Attorney Seeks To Spare Casey Anthony From Death Penalty

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for responding-- you make perfect sense, despite the fatigue :)
I think I was unclear bc I'm tired too-- I blame daylight savings grrr.
I DO NOT think, Casey is bipolar or that a comprehensive read of her behavior would indicate bipolar disorder. I think that the memo seemed to hint at something more than PPD or PPP-- I thought it hinted at bipolar symptoms. I think the defense could try to bring all this out in sentencing as a mitigation scenario, saying that she was suffering from undiagnosed bipolar disorder and episodes could have been triggered by pregnancy. --Because I thought it was odd they seemed to tack on "classic" biopolar symptoms.
I VERY MUCH believe and know that people with bipolar disorder and other axis I conditions have a soul!! I think Casey's a psychopath, actually. I don't think she has a "soul" and I found the defense memo's allusions to psychiatric conditions irksome and disturbing. I was just wondering how far they would go with it. But I do agree with you, they are not going to try to pull a NGRI defense at trial.

So, to end the ramble, I wasn't in any way trying to insinuate that I think you and Casey are similar or behaved similarly. There's a big difference, obviously-- you know this. but I just wanted to be clear!! :)

Ohh, I know you werent trying to compare me and Casey. You and I have already touched briefly on what each other thinks Casey's "diagnosis" is and we both agreed we saw personality disorders but no Bipolar symptoms.

Your question was legit, I understood what you were getting at! I answered the way I did to debunk the crazy idea if Bipolar is indeed what her lawyers are planning on pointing at. It does seem they are listing symptoms of Bipolar in the little memo.

BUT he didn't properly file them with the court. Instead they were leaked to the media.

and at this stage we DO NOT know who leaked them, but will admit that it is puzzling

Dear Jose:

We live in the state of Florida, a state which conveys the death penalty in capital murder cases. Your client has been charged with capital murder for the death of her child. If you feel you need further justification, I suggest you seek out another career.

I just started a thread on motion by Baez for legal justification of the death penalty for his client....and it was moved here to a thread started on him trying to spare her the death penalty. This is something new to discuss as it pertains to possible posturing of the defense and my brand new thread was combined with this one. I do not understand...... however if it must be burried in this one..... I wanted to discuss it a little further. So bump. It could be an indication the defense realizes a first-degree murder conviction is possible and they are PREPARING for the big fight.

Snipped from WFTV

"Meanwhile, prosecutors have added to their witness list. There are now 144 people on it."

Dear Jose:

We live in the state of Florida, a state which conveys the death penalty in capital murder cases. Your client has been charged with capital murder for the death of her child. If you feel you need further justification, I suggest you seek out another career.

:applause::applause::applause:
Perfect!!!

the only thing that will spare kc's life, is to plea for life with the recovery of the body. imho

I just started a thread on motion by Baez for legal justification of the death penalty for his client....and it was moved here to a thread started on him trying to spare her the death penalty. This is something new to discuss as it pertains to possible posturing of the defense and my brand new thread was combined with this one. I do not understand...... however if it must be burried in this one..... I wanted to discuss it a little further. So bump. It could be an indication the defense realizes a first-degree murder conviction is possible and they are PREPARING for the big fight.

I mentioned this on the question for lawyers....I don't get why JB is quesioning this vs. the other dp lawyer...that I thought odd--this whole defense is starting to seem like a learning point for him...odd

jmo

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-casey-anthony-death110508,0,6113475.story

Submitted by defense to prosecution outlining why prosecution should not seek death penalty, in part reads:

"The crime was not cold, calculated and premeditated. In the months leading up to Caylee's disappearance, Anthony's behavior was described by friends and family as "erratic and not entirely rational."

He wrote that filicide – the act of a parent killing a child – is different than other homicides. The underlying reasons why mothers kill are complex and can be divided into various categories. For example, one type is a parent who kills under influence of mental illness. Another type suggests a parent's motive may be to save the child from real or imagined harm.

Juries are more likely to show mothers mercy. He mentioned Andrea Yates – a Texas mother who drowned all five children – was sentenced to life in prison. Susan Smith, the Arkansas mother who pushed her car with her two children inside in a lake, got life in prison."

Is this an acknowledgement of Caylee's murder??

ETA: Changed thread title that was my question I was asking per request from mod.

Susan Smith showed emotion (even though faked). KC did not bother to show any emotion about her missing daughter and continues to do the same. Andrea Yates had been in and out of mental hospitals for months.
All Casey can prove is that she stole from anyone she ever met. That's not even CLOSE to proving her INSANE.

I would say what I thought of Baez and his "abilities' as a lawyer, but I'd get banned. Suffice to say, he is unprofessional, uneducated, and doesn't think, nor does he understand the law. HE is so besotted with his client that he is not thinking with his brain. moo

NGBRI is a legal term - meaning that at the time of the crime, the person committing it was not aware that it was wrong. Sociopaths do NOT fall under the catagory of menrtal illness - it is a DISORDER and does not exempt them from not understanding that it is wrong. They may not FEEL it is wrong, but they know it is.

KC has already passed a psych evaluation in jail so claiming mental illness at this point is impossible.

Dear Jose:

Oh, how I agree, debs. Unfortunately I feel I must correct.

Dear Jose:

We live in the United States of America.

Your client has been charged with capital murder which will cost the good citizens of the state of Florida a lot of money.

You clearly have information about the case that could disclose where Caylee is but you continually deny that and prevent your client from disclosing little Caylee's remains too.

You are not an attorney. You are an accomplice.

You are aware of the crime and are complicite in that crime. I don't understand why you aren't facing the etthics board as it is.

If it wasn't for Caylee I'd be leaving this site now and washing my own distant hands of you.

You, Mr. Baez, are anything but an officer of the court and capable of representing your client.

Now, act iin the best interst of your client and remove yourself by whatever means necessary. Your behavior so far give her ground for appeal and that's blatanly apparent to everyone.

Respectfully,
N****** M***** C*****

NGBRI is a legal term - meaning that at the time of the crime, the person committing it was not aware that it was wrong. Sociopaths do NOT fall under the catagory of menrtal illness - it is a DISORDER and does not exempt them from not understanding that it is wrong. They may not FEEL it is wrong, but they know it is.

KC has already passed a psych evaluation in jail so claiming mental illness at this point is impossible.

You can be profoundly mentally ill and still be legally sane. Legal sanity has nothing to do with whether you're mentally ill or not or whether you define mental illness to include a particular disorder.

Dear Jose:

Well said, Debs. :clap::clap::clap:

The release of this new info. makes me wonder IF the Prosecution is fixing to release even more damning info. and/ or documents concerning this case......Last time we saw something like this from Baez and company....The prosecution did....Didn't they?

Susan Smith showed emotion (even though faked). KC did not bother to show any emotion about her missing daughter and continues to do the same.
snipped

Smith also told them where to find the babies. Had she not come clean, who knows when they would have found them, because LE had already searched that lake.jmo

Susan Smith showed emotion (even though faked). KC did not bother to show any emotion about her missing daughter and continues to do the same. Andrea Yates had been in and out of mental hospitals for months.
All Casey can prove is that she stole from anyone she ever met. That's not even CLOSE to proving her INSANE.

I would say what I thought of Baez and his "abilities' as a lawyer, but I'd get banned. Suffice to say, he is unprofessional, uneducated, and doesn't think, nor does he understand the law. HE is so besotted with his client that he is not thinking with his brain. moo

His blood is pumping to the wrong head- dude doesn't think straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missmichelle1932