AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure it does help! Thank you for putting time into this.
These fabrics have been identified so far:

Camel print is "Sphinx" by Timeless Treasures
"Teddy Time" by Timeless Treasures.
Music note fabric is by Shamash and Sons, possibly named "Jazz".
The dragonflies prints are made by Inprint Makower
The "Goofy Geckos" is made by Exclusively Quilters.
The pumpkin gingham is possibly vintage.

(pardon me for reposting an earlier message)

Thank you for reposting that list musicaljoke. Good work.
It's probably a bit much to ask, but is it possible we could get a pic of each print next to their title please?
I can have a go at it later if you like?

Thanks Oona, I was trying to describe that method of piecing when you posted the link. It's an easy method, suitable to beginners or people wanting to make quick easy quilts. Not much matching involved and you don't have to be too exacting.

All the material so far identified including the camel print can be sourced in Australia IMO, so whilst it's helpful to use jog the memory of the quilter who made it, it is no indication that it's been made in another country. The same with the clothes in the case identified so far - they can all be sourced within Australia from various shops or markets either online or not.

I'm going to work out how to add a tag line to my posts - a bit of a mantra for me in daily life and online - "when you see hoof-prints, think horses not zebras" :)

And FromGermany, the latest MSM says the bones found at Ardrossan cemetery are likely to be decades old, and predate cemetery records... so probably not. It will be interesting to see what comes of it, but probably nothing to do with Wynarka. Since I'm still a newb here, I will just add the url for the news report and hope it works.

http://www.news.com.au/national/sou...-yorke-peninsula/story-fnii5yv4-1227488039186

I'm sure you are right about the drums on Garden Island, I would imagine they were fairly careful about how waste was disposed there with it being so close to the water.

They may well have been a bit less stringent on the mainland part of the Gillman area. Just speculating though really.

I had a look at Torrens Island too, there's an disused quarantine centre and an abandoned second world war concentration camp, it looks as though they have started doing tourist excursions around them now. That could be a trigger to move anything incriminating!

Yes I realise my speculation is getting a bit wild here, and it is extremely unlikely! !!

There have been several well publicised cases where kidnap victims have been held in basements or houses in residential areas without neighbours (and even family in the same house) being aware. So it's very rare but not impossible.

JMO

Hericania, nothing is impossible, if it weren't for your posts, I wouldn't have learnt some new things about the area I have lived in all my life. It is amazing what can pass you by, and I tend to keep an ear to the ground too.

You are right, the landfill site around Gillman has been a true dump. There is now an expressway that goes through the area, and it has been built through a small hill. Now it may just be my memory playing tricks, but if that isn't the original site of the old dump, I would eat my hat...if I had one. When it rains, the smell is activated, and it takes me back to my days accompanying my dad to dump stuff..he used to load up the trailer with other stuff to bring home! But back then, a lot of good, solid stuff was dumped, and my dad being a builder and a welder would fix it all up. Some of the tools still in his shed were from there. An industrial compressor, a huge drill press.. it all got restored and is still working today.

Torrens Island I have never been to. It has always been sealed up pretty tight, and there is even a water approach that is off limits. They do open it up on occasion, though I always seem to miss when it is, but I may check if they are now doing tours regularly. It's got a lot of history to it.

Back OT, I have to agree with JaneSA on most of what she has posted. I think she is in my head. It's almost bizarre. <cue Twilight Zone music>

I do think suitcase man is involved, and I do think he was trying to retrieve that case, but why, who knows? He knew how big it was, hence carrying a larger case to put it in when he found it.

Someone said who would steal a half rotten case? The answer is anyone. Thieves aren't generally known for their brains, and just tend to snatch and grab. I once had my car broken into, my son heard and ran outside, and the offenders ran away. What they stole from my car? Two packets of McDonalds BBQ sauce that had been left in there from the kids. Really? We followed them on foot as far as we could, and those sauce packets were not along the way, so I can only presume they were needed more by them than myself.

It's all very curious with suitcase man in the equation.

Thanks Oona, I was trying to describe that method of piecing when you posted the link. It's an easy method, suitable to beginners or people wanting to make quick easy quilts. Not much matching involved and you don't have to be too exacting.

All the material so far identified including the camel print can be sourced in Australia IMO, so whilst it's helpful to use jog the memory of the quilter who made it, it is no indication that it's been made in another country. The same with the clothes in the case identified so far - they can all be sourced within Australia from various shops or markets either online or not.

I'm going to work out how to add a tag line to my posts - a bit of a mantra for me in daily life and online - "when you see hoof-prints, think horses not zebras" :)

Dropbear to add a signature -

click on Forum Actions on the toolbar at the top of the page.

From the drop down menu click on Edit Profile.

In the next window click on Edit Signature in the left hand menu.

Type what you want in the Signature message box.

Click Save.

You're done.

She is actually from Australia. Here is her response to my email. She has spread the word to her fellow quilters. I really hope this helps find angel her name.[emoji39]

Good morning Eileen

My goodness what wonderful work you have done to track down that quilt.*

As it says in the title, we are an international guild in the true sense. We are made up of expatriates from around the world. Those of us from 'Downunder', myself included, were very aware of the case.*

I see that the camel fabric in question is seemingly identical. With us being expatriates our time here can be brief and is always temporary. We have reached out to past members for info regarding the quilt and hopefully you'll receive information directly or if they refer back to me, I'll let you know. Please keep us updated too if possible.*

Thank you for your work.*

Kind regards
Allison*

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2015/08/18/14/51/doctor-raised-red-flag-before-baby-s-death

Not related, I imagine. Just relevant to physical abuse of littlies. The tragedy is, this little girl could have been saved.

It is a tragedy. Unfortunately FACS (Family And Community Services) here in South Australia is a tragedy in itself. You only have to read how they botched up the Chloe Valentine case to see that. That child did not need to die, she should have been taken from her mother on many occasions. It needs a complete overhaul, starting from the bottom, working all the way though to the top, as the front line workers who are good do not get the support they need, and many leave, and the ones that are there are simply not trained or supported correctly.

I bet they are really hoping that this poor little mite is not another child that slipped through their fingers. It wouldn't surprise me though.

In the case you linked to, that baby was deceased for at least a week before the parents went into FACS and reported it. Dreadful situation.

She is actually from Australia. Here is her response to my email. She has spread the word to her fellow quilters. I really hope this helps find angel her name.[emoji39]

Good morning Eileen

As it says in the title, we are an international guild in the true sense. We are made up of expatriates from around the world. Those of us from 'Downunder', myself included, were very aware of the case.*

I see that the camel fabric in question is seemingly identical. With us being expatriates our time here can be brief and is always temporary. We have reached out to past members for info regarding the quilt and hopefully you'll receive information directly or if they refer back to me, I'll let you know. Please keep us updated too if possible.*

Kind regards
Allison*

That's awesome work Silverdraco69!
The more eyes on that quilt the better hey.

Things happen quickly, we have found out who made the quilt and have sent her an email for more info.* The quilt pattern is called "Ipsy Snowball Quilt" but it is a popular pattern and there will be many versions of it.* If we could find out more about the camel fabric that might be of more use,

Regards,

Julie

On*Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 9:37 AM, Quilt Guild Riyadh<riyadhquiltguild@gmail.com>*wrote:

Hi Eileen,

We will display the picture on our guild Facebook, but would like to know exactly where you found the picture, the third picture you have posted is that supposed to be a composite of what you have managed to find out so far?

We will do as much as we can to help,

Regards,

Hi

We have identified the maker of the quilt. Who quickly told me her grandson still has it. She's Irish, currently in vacation in Ireland - and the quilt is here in Riyadh. I've asked her to identify the camel, where she got it from, does she still have any of the fabric and was she swapping with anyone. I await her reply.*

We will take a look at Websleuths.*

Take care - you're up early or is it up late?

Funds call for ‘disgraceful’ Mallee roads
11 Aug, 2015 03:30 AM

TRAINS carted grain through the northern Mallee for the last time in late July, ending a century-long history of rail in the region.

Mr Whetstone said he had met with Transport and Infrastructure Minister Stephen Mullighan a number of times already, and again last week, to lobby for extra road funding for the Mallee, with thousands of extra truck movements expected on the Karoonda and Mallee highways.

http://www.stockjournal.com.au/news...all-for-disgraceful-mallee-roads/2739677.aspx

Could suitcase man be related to this. It seems unlikely but possible.

the bones found at adrossan have me curious. Could they be mum?

Good morning Eileen

Kind regards
Allison*

Excellent work! Thank you.

Everyone needs to be found and loved that is why I joined webslueths. Thank you for letting me be a part of your community. [emoji5] I am truly grateful . I helped on gratefulldoe and glad to be able to help. I will keep you posted on any emails I receive.

And FromGermany, the latest MSM says the bones found at Ardrossan cemetery are likely to be decades old, and predate cemetery records... so probably not. It will be interesting to see what comes of it, but probably nothing to do with Wynarka. Since I'm still a newb here, I will just add the url for the news report and hope it works.

http://www.news.com.au/national/sou...-yorke-peninsula/story-fnii5yv4-1227488039186

Thanks Dropbear and from the same link.

Supt Denny said the find, at the rear of the cemetery, was &#8220;not overly suspicious&#8221; and there was nothing to indicate foul play was involved.
He said the bones were potentially decades old, and may predate council burial records

BBM.

It is way past my bed time. Have a awesome and blessed day to you all!

I've also watched this video many times, stopping and starting to get a better view of what that is. I managed to get a screen grab of it and IMO it looks like a dead cockatoo.

Dead%20Cockatoo_zpscorllqip.jpg

ahah Ive got a cocky and, i can kinda see what you mean but its defo a glove. :hilarious:

cockyboy.jpg glove2.jpg

I said the child might be middle eastern because they used the camel. Oh wow! I thought also because so few clothes were American that it might be her real clothes and the Aussie clothes were smoke screen or stolen from the dump like the others said.

What clothes were American?

Something else I was mulling over this morning after looking at the quilt. I was thinking "bloodstains" and I've heard it mentioned before. Then I realized it's very bright red. Blood typically darkens in color rapidly even when in contact with fabric. I wonder what else -- paint, chemicals, something poured on it, fabric dye -- would cause that red color.

The red colour would have been caused by fabrics that weren't pre washed and the die has stained the wadding. The wadding looks like its a polyester and wool mix, that's why its picked up a lot of the stains and the appliqué has stuck to it and stained the fabric, making it look burnt in parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member