AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The 'suitcase man' is certainly a mystery. If he was just some guy going about his business and had nothing to do with Angel's murder or the dumping of her body, you'd think he would've come forward by now. I've also wondered if he is also laying out there in the scrub somewhere, having taken his own life.

What is most puzzling is that there is very little public transport in and out of Wynarka. The nearest passenger railway station is at Rabila, 37 km away. The Loxton line only carries grain and is threatened with closure later this year.

There is a weekly bus service in and out of Wynarka only on a Friday. Apparently a booking is required to be picked up or dropped off at Wynarka.

The suitcase man was apparently seen on 13 April and again on 26 May, neither of which were a Friday. The 13 April was a Monday and the 26 May was a Tuesday. So did he hitch a ride, drive himself there and conceal his car or was he driven there and picked up by someone else? None of it makes sense. To be seen in the same vicinity twice within a few weeks indicates to me that he knows someone in the area or he has a property there.

Wynarka%20Bus%20TT_zpshywklces.jpg

http://linksa.com.au/

yes, maybe this man didnt care who saw him with the suitcase because he wanted it found and his plan was to take his own life, he could very well be still in the area. im wondering what the significance of wynarka is to drop the suitcase though, did the child come from there, is that where he first saw her and picked her up, is he originally from there?

Is that the same fabric?
I can't be certain that the one I saw in spotlight is an exact match for the one in the quilt, sometimes fabrics can have the original design in several less expensive ranges and just the quality is different etc.
The quilt looks like a commonly used design for lap quilts, just the right size for a cuddle blankie or tv watching etc. Regardless it had to have cost at least $30 in fabrics and maybe as much as $50
For anyone of a medium sewing level perhaps around 100 hours to make although it does say machine stitched, so I suppose that means machine quilted.

Unless the maker has sadly passed (due to natural causes). But surely family would know if an elderly loved one was a quilter and might make the connection? Just thinking out loud.

I find it impossible to believe that nobody would know that quilt. Someone has to come forward, surely.

Quilts are a lot of work and if you made it you would surely remember it! Even if it was back in 2007!

I realize it's smaller than the standard size (that's why I was trying to figure out the size) ... being hand-made means nothing IMO because it could have come from a thrift shop or be a hand-me-down or even this little girl's when she was a baby but a 2-4 year old carrying a small blankie? they usually outgrow that when they're mobile along with the pacifier

I dunno. Lots of kids don't give them up until they're ready for kindergarten, at least in the States. In fact, two to four is the prime age for having a favorite blanket that they won't give up.

I realize it's smaller than the standard size (that's why I was trying to figure out the size) ... being hand-made means nothing IMO because it could have come from a thrift shop or be a hand-me-down or even this little girl's when she was a baby but a 2-4 year old carrying a small blankie? they usually outgrow that when they're mobile along with the pacifier

My 5 year old still has her "blankie" from her cot to fall asleep with. She latched onto it when she was 2 after stress/upheaval in our community (bushfire). She finds so much comfort with it that we can travel and stay/sleep in different beds each night without a peep from her as she has her security clutched in her little hand. I suppose she will grow out of it soon and she only uses it for bed - but for now we make the most of it as we all value our sleep especially when travelling and being on the "road" for 4-5 days at a time.

I dunno. Lots of kids don't give them up until they're ready for kindergarten, at least in the States. In fact, two to four is the prime age for having a favorite blanket that they won't give up.
My 8 year old boy still sleeps with his!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I was surprised by how big the suitcase (used for the display in the most recent police press release) looked standing side by side with the mannequin. I doubt the police would have used the wrong sized case, so now I can see that everything probably would have actually fit into the suitcase.
Interesting too that we were told that the case was originally kind of suspended in a bush as though it had been hastily tossed there, rather than carefully hidden at first.
I thought that last press conference was loaded with good information and that makes me feel as though those on the case are on the right track :crossfingers:

so the suitcase wasn't a 40cm carry-on. I was wondering how it all managed to fit in. Witnesses did say it was weighted so maybe there's more clothing etc to appear yet.

The musical notes are not the same..the found quilt notes are thicker-your material is brighter with thinner notes and have lines at attached to the top.

My 8 year old boy still sleeps with his!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

My middle son, who's 30, still has the tatters and remains of his. He doesn't use it or anything, but he hasn't thrown it out, either. :D

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-07-26/quilt-clue-to-child-bones-murder-victim-wynarka/6648582

Hi guys, above is the latest from ABC which I am sure a lot of you would have already seen, I do apologize for what I am about to bring up now if you have already discussed it as I haven't read through the thread for a couple of days...

But in the article it says that the suitcase was put there since mid March, didn't they say about a week ago that someone had confirmed that they HAD seen the suitcase about the end of March??? So I am wondering then if this is so, wouldn't it rule out the guy with the suitcase if he was seen April and May???

I gather they are covering all bases. One thing is for sure is that if this guy has nothing to do with it, you would certainly think he would have come forward by now to clear himself as it has been all over the media, so there is a strong chance he would know that the authorities want to speak to him.

I also think that if it was from some organized paedophile gang he wouldn't be walking around with a victim in a suitcase and then dumping it on the side of the road....they'd be a bit more professional than that.

I really think it is some form of family situation and something has happened to cause a change of situation and ensuing panic to get rid of the remains...... maybe it is a case of remains being discovered by someone,, a grandad or similar and wanting her to be found......

I too don't think it is MM but you know what nothing would surprise me in this day and age any more.....

I also want to add that someone yesterday put on here that it was mentioned that the quilt is the type that is given to mothers in distress.....this has been mentioned a couple of times here on social media in Townsville as well... Womens shelters are known to have packs that include this type of thing that are made by volunteers..... My mother makes these quilts and donates them, she has also donated quite a few to our hospital here for the childrens ward. I bet that is why they are contacting the quilting groups, to see if someone can remember making this and where it may have been donated to.... ok that's me caught up, of to do the housework and keep my ears opened to any more news..... have a nice day all those in AUstralia, and hope those elsewhere are maybe having a good nights sleep???

Hey fellow North Queenslander!!
I am in agreeance with you. I think its highly possible suitcase man is a red herring and this is likely a case of emergency disposal.... someone got close to discovery or someone is covering for a loved one.

I would say 2-4 is the prime age for a comfortor! My 3 and a half would be lost with out hers

Superintendent Des Bray spoke on local radio here in Adelaide this morning here is a link to what he had to say.

“We do know the cause of death, but we’re not releasing the details of the cause of death, except that the little girl died in horrible and terrible circumstances,” Detective Superintendent Des Bray told David, Mark and Jane on FIVEaa Breakfast.

Mr Bray said it was a “difficult case” and keeping the information to themselves may help identify the killer.

He also said a distinctive quilt found at the scene could hold the key to solving the case.
- See more at: http://www.fiveaa.com.au/shows/davi...-known-but-not-disclosed#sthash.5X0kabLa.dpuf

POLICE Commissioner Grant Stevens has dismissed speculation on the identity of a child whose remains were found on the side of a highway.

Mr Stevens said that “clearly we’re looking at tragic circumstances here”.

“There is absolutely no evidence at this point in time that the child is Madeleine McCann… to suggest something like that at this point in time would purely be speculating to get attention,” he said.

“We are focusing our inquiries on South Australia but we would be considering any potential missing child. Until we ascertain the identity of the child we need to be open to all possibilities.”

http://m.adelaidenow.com.au/news/so...made-in-new-york/story-fni6uo1m-1227457660344

just saw this photo clip taken off sbs news on fb this site https://www.facebook.com/pages/Child-Found-Karoonda-Highway-SA/898763036862168

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=672589349537893&set=p.672589349537893&type=1&theater

not sure how to copy it here but hopefully the photo link above works, if not, its a police photo of an officer putting something into a paper bag, looks like a soft toy or maybe small dog skeleton? i havent seen this photo before but apparantly it was shown on sbs news

IMO when the police find a suspect, they should (and probably will) definitely check out what was going on in that person's life 3 - 4 months ago. Did they recently move to a new home? They could have decided it was too risky to take the remains with them. Was there a death in the family? It's possible that the killer/caregiver passed away or was put in jail for a separate crime, the family found the bones while cleaning out that person's home, and decided to cover it up. Were they being investigated by LE for different crimes around that time? Maybe they knew they were under police scrutiny and a search of the home was very possible.

If they have an idea of when the suitcase ended up next to the road, it might be worth checking any local deaths around that time. Maybe someone died and family members discovered the suitcase and were afraid to come forward (either for legal reasons or because they didn't want to be associated with such a thing.) Also property transfers in that time frame.

Regarding the man with the suitcase - could he be some sort of salesman using the suitcase to haul his samples/sale merchandise? If it was a case where he wasn't entirely on the up and up (stolen or bootleg merchandise?) he might not go to the police.

:laughing: he probably does not want to know that you just told people that LOL

My middle son, who's 30, still has the tatters and remains of his. He doesn't use it or anything, but he hasn't thrown it out, either. :D

is that blood I see on a white/beige fabric stuffed doggie? :(

just saw this photo clip taken off sbs news on fb this site https://www.facebook.com/pages/Child-Found-Karoonda-Highway-SA/898763036862168

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=672589349537893&set=p.672589349537893&type=1&theater

not sure how to copy it here but hopefully the photo link above works, if not, its a police photo of an officer putting something into a paper bag, looks like a soft toy or maybe small dog skeleton? i havent seen this photo before but apparantly it was shown on sbs news

there was a man from Tailem Bend who took his life in Peake approximately 2 months ago - probably unrelated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kamarie61