AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That may well be the case. The PO distributes pensions to those, or acts as a bank, the old way. Doctors can come through fortnightly/
I guess you have to be there to find out. Without some form of infrastructure towns wouldn't hold up. There must be a way. Thousands of regional pensioners depend on it.

As for people living in caravans, there is a lot of people living in caravans. Semi-permanent are all they can afford. People have lived in less. Children need love. The rest is worthless without it. You'd be surprised at what goes on in mansions. Grumpy people there too.

I didn't know it was possible to collect a pension from a PO. Don't they all get paid directly into a bank account these days?

[h=1]Community Postal Agents (CPAs)[/h]We have over 700 CPAs, with about 90 per cent of them operating as part of another business, such as a general store.
All CPAs operate under a common agreement, which is renewable every two years.
CPAs can offer varying mail and postage services. At a minimum, they offer basic postage assessment, stamp sales and over-the-counter mail acceptance and delivery. They don't offer agency services such bill payment and banking.

http://auspost.com.au/about-us/community-postal-agents.html

So he wouldn't be cashing a cheque or doing anything financial there.

Probably which would mean in such a small country town that they use a local ATM. Depending, they may draw out cash from a bank passbook? They still exist?
Pay the power bills or similar?
Im thinking medicine but its probably irellivent. He may have nothing to do with it.

I didn't know it was possible to collect a pension from a PO. Don't they all get paid directly into a bank account these days?

Probably which would mean in such a small country town that they use a local ATM. Depending, they may draw out cash from a bank passbook? They still exist?
Pay the power bills or similar?
Im thinking medicine but its probably irellivent. He may have nothing to do with it.

For bill payment, atm use etc they probably have to go to Karoonda. It's only just up the road.

Community Postal Agents (CPAs)

We have over 700 CPAs, with about 90 per cent of them operating as part of another business, such as a general store.
CPAs can offer varying mail and postage services. At a minimum, they offer basic postage assessment, stamp sales and over-the-counter mail acceptance and delivery. They don't offer agency services such bill payment and banking.

I wonder what this other business that this PO is operated together with?

I don’t expect the suitcase man had went into the PO, don’t think he needs the postal service there. He is considered not a local and might be someone who had a dark secret, I think it is unlikely that he wanted himself to be noticed.

But I would be interested to know if the PO might had any CCTV outside which might captured him walking past? I am sure the police would had thought of it already.

Who knows. Someone may have given suitcase man a lift, got so far and said, get that bloody smelly case out my car.
Or thrown it out the car and suitcase man has come back 2 weeks later looking for the case that hd been shifted up the road.

Many of you might have noticed the PO CPA on the Wynarka map, at first I didn’t understand what CPA was but after searching on the internet it stands for Post Office Community Postal Agents, I thought it is a not open for service type of office. Just now looking on the internet, it is actually opened for services but only in the morning 8am to 10:30am on weekdays.

http://auspost.com.au/pol/app/locate/post-office/SA/Wynarka/5306/Wynarka-CPA-561713

Post offices are also Commonwealth Bank agencies and are online to pay utility bills and council rates etc.

Search Australia post services. People at age 60 utilise these services in regional areas for a number of reasons. In this case it may have been govt communications.
The older people are in regional towns the more they need these services, least there being no internet. In saying this, some of the clothes appeared to be copy clothing, possibly ordered off Ebay etc. I feel they may have been acquired second hand Good Sammys etc

CCTV would be managed by the private proprietor of the Australia Post franchisee (If thats what they call them?)

The big one with many small towns, is a community member runs a small shop in some minor towns as community service just to keep infrastructure in place. The shop can be attached sometimes to other businesses such as caravan parks.

The community non-profit shops run services to underpin business residents such as farmers, fishermen etc. In some towns, some business, and tourism would collapse without community shop

auspost.com.au

I wonder what this other business that this PO is operated together with?

I don’t expect the suitcase man had went into the PO, don’t think he needs the postal service there. He is considered not a local and might be someone who had a dark secret, I think it is unlikely that he wanted himself to be noticed.

But I would be interested to know if the PO might had any CCTV outside which might captured him walking past? I am sure the police would had thought of it already.

wynarka-austpost.jpg

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...on-daniels-death/story-fni0fee2-1226788127575

Father waits for answers on Daniel's death
ANGUS THOMPSON SUNDAY HERALD SUN DECEMBER 21, 2013

His coronial inquest - more than five years after his bones were dragged from beneath a

Myrtleford home his mother once rented - appeared to raise as many questions as it answered.

The role of his mother, Donna Thomas, and his babysitter Mandy Martyn, have been central to police investigations since Daniel's disappearance.

Daniel and Donna moved into Ms Martyn's Standish St home in September 2003, about seven weeks before the boy vanished.

Daniel was routinely hogtied, strung onto bed slats and forced into a cupboard for hours at a time, his mother said.

Chux wipes were stuffed into his mouth to stop him screaming. Ms Thomas claimed she watched on helplessly as half her son's face was forced beneath the bath water.

Ms Thomas told police she entered Ms Martyn's bathroom on October 13, 2003, to find her son on the cusp of death, on his back, his arms over the side of the bath.

That night Ms Martyn allegedly admitted to putting Daniel's body in a pram and taking it to Ms Thomas's Lawrence St address before placing it beneath the house.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/n...dler-daniel-thomas-death-20150201-1333m6.html

No charges to be laid over toddler Daniel Thomas' death

Maybe little Angel was a child in care of Ms Martyn after the death of toddler Daniel (2003) and tortured with another mother's consent?

Or maybe there are "more Ms Martyns" somewhere who torture childs until death and then put them under houses or in suitcases on the side of a highway or similar?

This must be one of the most disturbing things I have read. It msde my stomach lurch.

Community Postal Agents (CPAs)

We have over 700 CPAs, with about 90 per cent of them operating as part of another business, such as a general store.

Post offices are also Commonwealth Bank agencies and are online to pay utility bills and council rates etc.

They’ll get you, according to the above Aust Post link, it said CPAs “don't offer agency services such bill payment and banking.”

Is that the Wynarka Post Office, or Post Offices in general in Australia? In many countries, thousands of PO's have closed down in recent years. They're not necessarily to be found in every small town, let alone a tiny one. Was the one in Wynarka fully operational?

I also wonder if Wynarka would be the kind of place someone would come to expressly to use the Post Office, when far more would abound in the bigger places....is there a special service or facility of some kind offered in Wynarka that wasn't available in towns nearby, perhaps?

At any rate, wouldn't the PO, if it is indeed operational, have been one of the first ports of call for police?

If suitcase man DID go there, it's highly likely that this case would have jogged the memory of the person who runs it. Wouldn't they now remember that they served a complete stranger to the town, perhaps carrying a suitcase....And wouldn't they have valuable information on him? If he had collected a pension, we'd have his identity!

Even if it was just a cash transaction of some kind that he made, something less traceable, it would still provide police with at least something to go on as to whether he was likely to be involved in this whole thing or not.

And if he was in Wynarka in order to use the Post Office, then he made more than one visit there (if witness accounts about him having been in the vicinity on two separate dates are to be trusted), increasing the likelihood of the person who served him remembering him.

Living in a rural area and working in an even more remote town similar to Wynarka, I can tell you from personal experience that the Post Office is utilised for more than just posting letters. It also serves as a general store, take away foods and drinks, coffee and chatting spots, meeting place for various groups, drop off point for deliveries of every size, newsagency, a sorting facility for post, parcels, groceries etc, to the surrounding properties - not sure in SA but in NSW, the "postie" delivers up to 300kms away, twice a week. In QLD, it's similar. I was on a property 250kms out of Charleville and the postie delivered anything and everything twice a week.. even a few guests! Boy, the gossip and stick-your-nose-in that happens is WOW.

So suitcase man is a mystery, still... I wonder if it was a local not dressed in his usual attire so being "well dressed" stuck in the mind of the witness.

Truck drivers definately know where they are at all times. They need to log their journeys. Also, there are set routes. Truckies see each other on their journeys. If there was anything a bit weird, they would notice. My husband has close family in the trucking/transport business and they have told me this themselves. I'm thinking truckies didnt see anything.... more likely a private vehicle

I just hoping the little Wynarka Angel is named soon.

I'm finding it hard to comprehend a relative allowing a little girl to live in a tiny caravan in this way. If the relative had a home with all the luxuries that they were going without, wouldn't they offer at least to take the little girl in temporarily while in this circumstance?

My husband and his sister lived in a caravan for a number of years when they were very young. He hated it in hindsight but at the time he didn't see it as out of place for a kid to live in one. Where I live we have quite a few people raising families in caravans because there is no other option for them. It's not something I would like for my kids but some parents have no other option I guess. I guess it's just like the families who have to live in their cars or tents in friends' backyards.

Truck drivers definately know where they are at all times. They need to log their journeys. Also, there are set routes. Truckies see each other on their journeys. If there was anything a bit weird, they would notice. My husband has close family in the trucking/transport business and they have told me this themselves. I'm thinking truckies didnt see anything.... more likely a private vehicle

My husband drives trucks, too. They can be monitored through cameras and GPS to make sure they are travelling at the right speed and not taking unauthorised detours. I think in capital cities there are lots of cameras about every X number of k's tracking the distance travelled and in a certain amount of time. There is one big trucking company who have their drivers constantly monitored remotely through head office via real-time GPS. If they have driven slightly over time without a break they'll get a phone call telling them to pull over immediately and they can be fined for log book breaches. I'm pretty sure any trucks known to be travelling around the area in the time frame police have stated would have been checked out. I think the suitcase would have come via a private vehicle, too.

still don't buy the suitcase man theories. I think he may be a figment of some people's imagination for their 5 minutes of fame

If suitcase man used an ATM kiosk in the shop, the record would be there. He has turned up twice. If its on the same day then it maybe a service he uses, or a service the person that dropped him off uses, if he was dropped off, then someone else may use or is on the way somewhere else.

I must say if I came across a suitcase Id probably be overwhelmed with what to do. Automatically you would think ring police, but maybe someone might find the case and fear they become embroiled in a media storm. It does scare people, more so maybe older.

They’ll get you, according to the above Aust Post link, it said CPAs “don't offer agency services such bill payment and banking.”

still don't buy the suitcase man theories. I think he may be a figment of some people's imagination for their 5 minutes of fame

May be not for the fame but, yes, people do imagine things.

If suitcase man used an ATM kiosk in the shop, the record would be there. He has turned up twice. If its on the same day then it maybe a service he uses, or a service the person that dropped him off uses, if he was dropped off, then someone else may use or is on the way somewhere else.

I must say if I came across a suitcase Id probably be overwhelmed with what to do. Automatically you would think ring police, but maybe someone might find the case and fear they become embroiled in a media storm. It does scare people, more so maybe older.

If the suitcase man is related to this child bones, he seems to be well prepared before he entered the town, I think it is unlikely for this organised person to allow to have any traces of his existence by using a local atm. But it is definitely worth for the police to check all the atm transactions between Mar to May where there might be anyone whose address is not located within Wynarka or not a local.

May be not for the fame but, yes, people do imagine things.

Perhaps recollections have become more distorted into imaginings as time has progressed further down the track after the first reporting of the suitcase. Imaginings increased with media reports, town gossip etc to fit into whatever is being discussed at the time.

If you brought Angel from a wider area. Say an eastern capital city. If you were in Wynarka, it would logical you were heading to Tailems Bend or doing a loop back maybe down the coastal road back to eastern capital cities? If you came from the east.

http://postimg.org/image/yrbiyrp41/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member