AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Makara

I may very well have missed it but I do not recall 1.5 kms being given as the distance from Wynarka, in the early stages of the investigation. I recall about 2 kms.
Which I find interesting that 1.5km was given as distance in the Trucking newsletter, so early on.

No, I only ever recall it being reported as about 2 kms out of Wynarka.

Just wanted to take this opportunity to clarify this. A timely reminder, if you like. Re pedophiles. Those who are attracted to younger people, from teens to pre teens all the way to toddlers and babies are, to most of our disgust, much the norm and can very much rationalise as decent, civil, emotionally balanced humans. Which is why there is so much of it going on.
The majority of them live beside all of us in the community, and a percentage of them will never act on their feelings. They can be a member of your family, or a family friend, and you would never know. They may marry and have relationships in a bid to deny they are in fact attracted to children. You may never know who they are. Unless they do something and get caught, you may spend your whole life around a pedophile and not even know it.

They are no different to you and I, apart from the fact they are attracted to kids. Some say they hate themselves for it, others will embrace it, and get very good at hiding it. Some have been victims of childhood abuse themselves, and that has "normalised" it for them.

The point I am trying to make is, they could be anyone you already know! Most crimes of this nature are perpetrated by people known to the family. You would not look at these people now and decry them as monsters. You probably think they are good people. They come from all walks of life.

Our society is one that the majority of us are hard wired to protect kids. Which is a very good thing. But it is a mistake to think these people are somehow different in any visible way to us, and you would be able to pick them, because the only difference to us is where their sexual attraction lies. And that is nearly always impossible to know, until it is too late in some cases.

I have known other women who are too scared to let their kids do anything on their own outside of the house, whereas I have always given my kids a fair amount of freedom to walk to school, play in the park, ride their bikes etc. I get told I am crazy for allowing this. I tell them if anything is going to happen to their kids, it would most likely be someone they already know. They get very uncomfortable at this, and some even get mad. But it is the truth.

Pedo's aren't cruising the streets in vans waiting to snatch kids off the footpath. Sure, it has happened, but a lot less than we think, it's just the thought of it. A bit like not wanting to get eaten by a shark in the ocean, but you are statistically much more likely to be hit by a car. The majority of child sex abuse happens within someones home by someone trusted by them, and we should never forget that, and never let our kids be in that situation to begin with. A sobering thought indeed.

Sorry not to agree on that one particular comment That I bolded....to excuse or to accept in anyway this behaviour as "Normal" is wrong....I'm sure my fathers Uncle considered himself rational...and a balanced human being....IMO opinion if I could take a knife to his extremities I would.....ohhh...but that would make me a bad human being...because he couldn't help himself...

Blah.... accept it paedophiles should either top themselves voluntarily......or expose themselves and let us top them...I'm not into the love fest of helping everyone...lets stop it here and now..

It would be awful to think someone is doing this for fun, to taunt police or to make a name for themselves. I still think the perpetrator isn't smart enough for that, though.

Some murderers do play games with police, often for years after the crime has been committed. There are many examples. It prolongs their power trip.

I really don't have any theories as to what has happened here; too many missing pieces of the jigsaw still.

However, it's certainly a fact that police are apparently on a wild goose chase. Whomever was in original possession of the little girl's remains - whatever the story may be - could and should simply have gone directly to police in the first place.

Sorry not to agree on that one particular comment That I bolded....to excuse or to accept in anyway this behaviour as "Normal" is wrong....I'm sure my fathers Uncle considered himself rational...and a balanced human being....IMO opinion if I could take a knife to his extremities I would.....ohhh...but that would make me a bad human being...because he couldn't help himself...

Blah.... accept it paedophiles should either top themselves voluntarily......or expose themselves and let us top them...I'm not into the love fest of helping everyone...lets stop it here and now..

I think MsDee's words have been misinterpreted here - she wasn't saying their behaviour was normal or acceptable. Rather, that they can appear normal, decent people - which is absolutely true. They don't have to look like the Dennis Ferguson's of this world, and those that get away with it for so long are the ones you'd least suspect by their appearance, roles in society, jobs etc.

Wow...MsDee was clearly stating that paedophiles can appear to be upstanding citizens, appear 'normal' etc. which in turn no1 suspects a thing! You have without a doubt took what she says way out of context!

