AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If suitcase man used an ATM kiosk in the shop, the record would be there. He has turned up twice. If its on the same day then it maybe a service he uses, or a service the person that dropped him off uses, if he was dropped off, then someone else may use or is on the way somewhere else.

I must say if I came across a suitcase Id probably be overwhelmed with what to do. Automatically you would think ring police, but maybe someone might find the case and fear they become embroiled in a media storm. It does scare people, more so maybe older.

There is no shop and no ATM.
There is nothing in Wynarka that is anything like shop.
The only public commercial enterprise (if it can be called that) is a private home where the post is delivered and can be collected during a 2 hour period 5 days a week.

Probably which would mean in such a small country town that they use a local ATM. Depending, they may draw out cash from a bank passbook? They still exist?
Pay the power bills or similar?
Im thinking medicine but its probably irellivent. He may have nothing to do with it.

The is no ATM in Wynarka and no EFTPOS facilities other than in the private home that is the CPO for 2 hours a day, and that is only for paying for postage. They don't do bill payments or any other transactions at all.

I wonder what this other business that this PO is operated together with?

I don’t expect the suitcase man had went into the PO, don’t think he needs the postal service there. He is considered not a local and might be someone who had a dark secret, I think it is unlikely that he wanted himself to be noticed.

But I would be interested to know if the PO might had any CCTV outside which might captured him walking past? I am sure the police would had thought of it already.

It is a private home.

Post offices are also Commonwealth Bank agencies and are online to pay utility bills and council rates etc.

But CPOs specifically do NOT offer any facility other than postage.
None at all.
It is in the definition of a CPO which I posted a couple of pages back.

Assuming Australia Post know where the Wynarka PO is :) and what services they offer, this is the detail:
attachment.php

You can see the location on the map.

Here is the aerial photo.

attachment.php

and here is the street view of that exact location:
attachment.php

As you can see, the CPO is located in the home of the people who also rune the transport business.
Makes sense, as that seems to be the only business in town

Attachments

• po2.gif
    po2.gif
    35.9 KB · Views: 292
  • po3.gif
    po3.gif
    90 KB · Views: 284
  • po4.gif
    po4.gif
    229.1 KB · Views: 282
But you will also notice that at the time of the street photo (2010) there is no signage of any sort to indicate that the PO is there.
Only the locals would know.
A visitor to the town would not know this was the PO.

The trucking business is called Wynarka Transport and has a separate phone number.

attachment.php

Attachments

• po5.gif
    po5.gif
    28 KB · Views: 452
No worries. She is actually my friend's sister and I don't know her particularly well, but in her defence, she does think the idea of a fake investigation is preposterous. She was just relating what she was hearing from locals.

I think locals have been finding the investigation intrusive.
She said that many had had their sheds searched but that when the owners ask police what they are looking for the police say it is "part of the murder investigation" and nothing more.
She also said that some locals were using the investigation to "get even" with people they don't like by phoning in anonymous tip-offs to Crime Stoppers so that their properties get searched.

Then suitcase man maybe a bit player, educated for being "the suitcase man" for police? - As if I would have known, I changed/deleted my avatar ... :D

I suppose that it is inevitable that as this case drags on and the police announce no new leads or evidence or lines of enquiry, people get fed up and suspicious.

Automatically you would think ring police.
I grew up in a poor area, you learn to not trust the police and with damn good reason! In many ways, I still don't. Between the ages of 10-30yo, yes, I would have reported it but it would have been anonymously from a public phone. And that's from someone who has always been law abiding.

I grew up in a poor area, you learn to not trust the police and with damn good reason! In many ways, I still don't. Between the ages of 10-30yo, yes, I would have reported it but it would have been anonymously from a public phone. And that's from someone who has always been law abiding.

Sadly, I think that is true, Kustom.
A negative attitude to police when you are a child doesn't necessarily change when you grow up.
Some people will always distrust the police and avoid contacting them at all costs.

My apologies for posting the same things twice, but I am getting a message that says "database error" when I post.
I am also unable to edit the post as I get the same error message.
However, the post does actually appear.
Very strange.

I am getting sick of all the secrecy and lack of information on this case. Angel certainly deserves more! We have had little info regarding the bush search more than 2 weeks ago. They found a book and a pink rag but we never really got adequate info about any of their findings. One day they are searching bushland and I have hope for news then the next day complete silence. I just don't get any of it. If they don't know any more than just let the public know that, don't keep playing secret squirrels cause it doing my head in. :curses:

Sadly, I think that is true, Kustom.
A negative attitude to police when you are a child doesn't necessarily change when you grow up.
Some people will always distrust the police and avoid contacting them at all costs.

The social problems caused by police abusing their power, or even the scale at which it occurs, seems to be largely unrecognized and/or not well understood.

They’ll get you, according to the above Aust Post link, it said CPAs “don't offer agency services such bill payment and banking.”

My mum pays her utility bills and cash withdrawals at the post office as she still has the old CBA bank book. But because Wynarka PO appears to be so small, maybe they don't handle cash transactions, which is understandable.

When this little one's remains were first found - I honestly thought she would be identified and the case solved fairly promptly.
:sigh:

Assuming Australia Post know where the Wynarka PO is :) and what services they offer, this is the detail:
attachment.php

You can see the location on the map.

Here is the aerial photo.

attachment.php

and here is the street view of that exact location:
attachment.php

As you can see, the CPO is located in the home of the people who also rune the transport business.
Makes sense, as that seems to be the only business in town

There's no signs indicating it is a PO but I zoomed in on the LHS corner of the house and I (think) I can see a red pillar. Red being the colours of AustPost the door could be from the carpark side. You'd have Buckleys of knowing it exists if you weren't a local.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ghosty_gal