AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still stuck on the theory that the case was stolen from a shed and discarded when it contained nothing of value.
I think this explains why the remains and clothing were together with no attempt made to hide it.
If so, somebody somewhere is in a panic, wondering if it can be traced back to them.

I'm still stuck on the theory that the case was stolen from a shed and discarded when it contained nothing of value.
I think this explains why the remains and clothing were together with no attempt made to hide it.
If so, somebody somewhere is in a panic, wondering if it can be traced back to them.

I'm not really sure about that. That suitcase must have been dirty and beat up, before it ever landed at the side of the road. I cannot really imagining anyone taking such an item as a burglar. It's large dirty etc.

I still think there would have been a reason to get rid of it now (March/April). Like moving, selling the property where it was hidden, an expected police search (pedophile ring?) etc.

Maybe the person who hid it got into a new relationship. Or maybe the road reconstruction has anything to do with it. Maybe the recontruction, digging etc., would have revealed the remains in a place that could be traced to a specific person. Or something like that.

If the remains hadn't been in the suitcase from the start, like the police said, someone must have put everything together in the suitcase at some point. It would be interesting to know when this would have been done etc.

I don't think the police have referred to it as an alphabet quilt though. And even in the cnn article linked above I can't find reference to it being an alphabet quilt either.

Supt Des Bray radio interview
1:40 We have spoken to some people who are into quilting as a hobby. It is hand made and machine stitched and it looks like whats called and alphabet quilt. So each one of the squares represent a letter of the alphabet P= pumpkin, d= dragonfly, s =star

If in fact it were an alphabet quilt maybe the -qu are combine which would mean 25 squares.

http://www.fiveaa.com.au/shows/david...-not-disclosed

If someone came across the remains in a building they were cleaning out (or the like), they might have stuffed the bones, any clothing and anything else they found into the first container they came across - in other words, the girl might have been a trunk, cardboard box or the like, and the person who moved the remains simply put her into an old suitcase for transport/disposal.

That's why I thought of the tip where there may be more suitcases with more items from a box trailer load.
Some people love grabbing items from the tip when unloading OR Australia we are able to put larger household items outside our property, advise the council to collect once or twice a year and they take it away to the tip. It's a service as a part of our council rates. (In the cities but not sure on rural properties)
It looks like the Robert Road Karoonda tip services a very large area so that suitcase could have come from a long way away and someone grabbed it and didn't like what they'd found.
Police can see a general area where the garbage truck loads have come from addressed envelopes etc.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 127
This. If they think it's an alphabet quilt with *25* squares then I fear how well this investigation is going to go!

The police are many steps ahead of us at the moment.

Remember the Holden shorts? The police had found those photos on Ebay and had them posted long before a keen WS member found the very same photos!

The ladies who saw the suitcase man said they didn't recognise him because he wasn't a local, IMO that's not remarkable when there is only approx 25 people living IN Wynarka.

If no one had seen a man with a suitcase, I wonder how different our theories would be.
I'm very cynical about the details the women remember about him, I walk every morning, and doubt I'd recall anything at all of someone carrying a suitcase months earlier, if pressed I'd prob come up with suitcase was dark, which prob covers most suitcases, you don't see white ones, and unless the guy was a tramp, would conclude he was tidily dressed, but I don't think I could state which day I saw him.
Have tried as an experiment to think of anyone I've seen when out walking in last few months who has stood out.

Certainly the reporting of the suitcase man sightings is odd.
They remember the specific dates they saw him, that he was 60ish, neatly dressed and carrying a dark suitcase.
Yet they are unable to be more specific about clothing, height, hair colour or indeed, any other physical appearance details.
And it is "women" who saw him, but we don't know how many women - yet none of them can give a better description.
I agree with kiwi50 that it would be hard to pin down dates.
I also walk regularly and often see, for example, a couple with a great dane and a woman who always carries a riding crop; but if you asked me when I last saw any of them I couldn't hope to pin down a date.

If no one had seen a man with a suitcase, I wonder how different our theories would be.
I'm very cynical about the details the women remember about him, I walk every morning, and doubt I'd recall anything at all of someone carrying a suitcase months earlier, if pressed I'd prob come up with suitcase was dark, which prob covers most suitcases, you don't see white ones, and unless the guy was a tramp, would conclude he was tidily dressed, but I don't think I could state which day I saw him.
Have tried as an experiment to think of anyone I've seen when out walking in last few months who has stood out.

I walk my dogs regularly, and live in a tiny town in Australia. The people I see on my walks are: regulars, people out and about walking their own dogs; sometimes council workers -- maybe re-paving a road; and people in cars. The only people I see just out walking are a semi-regular group of three ladies who walk for fitness -- and I know them. I am yet to see a stranger of any kind on foot, who is not a council worker. If I saw a man I didn't know wandering around with a suitcase, oh, yeah, I'd remember him, and I'd be very wary too if he didn't respond to a wave or a hello. I might even mention him to neighbours, I'd certainly tell my partner. I guess this is one of the reasons the 'suitcase man' has caught my attention so much, because I know how much he'd stick out where I live, and it's not as small as Wynarka.

They remember the specific dates they saw him, that he was 60ish, neatly dressed and carrying a dark suitcase.
Yet they are unable to be more specific about clothing, height, hair colour or indeed, any other physical appearance details.
And it is "women" who saw him, but we don't know how many women - yet none of them can give a better description.
I also walk regularly and often see, for example, a couple with a great dane and a woman who always carries a riding crop; but if you asked me when I last saw any of them I couldn't hope to pin down a date.

It's likely that they have given a very detailed description but the police are choosing not to reveal more details

It seems perfectly normal to me. Maybe the ladies only walked on a particular day of the week. Maybe it was someone's birthday or apt that day so they knew the date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm also a morning walker & am familiar with everyone in my neighborhood. If I saw an unfamiliar guy lugging around a suitcase, it would stand out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybe, but I think I read that they were unable to give a more precise description.

I've been taking a look at low socio-economic properties in nearby areas that have been recently listed for sale. I won't give any specifics because it's likely to be outside of what we are permitted to discuss. However I'd like to mention that one property appears to have a freshly cleared patch of earth in the back yard. Google maps aerial view for 2014 shows a small structure present in that spot which to my eyes seems to fit the shape, size and location of an old garden incinerator. Now I rush to add that a) the pic isn't clear and it might be an old dog kennel for all I know, and b) even if it were an incinerator it is understandable that someone would wish to remove it in preparation for a sale. Still ... it got me thinking. What if the apparent burn marks are soot?

The suitcase was only 40cm wide so he wouldn't have been lugging it, probably just carrying it as you would a briefcase.

Maybe, but I think I read that they were unable to give a more precise description.

I recall the police saying they didn't want to give a more detailed description at this time. I think it was in response to a question at a press conference.

Supt Des Bray radio interview
1:40 We have spoken to some people who are into quilting as a hobby. It is hand made and machine stitched and it looks like whats called and alphabet quilt. So each one of the squares represent a letter of the alphabet P= pumpkin, d= dragonfly, s =star

If in fact it were an alphabet quilt maybe the -qu are combine which would mean 25 squares.

http://www.fiveaa.com.au/shows/david...-not-disclosed

Fair enough - but for this primary school teacher ...:gaah:

I recall the police saying they didn't want to give a more detailed description at this time. I think it was in response to a question at a press conference.

Wasn't that in relation to the other contents of the bag?
I may be wrong, but that's what I thought.

Ah, maybe this is what I was thinking of.
ABC News quoted Superintendent Bray as saying "We have no description of the clothes he was wearing "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95