Puggle I gather from your comments that you have experience of peadophilia against yourself when younger. If I misunderstood, forgive me.
If so how you have coped is beyond me. I know from family members it has happened to them and has a lasting affect.
Unfortunately, as present times have shown particularly here in the UK, peadophiles manage to proceed through life unrecognised thanks to others who are too afraid to speak out.
They appear normal. Some married with children carrying on lives of importance and public influence.
It is not "normal". It is an abhorrence. Most can never admit to it.
I'm probably incompetent at explaining, but I believe the point the OP was making was that we can't tell who is a peadophile and who isn't.
It is NEVER acceptable to behave in this way.
The problem with society is that these things are hidden and considered unacceptable to speak of sadly.
best wishes. x

Timeline

Just thinking aboud really, but going back to the question of when the little girl was killed, this could be crucial when considering the possible scenarios regarding the circumstances in which she was killed and disposed of.

If, for the sake of argument, she was killed as recently as a year or so ago, then she could have been held onto for a relatively short period of time before the remains were put out into the open. Perhaps the remains were disposed of not that long after her death and put somewhere near to the place they were eventually found this July. (They were not noticed by the roadworks crew in March as being on that part of the highway, but they could have been lying unnoticed nearby, and moved, either deliberately by someone involved, or by a passer-by.)

In that scenario, there is not necessarily any need for a mystery catalyst that required the remains to be moved from private possession into being dumped. They could have been in private possession for a very short time and got rid of as soon as the person (s) involved had the opportunity and managed to bring themselves to do it.

At the same time, the clothing does clearly seem to be of a certain vintage, which points to the death having occurred a good few years ago. That's assuming the little girl was placed among clothes that were part of her then current wardrobe.

Could she have been placed within a pile of her old clothes that were being stored somewhere?

It seems that police are guesstimating her age from the clothes. But could it be possible that she had been a few years older? If she was living in poor conditions she may have been suffering from malnutrition and would be smaller than the normal height percentile for her age...

Sorry....so many thoughts...

Jesus man, nobody considered pedophilia "normal", they're definitely mentally ill but the majority have never committed any offenses against children. You can't murder people for having a mental illness. That attitude is what further drives pedophilia underground and why nonviolent pedophiles are scared to seek out treatment - which, ironically, makes the problem even worse.

Jesus man, nobody considered pedophilia "normal", they're definitely mentally ill but the majority have never committed any offenses against children. You can't murder people for having a mental illness. That attitude is what further drives pedophilia underground and why nonviolent pedophiles are scared to seek out treatment - which, ironically, makes the problem even worse.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/lif...ld-sex-offenders/story-e6frg8h6-1227078787836

I've posted it a few times but it shows that the pros agree with you - the best way to stop them (re)offending is to keep them comfortable, but obviously that doesn't mean people condone their acts. The point is to stop them occurring and it seems the way to do that is by social/financial/psychological support. The length and severity of sentencing is a different question altogether, but the reality is, once they're out they're out, and if there are ways to stop them re-offending, no matter how they might irk us, isn't that a good thing?

"Publicly naming child sex offenders can mean they go to ground. “When that happens, the risk increases,” Hales says. The vast majority of crimes against children are committed not by convicted paedophiles but by family members. Hales believes you have to reach out to a sex offender to be able to police them. Next month, she will travel to the UK and Canada on a three-month Churchill Fellowship, studying how they manage the registered offenders living in their communities. What are the risk factors, such as homelessness, unemployment and social isolation that can lead a sex offender to reoffend?

As controversial as it may seem at first, the answers might involve providing government services such as housing and employment for these offenders, to help prevent more crimes taking place. “People may see it as supporting them, but it’s helping them to be members of society who don’t offend,” Hales says. The police “can’t be there 24/7 but we can put things in place”.
"

Timeline

Just thinking aboud really, but going back to the question of when the little girl was killed, this could be crucial when considering the possible scenarios regarding the circumstances in which she was killed and disposed of.

If, for the sake of argument, she was killed as recently as a year or so ago, then she could have been held onto for a relatively short period of time before the remains were put out into the open. Perhaps the remains were disposed of not that long after her death and put somewhere near to the place they were eventually found this July. (They were not noticed by the roadworks crew in March as being on that part of the highway, but they could have been lying unnoticed nearby, and moved, either deliberately by someone involved, or by a passer-by.)

In that scenario, there is not necessarily any need for a mystery catalyst that required the remains to be moved from private possession into being dumped. They could have been in private possession for a very short time and got rid of as soon as the person (s) involved had the opportunity and managed to bring themselves to do it.

