AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You might be right Kyja...

I haven't been able to find that Dora shirt .. it looks like an imitation as it's missing the arrow with "the" and she's not in the typical pink shirt orange pants purple backpack combo.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

I'm starting to doubt these eyewitness who saw the stranger dragging the suitcase. How often do people come forward after a discovery like this and in the end it turns out to be completely unrelated. What if the suitcase was actually thrown out of a moving vehicle or even a truck at night?
Maybe the two women just had the day they seen him wrong. If they walk regularly it would be difficult to work out exactly what day 6 weeks or so prior they seen him as opposed to the motorist that passed him. Maybe the motorist can pin down an exact day due to passing through there for work or a holiday or something similar.

To me it seems the clothes are likely from another, non english speaking country. The Dora shirt is a knockoff, probably from China or similar. Same thing with the shorts.

It could all have been bought or stolen from an op shop. When those bins overflow, you can get a bit of everything. I can say that my daughter had a furry jacket almost the same as that one, about 8-9 years ago.

There are so many factors at play here. Perhaps the child is a result of a kidnapped mother (born and died I a basement somewhere). We may never know its origin. This is reminding me of that "boy in a box" case [emoji31]

A male witness has told Major Crime detectives he found the suitcase just after the road was resurfaced in late March.

Police have today released images of another five items of clothing recovered from the crime scene and have also revealed the child’s skeletal remains may have been in bushes on the side of the highway, near Wynarka, in the Murray Mallee, for up to four months.

A male witness has told Major Crime detectives he found the suitcase just after the road was resurfaced in late March.

He said he found the suitcase behind low bushes a short distance from the road shoulder — and then dragged it several metres closer to further inspect its contents.

Detectives believe that initial location is precisely where another man found the remains concealed among distinctive children’s clothing.

Major Crime officer-in-charge Detective Superintendent Des Bray said the man has told police he “found a suitcase behind a bush’’ and had dragged it out and inspected it.

He did not see the skeletal remains among the clothing where he first found the suitcase.

http://mobile.news.com.au/national/...shes-since-march/story-fnii5yv4-1227447492630

I wonder if the clothing was purely used to cushion the skeleton and don't actually belong to the child at all. Although they seem to be all girls clothes they seem to be from varied times. That style of fluffy girls jackets were quite popular around 10-15 years ago and the dora shirt looks nothing like the modern dora if you compare them. Yet the police have said some of the other clothes were sold in the last couple of years at Kmart. Doesn't really add up!

I think you might be onto something here.

Det-Supt Bray said police believed they knew how the child was killed but had no motive although several lines of inquiry were being followed based on undisclosed material found in the suitcase. He said that the child had been murdered elsewhere, but the exact time frame was still unknown.

This undisclosed material found in the suitcase does not sound like clothing. imo
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...hes-since-march/story-fni6uo1m-1227447492630?

This is the line that caught my eye: “The child may have been dead for a very, very long time,’’ Det-Supt Bray said.
Really hoping they are able to identify this little person through dna. If the remains are very old then there's numerous missing kids cases they will have to check Australia wide, this could take a very long time I'd imagine [emoji17]

From the article linked above:
Det-Supt Bray said police believed they knew how the child was killed but had no motive although several lines of inquiry were being followed based on undisclosed material found in the suitcase. He said that the child had been murdered elsewhere, but the exact time frame was still unknown.

So the cause of death seems to be visible on the skeletal remains :( and for the first time we are hearing that they have what sounds like a complete skeleton.
Also am I reading correctly and gathering that at least one new witness has come forward and admitted to moving the suitcase even earlier than the witness who admitted to waiting until the next day to report to police? Whoever these witnesses are, good on them for putting their own fears about being implicated aside and stepping forward now to help establish a clearer timeline. I'm thinking there would be others who also had a sticky beak at the suitcase too, possibly without noticing the remains, as they could have been put off by the poor condition of the clothes and decided not to delve too deep into the contents.
So sad for this poor little child :(

Am I wrong in thinking that here in Australia we don't really have a centralised register of all known missing persons? Maybe police do, but is there one that the public can access?

I know about the Australian Missing Persons Register (via it's facebook page of the same name) but it's my understanding that this is the project of an individual on a mission! She does a wonderful job, but I don't know if she has any input from police or access to complete records of all missing persons?

I wonder if they could do that test (isotope?) that can give some indication of where the child lived. I follow the Smurfette case and forensics was able to determine that she had spent time in Dallas, I think, through a chemical analysis. But perhaps the remains of this little one are too degraded.

I wonder if Williams case has shaken the paedophile tree in Australia up? I wonder if this little one
is a victim like we think William is......maybe we will see more activities as bazaar as this !

Much more likely to be a family involved since there is no missing child that fits, in my opinion.

There are very very few missing children in Australia - maybe this child has not been reported

Am I wrong in thinking that here in Australia we don't really have a centralised register of all known missing persons? Maybe police do, but is there one that the public can access?

I know about the Australian Missing Persons Register (via it's facebook page of the same name) but it's my understanding that this is the project of an individual on a mission! She does a wonderful job, but I don't know if she has any input from police or access to complete records of all missing persons?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centinel