AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Det-Supt Bray said it was “more likely than not” that the little girl was never reported missing to authorities.
He said police believed some of the quilt fabric — coloured musical notes — was manufactured in New York in about 2008.

“The quilt is really important to the investigation,” he said.

“If we can find out who that quilt was given to or whether it ended up in an op-shop that will take us back to a geographical area.”
He said 55 calls had been made to Crime Stoppers about the quilt since police released its image to the Sunday Mail.

“We’ve had about 280 Crime Stopper calls being received in South Australia and across the country,” he said.

“I guess in terms of recent cases that’s unprecedented the number of calls we’re getting.”

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...made-in-new-york/story-fni6uo1m-1227457660344

I find it impossible to believe that nobody would know that quilt. Someone has to come forward, surely.

Quilts are a lot of work and if you made it you would surely remember it! Even if it was back in 2007!

Hello all, just joining thread now. I've been keenly following this story, from initially thinking it might be William, to the hair seeming to point to MM.

However, I've had another idea, a bit out of left field, forgive me if this has been mentioned before...I've gone through the recent threads and can't see it.

Anyway, what if this poor child was a member of the "Colt family" - the family discovered in southern NSW who had lived away from society with intergenerational incest? According to Google maps, the town where the family most recently lived is 964km from Wynarka, a ten hour drive, but the family moved between states and although the adults living at the recent camp were taken into custody there are relatives living interstate. I'm looking to see where they were in 2007-2008.

Special news feature on the Colt family - a warning it is very harsh and upsetting stuff.

A family that commits that level of sex abuse (and animal torture) could be possibly capable of murder, and there were children born in the family who were so badly affected by the genetic deformities caused by inbreeding, they did not survive.

Horrific stuff. Just an idea I had.

Welcome Liora. I think anything is possible with this case at the moment. Some of our sleuthers have suggested the Colt family and I'm sure the police would be investigating anything and everything. The Colt family case to truly horrific and I hope our little Angel wasn't part of that horror. I've decided I'm going to call her Angel, not bones, skeleton or remains.

Hello all, just joining thread now. I've been keenly following this story, from initially thinking it might be William, to the hair seeming to point to MM.

However, I've had another idea, a bit out of left field, forgive me if this has been mentioned before...I've gone through the recent threads and can't see it.

Anyway, what if this poor child was a member of the "Colt family" - the family discovered in southern NSW who had lived away from society with intergenerational incest? According to Google maps, the town where the family most recently lived is 964km from Wynarka, a ten hour drive, but the family moved between states and although the adults living at the recent camp were taken into custody there are relatives living interstate. I'm looking to see where they were in 2007-2008.

Special news feature on the Colt family - a warning it is very harsh and upsetting stuff.

A family that commits that level of sex abuse (and animal torture) could be possibly capable of murder, and there were children born in the family who were so badly affected by the genetic deformities caused by inbreeding, they did not survive.

I thought of the Colts at first too. Nothing would surprise me.

7News Yahoo7 retweetete
Stacey Lee ‏@Staceylee_ 9 Min.Vor 9 Minuten Übersetzung anzeigen
Police say they've had over 50 calls with info since releasing images of a quilt found near young girls remains in #Wynarka @7NewsAdelaide

I find it impossible to believe that nobody would know that quilt. Someone has to come forward, surely.

Quilts are a lot of work and if you made it you would surely remember it! Even if it was back in 2007!

If it is an alphabet quilt, someone took the time to find fabric samples for each letter of the alphabet, that took time & dedication.

I thought of the Colts at first too. Nothing would surprise me.

Sorry about the crazy delayed double post. - I'm having trouble posting tonight and I can't edit!

Anyway.

The quilt was on one of the 5pm news bulletins (as a scrolling teaser) in NSW but I can't remember which one it was. I saw it when I was at the gym but I'm not talented enough to work out and post at the same time haha. I had to wait until I was home and showered to get online.

Doe Network, a database of missing and unidentified from around the world. We also have a forum where we discuss potential matches to send to law enforcement, I was on that for a few years but had to quit with university, work and a small child, but I still act as area director (AD), keeping cases up to date and sending potential leads to the authorities http://www.doenetwork.org/

Thank you. :)
I did Google but all that I could find was The Department Of Education and I knew it wasn't that !

The maker could be dead.

Possibly, but it isn't uncommon for some little girls to wear these kinds of dresses...it could have been a party dress :(. Some girls will even wear similar dresses to go to preschool, simply because they love to dress up.

Somebody is selling the same kind of dress in different colours on ebay.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/EsgAAOSwHnFVoSmL/$_57.JPG

It's so tragic that this little girl's life was cut short. I hope they can identify her and find and convict the person/s responsible.

I guess because of the mannequin I thought it was a tutu and dress but maybe it's just an example and it was an actual dress. Makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had heard of Doe but I thought it was only for people missing in the US.

It certainly looks like an ___ska, but I've never seen a label with "made in Alaska".
The 3 pair of shorts are all the same cut, possibly a 3 pack.

This link has a lot of photos, article dated 7/25
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3174755/Pictured-tattered-handmade-quilt-police-believe-identify-murdered-little-girl-skeleton-road-suitcase.html#ixzz3gxoK68Wx

Does it perhaps say Made in Naruka? (That's in India, and I think there is a fabric manufacturing industry there.)

Hopes quilt could solve SA child murder

Police released images of the badly degraded, colourful quilt on Sunday, hoping it would help them identify the little girl who is believed to be aged between two-and-a-half and four, had fair hair and could have died up to eight years ago.

"Now, it's possible the person who originally had the quilt given to them, or that family, may have moved on with their lives and given the quilt to somebody else.

"The quilt may have ended up in an op shop or similar, and it could have been given to somebody else, but even if that's occurred, it's extremely distinctive and it's impossible to believe that somebody doesn't know who had that quilt."

If the quilt was picked up from an op shop, the location of the op shop could give police vital clues on the location of the killer, Supt Bray said.

Quilting associations have assisted police, Supt Bray said.

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2015/07/26/10/30/quilt-a-new-clue-in-sa-child-in-suitcase

6:16 = Supt Des Bray interview.
Referring to little Angel and pointing to the mannequin.

"Somebody must remember that.
Somebody made that.
That's not the exact brand.
We had it recreated to the same specifications to what she was wearing.
Very distinctive cloths."

Is he referring to the person that made the outfit for the mannequin?
Or the person that made the actual outfit.
I wonder if they know the brand?

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...made-in-new-york/story-fni6uo1m-1227457660344

As someone who has made and sold a lot of dance costumes and baby bedding I never forget a peice I've made. Years later I still see trolley covers ive sewn that have been passed down to younger siblings or even sold on at garage sales etc. If someone made it I bet if they see it they will know :) I also never put any sort of branding mark on my goods :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member