AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the idea about the Islamic quilt, wouldn't such a quilt be arranged according to the Arabic alphabet rather than the Roman?

Congrats to all on working out the Camel pic and for the rest of the detective work on the quilt. I don't know anything about quitting and am very impressed!

I'm overwhelmingly impressed by everyone here, not only by what has been sleuthed but also by the etiquette and concern shown to each other when posting. This forum could well be a model to others for poster behaviour. I'm just an avid follower/reader hoping for a speedy outcome to this tragic event and totally in awe of what is being found by everyone else here. Congratulations and keep at it!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...se-girl-case-black-tutu-quilt-identified.html

"A group of mothers on the 'websleuths' online forum have uncovered new clues in the case of the murdered 'suitcase girl' whose remains were dumped with a bag of children's clothing by the side of the road in a remote outback railway siding town.

"In a discussion on a websleuths.com forum, the women have identified the distinctive black tutu adorned with large sequins as a Cotton On brand dress for young girls which was discontinued several years ago.

"The keen-eyed blog posters also identified the item originally described as a child's ruler as a Lanza brand luggage tag, probably from the faded bag in which the remains lay amid numerous items of clothing, and a patchwork quilt found in a degraded state as an 'I-spy' quilt."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lack-tutu-quilt-identified.html#ixzz3hnXupv6V

Tuesday Aug 4

Task Force Mallee will today begin a large-scale canvass of the Wynarka area as the investigation into the discovery of a little girl's remains continues.
Officers from the Task Force, along with police from the Murray Mallee Local Service Area and State Tactical Response Group, will begin doorknocking in the area around where the discovery was made in July, seeking information from the community.
The little girl was found, along with a faded suitcase, items of clothing and a degraded quilt, discarded near the Karoonda Highway about 2km west of the Wynarka township in the Murray Mallee region.
"We believe that someone in this area will have vital information for investigators," Detective Superintendent Des Bray, the officer in charge of the Major Crime Investigation Branch, said.
"Someone loved this little girl. Someone other than her killer knows who she is and what happened to her.
"We are appealing to that person to come forward and talk to us."
Dtv-Supt Bray said police would be speaking with residents, businesses operators and employees, schools, doctors and anyone else connected with the local community.
Posters (pictured) and letters will be distributed throughout the wider community as part of the operation.
"At this time we will be canvassing a 25km radius around where she was found, but we may extend that as the inquiry continues," he said.
"Police will be establishing a forward command post at the Karoonda Football Club on Railway Tce today (4 August), and anyone with information is welcome to stop by and talk with police."

https://www.facebook.com/sapolicene...1740356569982/907163312694345/?type=1&theater

Any idea what this is? its patch 3 on the quilt. I originally thought it might be a camel but i'm not sure.

patch3.jpg

Traditionally in Australia at least, the person who is responsible for the death of a child is that childs parent or carer. In this case, the inclusion of a blanket tends to support that.

I sincerely doubt this is a Missing Persons Case.

Mum knows. Sad but statistically most likely.

Yes ... and how many times have we read about the death of a child at the hands of a step parent where the mother is either involved or complacent and helps cover up for their partner..... sickening.

I agree, SapphireSteel. Statistics everywhere, not just Australia, overwhelmingly support what you say.

The fact that seemingly the mother has never reported the child missing also suggests she is involved. It's a missing persons case only in the sense that we are looking for a mother who's conspicuous in her absence as far as this recent turn of events goes.

My only slight problem with the idea of the mother being involved is the degree of violence in the death, which is suggestive of a really sadistic killer, and not so much of a mentally-disturbed or post-natally -depressed mother who has killed her child in anger or frustration - an all too common occurrence.

I also have have a feeling, reading between the lines of police reports, that violence occurred after her death as well, although I admit I'm speculating there. If something awful like that happened, that would also be more consistent with someone outside the family and not the mother, as far as I have read.

But that only brings us back to the question of why the disappearance or death have not been reported by the mother, or anyone for else for that matter. It's all very confusing.

There have been plenty of cases where mother's have been the main perpetrators of the most heinous and sadistic behaviour towards their own children ..... so I wouldn't rule that out as being a possibility.

There have been plenty of cases where mother's have been the main perpetrators of the most heinous and sadistic behaviour towards their own children ..... so I wouldn't rule that out as being a possibility.

yes let us not forget poor little Kiesha Wieppart

Wexford #272

List of clothing:

1 dress, waferthin with print (looks like bound ribbon in pink) on greenish looking ground, uneven "shark bite" hem
1 leotard with tutu black, colored dots as an application on tutu
1 winter coat with faux sheep fur lining, the front vertical embroidered (tendril), looks like multicolored fabric (rose/blue?),
without hood/stitched pockets
1 top, grey/biscuit ? in color, with neckholder and straps
1 top, pink, spaghetti straps, tie ribbon upper hem, trademark "Gaf"
1 sweat pants, long, pink, with print "ra" on left leg bottom (right side on the pic)
1 shoe, pink with dark print "butterfly", lined, with zipper
1 shirt, darkblue or black, with print and letters "the smile" and white smiley
1 shirt, purple with print "Dora the explorer"
3 short pants (night?),
white or rose (?) with print "cats" (like comic cats)
apricot with print ....... (don't know)
pink with print "teddy"
1 short pants, with print (hearts, small plaid red/white) on white (?) ground, trademark "Barbie"
1 satin shorts blue, with print "baby 2000" and teddys
1 shorts red with white stripes vertical to the left and the right, white stripe at the leg end (hem)
1 satin shorts darkblue, print "Holden" with logo Holden to the left side (right side on the pic)
1 nightdress pink, with horizontal white stripes, long, without sleeves, trademark "dymples"

17 pieces, if I haven't forgotten something.

https://www.police.sa.gov.au/sa-pol...arka-child-believed-to-be-a-girl#.Vb8UNvntmko

Thanks FromGermany great job. It does seem to be a strange combination of clothes assuming all were still there....summer pjs and sleepwear but a winter coat and trackies. Nothing really in between. Disadvantaged? Hurriedly packed? or hand me downs??

