ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he got PO'ed at her for any reason, it would only take a few minutes to kill her/rape her and kill her.

I know from personal experience as a victim how quickly a man can overpower and potentially murder. He could have just tackled her, or he could have seemed harmless, then escalated.

The boyfriend has said she told him she was going to Florida with family
The he says, during a phonecall she said she was in Aruba

If she believed this was a photo shoot with a gay man, why lie?

I am curious what they can charge him with at this point, though. Even if he is guilty-what is to show for it? He says it was accident and he reported it as such...hard to prove otherwise, it seems...

ORANJESTAD, Aruba — Prosecutors on the Caribbean island of Aruba say a judge has agreed to their request to continue holding an American tourist as a suspect in the death of a woman who was traveling with him.

The prosecutor's office says in a statement the judge accepted a petition to detain Gary V. Giordano for at least eight more days.

Read more: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/top/all/7698456.html#ixzz1V8NFgbJV

If he got PO'ed at her for any reason, it would only take a few minutes to kill her/rape her and kill her.

I know from personal experience as a victim how quickly a man can overpower and potentially murder. He could have just tackled her, or he could have seemed harmless, then escalated.

Agreed, it doesn't have to take long. If there was no rape, then it could presumably take even less time to kill her.

But where is her body? The theory posted about her being thrown from the cliff seems plausible.

Have police divers ever been sent down into these more turbulent water areas to search for victims? How is that done?

I am curious what they can charge him with at this point, though. Even if he is guilty-what is to show for it? He says it was accident and he reported it as such...hard to prove otherwise, it seems...

I am curious as well. Will they charge him without having a body?

I was a sports diver with numerous certifications in various conditions. However, I remember one time I was caught in the waves and pummeled around where I couldn't get out of the water. It was nice to have a regulator attached to an air tank with air in it.

I am curious as well. Will they charge him without having a body?

How can they know she was murdered, if they can't find her? Unless they have come up with a motive and/or computer evidence...I mean, I guess it is not against the law to report an accidental death...but then again if no snorkle gear can be proven, it is surely unlikely.

I'm still wondering if he portrayed himself as gay and she truly believed it, rather than she used that as an excuse for the trip to the boyfriend. The FBI agent discusses this briefly in the thread I posted above.

In that case, she could have shared a hotel room with him because, hey, he's gay.
He's a photographer/media guy who is gay. Do you really think she was that bamboozled?

No, I don't.

IN regard to the latest map, the spot marked 'A' is probably directly next to the old gold mine, where the coast is very jagged, the surf is brutal, and the tides carry in and out very quickly....this is a place where anyone wants something to disappear will dump it. The pic of the road you posted leads you to the natural bridge area, but right before the entrance, it turns into a dusty, dirt road and the entire section of coastline from the gold mine to the natural bridge (collapsed in 2005ish) and natural pool are all dirt roads...and talking with many locals over the years and speaking with people who have an ear to this underground life, this is the are where Natalee was probably dumped. Although, in the days after Natalee's disappearance, the Kalpoes and Joran were seen by the marina near downtown checking the water and land near the water, so who knows where she ended up.

Finally, if it is the Renaissance Hotel, it is directly in the hub of Oranjestad, near the other high rise hotels, with no shortage of snorkel options. It is not the best snorkeling, but there are about 8,000 places to rent gear and have someone show you how to do it...also, many of these huts that rent gear, jet skiis, kayaks etc. also are drug hubs for tourists

NJGuy - You seem to know the Aruba landscape well. Thank you for your insights. Are you a diver?

NJGuy - You seem to know the Aruba landscape well. Thank you for your insights. Are you a diver?

No problem at all, happy to help in any way I can. I am not a diver, barely a snorkler lol, but I have been to Aruba many times and now own a place on the island, near baby beach actually. I have explored the island from end to end many times over the years, and have become friends with a lot of locals there over the years, so I have a pretty good grasp of the culture, life, and the way things work there.

I'll be happy to share and/or help in any way I can about the island

I'm still wondering if he portrayed himself as gay and she truly believed it, rather than she used that as an excuse for the trip to the boyfriend. The FBI agent discusses this briefly in the thread I posted above.

In that case, she could have shared a hotel room with him because, hey, he's gay.
He's a photographer/media guy who is gay. Do you really think she was that bamboozled?

He was married and divorced ... three children, and they met on a dating site. She would have to be completely clueless if she thought he was gay. I think she told her boyfriend that he was gay so he wouldn't be jealous when she spent time with GVG.

He was married and divorced ... three children, and they met on a dating site. She would have to be completely clueless if she thought he was gay. I think she told her boyfriend that he was gay so he wouldn't be jealous when she spent time with GVG.

Even if he'd been married and had three children, he could still be gay...happens a lot. However, I agree with you--I believe the story about a gay friend was for her boyfriend RF's benefit. Still I'm even questioning this--did RF really think GVG is indeed a gay friend?

ETA:concentric, I also noticed the FBI agent in the ABC news video said that it was worth investigating whether GVG presented himself as a gay friend. Is he actually working this case, though? He might just be presenting his evaluation based on something he read about the case, not because he is closely involved. Know what I mean? Hope that makes sense.

No problem at all, happy to help in any way I can. I am not a diver, barely a snorkler lol, but I have been to Aruba many times and now own a place on the island, near baby beach actually. I have explored the island from end to end many times over the years, and have become friends with a lot of locals there over the years, so I have a pretty good grasp of the culture, life, and the way things work there.

I'll be happy to share and/or help in any way I can about the island

Thanks for your insights. I am curious if you could clarify how long it takes to drive to these secluded cliff areas in Aruba where a body could be cast off with no return to shore. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lbmeadows98