AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kassidi Lally dated Karlie for one to three months when she was about 17 or 18 years old and living in Alice Springs.

Mr Lally said the last time he saw Karlie she was pregnant at a bus stop in Alice Springs.

He said his attention was first drawn to the tragedy by his current girlfriend who had been following the case of the "baby in the suitcase".

"She has been going on about it for a while, and then yesterday, when I got home from work she said, 'the mother's from Alice Springs. Do you know her?'," Mr Lally said.

"She said the name and I didn't recognise the name. She showed me a photo and for about five to 10 minutes later, I was gutted. I was in complete shock. I didn't say anything. I couldn't really put a sentence together or anything."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-...ied-in-karlie-pearce-stevenson-murder/6878164

Her ex boyfriend did not recognise the name.
Had she used another name previously?

Exactly. I picked up on that too. Who dates someone for a few months then doesn't recognise their name?

Khandalyce wouldn't have been born in 2005. They must be digging deep!

It looks that way. Khandalyce was born in 2006 I believe, so that means they're looking at information before she was even born. Unless he just pulled 10 years out as an approximate timeframe - which I wouldn't have thought, given you would think they would get their information fairly precise in something as serious as this. It therefore gives the impression that the person/persons of interest were involved and known to Karlie and Khandalyce before they left Alice Springs.

I still feel that Mathew Milat and friend / friends were involved in this.

In 2010 when he killed his friend he was just shy of his 18th birthday so he is old enough to be involved.

I wonder if he said. 2010 because that's when Karlie's body was found? But she wouldn't have been travelling then.

Also,

“It is known that Karlie’s mother raised a missing persons report on 4 September, 2009, in Alice Springs and normal initial investigation inquiries at that time indicated signs of active life,” he said.

does not mesh with them thinking she died in December 2008.

I still feel that Mathew Milat and friend / friends were involved in this.

In 2010 when he killed his friend he was just shy of his 18th birthday so he is old enough to be involved.

On one hand, he committed that crime with someone else (more two people) which fits with police having more than one suspect in this case.

On the other hand, surely the third guy (who reported the 2010 murder) would have said something if he knew about it. Of course, there's is the chance he didn't know anything.

Personally, while the possibility is there, I think Milat jnr is too dumb to have pulled this off. He could never have stayed quiet for so long. He gloated about the axe murder the day after he did it.

It looks that way. Khandalyce was born in 2006 I believe, so that means they're looking at information before she was even born. Unless he just pulled 10 years out as an approximate timeframe - which I wouldn't have thought, given you would think they would get their information fairly precise in something as serious as this. It therefore gives the impression that the person/persons of interest were involved and known to Karlie and Khandalyce before they left Alice Springs.

Makes sense that they'd go back to whoever was the father of Khandalyce, since Karlie didn't say who that was they probably will want to try and find out.

I wonder if the multiple people involved refers to one person who killed Karlie and Khandalyce and someone else who dumped Khandalyce in the suitcase years later, or if more than one person was involved in the actual murders. They could even have been separated and killed by different people, although from what little we know the COD sounds the same for both of them.

Possibly - I am a first gen aussie and I can say that the sun here has not been very kind to my skin at all.
I don't think Karlie was a first gen aussie though. At least on one side of her family - they appear to have been in australia for at least a few generations. (her mums side - not sure about karlies bio dad's side)
We're almost all boat people essentially!

MSM said the suspect is currently awaiting sentencing, but Milat was sentenced a few years ago. It can't be him, according to that.

Looks like they are onto them!
POLICE have revealed they have raided the homes of several suspects in South Australia and Canberra as part of a nationwide investigation into the disappearance and murder of Karlie Pearce-Stevenson and Khandalyce Pearce.

Detective Superintendent Des Bray, the SA Police head of Major Crime, today provided an update on the “complex and fast-paced investigation” into the horrific murders of the Alice Springs mother and daughter.

Detectives in five states and territories are involved in the inquiry.

“Homes in South Australia and Canberra have been searched — people associated with Karlie and Khandalyce in some way. Those searches have been extremely productive and have advanced the investigation,” Det Sup Bray said.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...579117725?sv=cb5d553587a15c3944bbaa8eb92a6f98

On the ABC TV News the reporter outside the Police media conference said that the cause of death of both victims has not been released.
Police had stated that they intentionally are not releasing the causes of the deaths.
I think we have to get off the "bashed to death" statements based on that.

MSM said the suspect is currently awaiting sentencing, but Milat was sentenced a few years ago. It can't be him, according to that.

Awaiting sentencing = already convicted too, which knocks out a few other folk some have suspected.

This was actually published at the beginning of this month - uncanny that SMH compared the two cases!

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/little-gi...tim-of-wynarkas-homicide-20150923-gjt1ah.html

and then the very last sentence

Published Oct 2nd 2015. The calls to crimestoppers came about a week and a half later.

Very uncanny.
I think this is a prime example of LE USING the media for it's own purposes, and very rightly so. I don't think it was coincidence that this media release was put together. Rather that LE already had suspicions of the connection. Well done to the guys in blue

I wonder if the multiple people involved refers to one person who killed Karlie and Khandalyce and someone else who dumped Khandalyce in the suitcase years later, or if more than one person was involved in the actual murders. They could even have been separated and killed by different people, although from what little we know the COD sounds the same for both of them.
I'm thinking along the lines that whoever murdered both 'Angels' was already charged and in jail when LE think the skeletal remains were placed in the suitcase and left in Wynarka. Hence a second person HAD to be involved. Knowingly or unknowingly. More likely the first

Going to jail is a perfect reason to move the remains. He was losing control of her resting place, i.e. under the house or in a shed.

The car that Karlie was driving at the time was a red or maroon 1996 VL commodore station wagon. That car turned up registered to somebody in NSW, that person has been cleared as a suspect, but they are looking for who sold the car to them.

They believe that Karlie was murdered either near or in Belanglo.

ABC News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member