AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is the river at Tailem Bend which you can't miss as you drive through the town. I presume people are referring to that.

Sure - that's the Murray River, Australia's longest river :)

this cache and log makes mention of the road works

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 42
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 53
if you look in the reviews or history there will be comments and dates that the cache was found/last found and anything else a cacher thinks is interesting to note

Russian-doll I'd never heard of this until you mentioned it .... signedup ... but I wouldn't have a clue how to find the reviews yet.

Ohhh good your doing it ....

its really easy you click on the spot and a box wiyhe the cache name comes up it tells u the terrain, the difficulty of the find etc if you click on that it opens up a page where u can use a map to get GPS directions from your position. as you get closer you can choose the compass which will tell u exactly how far and why direction to go. that first page scroll down and it will say hints ,recent logs, description and the logs are the dates people found the cache and anything they saw thought useful or noticed

its really easy you click on the spot and a box wiyhe the cache name comes up it tells u the terrain, the difficulty of the find etc if you click on that it opens up a page where u can use a map to get GPS directions from your position. as you get closer you can choose the compass which will tell u exactly how far and why direction to go. that first page scroll down and it will say hints ,recent logs, description and the logs are the dates people found the cache and anything they saw thought useful or noticed

lol my son saw me opening it up and asked what it was all about .... guess what we are doing next school holidays!!!

It's actually really hard to figure out if Wynarka does have a Post Office or not.

Yes, both of those buildings look residential. Usually if a very small town gets a "post office" it is often operated by an unrelated business and sometimes only for a couple of hours per day.

The only building the looks like a business is a block west and even though there's no visible signage I think it's the only candidate.

I think the location pins on Google etc get skewed when a town is using both "Lot #s" and "Street #s". If you zoom in on Wynarka on the site Whereis.com both an "8" and "Lot 8" appear on Railway Terrace:
Screen Shot 2015-08-15 at 5.40.34 AM.png

Australia Post's web page for this post office puts its map pin close to the property at "8" not "Lot 8"
https://auspost.com.au/pol/app/locate/post-office/SA/Wynarka/5306/Wynarka-CPA-561713

BTW Super sleuthing on the geo-caching angle!!!! I wonder if the police have thought of that? It seems that if you hang with a crowd that's into it it's all common knowledge but I always come across people that have never heard of it.

nothing really onteresting in the latest log on that track but everyone that tried to find that one HAD to ha e seen that case

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 38
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 38
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 39
It would be great if members from this geocaching group could join us here.

I guess LE seem to be on to the geocaching angle as some people have mentioned it in comments on the SA Police facebook page...still worth digging around though as we are many more eyes :)

https://www.facebook.com/sapolicenews/posts/899274540149889

PS: Whew we are speedy to climb Google stats! If you search Wynarka and geocaching this thread comes up in the top 5!

The Wynarka Post Office satellite view. It is actually Lot 9 Railway Terrace. The street address is 8 Railway Terrace.

Post%20Office%20satellite_zpslx796auk.jpg

Street view of the Post Office at 8 Railway Terrace Wynarka. The sections on the right hand side of the building look like a box for mail drop off or delivery and the larger area underneath could be for parcels. The locals would probably come and collect their mail or perhaps there is an agent who delivers in their own vehicle.

I sharpened the writing on the top section of the building. It says TAMKE'S MOTOR GARAGE. Nobody has gotten around to putting the Australia Post logo on the building.

PO%20Tamke%20s%20Motor%20Garage_zps2ymopr2n.jpg

https://www.google.com.au/maps/

In regard to all of these geocaching images, would you please include a link as to where they come from please?

I believe it came from a range by a different manufacturer, not vintage, just country, possibly by Cranston VIP Sunflower farm range.
View attachment 80027View attachment 80028
Something about it is familiar to me.

If could be, but I'm not convinced that it is. If you look closely at the sunflower gingham in the picture on the left, the sunflowers are quite distinct. You can clearly see the brown centres and the sunflower leaves are accurately printed. They look like sunflowers and leaves.

If you compare that to the sunflower/pumpkin print in the quilt, the sunflowers are much less distinct. There are no brown centres, just a kind of mush of petals, and the sunflower leaves are mushed in with the greenery of the pumpkins so that you can't tell which leaves belong to what.

I have some sunflower fabric from the '80s by Moda in my stash, and it too has distinct flower centres and leaves. Incidentally, it's still available online.

That makes me think that the fabric is a fair bit older than 1980s, possibly as old as 1960s.

Not only does there seem to be a post office but there are post office boxes, found one wynarka po box address in a newsletter while google searching.

FWIW this man could be the baby's father, AND grandfather. Murray Bridge is that sort of town.

RSBM

Well if this God forsaken area is that bad then it could be possible that a drug effected mother used her child as collateral (for drugs) to pedophiles who eventually killed her from rough treatment/drugs?
The little girl from Perth was given amil nitrate(?) so the pedophile ring could do...whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95