AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to say that I feel we have been conned by all these fictional characters like "Bones" who seem to be able to pick up a skull or pelvis and indicate straight away whether or not it is from a male or female. Hope nobody is offended as I'm not making light of the subject at all - but the male/female identification seems to taking a long time doesn't it?

I could be wrong, but I have always been under the impression that identifying gender was scientifically a much simpler process than obtaining and processing dna. I'm thinking about old cases when gender and blood type seemed to be identified fairly quickly - though maybe in the case of skeletal remains it is much harder to extract the material needed for even that kind of testing??

Re post: 187. It doesn't look like a backpack at all to me, it looks like a wide brimmed straw hat with green lining under the brim, that's being held upside down. Something like this: http://www.newcastlehats.com.au/Imp...sCsid=a1t88u2fqksruhmev1ldmg8h00#.Vasoi7epneM

They're pretty common and I think you can see through to the holes in the top of the hat where you head sites and the draw string.

Apologies if that has already been suggested, I didn't get to the end of the thread before commenting, oops.

Much more likely to be a family involved since there is no missing child that fits, in my opinion.
While there's no way to be exactly 100% sure at this stage (because humans aren't robots and are only somewhat predictable), it's quite unlikely that the person (or people) who disposed of this little angel is in any way emotionally attached to him/her. If it were a family member, it's much more likely the remains would have been disposed with a little more respect than just dumped alongside a highway.
Having said that, it's possible it was a family member if the area in question has some significance to the person who dumped the remains (how long has the highway been there. What was located there prior to the highway being built?) or the person could have mental issues of some sort.
I'm just guessing based on the very limited info we all have access to, but I'm thinking the possibility of a paedophile ring is strong. Also, because of the callousness and brazenness of the disposal (assuming there's anything in the spottings of the man carrying the suitcase), the child might not even be an Aussie kid, but a child smuggled in after being traded from overseas, hence the dumper seeming unconcerned by the possibility of the case being found. All MOO though.

ETA: Just wanted to say I'm not picking on your post in particular Karo - yours was just the most convenient post to launch from :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i am not 100% about when dora the explorer started to be shown in TV here in oz and clothing was sold...maybe six or seven years ago?
my daughter is 16 now and when she was 4 i bought her a very similar coat to the one shown in the pictures, it was from kmart
the clothing seems to belong to a little girl not a boy but i might be jumping the gun a bit here

Wonder how old do they mean when they say very very old.

To me it's beginning to sound like the clothes are a lot younger than the remains

I am thinking that the body had well decomposed to a skeleton otherwise people rummaging in the suitcase would have noticed the body and or the smell .
So therefore if it was a skeleton it might be from year or years ? - but I am assuming that the child was killed then put in the suitcasee.

The murder was violent and police could tell from the bones - so fractures ?

body would have had to been hidden somewhere during the period of the murder to the dumping - so it was buried and for some reason dug up placed in the suitcase and dumped .

The children's clothing suggest - As I said before -the person who did this might have other children .

As for the suggestion that not a close member of family or they would not have dumped the body with little regard - I disagree.

Firstly this person killed the child ( and we know it is mostly people who know the children who kill)

Secondly there are recent examples of family members killing and dumping children's bodies in suitcases,

. The stains, imo, point to decomposition fluids. That doesn't match up with the idea that the body may have been placed in the suitcase after the murder though.

I wonder if some of the blackness is mould. Also if there's some running of dyes between garments.
RSBM. I believe it's black mould (stachybotrys), which is very frequently found on decomposing organic material that hasn't had a lot of exposure to air or sunlight. To me, this indicates the remains and clothing were all in the suitcase during the decomposition process (or in another enclosed area, then later moved to the suitcase after the decomposition process). So sad :-(.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i am not 100% about when dora the explorer started to be shown in TV here in oz and clothing was sold...maybe six or seven years ago?
my daughter is 16 now and when she was 4 i bought her a very similar coat to the one shown in the pictures, it was from kmart
the clothing seems to belong to a little girl not a boy but i might be jumping the gun a bit here

My first thought would be girls clothing, means its a girl, but the person who did this may want everyone to think its a girl so put the girls clothing in there.

I think that is very possibly - except some of the clothes look quite good condition - assuming that police are not showing all the clothes ( obviously ones closer to the body in worse condition)

I am thinking that the person who did this lived isolated or others living there knew what has happened - ie the decomposing smell.

I wonder what else is in the suitcase ? Any paper , toys , tags , recipes , books

Or maybe the clothes are not the child's clothes but other children in the family and parent doing a sort out of old clothes ??

I am sure police will talk to train drivers who drive this line to see if they noticed anything.... There are also lots of photos about of the area from train spotters..

looked to me like he was bagging it as potential evidence

I think either the hat may have belonged to the person who found the body (if you just found a body you'd be in shock so you might leave anything behind) but it could even belong to the policeman searching. He might just be holding it while he is working or he might be using it to obscure what he is bagging up from the camera. But I'm only looking on my small phone so just a guess.

I think this child was killed, then placed in the suitcase, stored for awhile & then when it came time to move the suitcase, someone opened it to throw in the clothing. I don't see how someone could fit clothing in with a child unless the child's remains were decomposed.

Also, the new photos (Dora tshirt, pink fluffy jacket) make me more convinced that the clothes were in the suitcase with the body. The stains, imo, point to decomposition fluids. That doesn't match up with the idea that the body may have been placed in the suitcase after the murder though.

Another place where bones could have come from is a graveyard or cemetary.
It was only the idea of them being very very old that made me think of this.
Probably way out there :eek:

While there's no way to be exactly 100% sure at this stage (because humans aren't robots and are only somewhat predictable), it's quite unlikely that the person (or people) who disposed of this little angel is in any way emotionally attached to him/her. If it were a family member, it's much more likely the remains would have been disposed with a little more respect than just dumped alongside a highway.
Having said that, it's possible it was a family member if the area in question has some significance to the person who dumped the remains (how long has the highway been there. What was located there prior to the highway being built?) or the person could have mental issues of some sort.
What about it being a family member who was not emotionally attached to the child? A stepfather who participated in the murder? What about a negative emotional attachment (if there is such a thing)--a family member who hated her or him? Do you think either of those are unlikely given the manner of disposal?

this is the site I've been perusing - Australian Federal Police:

http://www.missingpersons.gov.au/

Am I wrong in thinking that here in Australia we don't really have a centralised register of all known missing persons? Maybe police do, but is there one that the public can access?

I know about the Australian Missing Persons Register (via it's facebook page of the same name) but it's my understanding that this is the project of an individual on a mission! She does a wonderful job, but I don't know if she has any input from police or access to complete records of all missing persons?

If anyone took anything from the suitcase I would imagine they might be too scared or embarrassed to come forward.
If there was a place where they could anonymously leave what they had taken I wonder if any more items would turn up ?

I suppose the women who said they saw a man with a suitcase would be subject to investigation? You'd want to check they weren't putting forth a story to distract from their menfolk, say. Perhaps under compulsion. I'm not saying it would be an intelligent thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centinel