Yes! I totally agree, it would probably be for Hump.

Regarding which way the camel would be facing would all depend on how the rest of the quilt is put together. To make an I-Spy quilt a little trickier you would not make each fabric face the same direction but would purposely put the pieces facing any which way. It makes it more random since they are just floating balls when you hold it out. (O/T - One really cute pattern that I like that is a similar concept looks like little mason jars sitting on a shelf and then you find all kinds of creepy crawlies print fabric and marbled fabric to look like mysterious liquids in the jars. It would be super cute for a baby or toddler quilt!)

Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could identify enough fabrics to remake this little quilt. I bet if we canvassed an online quilting group, some people would still have some of these fabrics in their stashes.

imo, THIS item of clothing is very important.

The brand is unusual, as is the Made In Australia.

They will be traceable in my opinion.

View attachment 79376

I agree, unless the clothing has nothing to do with the little girl....I've never seen that label or heard of it in west australia, it is unusual....so if the company that made the clothing didn't sell stock interstate and just locally in Sydney it will be traceable like you said. They possibly sold it out of one place, like a children's discount clothing type store.

This is all i could find on the company. http://www.trademarkia.com/gaf-made-in-australia-74679579.html

I reported to crimestoppers last night:) my internet choked straight after I posted last night and it took ages! I hope it helps:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks FromGermany great job. It does seem to be a strange combination of clothes assuming all were still there....summer pjs and sleepwear but a winter coat and trackies. Nothing really in between. Disadvantaged? Hurriedly packed? or hand me downs??

Or perhaps there is clothing missing from the collection, either because the police have withheld it or because it was not placed with the remains in the first place?

Someone said, the Q and U might be like one letter on the quilt, therefore I have lettered in this way. I don't know if police had 100% positively identified the arrangement for the patches? If only partly, then I would say: the "bears" and the "camel" belong to the first row.

View attachment 79356

Aren't the fabrics that the sleuthers found that matched so far found to be sold in Australia? I think it would be safe to assume that the quilt was made by a mother or grandmother of a child, possibly an aunt or maybe a hobby quilter made that and sold it to someone. This definitely was hand made and not commercially sold so LE would like to see if they can find someone who remembers this quilt and ultimately, the child that the quilt belonged to. We also need to remember that this was probably made by a mother or grandmother in Australia so the blocks will represent words that they use. I think they say Teddy instead of Bears for stuffed animals.

I really think this quilt was made by a real quilter with a stash of fabrics. I don't think these are the fabrics you would choose if you went out to deliberately purchase for a single alphabet quilt. They colours don't match, the fabrics appear to be from different eras. This is the result of looking through a collection of fabrics and thinking "ok, what have I got that starts with C". MOO

Idk that it matters but just some thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When making an I-Spy quilt, there is no way that a quilter would consider colors when selecting the fabrics. Instead, you decide each fabric you use on it's own cuteness regardless of if it matches anything else. It gives it the scrap fabric look and there's no way to find an alphabet's worth of fabrics in matching colors. It would be impossible. It would be totally cool but just impossible. ;)

Any idea what this is? its patch 3 on the quilt. I originally thought it might be a camel but i'm not sure.

View attachment 79379

My first thought is flowers and leaves. I looked at the picture of the quilt that I have saved though because a picture loses quality every time it's saved so it's harder to see.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could identify enough fabrics to remake this little quilt. I bet if we canvassed an online quilting group, some people would still have some of these fabrics in their stashes.

That would be really cool. I'd bet that you are right that an Australian quilting group could come up with all of these fabrics!

Traditionally in Australia at least, the person who is responsible for the death of a child is that childs parent or carer. In this case, the inclusion of a blanket tends to support that.
I sincerely doubt this is a Missing Persons Case.
Mum knows. Sad but statistically most likely.

I am very inclined to agree.
I still think this is a keep-safe case with child's bones and favorite items that has been looked after for many years but recently removed from storage and dumped.

I don't think it has been dumped by the person who had been caring for it, but by another person, either cleaning up after the death of the person who had cared for the case, or, as I think more likely, by a thief who considered it worthless.

It certainly hasn't been dumped by a person hoping to conceal a crime.
Nor has it been dumped by someone who cared in an emotional sense about its contents.

The reason I think it was dumped by a thief and not someone cleaning up an estate is that if someone was clearing out a deceased person's stuff, they'd look inside to see if anything was of value.

If they saw just the wrecked clothing then this case would go with the rest of the rubbish to the dump or on a fire.

If they examined the contents more carefully and found the bones then there are 2 possibilities: reveal a possible crime to the police or conceal the crime by burning items, throwing them in a river or burying them.
They didn't do either of those things.

Instead, the case appears to have been carelessly tossed into the roadside scrub.

Given that the Murray Mallee police have warned residents of a spate of thefts from rural sheds, I find this the most plausible explanation.

Thieves break into a shed, take obvious valuable items like tools etc, see a suitcase and grab that too. They drive away and pull over on the side of the road to take a look in the case.
The case contains nothing of value so they dump it there on the side of the road.

I also think that the quilt was probably made by the mother and since she did not alert police to the child's death 7 or 8 years ago, it seems unlikely she will do so now.

Interesting - I get this message when I click on the link. Note -

The article was removed to comply with a legal order

Sorry your page could not be found

We could not find the page you requested. This is either because:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics