AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great post Wozzie!
I agree it is quite conceivable that Karlie was helping HP out after the tragedy.

No, the account is just in my name but with 2 cards.
It's my name on both cards and to me they appear identical.
They are both debit cards, not credit.

I wasn't doubting you SA I just assumed it must have been a joint account when you said your husband.

I wasn't doubting you SA I just assumed it must have been a joint account when you said your husband.

LOL. I didn't think you were doubting me :)
I am just not sure if it is common for people to have more than one card for the same account and whether it is possible Karlie did?

What if there's a handycard and a debit mastercard linked to the one account ? That might explain the transactions in all directions .

I work in a bank and in the past when you turned 18 you could apply for the debitmastercard. ( it's recently changed to 16) The handycard was possibly not expired . Presto two valid cards .

The police could easily get this information from the bank.

edited to say Opps should have read the last page before replying . It's not common to have two cards in one name linked to the one account . Actually it can't be done where I work unless it's in the handycard debit card situation I posted earlier .

Thanks Anonamouse.
I can't even remember when I got the second card but it's many years ago now and replacement cards just appear in the post when one or the other expires.
But if, as you say, it's not common, then we can probably scrap that idea of Karlie having 2 cards.
She may have had both a debit and a visa card on the one account, as you say, but if so, they would certainly show as different cards on her bank records and the police would realise that.
Back to the drawing board then....

Thanks Anonamouse.
I can't even remember when I got the second card but it's many years ago now and replacement cards just appear in the post when one or the other expires.
But if, as you say, it's not common, then we can probably scrap that idea of Karlie having 2 cards.
She may have had both a debit and a visa card on the one account, as you say, but if so, they would certainly show as different cards on her bank records and the police would realise that.
Back to the drawing board then....

Actually no if you use a handycard or debit MasterCard that's linked to the one account it does not show up any different on the statement if you do a pin and card transaction . You'd have to look back end to see which card was used where .

I think you are onto something re having two cards . But it could be the handycard and the debitmastercard / or debit visa ( depends on the bank which facility they use ) option .

At this point we don't know what was purchased using Karlie's card at Strandbags, Mt Gambier.
It seems logical that it may be THE suitcase, but we just don't know.
We also don't know who used the card to purchase whatever it was.

"The card transactions show long distance travel in all directions, even after Karlies suspected murder."
I wonder if there was more than one card attached to the account.
I have 2 cards for one of my own bank accounts, one that I use and one that my husband has that he rarely uses. But just going by my bank statements I can't actually tell which card was used for any single transaction.
However, it may be that the bank can tell which card was used.
But my point is that if there were 2 cards it could reduce the extraordinary amount of travelling that seems to have been done.
All just supposition though.

My husband had the same thing until we turned it into a joint account. 2 cards with the same name on it. And on the statement you could see which card number for a transaction as the statement listed the card number used. If that makes sense.

Do you also find it odd that K and K were photographed in Marion Shopping Centre at some point in their travels between Alice Springs and Mt Gambier, but there are no card transactions there?
Perhaps police haven't released a complete list of all transactions?

I mentioned in a previous thread about the card being cloned, not sure if it's a problem in Oz, but in the UK, card cloning is unfortunately quite common and easy to do (apparently!) if you know how!

So I just started using the mobile version, or was rather forced to as it changed automatically -
I can bo longer "thank" posts and posts arent numbered, also I cant post photos - I went past the Wynarka spot the other day (mallee resident) and it has grown and photos been added. People are still maintaining it with new flowers and angels - its lovely

At the bottom of the page on the mobile version, you can change to 'Full Site'. Just click on those words in blue. To change back to the mobile version on the 'Full Site', go right down to the bottom of the page and click on the box on the left hand side that says 'Websleuths vB4 Default Style'. It will give you a drop down box and two options. Select the 'WS Mobile style', by clicking the radio button next to those words and voila.

It's lovely to hear people have made a beautiful shrine for Khandalyce. She, and Karlie, have touched many hearts. They remind us that there are young, vulnerable, single mothers and their children in our society that can do with a kind word and being valued and protected.

I agree with melsmemories that the primary motive for Karlie's murder was unlikely to have been financial.
However, I still have difficulty imagining her in a relationship with DH, other than as the partner of her friend, (as per Angeline's theory).
I wish there was some way to find out who travelled from Adelaide to Canberra via Mt Gambier.
Was it Karlie and Khandles only in the car, or was another person with them?
That's why I am so curious about the Mt Gambier transactions on her card.
I think, and please correct me if I am wrong, that many people assume that DH was with Karlie on that trip.
Is there any evidence that he was, as far as anyone knows?
And regardless of whether she was alone with just Khandles or whether DH was with her, what was the reason for going to Canberra?

What does is really matter about Mt Gambier and why does it matter who was in the car? Why do you need to know the reason for going to Canberra? This is all so irrelevant really isn't it? Two people have been horribly snatched from life and I am sure that SAPOL know the hows and whys of just about everything and need to get the evidence organized before laying further charges in these cases. MOO

No, the account is just in my name but with 2 cards.
It's my name on both cards and to me they appear identical.
They are both debit cards, not credit.

It is also quite possible that when the account details for for the card were updated by the female person in the wheelchair and a male. they could have requested an additional card on the account.

One of the curious things ( curious to me ) about the keycard is that the card itself seemed to travel around, and perhaps not with the person but by exchange of post.... he uses it, then someone else uses it far away, then he uses it again.. and this whole performance re the keycard appears to be done with agreement and consultation.. neither clears the account out, or closes it down , or secretes it, it has the air of co-operation about it.

Not long now, Mrs N.

Im wondering if she may have driven someone because they lost their license. They needed to go to canberra or mt gambier . Karlie may of been trying to help out

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

This link states that DH has ties to the ACT. So I'm guessing that DH asked/conned Karlie into driving him to Canberra as he didn't have a licence. I'm wondering what the reason for this trip was too???

http://www.smh.com.au/national/man-...f-karlie-pearcestevenson-20151028-gkl79o.html

I remembered some pages back (quite a few pages back, but I can't remember where) someone mentioned the possibility of geocaching where the suitcase was found.

I've attached a link to the geocaching Australia page, which seems to show geocaches along that route. I'm not very au fait with the way it's set up, but I think it's one team's various caches along the road. If that is the case, it would explain why the suitcase got rummaged through on a number of occasions!

If anyone on here has any geocaching experience, perhaps they may be able to give a more accurate idea.

http://geocaching.com.au/cache/ga6650.gmap

Oh, I forgot to ask ... does anyone have easy access to the long/lats for the position the suitcase was found? Crabby comes to mind.

I think KPS, DH, HP and yet to be named people were all involved in something very heavy and something went wrong for them, possibly KPS wanted to get herself and Khandles out of the whole scene?
Love triangles often go horribly wrong but I have a gut feeling there was way more going on here. All the interstate travelling with young kids and DH using aliases is not normal behaviour.

One of the curious things ( curious to me ) about the keycard is that the card itself seemed to travel around, and perhaps not with the person but by exchange of post.... he uses it, then someone else uses it far away, then he uses it again.. and this whole performance re the keycard appears to be done with agreement and consultation.. neither clears the account out, or closes it down , or secretes it, it has the air of co-operation about it.

Not long now, Mrs N.

I think this is the silence before the arrest over Khandalyce don't you?

Not long now, Mrs N.

I doubt that the post was used. Too risky and if it went missing, all is lost. All is lost, no more scamming. No, I think it travelled with the traveller/s, all the time. It was like gold and the door to treasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay