AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i have been wondering if this is what happened to this little angel and would explain why nobody missed her or cared to report her missing?
there was a horrible case a few years ago, in sydney, cant remember who the paedophile was, he befriended a tired mother who was obviously struggling at a train station and said he would look after her 2 young children, he and another man raped them over days, the mother had no idea and just let her children go! he may not have been caught if one hadnt died!
http://murderpedia.org/male.C/c/clare-william-thomas.htm

Absolutely sickening. Really wish I hadn't read that. [emoji17] it's just not fair what these innocent children have to go through because of some disgusting sick piece of s**t. So angry right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely sickening. Really wish I hadn't read that. [emoji17] it's just not fair what these innocent children have to go through because of some disgusting sick piece of s**t. So angry right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sorry, i know i should have put a warning! its horrific!
(i just edited it and added a warning)

This suitcase looks different to the one original posted.
The original photo has grey handle on side - this one is black.

imoView attachment 80723

Agree that the bags look completely different. The handle on the original image provided by police is one of those ones that is built in to the edge and this new image has metal clips or rings between the handle and the side of the case. Also, the original image does not have black protective edges on the corners of the case or a black strip around the middle of the sides like the new image does. There is also extra stitching on the front of the case in the original image that is not there on the new one.

Edited - have just read the responses from others about this new image coming from a trucking page. Sorry to double up on my comments.

THE manner in which the remains of a child were dumped on the side of a rural SA highway suggests the perpetrators of the crime may not be directly linked to the victim, a forensic criminologist says.

If by "perpetrators of the crime" they mean the killer, then no.
If they mean the person who dumped the case, then yes.

Thanks Makara

I may very well have missed it but I do not recall 1.5 kms being given as the distance from Wynarka, in the early stages of the investigation. I recall about 2 kms.
Which I find interesting that 1.5km was given as distance in the Trucking newsletter, so early on.

Very early in the investigation the police were asking for truck drivers with dash cam footage of the area to come forward.
I am certain they would have directly contacted the various trucking companies and associations and asked them to notify their drivers of the request.
I imagine the police supplied the more precise location in order to help drivers pin-point on their dash cam footage and probably also supplied a mock-up photo of a case to give a more realistic impression of what it may have looked like from a passing truck.

so a few scenarios of the person who disposed of this little angel on the side of the road could be...
he didnt kill her, knew he couldnt be implicated, so didnt care where he put her?
or
he did kill her, didnt care anymore, tying up loose ends, knew he was going to die, illness/ suicide?
or
he did kill her, didnt think there would be any dna left to implicate him, she wasnt related to him, sold house, moving overseas?

another one could be:

he didn't even know the bones were in the case but thought it was just old clothing.

sunnybree made an excellent point about the clothing that I don't think has been made before - they are QUITE NORMAL.

They are average.
They are not cheap, nor are they expensive.
They are not frivolous, nor are they prim.
They are not clothes owned and worn by a hippy bush kid, nor are they clothes worn by a child who has been isolated from TV or from going shopping.
The Dora top and the tutu are the sort of thing a little girl sees and wants when she is out shopping with mum and dad.
The tutu is not practical, it's just for fun, like most little girls would choose, and her parents could afford to indulge her with discretionary purchases.

Suitcase girl: cops seek campers

Detectives pursuing the murderer of a young girl whose body was dumped in a suitcase beside a South Australian highway want to speak to people living in desolate camps among the surrounding scrub.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...505188441?sv=48ccf0717fdcc1076c181c484f7d385b

Hopefully this one will not be paywalled for people, but works fine for me.
There is an odd inconsistency regarding who can see what and when on The Australian's website.

its behind a paywall but i accessed it by typing the heading "suitcase girl cops seek campers" into google news, it comes up at the top of the page with the heading suitcase girls murder; police want to talk to camp-dwellers, by dan box
[h=1][/h]

So someone has rifled through the suitcase, removed anything of value, and then left it open? Homeless? Or transients?

Interesting, trucking page.

If by "perpetrators of the crime" they mean the killer, then no.
If they mean the person who dumped the case, then yes.

its behind a paywall but i accessed it by typing the heading "suitcase girl cops seek campers" into google news, it comes up at the top of the page with the heading suitcase girls murder; police want to talk to camp-dwellers, by dan box

Thanks bearbear. Are you able to paraphrase from the article for us please?

Judging by the copy clothing, someone who travels? Or are there markets in some states that carry these copy labels?

sunnybree made an excellent point about the clothing that I don't think has been made before - they are QUITE NORMAL.

They are average.
They are not cheap, nor are they expensive.
They are not frivolous, nor are they prim.
They are not clothes owned and worn by a hippy bush kid, nor are they clothes worn by a child who has been isolated from TV or from going shopping.
The Dora top and the tutu are the sort of thing a little girl sees and wants when she is out shopping with mum and dad.
The tutu is not practical, it's just for fun, like most little girls would choose, and her parents could afford to indulge her with discretionary purchases.

JaneSA said:
Janesa another one could be:

he didn't even know the bones were in the case but thought it was just old clothing.

I'm surprised wild dogs didn't remove the bones from the case, if it were open. Cant have been thrown out window open, contents would have gone everywhere. The case definitely faded all the way round meaning it was standing up?

Judging by the copy clothing, someone who travels? Or are there markets in some states that carry these copy labels?

I'm surprised wild dogs didn't remove the bones from the case, if it were open. Cant have been thrown out window open, contents would have gone everywhere. The case definitely faded all the way round meaning it was standing up?

You can buy those cheap copies from tons of places online, as well as markets and those temporary kiosk things they set up in shopping centres. I'm guessing the police have a much harder time these days tracing clothing because of ebay etc and the massive volume of stuff coming out of China.

Puggle, hope that you have the support you need in going through such a horrible experience in the past. I can totally understand when you wish an evil person dead. I can see you are definitely moving on and wanted to help the community by making your contribution here, you are definitely a strong person in my view.

Timeline
At the same time, the clothing does clearly seem to be of a certain vintage, which points to the death having occurred a good few years ago. That's assuming the little girl was placed among clothes that were part of her then current wardrobe.

It seems that police are guesstimating her age from the clothes. But could it be possible that she had been a few years older? If she was living in poor conditions she may have been suffering from malnutrition and would be smaller than the normal height percentile for her age...

I personally think that the police/forensic had the estimate of the age 2.5 – 4yo correct but it seems the only support they had for the time of her death was only the clothing, the time the clothes were manufactured and available to the market, and that is the reason they can only provide a range anytime between 2007 to 2014. This child could now be aged anywhere between 3 to 12.

Someone in earlier discussion has mentioned about the teeth formation, I would imagine that forensic was able to determine the child’s age pretty accurately of when the teeth was developed. I believe this should be considered a reliable info.

As with the clothes, a few members here pointed out about the ‘hand-me down clothes’, it is very possible that the clothes were second/third/forth hands before passing onto this child. So it is possible that the child’s death could be as recent as last year and she could just be 3yo now.

Would her teeth be in a normal placement for her age if she suffered from malnutrition?

I'm also wondering about the huge timeline they gave for her death. They're talking ancient DNA. You'd think if it was more recent, they could find something a little more accurate to work with. Which kind of nauseates me thinking about it. One wonders how much of her hair they found. Not sure how long it takes for hair follicles and roots to degrade to the point you can't get DNA?

Yes, very sad that it's so hard for them to get a full profile. Good question about the teeth. Perhaps there would be other signs of malnutrition, if relevant, as well.

They seem to have a good team working on it so let's hope there are results soon.

paraphrased dan box article from the australian...

detectives want to speak to people living in desolate camps in the scrub surrounding the sa highway,
the australian newspaper
has been asked to provide details of one of these camps uncovered while reporting on the murder case last week,
south australian police want to ensure they have spoken to the camps occupants as they are canvassing everybody living
within dozens of square kilometres of wynarka.
after the skeleton discovery on july 14 police have had to identify more than 250 young girls nationwide whose names appear
in commonwealth records then seem to disappear from the records, working through the list as they try to put a name to this little girl
detective inspector greg hutchins asking "who is she, she was someones loving child, who someone would have loved,
now murdered and dumped on the side of the road, thats whats so wrong about this case"
because nobody has come forward this leads police to rule out the possibility of stranger abduction,
more a dysfunctional family scenario detective inspector hutchins said.
residents of the small wynarka town say there are rough camps dotted through the surrounding plains,
people living there who want to be apart from normal society, you could drive past and think no one was
there said one wynarka resident barry edwards, people live there because they want to be alone.
the australian visited one of these camps, driving along the dirt tracks two hours east of adelaide,
threading through farming country,there was evidence of several more camps,hidden in the scrub.
detectives are also investigating a separate case of another young blond girl killed in wynarka nearly 40 years ago
they dont believe the cases are linked, this child was 8months old and dead for years before her mother reported her death,
both her parents charged with manslaughter but her body never found

dated 31 Aug 2015
so a few scenarios of the person who disposed of this little angel on the side of the road could be...

he did kill her, didnt care anymore, tying up loose ends, knew he was going to die, illness/ suicide?

I have seen this illness scenario mentioned a few times, let’s assume it was the suitcase man, I don’t expect someone who is terminally ill able to or having that determination to walk for 2 km on the highway to dump a suitcase.

Also, I would think/feel that when a person who is coming to an end, terminal illness or decided to suicide, would not care much things or any details around them or even possible that they are willing to tell the world about the truth or the dark past they had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craig21876