AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Putting Khandalyce's body in the suitcase. Huge mistake.. because of it being that suitcase, and not any other suitcase hanging around.

When the little body is put in it, the suitcase is around 5 weeks out of the shop .. its practically brand new ( police say 4 weeks after that transaction, adding a week on for police saying Khandalyce was murdered a 'short time' after ) ..

The Suit case is the only thing at that time that links Karlie with Khandalyce''s remains. Karlie bought it, on her keycard 4 weeks approx. before she was murdered. So either the killer doesn't know that the suitcase is , in fact, Karlie's , bought by her with electronic record, and thinks it belongs to someone else, or hasn't thought it thru as to whom , exactly , the suitcase is owned by , just goes ahead. Or doesn't care , either way , and has another plan.

Highly likely the suitcase was thought to be erased, along with it's contents, by Holdom, who understands the link between him, the body in the forest, and the body in the suitcase. It is a matter of who else understands that link. Certainly, the suitcase didn't spend 6 years on the side of the road, it spend those years somewhere safe, coolish, darkish, and dry... probably a bit fanciful to name South Australia as the driest state on the driest continent on earth ( bar Antarctica) ... but where ever that suitcase was it was not exposed to moisture at any time.

And perhaps it wasn't Khandalyce's body that did the travelling.. perhaps it was Karlie's body that travelled the long distance to Belanglo from South Australia..

Wow, you guys really took care of this case while I was on vacation! What an astonishing series of developments. I'm just...:tears::jawdrop::bombshell::confused::eek:hwow:

I may be wrong, but I thought the blood samples from the heel prick tests were destroyed after testing and not kept?

I think it is a certainty that when the news of that suitcase, and it's contents , were made public, Holdom absolutely and without doubt, knew exactly what suitcase, and what was in it, in regard to the bones. No doubt about it. Instantly.

What he may not have known ,was why Wynarka, why then, and precisely who dropped it there. But being in the situation he was at the time, he had no way of finding those things out. All he could do was wait and wait for the call from the warden to smarten up and get along to the interview room.

It would have been very risky for the suitcase dumper to contact Holdum , once it was found. Just in case of censors, or mail / phone surveillance.. . so no one could contact anyone, really. everyone just slowly orbits waiting for the axe to fall, or the world to end, or that familiar knock on the door... the knock that means business of the kind that allows no argument...

Can't read that PDF I'm on a tablet ��
that thought occurred to me also.

The reason why I found it puzzling that she was so tall for a 2 year old is I have a 5 year old son who can pass as a 2 year old he is so short yet my 2 year old is the same height with my husband being 6"4 everyone has said he is really small for having a daddy so tall.

My point is wouldn't khandalyce be more Karlie frame? Therefore she would be more on the bottom percentile not over the highest percentile. All imo

Putting Khandalyce's body in the suitcase. Huge mistake.. because of it being that suitcase, and not any other suitcase hanging around.

When the little body is put in it, the suitcase is around 5 weeks out of the shop .. its practically brand new ( police say 4 weeks after that transaction, adding a week on for police saying Khandalyce was murdered a 'short time' after ) ..

The Suit case is the only thing at that time that links Karlie with Khandalyce''s remains. Karlie bought it, on her keycard 4 weeks approx. before she was murdered. So either the killer doesn't know that the suitcase is , in fact, Karlie's , bought by her with electronic record, and thinks it belongs to someone else, or hasn't thought it thru as to whom , exactly , the suitcase is owned by , just goes ahead. Or doesn't care , either way , and has another plan.

Highly likely the suitcase was thought to be erased, along with it's contents, by Holdom, who understands the link between him, the body in the forest, and the body in the suitcase. It is a matter of who else understands that link. Certainly, the suitcase didn't spend 6 years on the side of the road, it spend those years somewhere safe, coolish, darkish, and dry... probably a bit fanciful to name South Australia as the driest state on the driest continent on earth ( bar Antarctica) ... but where ever that suitcase was it was not exposed to moisture at any time.

And perhaps it wasn't Khandalyce's body that did the travelling.. perhaps it was Karlie's body that travelled the long distance to Belanglo from South Australia..

It is quite extraordinary, isn't it?

The forensics stated that Khandalyce's body decomposed somewhere else, and was put into the suitcase later. " the bones themselves weren't bleached, so it didn't look like they have been out in the sun for a great period of time. They weren't dirty, so they didn't look like they had been buried" (see http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-22/forensic-team-searches-wynarka-suitcase-for-dna/6874714 for that detail).

So someone, somewhere, kept a suitcase full of children's clothing that, even prior to being left on the side of the road, probably didn't look worth hanging onto, for about 6 years.
That has always seemed unlikely to me, especially if they people concerned are semi-transient. Why cart around luggage you don't need or use?

Then later, someone, somewhere, removed he remains of Khandalyce from wherever they were kept "[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]out in the sun for a great period of time" and not buried.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Did they just randomly put the bones into that suitcase, not realising the clothes in it were Khandles'?[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I like your thought that it may have been Karlie's body that was transported such a long way, to ACT, to confuse the case by leaving her in Milat territory.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In that scenario then, we would be looking for an SA murder scene, maybe closer to Wynarka.

[/FONT]Could the murders have occurred on the way back from Canberra to Adelaide and the case of clothing and child's body been left at the murder scene for years but Karie's body moved back to the Canberra area.

Then, years later, since Karlie's body has never been identified, the killer thinks to clean up at the original site and just bundles up everything and leaves it on the roadside?

It takes a certain level of stupidity to do that, but it is certainly a possibility in this bizarre case.

I may be wrong, but I thought the blood samples from the heel prick tests were destroyed after testing and not kept?

Yes, that WA pamphlet (I think it was there) said they were kept for 2 years and then destroyed.
If so, it is just lucky some system was not operating correctly.

The reason why I found it puzzling that she was so tall for a 2 year old is I have a 5 year old son who can pass as a 2 year old he is so short yet my 2 year old is the same height with my husband being 6"4 everyone has said he is really small for having a daddy so tall.

My point is wouldn't khandalyce be more Karlie frame? Therefore she would be more on the bottom percentile not over the highest percentile. All imo

Maybe she was older when she died.
Can anyone help with a quote?
I remember the police saying Khandalyce died "some time later", but how long was that? Have they said?
Is there a chance she was alive for up to another year or so after Karlie's death?
I remember how hard the original forensics found it give a precise age of the bones and that they said the may be from a child as old as 5.
Could that explain the height anomaly?

It is quite extraordinary, isn't it?

The forensics stated that Khandalyce's body decomposed somewhere else, and was put into the suitcase later. " the bones themselves weren't bleached, so it didn't look like they have been out in the sun for a great period of time. They weren't dirty, so they didn't look like they had been buried" (see http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-22/forensic-team-searches-wynarka-suitcase-for-dna/6874714 for that detail).

So someone, somewhere, kept a suitcase full of children's clothing that, even prior to being left on the side of the road, probably didn't look worth hanging onto, for about 6 years.
That has always seemed unlikely to me, especially if they people concerned are semi-transient. Why cart around luggage you don't need or use?

Then later, someone, somewhere, removed he remains of Khandalyce from wherever they were kept "[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]out in the sun for a great period of time" and not buried.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Did they just randomly put the bones into that suitcase, not realising the clothes in it were Khandles'?[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I like your thought that it may have been Karlie's body that was transported such a long way, to ACT, to confuse the case by leaving her in Milat territory.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In that scenario then, we would be looking for an SA murder scene, maybe closer to Wynarka.

[/FONT]Could the murders have occurred on the way back from Canberra to Adelaide and the case of clothing and child's body been left at the murder scene for years but Karie's body moved back to the Canberra area.

Then, years later, since Karlie's body has never been identified, the killer thinks to clean up at the original site and just bundles up everything and leaves it on the roadside?

It takes a certain level of stupidity to do that, but it is certainly a possibility in this bizarre case.

I might have finally lost my marbles but for some reason "abandoned shearing shed" just popped into my mind. Anyone familiar with the area know if wynarka and surrounds is wool country?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not really . We dont know the size of khandalyce's father etc . While genetics plays a role its not usually the only deciding factor . My father and mum were both short . My brother is 6 ft 7 he takes after my grandfather

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I might have finally lost my marbles but for some reason "abandoned shearing shed" just popped into my mind. Anyone familiar with the area know if wynarka and surrounds is wool country?

Yes and yes. Lots around the Mallee region.
Back before the remains were identified there was a lot of discussion on these threads about possible old sheds in the area and other abandoned buildings.
The police specifically focused on that idea because initially they said they believed the then unidentified child was from the area.
I have wondered why they thought that back then at the begining of the investigation.
People here postulated that spores or soil samples found with the remains may have indicated the child was local.
However, these thoughts do bring up the possibility that both the remai s and the case actually were around the Wynarka region for several years..

Yes and yes. Lots around the Mallee region.
Back before the remains were identified there was a lot of discussion on these threads about possible old sheds in the area and other abandoned buildings.
The police specifically focused on that idea because initially they said they believed the then unidentified child was from the area.
I have wondered why they thought that back then at the begining of the investigation.
People here postulated that spores or soil samples found with the remains may have indicated the child was local.
However, these thoughts do bring up the possibility that both the remai s and the case actually were around the Wynarka region for several years..

Obviously the suitcase could have been anywhere in Australia prior to Wynarka.

I know I probably sound like a broken record or covering old ground but the murdered child in a suitcase left on the side of the road situation still has me totally stumped. Maybe it's a good thing that I can't fathom the actions of other deranged sub-humans! Wonder if we will ever know or if the trail will end with DH prosecution.

Ok something has been really bugging me. In the report saying khandalyce was between 90-95 cm tall. For a 2 year old that's quite tall. Being that her mum was quite petite imo I would say so would khandalyce. So maybe she was quite older then 2years old when she died.

http://www.education.vic.gov.au/Documents/childhood/parents/mch/mchgrowthgirl24mths.pdf

This is a good point... My son is almost 4 and measuring just on 97cm.
She may well have been older than 2 when she died 🙁

This is a good point... My son is almost 4 and measuring just on 97cm.
She may well have been older than 2 when she died [emoji853]

If we ever get to a trial I think this could be something that could cause some doubt... Obviously dependent on what happened and when according to prosecutors.

Ok, it's Australian Women's Weekly (I know, I know) but this is strange:

http://www.aww.com.au/latest-news/n...ht-with-funds-from-mothers-bank-account-22994

"Detectives have revealed that the suitcase that murdered toddler Khandalyce Pearce's body was found in was bought with funds from her mother’s bank account, after she was killed."

Do they mean after Khandalyce was killed? I ask because in the next but one paragraph they write "
Hundreds of withdrawals and purchases were made between 2008 and 2012, however the one from the Mount Gambier luggage store was made just weeks before Karlie Pearce-Stevenson was allegedly killed in December 2008, The Australian reports."

Or is it just sloppy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member