AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree what I posted last night looks like a recycling bin. My tired eyes last night couldn't tell lol. :blushing:

Nice find on that GoPro video Dutchtreat.
But that white thing looks like a family size pizza box to me:
goprowynarka.png

[video=youtube;hn_5fTWCnME]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn_5fTWCnME[/video]

Look what I found. It gets really interesting around 4.25

Okay, helmet cams make me motion sick. I barely got past that 4:25 mark. It looked like a piece of styrofoam to my swimming head. What did I miss?

Nice find on that GoPro video Dutchtreat.
But that white thing looks like a family size pizza box to me:
View attachment 79929

Agreed, my thought was pizza box - in any event, not thick enough to be the suitcase. And depending on just where the suitcase was in the bush, I'm not sure the angle would have picked it up.

It does look like a pizza box but what bothers me about this video is the fact that one of these riders seen something that day that made him sit there and take the time to go through that video frame by frame until he spotted what it was that he seen. Maybe not the suitcase but he clearly believes it was.

At first I thought no way could it be a suitcase. I thought it looked like a pizza box too, but when they pointed out the "handle" it does appear, at least to me, to be thicker and have more depth to it than I originally thought. Perhaps there is more than one suitcase. Although this object kind of favors a cooler with rope handles. One thing I was thinking about it workers who may be there from another country. Like I have a friend who is currently living there because her husband does some sort of rig work...if this was the case it could be someone who a) isn't close to their family or has no family where they come from and b) hadn't made many or any new friends there. Might explain why a lot of the stuff was purchased specifically with Australia tags. Like, when I travel, I always try to buy stuff from stores particular to that region.

It does look like a pizza box but what bothers me about this video is the fact that one of these riders seen something that day that made him sit there and take the time to go through that video frame by frame until he spotted what it was that he seen. Maybe not the suitcase but he clearly believes it was.

I would assume that if he knew he was in the area (and apparently went past where the suitcase was found), and knew he had video - he would have pulled the tape out and went over it very carefully. At least, that's what I would have done.

It's now a residence and has been for some years.

The homes behind the main street are interesting.... some properties with accumulated items from bygone times...Understandably some individuals choose to do this due to a compulsion be it an OCD disorder or some similar mindset?? possibly individuals who have lived through the 1930's depression...where you throw out nothing ????

I haven't looked through the town thoroughly on google maps so I may have missed a really cluttered property that you saw... but what I did see seems fairly typical of Australian country towns. Australia is geographically, socially and historically different from America. For one thing, we tend very much to towards cyclical drought even when we do take care of the land. For another, we experienced the Cold War Era differently and weren't being told if we didn't clear up mess around our houses they would burn down when we got nuked and it would be all our own fault for not being tidy. Our remote boundless plains with mild temperatures in winter are somewhat less prone to tornadoes that pick up our junk and turn it into missiles. Our sun bakes everything almost sterile in summer, so neatly stacked items of certain sorts can last a very long time outside. Remote towns (Wynarka isn't *really* that remote by Australian standards) tend to be really remote. Why take an old iron bedstead, five old tyres and an old patio birdcage to the official dump, when its going to take half a day to do so and you'll probably be wanting a tyre sometime to put round the base of a tree you've planted... or some wire from that old birdcage to fix a fence? If you don't take the stuff to a formal dump and just find a place to dump it then its still in town and messing up everyone else's views, better to keep it yourself and take responsibility for your own stuff rather than offload it to keep up appearances.

Different places, different ways.

At first I thought no way could it be a suitcase. I thought it looked like a pizza box too, but when they pointed out the "handle" it does appear, at least to me, to be thicker and have more depth to it than I originally thought.

SBM

Interesting, the more I look at it the more depth I see actually, especially with the shot of the handle:
goprowynarkahandle.png

And I agree Kyja, that person must really think they've seen something important to go through all the trouble of creating that video.

The black line that you can see below the white piece seems to be too straight to be from nature.

I saw the reef if that is what that is on the map. No shallow boat like a bilge keel boat or trimaran could cross it? Maybe they got the address off off ebay where she sold clothes. There are ways to get there on an island. From either direction. Maybe she is a South African child?

It is a sand bar, not a reef. More like an inland water way.
http://www.murrayriver.com.au/cruise-the-coorong-1530/
There is only one small entry point, but most of the time it is silted up so cannot get a boat through.
People cruise about on the interior waterways, but you can't easily get from the sea to the inner waters.

Let's say the dumper, whoever it may be - suitcase man or no suitcase man - was for some reason heading towards Adelaide/away from Melbourne or some other eastern location...

If someone did happen to be driving back in this direction with a body in their possession and had so far been unable to decide how/when to dump it, it would probably dawn on them right around about Tailem Bend that they were about to arrive in Adelaide and had better quickly dump their load. There is no way anyone would dispose of the suitcase on the main freeway which is extremely busy. They would be sighted immediately. Instead, they would probably and hurriedly opt to turn off the beaten track. It's probably safe to say that the Australian instinct in terms off getting 'of the beaten track' would be to turn inland, not towards the coast. Turning inland at Tailem Bend, of course, takes you to Wynarka.

Something along these lines that I have sometimes wondered ... to the folk of this tiny town the suitcase man appeared utterly conspicuous. But I wonder, would someone from the big smoke, for example, feel conspicuous wondering through a distant, isolated, unremarkable town? Or would they feel like they were in the middle of nowhere and utterly forgettable? I have a feeling I would feel this way: nowhere and nothing, rather than something to be indelibly imprinted on everyone's memory.

Edit: to remove reference to Stephanie Scott case (sorry Makara just read your post to that effect).

I think that's very insightful. To a city person Wynarka would have been far from the madding crowd.

This is what I was talking about that I think it favors:

image.jpg

If you look at the pictures of the quilt, you can see the musical note fabric showing through behind the disintegrated polyester wadding . That is what I see, the maker would have needed at least 1.8 metres of the fabric to use on the backing and the borders.
Have they done a facial reconstruction yet?
have they show what fabric is on the back of the quilt?

Great work Puggle! I walked all around Wynarka in google streeview and was surprised by the amount of landfill dumped around on that street behind the main drag.

The lady in the video who witnessed the man is standing at what I think is the Wynarka Hall, or is it a house now? Here's a snap shot from the video:
View attachment 79909
https://au.news.yahoo.com/sa/video/watch/28906715/police-still-in-search-for-child-murderer/#page1
Snapshot of Hall sign on fence from streetview 2010:
View attachment 79911
https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-35...61PqjDcw!2e0!5s20100201T000000!7i13312!8i6656

It doesn't matter much I know :blushing:

Interesting that Jill Roz speaks about the man as 'someone who was walking around with a dead child in his suitcase'.

Regarding the GoPro video - is that "object" still there? Surely someone should go have a look. If it's gone, then that is suspicious. If it's still there then someone can at least check it out properly.

If you look at the pictures of the quilt, you can see the musical note fabric showing through behind the disintegrated polyester wadding . That is what I see, the maker would have needed at least 1.8 metres of the fabric to use on the backing and the borders.

I believe that strip of musical note fabric is the border, which has torn away from the left side and is laying across the top of the quilt. You can see a V-shaped tear at the edge where the pieces fit together.

http://cdn.kidspot.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/quilt-found-copy-600x420.jpg

So anyone with a dirt bike could have went down through there and tossed the suitcase.

It is a sand bar, not a reef. More like an inland water way.
http://www.murrayriver.com.au/cruise-the-coorong-1530/
There is only one small entry point, but most of the time it is silted up so cannot get a boat through.
People cruise about on the interior waterways, but you can't easily get from the sea to the inner waters.

I google-earthed it and it looks like a water labyrinth. I doubt anything accept a dingy could go through it, It has so many turns through it, it even looks like a snake. It goes for miles like that. I doubt anyone would have picked this spot randomly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alwaysseeking