ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if he had purchased high-dollar life insurance for the earlier cruise also and maybe it set her hinkey meter off so she didn't go. The Aruba trip, unfortunately, followed a blow- up with her significant other, a time when a lot of people make poor decisions.

WOW...great point, I had not thought of that, and you could be right! :rocker:

It's GG's history that makes me believe he was fully capable of murdering Robyn, like ticking time bomb.

http://www.qr77.com/News/World/Article.aspx?id=298535
In the three years since, other women he dated — many of them thin and blond like Gardner — found that their romantic relationships with him turned ugly. One woman accused him of threatening her by saying "the world would be better off without me" and of secretly videotaping their sexual encounters. The woman met with prosecutors, but told authorities she didn't want to pursue the case, said Montgomery County State's Attorney John McCarthy. The woman's lawyer says her client was frightened of Giordano.
She claimed in court documents that Giordano retaliated by putting revealing photos of her in neighbours' mailboxes. He claimed she had slandered him in emails and letters and requested his own restraining order.

Jeanette Farago, a former neighbour, started dating Giordano around the time of his second divorce. She said Giordano was charismatic but could become angry and possessive, though she said she never felt physically threatened. Once, he wanted to take her on a cruise but became irate when she didn't want to go, she said, a situation Gardner also found herself in, according to a friend.
Farago said Giordano insisted on having her email password so he could ensure she was not seeing anyone else. If she said she was going to the grocery store, he would want photographic proof. Sometimes, she said, he would spy on her and text her details of her outfit so she knew he was watching. He even hid in the woods behind her home to watch her, dressing in a deer costume, she said.
"He's Mr. Perfect," she said, and then he's "totally different."

RG was seen at 4PM, they're seen down by the beach, just not in the water, he reports her missing two hours later. GG was arrested three days later. Where would Robyn have gone if this was a scam between them both? Where is she now?

Yes, I know she had a job in a dental office. It was first reported that she was a dental assistant, but then later changed to 'patient care coordinator' or something like that. It sounds like basically she scheduled appointments for the dental office.

My point is not to belittle her job, (hey, I work in customer care :innocent: ) but I live in Maryland and I know that type of job does not pay very well. I'm thinking 12-13.00/hr maybe, hardly enough for the 'good life' to which she had grown accustomed, IMO. For real if I were the ex, and my hard earned 2000.00 a month was going towards breast implants, mani-pedis, lip injections, spray tans, hair extensions, etc, I would be pissed! :maddening:

I feel really bad for RF in all of this. I know people question his motives, but I think that he really does love her, apparently a lot more than she cares for him. As a woman, I can't understand why she would blow off a guy that clearly seems smitten with her to go away with a creep like GG...and she even knew he was a creep! :banghead: It makes no damn sense to me, unless she thought they were going to get rich off of this, MOO...:twocents:

We don't know what her relationship really was like with RF, just because he is all over the media now doesn't mean that everything was honky dory between them or that it was all her. People break up all the time. he may have realized at the time that things weren't going well in their relationship, but now that she's gone he wants to put that all aside.

Her friend that was on a show with RF, stated something to the effect that things weren't really the way he's been portraying between them. She really seemed like she wanted to say more but was hesitant because she was also friends with RF.

It's GG's history that makes me believe he was fully capable of murdering Robyn, like ticking time bomb.

http://www.qr77.com/News/World/Article.aspx?id=298535

RG was seen at 4PM, they're seen down by the beach, just not in the water, he reports her missing two hours later. GG was arrested three days later. Where would Robyn have gone if this was a scam between them both? Where is she now?

I have no idea...and yes, GG does have a violent history with women for sure. But according to CJ, RG knew about his history and still took the trip. :waitasec: If she willingly signed the insurance papers, I can't come up with any rational explanation for it. Could it be that GG told her that they were going to pull the scam to get her to sign the papers but really planned to kill her all along?

I know it sounds farfetched given his history, but there is something way hinky about this whole thing. It reminds me of that old Alfred Hitchcock movie with Fred MacMurry in it...:twocents:

I have no idea...and yes, GG does have a violent history with women for sure. But according to CJ, RG knew about his history and still took the trip. :waitasec: If she willingly signed the insurance papers, I can't come up with any rational explanation for it. Could it be that GG told her that they were going to pull the scam to get her to sign the papers but really planned to kill her all along?

I know it sounds farfetched given his history, but there is something way hinky about this whole thing. It reminds me of that old Alfred Hitchcock movie with Fred MacMurry in it...:twocents:

Didn't the friend say that Robyn knew about his exwife, but that GG blew it off convincing Robyn it was not that big a deal, and Robyn was too trusting. Not that Robyn knew about all these other women we're hearing about now?

I can easily see RG signing the insurance papers being led to believe it was just standard travel insurance, and that since he was paying for the trip it was a way for him to recoup any losses if something happened. I wouldn't be at all surprised if she hadn't actually read the policy and didn't think much of it outside the norm.

We also just learned that he tried to sue someone for millions, using an alleged forged signature. What's to say he didn't get her to sign something and then forged her signature on something else?

If this is a scam, it could account for his not seeming too worried about her as it has been reported. It could account for a lot of other things too, but I just don't see how they would get her off the Island without involving a 3rd party (ie: boat).

She could have left via Cruise Ship. The Cruise ships depart from very near the hotel they were staying at.

I've never been on a cruise, but I would think there are no customs and immigrations officers to deal with. Do you just show your passport to the Cruise staff? How easy is it to get a fake passport?

I've been thinking about this for awhile. What if he had originally planned for her disappearance while on the original cruise ship trip? According to reports, he was awfully upset about the cancellation. Many people have gone missing on cruises in the past couple years. The honeymooning couple, the husband went missing. No body, no witnesses, no crime. Same with the missing English girl who was on the way to her daily shift on the Disney cruise and she went missing during the day. I don't think they ever found out what happened.

But to tie it together, does anyone know where the original cruise was scheduled? Was it a cruise that docked in Aruba? Or in the southern caribbean? This could have been planned for a long time. He could have had this area staked out, so to speak.

Or maybe it is a trafficking situation in which he had to get her to this area and Aruba was the next best place. Think about it, why choose Aruba instead of some place a bit closer?

Late night rambling

Some speculations:

He chose Aruba because of the NH case. The no body, no crime reputation, the weak investigating, the lack of justice sought by ALE. He figured this is the place to kill.

He did not dispose of the body on land. It is gone. He cut her open to attract sharks. He swam her out as far as he could. This is why he later changed toupees. One photo shows his hair wet from the swim. Later, his hair is perfect with another toupee. He saw insufficient seclusion at the beach, so drove to another spot. There were rocks. He scratched his leg maneuvering over them. He strangled her while walking along them.

He needed money. He has a history of theft and scams. This was his latest solution. He will not have an honest job in his past.

I think his father will be shown to have been abusive and an alcoholic, full of anger himself. He mistreated his mother and beat Gary as well. His mother was his protector and his ally. I suspect his father is deceased, and GG came into an inheritance.

He resented Robyn for rejecting him. He stalked her and saw her at RFs house 6 nights a week. He never forgave the cruise cancellation. He sensed Robyn just wanted to use him for a temporary thrill away from RF.

He took the photos in the hotel room to capture his trophy on film once more before he killed her. He got his sexual fill, she started to recede in willingness, and accelerated the plan thereby. Tuesday became the day.

MOO.

Yes, I know she had a job in a dental office. It was first reported that she was a dental assistant, but then later changed to 'patient care coordinator' or something like that. It sounds like basically she scheduled appointments for the dental office.

My point is not to belittle her job, (hey, I work in customer care :innocent: ) but I live in Maryland and I know that type of job does not pay very well. I'm thinking 12-13.00/hr maybe, hardly enough for the 'good life' to which she had grown accustomed, IMO. For real if I were the ex, and my hard earned 2000.00 a month was going towards breast implants, mani-pedis, lip injections, spray tans, hair extensions, etc, I would be pissed! :maddening:

I feel really bad for RF in all of this. I know people question his motives, but I think that he really does love her, apparently a lot more than she cares for him. As a woman, I can't understand why she would blow off a guy that clearly seems smitten with her to go away with a creep like GG...and she even knew he was a creep! :banghead: It makes no damn sense to me, unless she thought they were going to get rich off of this, MOO...:twocents:

I am in MD too. There are not alot of jobs out there for the unemployed.

I do not think she is involved in any insurance scam. I think she was distraught about losing her job, her relationship with RF and an opportunity came up to get away with someone she thought was a friend and she took it. When people are feeling depressed and overwhelmed with life, they are not always thinking clearly and make decisions that do not make sense to others. GG took advantage of her distress because he's a devious psycho pervert. That's what I believe.

If this is a scam, it could account for his not seeming too worried about her as it has been reported. It could account for a lot of other things too, but I just don't see how they would get her off the Island without involving a 3rd party (ie: boat).

She could have left via Cruise Ship. The Cruise ships depart from very near the hotel they were staying at.

I've never been on a cruise, but I would think there are no customs and immigrations officers to deal with. Do you just show your passport to the Cruise staff? How easy is it to get a fake passport?

The cruise ship issues you a card with your picture on it. That is what you use to get on and off the ship. They scan it when you leave and when you come back.

Even though they didn't go in the water by Baby beach, if the fisherman was asked Gary will probably have been seen wearing his swim trunks when he saw them. What did he see Robyn wearing? I think the dress is missing because she was killed in it. If they could find that dress it would be a big breakthrough. That photo of leaving the restaurant could be huge. Just the fact the dress is missing, if it is, would be further evidence that his story is not true.

I emailed Richard F. and asked him if they recovered the dress. He said "Not that I know of."

Anybody got Taco's cell number? :crazy:

I emailed Richard F. and asked him if they recovered the dress. He said "Not that I know of."

Anybody got Taco's cell number? :crazy:

LOL. If you actually get Mr. Stein on the phone, I will buy you a very large beer.

What I emailed back to him:
Thanks. This is an interesting point to me, relevant for a number of reasons. First, if that is what she was last wearing and they never found it in her belongings, the missing person report should reflect that is what she was last seen in. Secondly, and most importantly, it is further evidence that she wasn't snorkeling. Thirdly, if Robyn is deceased, that dress may have been discarded on the island somewhere, or may wash up on the rocks, whereas the body may have been eaten by sharks (sorry for the bluntness here, just trying to convey how this dress is significant.)
There should be more attention put on the dress in my opinion. It could be at a garbage dump at this point in Aruba, or it could be washed up on the rocks. Finding that dress will help get justice. Just the fact that it is missing will be a big part of the evidence. In a circumstantial case like this, that is a big piece to the puzzle. The surveillance camera shot will help bring justice.

Does anyone know if LE follow this board at all?

Good response to RF, but I'm not sure he has the ability to do much with the info...?

Does anyone know if LE follow this board at all?

Good response to RF, but I'm not sure he has the ability to do much with the info...?

I am going on the assumption that he has a direct line to ALE and can contact them with information on the case when needed. I would think that is the case, but am not 100% sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkbuchanan1983