AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with all your points, Bliss.
Disposing of the bones would be so simple. You could bury them anywhere.
Leaving them with the clothing is both pointless and creating an evidence trail.
The long time frame from murder to discovery also makes no sense.

For these reasons I keep reverting to my original thought that suitcase-man has nothing to do with it.

I believe the case and its contents were stored, the bones with her favourite items, for many years and kept together for sentimental reasons.
I still think the case was stolen from a shed and dumped on the roadside when found to contain nothing of value to the thieves.

I think they were kept close to the parent or caregiver too.
I also think it was found during a clean up or house sale, maybe a death and someone has found it while moving in maybe. They find the case and panic and dump it.

MOO!!

I believe it came from a range by a different manufacturer, not vintage, just country, possibly by Cranston VIP Sunflower farm range.
sunflower check.jpgpumpkins.jpg
Something about it is familiar to me.

I haven't heard if the pumpkin fabric has been identified yet. I certainly haven't found it, but I have found this one, which is similar, and might be from the same vintage. I've asked the seller if she can tell us any info that is printed on the selvage.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/156834...table?ref=shop_home_active_16&show_panel=true

http://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/589c583926a6ea8ee755f05c83631ee0

I believe it came from a range by a different manufacturer, not vintage, just country, possibly by Cranston VIP Sunflower farm range.
View attachment 80027View attachment 80028
Something about it is familiar to me.

Have any of you seen this news item? It was shared on the Facebook page. Sorry if it has been shared already. It looks like most of the fabrics were available locally at this ladies shop including the pumpkin one.
https://video-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/h...=139416de411bdd84f312d3460897450d&oe=55CF10D0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We know Wynarka has a post office, what other businesses (if any) does it contain? How do the towns 20 or so urban house residents (i.e. not farmers) earn money? Do they travel to Karoonda or elsewhere daily?

E.g. I used to live in a town a couple of hours south of Murray Bridge (and I don't recall it, Murray Bridge being particularly bad although my memory of it is mostly driving through on the way to and from Adelaide and only stopping at the shopping centre there on occasion). Around 10 minutes away there was an even smaller town (maybe 200 people) which had a thriving football community, local pub, only two shops, a church, a good playground etc - somewhere you could go on the weekend and find something to do (sport, playground, pub, whatever etc) - there were lots of things that drew people from larger towns to this small town.

I know Wynarka is smaller although does Wynarka have anything similar? E.g. a playground for children? I know it has a football oval although reportedly not a football team. Is there public toilets at Wynarka which would make people on the highway to stop?

Then leading on, what brings someone to Wynarka on a weekday? Stock & station agents? Council workers? Mailman? I'm not seeing a whole lot of reasons for anyone who doesn't live in Wynarka to go there on a weekday (or at all for that matter).

It's actually really hard to figure out if Wynarka does have a Post Office or not.
The official Australia Post site states:

[h=3]Wynarka CPA 0.16kms[/h]8 Railway Terrace Wynarka SA 5306
(08) 8578 9029

[h=4]Opening hours*[/h]
  • Mon - Fri8:00am - 10:30am
  • Sat - SunClosed

Yet 8 Raiway Tce looks like this:
8railway.gif
Clearly not a PO.

This property looks like a PO and is opposite the phone booth, but when it was for sale in 2010 when this image was taken, it didn't look like it was opperationl as one.

po.gif

I have tried enlarging and sharpening the for sale sign but I can't make out what it says.

There does appear to be a transport business down the road, but that's about all.

hi guys ive just had a thought. I imagine some of the people who looked in that case were Geo Cachers. For those that do not know, Geo caching is a relatively new activity where containers, items and clues are hidden in various locations and can be solved and found using a geo cache app. I originally checked to see if the location was actually set as a geo cache but im not too good at the distance thing. My app shows HEAPS if Geo Cache stops through that area in the vicinity, i havent yet gone through each one to see when it was created and what all the descriptions say but im windering if Angel was discovered by a family or group on a Geo Cache session, we regularly do it - puck and area and geo cache all the way to and from the location. These are the caches showing up on my app.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 108
It's actually really hard to figure out if Wynarka does have a Post Office or not.
The official Australia Post site states:

Wynarka CPA 0.16kms

8 Railway Terrace Wynarka SA 5306
(08) 8578 9029

Opening hours*

• Mon - Fri8:00am - 10:30am
  • Sat - SunClosed

Yet 8 Raiway Tce looks like this:
View attachment 80030
Clearly not a PO.

