Aruba - Natalee Holloway, 18, Oranjestad, 30 May 2005 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
not sure if correct thread.

I find the jaw bone would be the most important part of remains to find.. I feel as if it is a God send if answers follow this to give some closure and possible prosecution of Joran.

Natalee had a beautiful smile.. that is the one peice of remains that washedd ashore.. part of that special smile. I know it is odd but the one peice of a body that I feel is saying in a sence my smile, the part of her body that is most valuable is a sign to her mom from above that the time has come to find answers and remember the smile of her daughter.

That is what stuck me as the jaw bone was found. I dont know I may be odd for thinking that but I feel it is one part that was found for a reason.. a reason perhaps beyond us understanding.

Just heard on NG that there are no other missing women in Aruba that the Aruban police are aware of that fits the description of this young female jaw bone.

Hi there, Just watching NG and the tape of Beth confronting Joran in person, I can't figure out why she is talking in this baby type soft voice? I can't remember her voice being like that before. Did anyone else see that tape?

It's about 5am tomorrow back in the Netherlands right now. Jossy thought we'd hear the news tomorrow. Gee, tomoz might be only 3 or so hours away, eh? Is it about midnight in Aruba? Does anyone know if the announcement will come from the Netherlands? I read someone in Aruba will have to give approval for this info to be released. I think it said the Prosecutor even tho he is on vacation now. :banghead:

What would be really interesting would be if the prison in Peru would be monitoring Joran for his reaction to the finding. Kinda like Casey's "oh " type reaction upon the discovery of Caylee's remains!

Jean Casarez reported that JVS's attorney said he laughed when he was told of the finding. Imagine that. I have no doubt this was his reaction, but one would think his attorney would know when to keep his mouth shut about such things. Way to represent your client in the best light, eh?

O/T to this thread and it may have been discussed elsewhere already. The significance of the 3 Musketeers bar... He said he didn't know and she said she was hoping he could tell her... Was there some comment way back when of JVS and the K brothers being "3 Musketeers", "All for one and one for all"? Is that what she's referring to. If this needs to be deleted, mod, please do so.

What would be really interesting would be if the prison in Peru would be monitoring Joran for his reaction to the finding. Kinda like Casey's "oh " type reaction upon the discovery of Caylee's remains!

On NG it was posted that Joran laughed. :furious:

Hi there, Just watching NG and the tape of Beth confronting Joran in person, I can't figure out why she is talking in this baby type soft voice? I can't remember her voice being like that before. Did anyone else see that tape?

It's about 5am tomorrow back in the Netherlands right now. Jossy thought we'd hear the news tomorrow. Gee, tomoz might be only 3 or so hours away, eh? Is it about midnight in Aruba? Does anyone know if the announcement will come from the Netherlands? I read someone in Aruba will have to give approval for this info to be released. I think it said the Prosecutor even tho he is on vacation now. :banghead:

I think she is just simply trying something different...Joran has been without his mother... being a bit gentle, almost "motherly" with him... while also trying to convince him that this is to his advantage. I didn't notice a whole lot of difference in her voice. Beth has a naturally "gentle" voice. It's why she made such an awesome teacher for children with special needs for 30 years. She just has tended to be angry in a lot of her interviews...

Does this prosecutor ever come back FROM vacation? Or is he just on vacation indefinitely and then comes into work once in a while? :waitasec:

My last vacation was November of 2002... :waitasec:

O/T to this thread and it may have been discussed elsewhere already. The significance of the 3 Musketeers bar... He said he didn't know and she said she was hoping he could tell her... Was there some comment way back when of JVS and the K brothers being "3 Musketeers", "All for one and one for all"? Is that what she's referring to. If this needs to be deleted, mod, please do so.
IM VERY CURIOUS ABOUT THAT. Or I wonder if she was trying to send some sort of secret signal to get a reaction from him.

Sadly, I predict it will not be Natalee's bone.....

http://news1.capitalbay.com/top-stories/popular-top-stories/dutch_test_jaw_bone_for.html

Quote:
A Dutch forensics teams is awaiting the OK from an Aruban prosecutor to test a bone fragment that some people believe could belong to a missing U.S. teenager. .....
Officials at the Netherlands Forensic Institute confirmed that they have received the bone and are prepared to conduct DNA testing to compare to that of Holloway's. .....
The Forensic Institute said today that the announcement of the findings would be left to Aruban authorities, but it was unclear how long it would take to produce results. The chief Aruban prosecutor on the Holloway case is in the Netherlands.

announcement would be left to Aruban authorities.
so they are still in control! :banghead:

I was hoping the Arubans would be taken out of the loop on this.

I agree kalekona.

It was not to Aruba's benefit when they didn't solve Natalee's case. They would have been much better off solving the case. They made major mistakes IMO but I don't believe there was ever a conspiracy.

I believe they will do the right thing if the jawbone is Natalee's. IMO, one thing about it all the experts in the US will tell you that the Netherlands has one of the most sophisticated forensic labs in the world.

IMO

You're right. It is not to anyone's benefit that a crime remains unsolved. Laci Peterson's case was only solved after four months, but the disappearances of Kristen Smart (Scott Peterson was a suspect), or Evelyn Hernandez and her son Alex, are still unsolved something like eight ot ten years later. Indeed, investigators should be much better at solving cases. Mistakes are made, as in the Hernandez case. This does not mean that there has been a conspiracy, it merely confirms that the case is still unsolved in spite of efforts.

The Dutch do have sophisticated engineering and biological facilities. For anyone to slander the Dutch because a missing person case in Aruba is unsolved is bewildering given the number of unsolved missing person cases in the United States ... no one is boycotting that country because of one (singular) missing person case. In fact, the US has so many missing person cases that all but the victims don't care and simply carry on with their lives.

The unsolved disappearance of a woman does not mean there is incompetence, corruption, or collusion on the part of the investigators. It could mean that there is no evidence.

I know this will sound far fetched, but the timing is strange to me. Could the Aruban police have covered for Joran all this time and have had possession of the jawbone? It seems strange now that Paulas has passed away, JVS has been arrested for another murder and Beth went to visit JVS and begged him for information, that the jawbone is so quickly found? Could the Aruban police realize this case just isn't going away and decided now was the time to 'plant' the jawbone and end covering for JVS? I just think it's a little too convenient the timing of this find if it is actually Natalee. JMO

I don't think this is far fetched at all. The timing of all these circumstances is very suspicious. I'm going to take your theory one step further. Instead of covering for Joran, are the Aruban authorities actually assisting him by getting him out of Peru and back to Aruba to stand trial for Natalie's murder? Joran would be in much better circumstances, the Aruban authorities would have solved a cold case and regained some of their reputation. Also, Peru might have limited resources in which to try Stephany's case and might not be that interested in doing so. I just don't know the precedent on handing over a murder suspect to another country to go to trial in that country. I also found Beth's appearance with a camera crew in tow and subsequent conversation with Joran very, very suspicious. I thought that both she and Joran appeared scripted and not at all real. Are we next going to hear that Joran wrote her a letter and confessed to murdering Natalie, divulging the circumstances of her death and where the remains could be found. Something really points to a lot of people colluding, all with their own agendas. Why do I think that a lot of money is changing hands?

Circumstances did not allow me near the tv yesterday and was wondering if anyone saw if they updated information on the dna of the jawbone? Has it been confirmed yet?

Circumstances did not allow me near the tv yesterday and was wondering if anyone saw if they updated information on the dna of the jawbone? Has it been confirmed yet?

Not too much new. Still awaiting the results. It is being reported that it is definitely human and a young, white female. Only time will tell.
I am hearing differentiating times though on the DNA. Some sites are saying today, others are saying a few more days....

++ praying it is Natalee and we finally get some answers and her family gets closure.

"Investigators -- asked to determine if a possible new clue is linked to the disappearance of Alabama teenager Natalee Holloway -- now hope to learn Thursday [today] whether a jawbone found on an Aruban beach belongs to an animal or a human.

Results from the testing of the bone were expected to be returned Wednesday, but investigators were held up by a technical delay.

If the bone is human, authorities will then attempt to find out through DNA testing whether it belongs to Holloway....

The length of testing can vary, but normally takes about a week, according to a representative of the institute. The findings will be sent back to the prosecutor's office in Aruba, which will decide whether to make the results public.

The prosecutor said the bone was initially examined by a forensic expert in Aruba, who determined the bone was from a young woman. But [Aruban prosecutor Peter] Blanken cautioned the final determination would be made by the forensic institute in the Netherlands."

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/11/18/aruba.bone.found/index.html?eref=rss_crime

I was hoping someone can help me shed some light on this 3 Mouskeet (spelling) bar. I never heard anything about it before. I am shocked how calm she was with Joran but I know she probably felt like she had no choice in order to get some answers. She is such a kind woman, I met her a few years ago on a flight to NY. We are from the same area in AL.
I pray that there is some answers very shortly and this will help in healing for the Holloway's. Although its very sad to only have a piece of your daughter recovered, how heartbreaking. Natalee does have a advocate, her mom, here fighting for her everyday!

My husband seldom gets into these cases, but Natalee's case captured his attention. He thinks the Three Musketeers is an allusion to Joran and the two Kalpoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8