ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the information. If she's not buried, then she's being stored somewhere. How would someone who is not familiar with the island know where to store a body? It doesn't make sense.

I wonder if they have checked with local funeral homes to ensure that some employee who was desperate for money didn't aid in disposing of a body. But, how would a tourist know who to call for that kind of thing? IT's so frustrating.

Aruba may be a small island, but when you consider the size of a body it becomes a huge island. There's a lot of jungle type areas that need to be checked out as well. HLN reported last night that they were going to do an extensive search of the island with police, firefighters, FBI and military. Hopefully with all this manpower they will find her.

So according to this, Taco Stein said prosecutors are still studying the policy, trying to determine relevance, but not disputing such a policy exists. The question now appears to be coverage of Gardner's accidental death and beneficiary. Correct?

whats to study?
Was it in her name and how much and what kind of ins?
Seems a no brainer to me!

Aruba may be a small island, but when you consider the size of a body it becomes a huge island. There's a lot of jungle type areas that need to be checked out as well. HLN reported last night that they were going to do an extensive search of the island with police, firefighters, FBI and military. Hopefully with all this manpower they will find her.

also read somewhere that Bloodhounds were being brought in with FBI
I don't have a link

He bought the annual plan.

The coverage for the annual plan is the same as the per trip plan. If he bought it specifically to get rid of her for the insurance he would have only bought the trip specific plan.

Buying an annual plan implies that you are expecting multiple trips abroad. I think when LE releases the facts it will turn out to be regular trip specific coverage. There is no reason for him to have obtained more unless he was expecting to make multiple trips with her abroad.

LE has not provided any information about what the plan was, there is only the reported news source claims. They also refer to a 5 year plan, which doesn't seem to be on that AMEX page you linked. A 5 year plan might be cheaper per year, but in total it would be more. Why would someone expect him to buy 5 years of coverage for her for a single trip?

The coverage for the annual plan is the same as the per trip plan. If he bought it specifically to get rid of her for the insurance he would have only bought the trip specific plan.

Buying an annual plan implies that you are expecting multiple trips abroad. I think when LE releases the facts it will turn out to be regular trip specific coverage. There is no reason for him to have obtained more unless he was expecting to make multiple trips with her abroad.

LE has not provided any information about what the plan was, there is only the reported news source claims. They also refer to a 5 year plan, which doesn't seem to be on that AMEX page you linked. A 5 year plan might be cheaper per year, but in total it would be more. Why would someone expect him to buy 5 years of coverage for her for a single trip?

It seems kind of obvious to me that purchasing the 1 year plan might be viewed as looking "less suspicious" by someone looking to commit a murder. It's a few hundred dollars. Not a bad investment.

A few days ago, reporters asked suspect Gary Giordano’s attorney Michael Lopez if he knew of a condom to be among the items being tested in the case against his client. Lopez said he was not aware of this.
In the meantime police sources say that Aruban authorities are waiting for the lab results on traces of blood that were found and a condom that was taken out of the wrapper, but was not used. These two “items”, if after tests are found to be evidence in this case, might determine if Gary Giordano is found guilty of the disappearance or death of Robyn Gardner. The police are very cautious and not giving information on the investigation as to avoid any disturbance. Even so, information is leaking. The main challenge in this case is that no body has been found yet.

Something that also attracted attention is that Tuesday afternoon, when Giordano reported Gardner missing and the search for her started, Gary Giordano might have said at the police station in a meeting that he had lost Gardner from the morning, or much earlier. He changed his story immediately when he was asked why he had not reacted then. Correcting himself he said that it had happened that afternoon behind Nanki. There might still be certain details that bring on doubt about Gary Giordano, although he can not be considered guilty of any crime as yet.

http://arubaherald.com/911/863-poss...-womans-case-condom-and-blood-on-a-stone.html

What kind of reality program?

Also what about that other social site you found her profile on ... are you waiting on a Mod to ok it before posting?

Google "robynlgardner" with the quotes. You will see the profile and the reality program site I am referring to.

It is confusing to me but I read it as they're not in receipt of the actual policy. If they had the actual policy in hand, wouldn't it be easy to determine what all it entailed, whether or not it covered accidental death and especially who the beneficiary was ?
JMHO

I would think all they need do is call the ins co?

Unfortunately, for us, Dutch law is very stingy with their information. They don't even use names, only initials. To be honest with you, I'm very surprised at how much information is available.

Let's pray that with all the manpower & hopefully bloodhounds she will be found.

So lets hope they are able to find evidence and try him otherwise he will become 1.5 million richer.

Or Should we consider that Robyn is faking her own disapearance. Given his past I have to say no to that ,but I suppose one never knows. If that is the case they had 2 and a half hours to get her somewhere and then him back Aruba.

Did GG not consider the fact he would be suspected in her death ,if a body was not located? Does he have alot of LE side stepping skills where he assumed it wouldnt be a problem?

Hopefully it will be up for auction soon.
If it is true that he has an accidental death insurance policy on her that he planned to collect on, one would think he would make sure it could be determined to be an accidental death, i.e. a body, and autopsy to confirm it. Also, unless her remains are found, she could still be alive somewhere (although unlikely).

MOO

b_600_464_0_1___images_stories_news_2011_aug_aug15_garyherald.jpg

Might be a scratch below left knee. Shirt is sticking to skin - he was sweating a lot.

http://arubaherald.com/911/837-amer...-drowning-of-tourist-remains-in-custody.html#

A page back, you all were discussing if RG's friend had stated that she knew of Gary's criminal history. I don't recall which show, but RG's friend and brother both knew about Gary's past and had expressed concern to RG. I watched both interviews.

I will see if I can locate a link.

I'm sorry if this was discussed, but why on God's green earth would this man take out an insurance policy Robyn?

REPORT: Suspect Took Out $1.5 Million Insurance Policy On Missing Woman In Aruba

I don't take Radar Online as a completely reliable source, but found this very interesting.

Authorities have also found blood behind the restaurant where they were last seen together.

Source: http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...-million-insurance-policy-missing-woman-aruba

Sorry if this has been asked before, but how does someone take out a life insurance policy on a person who isn't related, married to them, or a verifiable life partner? Can this be done?

Wow - before all this about this insurance policy I was hesitant to believe it could have been premeditated but now...I don't know....and not to lend any more credence to the Mother/Daughter Duo, they're still sketchy to me, but I'll play along a minute and ask, could he have gotten 3 Million for that package deal? Kinda makes you take a second listen at what the mom said he said "I'll take care of you both for the rest of your life."

Maybe he wasn't kidding...or too worried about a long term committment to that.

bolded by me.

I think he was being cagey saying he'd take care of them for the rest of their lives, because what he knew, that they didn't know, is he was planning that "the rest of their lives" wouldn't be a very long time, if you catch my drift...

It seems kind of obvious to me that purchasing the 1 year plan might be viewed as looking "less suspicious" by someone looking to commit a murder. It's a few hundred dollars. Not a bad investment.

Why would that make it "less suspicious"? The 1 year plan is for people who make multiple trips. If you were going on a single planned trip then you would get coverage for that trip alone. Especially since it is considerably cheaper.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but how does someone take out a life insurance policy on a person who isn't related, married to them, or a verifiable life partner? Can this be done?

You can do it, but I doubt you would be able to make yourself the beneficiary. The proceeds of the policy would default to that persons estate, and if you had no connection with them you wouldn't get anything.

On HLN now.

Drinking, taking sleeping pills, going out to eat, drinking more then going snorkeling?

:waitasec:

A page back, you all were discussing if RG's friend had stated that she knew of Gary's criminal history. I don't recall which show, but RG's friend and brother both knew about Gary's past and had expressed concern to RG. I watched both interviews.

I will see if I can locate a link.

I found the dang link, but when I post it...it takes me to a different interview on NG. Last night, Robyn's friend and roommate states in her interview that RG did in fact know about GVG's past and that Robyn was not one to judge people by their past. She also mentions GVG acting threatening towards RG on one occasion.

Robyn, what were you thinking? Why were you so desperate to go with a guy that had a known past and had acted out towards you?

I believe in giving people the benefit of the doubt...but why go with a man that had acted threatening towards you personally? Was RG doing a "shoot" to make some cash? I just don't understand. :banghead:

Have you guys seen this yet? I can't link to NG's website for some dang reason.

"Source: Bloody Palm Print Found!
Breaking: sources tell ABC news that cops found blood where vanished blond beauty was last seen! New reports reveal suspect took out $1.5 million insurance policy just before trip."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper