AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why they stopped using her phone in mid 2011? Apparently the Centrelink payments were stopped at that time - but that doesn't necessarily explain why her phone was not used from then, unless once the payments were stopped, the game was up so they got rid of the phone. If not, I wonder if it was no longer used because of a change of circumstances, ie, whoever was using it was imprisoned and therefore couldn't use it anymore.

Please check the date of building a Facebook account in 2011 for urgently finding Karlie because her mother was ill - does it match with the time? Perhaps the defrauders/killers then were afraid the fraud would fly up soon, if Karlie would not visit her sick mother and the family.

According to Detective Superintendent Des Bray's today's update (at 3:08 he says), Quote "...Large amount of money went into her account also, we know that that was from WAGES of a person - fraud, and other unknown sources..." Unquote

So, the WAGES must have been payed into Karlie's bank account.
I should have quoted what I was replying to, which was the argument that somebody must have had access to Karlie's tax file number and impersonated her as a worker. However, it would be possible for a person working under his or her own name to deposit wages in a bank account that was held in Karlie's name.

Not saying it is but maybe the ABN someone found a few days ago & was dismissed because it would have been done after the time Karlie was said to have been killed, was actually set up in the real Karlie's name by these people. Stranger things have definitely happened in this case so far

^^ Apologies if this has already been mentioned. I've only just arrived home and have only just read about today's announcement. Need to pedal quickly to catch up :)

That kind of extreme constant travel is very unusual IMO. I'm going with someone who is truck driving, or travelling with truckers, who is couriering something else, or is a biker .. then settled down in the Northern Suburbs of Adelaide.

I mentioned earlier that whoever dumped the suitcase may have been a truckie and these interstate bank transactions could fall into line with that.

He said the RAH was one of the ATMs hat was used to withdraw money from her account.
Every ATM has CCTV.

I wonder if they have photos of the user. How long is the footage kept for an ATM?

Also earlier in the threads a fellow sleuther did mention they had a feeling a woman would end up being involved. Well done to whoever that was!

I think there were a few who thought a woman was involved. I mentioned I thought a wife or girlfriend were involved, but I didn't think it was in these sort of circumstances. I'm now wondering if he does the dirty work and she carries out the deception/fraud at his instructions - am thinking along the lines that for whatever psychologic reasons she does what he says to keep him, impress him or to feel "worthy" enough for him.

If she was able to dupe so many people into thinking she was Karlie, she would have to be around the same age I would have thought (though I'm terrible at guessing ages, so maybe that's not as relevant as I first thought).

The government has gone into vocal based security authorisation. So, in future, you will be identified by your voice signature

If loans were applied for through Centrelink I wonder if they could locate the date through bank/Centrelink records and go back and check surveillance on that day. From memory, loans had to be applied for in person at Centrelink back then. I'm sure they'd be looking into it. I just thought if they had footage of the identity thief it would be easier for the public to help id them.

Please check the date of building a Facebook account in 2011 for urgently finding Karlie because her mother was ill - does it match with the time? Perhaps the defrauders/killers then were afraid the fraud would fly up soon, if Karlie would not visit her sick mother and the family.

One of my thoughts was that perhaps these fraudsters may have been a part of that group, but I couldn't glean much from the cached copies of the group/page. And it was August 2011 there was a post saying she hadn't been in contact over a year ago and last contact was in canberra and if canberra people could share.

From the Seven News FB -

Police investigating the murder of Karlie & Khandalyce say they were most likely killed in December 2008.
Karlie's bank account was accessed hundreds of times since she was murdered. Her phone was kept and used as proof of life after she was murdered. Police say a female falsely represented herself on the phone to get money from her family. Police say about $90,000 was spent or withdrawn the account since November 2008.

https://www.facebook.com/7newssydney

:(

Why?????? What was their motive? What was their 'payoff'? Not asking you specifically Lass, just in general. I can understand a killer using her account to drain it of money but to keep up a pretence for so long is just confusing.

Just watched the beginning of nbn news. They have footage of the woman in the wheelchair (only showed bottom half). Apparently they know the three people and are closing in on them.

I mentioned earlier that whoever dumped the suitcase may have been a truckie and these interstate bank transactions could fall into line with that.

It is looking that way for sure .. the routes they take and the places they stop are also telling. There is a well known interstate trucking company in Mt Gambier that I know of, that is, shall we say, a little lax in the rules. It would be easier for someone who was not on the 'up and up' to work for a company like this, than for others who run a much tighter ship, it's interesting that they were down that way to me.

Great point about the suitcase!

I wonder if they were in her car in The Alice? If they were, perhaps someone noticed?

17/11/2008 Rabbit Photo/Strandbags (Mt Gambier)

Interesting to note that there was a purchase at Strandbags. The Lanza suitcase apparently was marketed solely by Strandbags.

7/01/2009 EFTPOS Purchase Mobil (Alice Springs )

Whoever was using Karlie's EFTPOS card was in Alice Springs in early 2009. This would have been just after she was murdered.

BBM.

I wonder if they have photos of the user. How long is the footage kept for an ATM?

Usually it's for a couple of months - it's possible they could have images stored though if there was a report of fraud or theft at the time - maybe that's in an evidence locker somewhere?

Just watched the beginning of nbn news. They have footage of the woman in the wheelchair (only showed bottom half). Apparently they know the three people and are closing in on them.
This is what i thought too . They know whos involved with the freud

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I'm not all together sure that they were murdered solely for money. It's possible they were murdered for another reason and this identity theft was used either as a cover up that Karlie was murdered in the first place or because of the added bonus of money.

Yes, that's what I'm wondering. Either they've done this before and are very cocky about it, or Karlie and Khandalyce were murdered for another reason and then the perpetrators used the identity theft as an added bonus for a cover up and for the money.

Just saw the news, so I am late to todays news regarding the 3 who seemed to have impersonated Karlie in a number of ways afterwards. Mothereffers. The police obviously know who they are now as they know the last 3 properties they lived at, may justice be swift and harsh once they are caught, which these scumbags will be!!!

Not saying it is but maybe the ABN someone found a few days ago & was dismissed because it would have been done after the time Karlie was said to have been killed, was actually set up in the real Karlie's name by these people. Stranger things have definitely happened in this case so far

^^ Apologies if this has already been mentioned. I've only just arrived home and have only just read about today's announcement. Need to pedal quickly to catch up :)

Here's that link again. http://abr.business.gov.au/SearchByAbn.aspx?abn=94740016021

STEVENSON, KARLIE JADE
ABN status: Cancelled from 30 Sep 2015
Entity type: Individual/Sole Trader
Goods & Services Tax (GST): Not currently registered for GST
Main business location: SA 5116

Trading name(s)
Trading name
KP EXPLORATION DRILLING 01 Jan 2011
ABN last updated: 02 Oct 2015

http://abr.business.gov.au/SearchByAbnHistory.aspx?abn=94740016021

I don't know if that is possible, the names have to match, so unless they were working using her name, I can't see that happening.
I should have quoted what I was replying to, which was the argument that somebody must have had access to Karlie's tax file number and impersonated her as a worker. However, it would be possible for a person working under his or her own name to deposit wages in a bank account that was held in Karlie's name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdw1990