This property looks like a PO and is opposite the phone booth, but when it was for sale in 2010 when this image was taken, it didn't look like it was opperationl as one.

View attachment 80031

I have tried enlarging and sharpening the for sale sign but I can't make out what it says.

There does appear to be a transport business down the road, but that's about all.

Thanks Jane. Being such a small town, there may just be an agent for Australia Post operating out of their own residence.

I can see why someone would need to keep a short wave radio instead of a television. You don't have cell phone reception anywhere. It brings back the use of morse code devices I used to play with in the 70s opf my dad's. It's good to know and it travels across the couintry with almost nothing.Telling your own public about this has got to be hard with such an isolated lifestyle. These people are likely homesteaders or living boats. Suitcase man might be still unaware he's the centerpoint of an investigation of a heineouis miurder. I doubt there's even mail service to some areas. CB radios are likely the best thing to keep in your cars and boats with news bulletins. I know there are big cities, but there are lots of small towns through there.

There is no issue with mobile phone coverage in that area.
In fact, along all major transport routes in Australia, mobile phone coverage is great.
So is TV reception.
Wynarka is a very small place but hardly isolated, being 30 mins form a large town and 1.5 hrs drive from the capital.
And there is no sea nearby so nobody is living in boats there.

hi guys ive just had a thought. I imagine some of the people who looked in that case were Geo Cachers. For those that do not know, Geo caching is a relatively new activity where containers, items and clues are hidden in various locations and can be solved and found using a geo cache app. I originally checked to see if the location was actually set as a geo cache but im not too good at the distance thing. My app shows HEAPS if Geo Cache stops through that area in the vicinity, i havent yet gone through each one to see when it was created and what all the descriptions say but im windering if Angel was discovered by a family or group on a Geo Cache session, we regularly do it - puck and area and geo cache all the way to and from the location. These are the caches showing up on my app.

I'm an avid geocacher too and had wondered the same thing. We were out caching last weekend (off out onto Dartmoor, UK in a bit too) and were in the middle of nowhere. Mr CR said that geocachers would always know where to hide a body. I could envisage a situation where someone would see a suitcase and look in it just in case it had something to do with a cache. There are certainly a lot of caches in the area!

I'm an avid geocacher too and had wondered the same thing. We were out caching last weekend (off out onto Dartmoor, UK in a bit too) and were in the middle of nowhere. Mr CR said that geocachers would always know where to hide a body. I could envisage a situation where someone would see a suitcase and look in it just in case it had something to do with a cache. There are certainly a lot of caches in the area!

Bingo! if suitcase man was involved would a rural older man have not been aware if the hobby, dumped the case and unfortunately right on top of a geocache spot it would be the first thing you looked in!

Interesting - I am sure I have seen a crime movie/tv show plot where geocaching was used intentionally.

What website/app is that? http://geocaching.com.au/caches/available/gca/au/sa.gmap doesn't show anywhere near as many results.

I'm confused, have I missed something.
Is Wynarka on the coast ? I thought it was inland.

Yeah, it is well inland.
I have no idea why these mentions of coast and boats keep coming up.
It's ridiculous!

Yeah, it is well inland.
I have no idea why these mentions of coast and boats keep coming up.
It's ridiculous!

There is the river at Tailem Bend which you can't miss as you drive through the town. I presume people are referring to that.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 98

This one is very, very close to where the suitcase was found - It was put there in 2013 wynarka geocache a.png

Excellent thought russian doll. I know that geo cacher's go to all kinds of places in their hunt for the cache. I'm hoping that if geo cacher's did stumble upon the suitcase, they reported it to police.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog