AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't find the Teddy Time by 'Timeless Treasures' musicaljoke, but I found a Teddy Time by Nutex that is the same as the patch police have used on the quilt:
NutexTeddyTime.jpg quilt2.png
"This is for a Fat Quarter of printed, 100% Cotton Fabric from the Teddy time range of printed fabrics by Nutex."
https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/241...y&ga_search_query=teddy time&ref=sr_gallery_6

I think I can see two teddies on the quilt, but one looks like it's sitting with it's feet out, not like the print above? What do you think:
quiltguessesreally.jpg

Close-up:
quiltteddies.png

I also think the middle top patch looks like a red fox TootsieFootsie. And the bottom right one looks like a fairy.
Sorry if I sound like a broken record with some of these patches :blushing::facepalm:

Look!! Top left it's the camel. ( I think )

http://riyadhquiltguild.blogspot.com/2011_01_01_archive.html

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk
b1dc49182a3e958e3b0a550e5ecf3efd.jpg

I think that's a chicken

I can't see a glove at all. LOL. Your cocky is gorgeous.

Lol it is a pretty cocky ....

Makara, sorry to be a pain but do you have a link to the video where this image came from?
I don't think I've seen it ... and wouldn't mind taking a look at it

Lol it is a pretty cocky ....

Makara, sorry to be a pain but do you have a link to the video where this image came from?
I don't think I've seen it ... and wouldn't mind taking a look at it

Give me a minute or so and I'll see if I can find it. I posted the link back in one of the previous threads, hence the reason I didn't post it again.

Top left, third row down Bliss. Do you see the camel?

yes i see it now. wow that fabric was so hard to find as well.

Ive been in contact with timeless treasures and exchanged emails. They're aware of the investigation, and know why the fabric is so important. Im just waiting for them to reply with more information at this stage. All they could tell me is, it's really hard to find out any information about the fabric, because it's been out of print for so many years.

Just thought I'd post this, I remember mentions of algae on the suitcase, leading people to think it had maybe been submerged in water for a time. I saw this last night and it looked like the same stuff so I snapped a quick pic.

View attachment 80182View attachment 80183

The algae like on the suitcase only grows in water, that is moss on the stones, it grows in open moist places on concrete, rocks etc. It is quite different.

Update.. I just couldn't shut off my email notification ....
Good morning to you.*

Hope you've slept well.*

Gladys, the quilter who made the pictured quilt, has got back to me. I think I frightened her. She kept telling me she still had her quilt - she made it for her grandson who is about 7 now.*

She immediately went to look back to find out where her camel fabric came from. I've attached the photos that she sent me. She is sure she bought it from Keepsake Quilting.*

I've asked her to think about where she got her pattern, who inspired it and was she swapping fabrics with anyone. I'm sure she'll get back to me. But that's all we have for now.*

Think she's nipping at medicinal whiskey now - she misunderstood things. Poor blossom.*

Take care. Have a good day.*

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

I'm sure you are right about the drums on Garden Island, I would imagine they were fairly careful about how waste was disposed there with it being so close to the water.

They may well have been a bit less stringent on the mainland part of the Gillman area. Just speculating though really.

I had a look at Torrens Island too, there's an disused quarantine centre and an abandoned second world war concentration camp, it looks as though they have started doing tourist excursions around them now. That could be a trigger to move anything incriminating!

Yes I realise my speculation is getting a bit wild here, and it is extremely unlikely! !!

There have been several well publicised cases where kidnap victims have been held in basements or houses in residential areas without neighbours (and even family in the same house) being aware. So it's very rare but not impossible.

JMO

Port Adelaide's quarantined history

Over the years, the site has been used for many other purposes, including police training and youth camps, with remnant bullet shells and a used smoke grenade left on the grounds.

http://www.abc.net.au/local/photos/2012/02/20/3434799.htm

October 26, 2012

Two tours of the island on November 3 and 4 are already booked out. There are still places available on a tour on Saturday, November 3 at 1pm
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...-islands-secrets/story-e6frea83-1226503837002

2015 tour dates

Sundays 29/03/2015 - 28/06/2015

http://www.weekendnotes.com/torrens-island-quarantine-station-tours/

The Tours of the Island have been going on for a few years now."The Friends of Torrens Island" work hard to look after the heritage listed Quarantine Station and the natural environment of Torrens Island.
We have boats moored down that way and spend a lot of time there. :moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members