At the same time, the clothing does clearly seem to be of a certain vintage, which points to the death having occurred a good few years ago. That's assuming the little girl was placed among clothes that were part of her then current wardrobe.

Could she have been placed within a pile of her old clothes that were being stored somewhere?

It seems that police are guesstimating her age from the clothes. But could it be possible that she had been a few years older? If she was living in poor conditions she may have been suffering from malnutrition and would be smaller than the normal height percentile for her age...

Sorry....so many thoughts...

Would her teeth be in a normal placement for her age if she suffered from malnutrition?

I'm also wondering about the huge timeline they gave for her death. They're talking ancient DNA. You'd think if it was more recent, they could find something a little more accurate to work with. Which kind of nauseates me thinking about it. One wonders how much of her hair they found. Not sure how long it takes for hair follicles and roots to degrade to the point you can't get DNA?

forensic criminologist Claire Ferguson said identifying the suspect could be the more arduous task.
“Getting rid of the body in that way is probably a desire to distance themselves from that as quickly as possible,” she said. “This person would have had options to do something else with the body that would have decreased the likelihood of them getting caught.

“Wanting to get rid of it so quickly could speak of their motivations a little bit and can also speak to their connection to the child.
“If they don’t feel they will be suspected of having this child anyway they might get rid of it in such a fashion, as opposed to trying to make it so the body is never discovered.”

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...-met-violent-end/story-fni6uo1m-1227446040185

I think MsDee's words have been misinterpreted here - she wasn't saying their behaviour was normal or acceptable. Rather, that they can appear normal, decent people - which is absolutely true. They don't have to look like the Dennis Ferguson's of this world, and those that get away with it for so long are the ones you'd least suspect by their appearance, roles in society, jobs etc.

I may have read it incorrectly then.... this was the part and only part I disagreed with; much the norm and can very much rationalise as decent, civil, emotionally balanced humans. Which is why there is so much of it going on.

I didn't take it that the sentence meant they could appear...but rather that they can and are.

But guess it's all in the wording.

Unfortunately your probably preaching to the wrong person on this subject.... as a victim (child) at the hands of a paedophile (adult)...forgive me for having little to no sympathy for their plight .... maybe if I was never abused I could be more forgiving and display more empathy...alas my innocence to think objectively on the subject had been stolen from me along time ago....

forensic criminologist Claire Ferguson said identifying the suspect could be the more arduous task.
“Getting rid of the body in that way is probably a desire to distance themselves from that as quickly as possible,” she said. “This person would have had options to do something else with the body that would have decreased the likelihood of them getting caught.

“Wanting to get rid of it so quickly could speak of their motivations a little bit and can also speak to their connection to the child.
“If they don’t feel they will be suspected of having this child anyway they might get rid of it in such a fashion, as opposed to trying to make it so the body is never discovered.”

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...-met-violent-end/story-fni6uo1m-1227446040185

I loved this snippet from Claire Ferguson ... I just wished she had of gone further in the article... and given more insight on what the possible motivations for dumping the suitcase were ....

ETA: I wonder if she could be contacted and asked to comment on here....love to pick her brains...

so a few scenarios of the person who disposed of this little angel on the side of the road could be...
he didnt kill her, knew he couldnt be implicated, so didnt care where he put her?
or
he did kill her, didnt care anymore, tying up loose ends, knew he was going to die, illness/ suicide?
or
he did kill her, didnt think there would be any dna left to implicate him, she wasnt related to him, sold house, moving overseas?

Unfortunately your probably preaching to the wrong person on this subject.... as a victim (child) at the hands of a paedophile (adult)...forgive me for having little to no sympathy for their plight .... maybe if I was never abused I could be more forgiving and display more empathy...alas my innocence to think objectively on the subject had been stolen from me along time ago....

I can't pretend to know how you feel. But I've thought for a long time child molesters should be shot. And banished to their own special place in hell.

I soooo want to understand what that means ...???

ETA: I emailed her and asked if she would be interested in joining our discussion....Hey, she can only say no...or ignore my email.

i have been wondering if this is what happened to this little angel and would explain why nobody missed her or cared to report her missing?
there was a horrible case a few years ago, in sydney, cant remember who the paedophile was, he befriended a tired mother who was obviously struggling at a train station and said he would look after her 2 young children, he and another man raped them over days, the mother had no idea and just let her children go! he may not have been caught if one hadnt died!
http://murderpedia.org/male.C/c/clare-william-thomas.htm

WARNING DISTURBING CONTENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads