AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The rocks mark the approach to an entrance. An aerial view with a track and railway crossing leading into the field behind. The different captures show that this cairn has been maintained and/or rebuilt over time. I'm personally convinced that the case has been in the general vicinity longer than is being reported. I don't buy that the roadworks rule out an earlier dump date all. Earlier this image was found: https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-35...4!1sm93lzmRvxf5ucmiFBAOsyA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
Located about 2-300mtrs from the site Kandalyce was found. I've since engaged the help of friends to enhance the image and apply variious filters which has left me (personally) in no doubt this is 'a' suitcase. Of course, just my opinion. There was mention at the time that there is a much better imaging service available but access it's expensive.

I tried to reply to this twice last night but I was having a ridiculous amount of posting drama so I just gave up. Anyway, I just wanted to say a big "me too" to the bolded part.

If you look at the recent pics you'll see the grass at the base of the trees/scrub is quite deep - it's amazing how quickly it grows & what it can conceal, my own tip-pile suitcase would've disappeared several times by now if I didn't keep moving it & mowing. As a kid I've cartwheeled/crashed over several large pieces of abandoned farm machinery for this very reason so (IMO) while ever the suitcase was concealed beneath one of those trees, at times it could've been even more difficult to see from a moving vehicle & I expect only someone who happened to stop there would've even had the opportunity to spot it. I can also see highway road crews not wanting to get involved if they happened upon it given Ivan Milat's employment history - imagine the speculation now from certain sections of the media if a road crew member had called it in, it would be even worse now that the link to Belanglo's known.

I do believe the suitcase was moved after being placed there, but I don't necessarily think it was someone with knowledge of the crime. I really think it could very easily have lain unnoticed & undisturbed for years before anyone realised what it concealed. I also think that if the suitcase was deliberately placed closer to the road, specifically as a means of drawing attention to Khandalyce's death, it was only because someone randomly found it & had suspicions that the bones might be human, but wanted to avoid contacting the police themselves.

Years ago I occasionally rode shotgun on the interstate truck routes between NSW/QLD/VIC/SA. You have a very good view from a truck cab, much better than a car & for over a decade now, I've lived in an area with similar stretches of bush highway (my profile pic was taken on the hwy 10 mins from my house). I could not begin to count the amount of clothing, bedding, stuffed toys, shoes etc, even furniture (& sometimes bags, suitcases or washing baskets) I've seen strewn on the roadside or off into the bush. It's a pretty regular thing & most of the time it's just from tourists/people moving house not securing their loads properly. Most people would never consider the possibility that roadside debris could be linked to anything more nefarious than illegal garbage dumping & the vast majority aren't going to pull off the highway to rummage through someone else's discarded junk, even when it's clearly visible from a (moving) vehicle - which this suitcase wasn't (IMO), at least until it was moved. So the idea it could sit there for years doesn't seem at all implausible to me, these aren't areas with council clean-up crews.

A few other posters have mentioned this too but I just want to emphasise that those little cairns, & other unofficial markers like them, are incredibly common in the bush. Once you start looking for them you'll see them everywhere. Sometimes it's not a cairn but a marker sprayed on the road or sprayed, tagged, tied or cut into a tree. Other times it's a line of rocks, or old tyres - pretty much anything. They're markers for local tracks & property entryways that aren't recorded on official maps - the Mitchell Hwy between Dubbo & Bourke has lots.They're often placed to guide delivery drivers or visitors from out of town who'd otherwise have trouble telling a fire trail from someone's 20km long driveway - if you're not local, all dirt tracks look alike.

ALSO - if the google images showing all the discarded clothing items in the new poster's first post (sorry!! forgot your name) are definitely from the same stretch of highway as Khandalyce's suitcase & were also definitely taken in 2010, police should be able to narrow the date the suitcase was left there with some certainty because that particular section has very obviously been affected by fire in the 12 mths before those images were taken.

- Whoa that's long - if anyone actually gets through it, apologies for the massive TL/DR issues :blushing:

The suitcase Khandalyce was found in was also bleached by the sun after some time, the color it was when it was discovered is definitely not the color it used to be. So that suitcase hidden in the brush in those pictures could be the same one.

I'm confused too. Looks so different to suitcase she was found in.

We were discussing the site as at Sept 2014 (which you can all see on google maps street view). There are a few objects in the bushes but no clear suitcase such as that seen in the dash cam photos from May/ June 2015.

Then Kustom came along and pointed out a rectangular object in the bushes 500 metres away from the site, which very much looks like A suitcase.

One thing it tells me if anything, is that the suitcase was being moved more than once. Someone has been back a few times since Sept 2014.

These days its called parenting payment, either partnered or single. Karlie also would have been entitled to family tax payments provided she had claimed child support from Khandles father. If you don't make every effort to collect child support they can cut your payments off.
unless there was a valid reason he couldn't pay..eg unemployed or in jail?????

