Aruba - Natalee Holloway, 18, Oranjestad, 30 May 2005 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read this on another site so I can't say how accurate this info is. Someone claiming to be the "bone finder" posted that they have contacted NG a couple of times and got no response. They (4 or 5 people) are being interviewed by the local channel 3news in CT at 5:30 today. They did not say if it will be televised live or not.

That's curious that Taco Stein will make a statement after the announcement. I can't recall that ever happening when there was other possible evidence found that turned out to be not related.

I find that interesting as well. Can't wait to hear what Taco Stein has to say.

Nancy Grace to have the tourist that found the jaw bone on tonight.

"Meanwhile, police on Monday collected a second bone that was found this month on the beach by a New Jersey family, said Ana Angela, spokeswoman for Aruban prosecutors. However, "it does not appear to be human," said Richard Roy, general manager of the Westin Hotel.
The bone was found in the same general area as the first. The family, who was staying at the Westin, put it on their hotel balcony. They told CNN that once they returned home and heard media reports on the jawbone, they called the FBI and then contacted the Westin. Staffers at the hotel found the bone on the balcony and notified police."

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/11/22/aruba.bone.found/

It makes me so sad to think of these bones being kicked about the shoreline by unsuspecting tourists because the Arubans are too lazy or inept to do a search after the initial find - or to even cordon off the area so that it might not be further disturbed. :banghead:

That's great. I think that means that they expect that they will be able to extract DNA from the tooth without too much difficulty. I think it also means that they have made testing of this bone a priority, and I think Beth and Dave will be thankful for that. I recall that in the Morgan Harrington case it took a couple of months to test DNA that was found at the scene. In many other cases that I've followed, DNA testing usually takes a very long time. There's something to be said in terms of good will if the NFI is analyzing this right away and delivering results at the earliest possible time.

I skimmed some comments from Peter de Vries, and he thinks that this bone is not connected with Natalee, but that it is putting the parents through a very difficult time, once again, where they have hope that may again come to nothing.

Morgan Harrington's case was a bit different, her remains were positively identified a day or two after being found through her dental records. If it was like this instance where it was only partial they may have also made the DNA test a top priority but it wasn't necessary for postive confirmation.

"Meanwhile, police on Monday collected a second bone that was found this month on the beach by a New Jersey family, said Ana Angela, spokeswoman for Aruban prosecutors. However, "it does not appear to be human," said Richard Roy, general manager of the Westin Hotel.
The bone was found in the same general area as the first. The family, who was staying at the Westin, put it on their hotel balcony. They told CNN that once they returned home and heard media reports on the jawbone, they called the FBI and then contacted the Westin. Staffers at the hotel found the bone on the balcony and notified police."

Im still focused on the two-walled structure projecting out from the
shoreline at the find site, perhaps part of an old pier? It definately
is acting like a break-water and protects the beach from erosion at
that site. I wonder if fill sand was poured into this area during the
last five years ... and where any fill may have come from. The bones
may have arrived with fill from some other site on the island?

Back behind the bird sanctuary (far behind the find site) is also the
island's waste water treament plant. I wonder if these 'walls/piers'
protecting out from the find site are discharge tubes?

so many questions - so few answers. It seems strange to me
someone would not have explored the sanctuary pond (protected or not!).
It may be the only place on the island that wasn't explored? Maybe Joran
was relying on that?

Attachments

• bubalibeach.JPG
    bubalibeach.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 32
The clean-up crew would have found any additional bones that were washed ashore during the storms, so it is a happy coincidence.

There is no evidence the bone washed ashore it could have been deposited in many ways.

There is no evidence the bone washed ashore it could have been deposited in many ways.

There is no evidence it didn't.

That is why it was so very important to leave the bone 'in situ'.

There is no evidence the finders did not bring the bone with them
from wherever they are from! Maybe the finders have dead bodies in
their basement?

The condition of the bone will tell a lot. You find a bone on a beach
and you can usually assume it is part of a deposition scenario ...
until Nancy Grace says it belongs to George Washington and came to
America on the Pinto or Santa Maria ?

Just missed something on HLN..........but saw 2nd bone found?
help fill me in...................

I too believe it is Natalie's... They sure are dragging this annoucement out, are they not?? And if Taco Stein is going to make an annoucement afterwards... yes, I believe it is Natalie's!

It makes me so sad to think of these bones being kicked about the shoreline by unsuspecting tourists because the Arubans are too lazy or inept to do a search after the initial find - or to even cordon off the area so that it might not be further disturbed. :banghead:

This bone looks like a RIB bone just stated by Jean C, but the hotel mnager says people eat on the beach so this bone may not be human?????

Why all the fanfare for this if not her? They're going to do a presser merely to announce it's not her? Grandstanding? Doubt it from this entity. Would be a waste of time.

Oh and I wouldn't rule out a bird or critter carrying this piece of bone from elsewhere. But if "I" were hiding a body there, it would SO go into the ocean.

Richard Roy, General Manager of the Westin hotel in Aruba tells CNN: "There was a bone found by a guest and it has been turned over to local authorities." Roy says the Aruban police picked up the bone this morning. "It does not appear to be human," he told CNN.

Roy said it was about 3 inches in length and a quarter inch in diameter. He said it was sawed off at both ends, which leads him to believe it was a spare rib, or possibly an animal bone. "People eat on the beach all the time. It could be anything," he said. "It looks just like a rib bone."

http://insession.blogs.cnn.com/2010/11/22/test-results-of-jaw-bone-found-in-aruba-coming-tuesday/

I wonder how many other bones have been found over the years that have been determined by experts such as hotel clerks not to be human bones.

I'll bet that Nancy's bombshell tonight will be the tourists that found this second bone, although I hope it will be from the people that found the mandible.

I truly hope this is determined to be Natalee for the Holloway family's sake. But this isn't going to change a thing as it relates to JVS or Aruba's involvement. If 'they' think this is going to take the heat off, I think (hope) they're sadly mistaken.

Greetings. I, too, have always felt that NH was buried somewhere on the VDS property. I had a very strange dream about her one night, early in her disappearance. She was clothed in white like an angel and was marching/dancing on the VDS porch-the kind of march step that dance teams use. The interesting thing is that I had the dream before seeing any video footage of her on the dance team or before it was released that she was on the dance team @ MBH. Then in my dream it was like she just faded into the porch. I knew from my dream that she was dead and I have always believed her body was somewhere on the VDS property.
I've read Beth's book and passed it on to my two teenage nieces, hoping they would learn from this sad story. I also read a book written by a fellow on linguistic forensics, where he took JVS' & the Kalpoes' statements and analyzed them for what had hapened to Natalee.
Justice for Natalee.

Greetings. I, too, have always felt that NH was buried somewhere on the VDS property. I had a very strange dream about her one night, early in her disappearance. She was clothed in white like an angel and was marching/dancing on the VDS porch-the kind of march step that dance teams use. The interesting thing is that I had the dream before seeing any video footage of her on the dance team or before it was released that she was on the dance team @ MBH. Then in my dream it was like she just faded into the porch. I knew from my dream that she was dead and I have always believed her body was somewhere on the VDS property.
I've read Beth's book and passed it on to my two teenage nieces, hoping they would learn from this sad story. I also read a book written by a fellow on linguistic forensics, where he took JVS' & the Kalpoes' statements and analyzed them for what had hapened to Natalee.
Justice for Natalee.

Soooo :eek:fftopic: but I finally found someone who lurks more than I do!

Justice for Natalee.

:Welcome-12-june:

So glad you joined the discussion!

wm

Hi there, long time no see.
I agree with you in part Suzihawk. The Arubans want this solved more than anyone so they can go on with their lives. It's the ALE that don't seem to be handling the area as a possible crime scene and dragging their feet.
NFI do conclusive tests and don't give out anything before they are completely finished, therefore the long wait.
This really sounds hopeful but how do we know it came from under that slab of concrete, or washed ashore from the wicked waves created by Thomas?

Dr. Baden claimed there's a new test available that checks for possible drugs deep in the root canal and since there was one tooth, it's hopeful also the NFI would be checking that out.

I agree. Someone knew where Natalee was buried and wanted to give her closure. I sure don't think it was Anita. Someone helped Joran that night other than his father.

Perhaps Guido? He left work early that night supposedly and his shift was to 3AM. Police, after about 8 months of Natalee missing, confiscated a part of Guido's quad for testing. Guido's family put up the big fuss over his name in Joran's book. Joran and co-author complied and changed Guido's name but Joran had a fan club site called FreedomofBlog, and his mother allowed Joran's leaked diaries to be printed on that forum, and Guido's name was not changed on the diaries. They made a big fuss that someone broke into Joran's computer account, but that was hogwash. The owner of the forum had the diaries for over a year and they were obtained by permission.
Guido is the person who hired the top lawyer in Nl whom immediately put out alot of threats re: leaving his client alone. Guido was purported to have scratches on his face as did Joran.

eta: if requested, I can find links for back up in most things I said. Some of the mentioned were inside knowledge at the time. For those of you reading around different forums, this should all be familiar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmasReal~