd victim of Joran.

I remember seeing in one of the videos that when Beth's attorney John Kelly met with Joran in Aruba during the extortion 'sting' operation, they met in the lobby of the hotel and apparently Kelly asked Joran if he could get him anything. Joran asked for a coke and a Three Musketeers bar.

Beth could not find a coke, so she brought Joran bottled water and the Three Musketeers bar, thinking it was one of his favorites.

I doubt if Joran recalled the incident with Kelly and that's why he was so puzzled about the candy bar.

Just heard on NG that there are no other missing women in Aruba that the Aruban police are aware of that fits the description of this young female jaw bone.

I just had a thought...and I know it will be unpopular, but what do we know about the people who found the jaw bone?
A bone is found of a young white female with tooth attached by an American couple on the right beach in front of the right hotels. So many people of every nationality vacation in Aruba from all over the world, what are the odds of an American couple also finding it? they must be astronomical. I think it's either contrived or the hand of god.

I know this will sound far fetched, but the timing is strange to me. Could the Aruban police have covered for Joran all this time and have had possession of the jawbone? It seems strange now that Paulas has passed away, JVS has been arrested for another murder and Beth went to visit JVS and begged him for information, that the jawbone is so quickly found? Could the Aruban police realize this case just isn't going away and decided now was the time to 'plant' the jawbone and end covering for JVS? I just think it's a little too convenient the timing of this find if it is actually Natalee. JMO

I must say that I totally agree with you. In fact, this very same thought entered my brain as soon as I heard about the jaw bone find last night. It seems to be way too convenient to show up just as Joran is in prison and his father has died and Beth begged him for information on where Natalie was located and Beth did hint that she might could be influential with the prosecutor on Joran's case.:waitasec:

i thought maybe the 3 were stephany, natalee, and beth. as she said on the tape they are all gone but he can help himself. or maybe they think there is a 3rd victim of Joran.

My first thought about the "Three Musketeers" was Joran and the Kalpoe brothers.

I just had a thought...and I know it will be unpopular, but what do we know about the people who found the jaw bone?
A bone is found of a young white female with tooth attached by an American couple on the right beach in front of the right hotels. So many people of every nationality vacation in Aruba from all over the world, what are the odds of an American couple also finding it? they must be astronomical. I think it's either contrived or the hand of god.

Hi Scamperoo... I'm not exactly sure what you're saying. Lots of Americans vacation in Aruba so the odds are just as good that an American might find the jaw bone as it is for any other nationality, including another Aruban, IMO.

It may be the hand of God, but it's not all that far fetched to wonder if the jaw bone was planted to be found at this particular time.

Many extreme coincidences have plagued this case. Right down to the murder of Stephany exactly five years to the day that Natalee went 'missing'. Talk about odds!

One thing I'm curious about is if the bone(s) can be tested to see if it's been underwater for the past five years or... somewhere else.

Hi Scamperoo... I'm not exactly sure what you're saying. Lots of Americans vacation in Aruba so the odds are just as good that an American might find the jaw bone as it is for any other nationality, including another Aruban, IMO.

It may be the hand of God, but it's not all that far fetched to wonder if the jaw bone was planted to be found at this particular time.

Many extreme coincidences have plagued this case. Right down to the murder of Stephany exactly five years to the day that Natalee went 'missing'. Talk about odds!

One thing I'm curious about is if the bone(s) can be tested to see if it's been underwater for the past five years or... somewhere else.

Never thought of that, I'm sure there would be evidence of it being submerged in sea water for a long period of time, good point.

Jean said that results would take a week, Josse said they would be back today. I doubt anyone knows for sure.

DNA usually takes a few days, I thought. Maybe they are doing mitochondrial DNA, which I understand is faster.

Hi there, Just watching NG and the tape of Beth confronting Joran in person, I can't figure out why she is talking in this baby type soft voice? I can't remember her voice being like that before. Did anyone else see that tape?

It's about 5am tomorrow back in the Netherlands right now. Jossy thought we'd hear the news tomorrow. Gee, tomoz might be only 3 or so hours away, eh? Is it about midnight in Aruba? Does anyone know if the announcement will come from the Netherlands? I read someone in Aruba will have to give approval for this info to be released. I think it said the Prosecutor even tho he is on vacation now. :banghead:

Watching the tape of Beth speaking with Joran was really heartbreaking for me. My own personal opinion is that she had semi-memorized what she wanted to say.....she seemed to choose her words so carefully, didn't she? I think her tone was meant to accomplish a few things: #1. Prevent Joran from perceiving her as confrontational; make him believe that his highest good was linked to her knowledge of what happened to Natalee. #2. I believe she did not want to appear to be desperate, because Joran reacts negatively to her desperation. #3. She was appealing to Joran's love of himself, the way he always puts himself first, (you don't want to be in prison when you are 60!) and hoping he'd believe that she would help him if he could tell her where to find the remains of her daughter. I could be wrong, of course. I do have to tell you that I have never had more respect for Beth than when I was watching her talking to the man she knows killed her daughter. She is incredibly strong, and handled herself so much better than I would have been able to handle myself if I were in her shoes.

O/T to this thread and it may have been discussed elsewhere already. The significance of the 3 Musketeers bar... He said he didn't know and she said she was hoping he could tell her... Was there some comment way back when of JVS and the K brothers being "3 Musketeers", "All for one and one for all"? Is that what she's referring to. If this needs to be deleted, mod, please do so.

I don't know if your suggestion is the correct one, or if she was remembering that Joran had asked for a three muskateer's at an earlier date. Regardless, "all for one and one for all" is a good quote for what has gone on in this case.

:dance:
My first thought about the "Three Musketeers" was Joran and the Kalpoe brothers.

When this happened I thought 'this is quirky'? (Peculiar). It seems
to me she had something in mind, but what? Evidently Joran didnt
connect with it either (notice his look!) ... at first? Maybe he is
pondering it still? :dance: Maybe it was a stroke of accidental genius?
Maybe Joran will drive himself crazy thinking about it? I dont know.

It did seem to catch his attention?

Wouldnt it be great if it weighed five million tons on his soul .....
whatever it was ... and he may be thinking the same thing! I hope
so! :dance: WHAT DID IT MEAN?

IT MEANS .............. WHATEVER YOU WANT IT TO MEAN BUT IT
WEIGHS A LOT! :waitasec::dance:

my husband loves Nancy Grace. He thinks she is the best thing on TV. He loves when Nancy Grace gets sassy and yells at the screen, "You tell em Nancy!". He told me last night that DNA test is being requested and a jaw bone found may be Natalee I almost choked on my soda. I sure do hope its her.

Perhaps the link on the primary forum page should be updated to go to the other thread instead of here?

I heard a very short blurb on local radio news that the jawbone in Aruba is being compared to Natalee's dental records, but a DNA test will be performed also.

I heard a very short blurb on local radio news that the jawbone in Aruba is being compared to Natalee's dental records, but a DNA test will be performed also.

Yes - they asked Mr. Holloway for dental records....they are probably comparing those and also doing DNA. I wonder which one takes longer.

I thought I read somewhere they already had the dental records? It is not uncommon to get the dental records and just have them on hand when you know you are looking for remains.

Thanks for letting me what you think about the candy bar.
Also, I would think by today they would have the results for sure even if they aren't releasing them. Because they had the jawbone a week ago. I'm sure the Holloway's will know by today or this weekend. I wonder if they are going to be hestitant on releasing the results

The Dutch forensics team charged with examining a jaw bone that washed up on an Aruban beach has had Natalee Holloway's dental records in hand since Tuesday, more than enough time to make a comparison, a source close to the family said today.

"There are mixed signals," the source said. "If it wasn't her I'd think they'd come out and say it wasn't her with all the fanfare."

http://abcnews.go.com/International...ities-results-test-jaw-bone/story?id=12191532

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kzrrz