Not a rule or a law, just a recommendation but I have seen carseats for sale in quite a few op shops inc Vinnies, recently, so it may be a shop by shop basis, at their discretion
I doubt it. It's a CYA thing - seats that have been in accidents often don't look like they've been in accidents (and people aren't always honest about things) - but if they've been in an accident they're no longer safe. I think that's been a rule since the early-mid 2000s at least (when I started having babies)

I had a quick read of the Austlii R V Ashley case that a previous poster mentioned. This case concerns the murder of Darren Ashley's wife. This sentence stood out:

It will not be in dispute that the accused and the deceased had previously been in a domestic relationship since around 1996 and had two children together, <modsnip>. On or about 21 April 2012, the accused and the deceased separated

Khandalyse was born in 2006 when Karlie was only 18. So at what point exactly did the relationship between Karlie and this man occur? I can only surmise two scenarios:
1. He had a relationship with her before she had the baby, making her underage at the time
2. They had a relationship between the time of the baby's birth and Karlie leaving, so between 2006 and 2008

Either way it appears he had to have been having an affair in order to have any relationship with Karlie.

Was this the reason she left town? Seems VERY dodgy. Interestingly the court ruled out any information about what caused the breakup of Darren Ashley's marriage in 2012.

I had a quick read of the Austlii R V Ashley case that a previous poster mentioned. This case concerns the murder of Darren Ashley's wife. This sentence stood out:

Khandalyse was born in 2006 when Karlie was only 18. So at what point exactly did the relationship between Karlie and this man occur? I can only surmise two scenarios:
1. He had a relationship with her before she had the baby, making her underage at the time
2. They had a relationship between the time of the baby's birth and Karlie leaving, so between 2006 and 2008

Either way it appears he had to have been having an affair in order to have any relationship with Karlie.

Was this the reason she left town? Seems VERY dodgy. Interestingly the court ruled out any information about what caused the breakup of Darren Ashley's marriage in 2012.

I don't think we should make any assumptions about affairs. The marriage between Darren Ashley and his wife may have been on again/ off again.

I wonder if it's just coincidence that there where fires in the area at both locations in 2010.

I am wondering if there is a detail with both murders that makes them significant to other cases? As the LE have said that they won't reveal the cause of death as it is a detail that only the killer would know. This strikes me to mean something.

Candles case had straps around the outside. and a strap over the top? I wish I had watermarked each case now. Ok, the one on the right is Kustoms image. I need to find the media image.
The sheet that was found also.
wynarka-sheet.jpgwynarka-sheet1.jpgcase-wynarka.jpgcase-kustom.jpg

Crikey!! thats a suitcase if ever ive seen one. Have you informed the police? It may still be there. That location is 500 metres from the location where Khandalyce was found. Your object was definately not there in the 2010 google snap either.

View attachment 83305View attachment 83306

https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-35...4!1s6Qq3MFF22BmMLqIcaNMGHA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Sorry, a few pages behind here as usual, and someone may have already mentioned this ... but those same google images of the dark black object were discussed quite a bit in earlier threads. I believe it was also decided that the object could have been a black recycling crate/box which seem to be used in that area. There were other photos of the same crates out for collection on bin day in Wynarka. I'm terrible at searching back through threads for specific posts, but someone else may be able to recall that discussion and be able to link back to it.

MOD ALERT: There is no indication that Darren Ashley is involved in the murders of Karlie and Khandalyce and nor are the family members of Darren Ashley. DO NOT post information about his family members.

Sorry, a few pages behind here as usual, and someone may have already mentioned this ... but those same google images of the dark black object were discussed quite a bit in earlier threads. I believe it was also decided that the object could have been a black recycling crate/box which seem to be used in that area. There were other photos of the same crates out for collection on bin day in Wynarka. I'm terrible at searching back through threads for specific posts, but someone else may be able to recall that discussion and be able to link back to it.

I'm on it castwhiskers.

Is this the style of crate? Trying to find one? What if the crate was used to hold Candles body in while it deteriorated, prior the suitcase? What if candles was wrapped in a white plastic sheet in a black crate prior to suitcase status?
The Preye image does look like it has the zipper line, but does lack handles.
p_342.jpg

www.iconshut.com

unless there was a valid reason he couldn't pay..eg unemployed or in jail?????
Doesn't matter if he pays or not, so long as she makes a reasonable attempt to claim through the appropriate channels.

Why can't we pinpoint exactly when Karlie Left???...

Wasn't there a post and Link that said she was still playing netball in Darwin in 2008??

I'm confused...some articles say that police think she was killed around December 2008...

So what is it??? Can anyone clarify...

Sounds like she may have just taken off for a bit (month or a few) before she was killed......???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth