Australia - 3 dead after eating wild mushrooms, Leongatha, Victoria, Aug 2023 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think she wants to reconcile with him. It sounds to me that once she got the inheritance from her parents, she was financially secure and didn't need her hubby for financial support anymore. But she might be very unhappy if she has to part with some of that inheritance in case of divorce.
Yes, unhappy with giving up some of that inheritance and unhappy with sharing custody of their young children, especially to someone who was never around much anyway.

Perhaps his family was pushing for joint custody so they could have the kids half of the time?

Yes, unhappy with giving up some of that inheritance and unhappy with sharing custody of their young children, especially to someone who was never around much anyway.

Perhaps his family was pushing for joint custody so they could have the kids half of the time?
It would not be uncommon for grandparents to want to spend time with their grandchildren.

It was extremely irresponsible for the tradesperson to have allowed the media access to the photo, or to have discussed the matter with them at all.

I wouldn't be having such a tradesperson in my home in the future. I think they have likely negated their own reputation for customer privacy (if they had such a necessary reputation to begin with).
Sensationalist journalism shows no respect for the victims at all.
they even photographed the notes on their grave after their private funeral SB and the children.

These are treacherous waters.
I'm really quite alarmed.

There is no controlling of the fallout from this.
The internet is a beast.

It would not be uncommon for grandparents to want to spend time with their grandchildren.
Of course not. But divorce custody battles are often very toxic. There is a difference between me wanting to spend time visiting my grandkids, and me pushing for some kind of leverage in a custody battle between my son and daughter-in-law.

Of course not. But divorce custody battles are often very toxic. There is a difference between me wanting to spend time visiting my grandkids, and me pushing for some kind of leverage in a custody battle between my son and daughter-in-law.
I was agreeing with your post. SP might have not cared to demand a lot of custody time with the kids, but maybe grandparents wanted otherwise.

I was agreeing with your post. SP might have not cared to demand a lot of custody time with the kids, but maybe grandparents wanted otherwise.
That's what I'm wondering too.
Just speculation on my part---but they did move around a little in earlier years. Maybe EP was wanting to sell off the properties, come to resolution with SP financially and then move the kids away for a fresh start somewhere?

Maybe the only people pushing back on that were the in-laws?

Also thought it was odd that the Real Estate Agents arranged for the painter, rather than the homeowner. Is that how it’s normally done in Oz?
Wasn't it done as part of getting the house ready to sell? IMO That would make sense for the realtor to arrange if that was the case, and do we know he didn't do the whole interior or at least the whole room?

There is nothing to suggest AT ALL that there was any kind of custody battle, or any other sort of "battle".

Erin branded contributors to Korumburra newsletter The Burra Flyer 'illiterate motherf**kers' during a rant to an old friend.

A person claiming to be a former friend of the 46-year old spilled the beans on the Leongatha stay-at-home mum on a true crime online forum.

Images of a young Erin Patterson have emerged online

75029437-12477099-image-m-37_1693805742566.jpg

A post allegedly written by Erin Patterson has been shared shared online by a former friend

While people shouldn't be sharing private communications, I don't find the content malicious. I think EP emerges as a most attractive person.

didn't EP bring beef wellington "leftovers" to the toxicology people or the doctors after the fact for testing? if i remember that correctly, i wonder if she was sweating about that and had to make a whole new beef wellington with normal mushrooms lol. moo

I am trying to look at the situation from two sides.

One, EP's. Now we know that she did work, several jobs, and is a smart person. She was unhappy that SP was always absent. It seems that their lives were on divergent courses for quite a while. If, as her friend says, EP was an atheist, I can see the rift between her and her in-laws who were staunchly religious but perhaps wanted more time with grandchildren. This is the situation for a family counselor to resolve. Plus, if EP was extremely introverted, and SP, outgoing, I would not be surprised if he himself had more support in the community. It is not an easy situation for EP.
Regarding SP's mysterious illness. If C.diff or any severe GI infection (salmonella, shigella, campylobacter), home-treated with antidiarrheal drug, ended with pseudomembranous colitis, I can imagine what happened next. (C. Diff is on the rise, btw, and so are all major GI infections. Blame emergence of antibiotic resistance). JMO - EP did not need to poison SP, and maybe, it is his fantasy. If EP was the carrier of C.diff or other pathogen and SP had poor immunity to it, then small wonder that each time he spent time with EP, he felt unwell. All of it has normal biological explanation.

Now, the Patterson's and the Wilkinson's lunch and subsequent death of the three out of four guests changes everything. Nothing, neither dysfunctional family life, nor the need to divide the property, nor potentially the kids' parenting plan could explain the need for three people to die. The dehydrator or not, it is hard for me to explain the input and the outcome without suspecting EP's involvement somewhere along the way.

In short: on the human side, I'd probably tend to support EP till these deaths in her house. Now, she looks like a poi. She has to provide a more cohesive explanation and stop blaming the supermarket. On the other hand, SP's illness could have a more reasonable explanation than poisoning. Also: painters who come to clients' houses to paint walls, take photos and sell them to newspapers are unprofessional.

Last edited:
Their ages were reported in this article:

"It sold for $900,000 four years ago, and it was after this that Erin bought the Korumburra house now infamous for having so-called 'Satanic' death messages scrawled on the walls by her children, who are now aged about 12 and 14."

But that's the problem. In my own state, I'd probably define Satanists as immature atheists. In more religious places, people self-identifying as Satanists might be seriously risking, but they are adults. But for a Daily Mail to imply that children are writing "satanic" messages is vile. We really don't know anything about the kids. According to the census, Leongatha is over 50% secular, but what about the other 50%?

Plus, the children are not with the mother, and the decision to remove them was right given the deaths in the house. But who knows where they are now? What if someone decides to subject these kids to exorcism due to this wall and traumatizes them even more? What about their classmates? I think that the Daily Mail has overstepped all boundaries.

But that's the problem. In my own state, I'd probably define Satanists as immature atheists. In more religious places, people self-identifying as Satanists might be seriously risking, but they are adults. But for a Daily Mail to imply that children are writing "satanic" messages is vile. We really don't know anything about the kids. According to the census, Leongatha is over 50% secular, but what about the other 50%?

Plus, the children are not with the mother, and the decision to remove them was right given the deaths in the house. But who knows where they are now? What if someone decides to subject these kids to exorcism due to this wall and traumatizes them even more? What about their classmates? I think that the Daily Mail has overstepped all boundaries.
Friends I've had who identified as Satanists referred to it as the worship of mankind, our brains, our potential. Not some crazy pro-devil stuff.

Friends I've had who identified as Satanists referred to it as the worship of mankind, our brains, our potential. Not some crazy pro-devil stuff.

I mean, if people define themselves as secular, but then say, hail, Satan, what can I do but shrug my shoulders? Secular is a normal definition, anything on top is attention-seeking, hence I say, immature. However, we have states where the house speakers call public schools "Satanic plot"; there, people defining themselves as satanists might be risking. But that's beyond the point. The point is the behavior of the DM who I think is on the verge of accusing children.

There is nothing to suggest AT ALL that there was any kind of custody battle, or any other sort of "battle".
I think it is unusual that there wouldn't be some kind of serious negotiation going on, in a separation that involved multiple properties and 2 young children.

The msm articles are saying there was a mediation that day, in which the children needed to be away from the meAl.

So there are some things to suggest there were some issues needed to be worked out. The ex didn't even agree to attend.

didn't EP bring beef wellington "leftovers" to the toxicology people or the doctors after the fact for testing? if i remember that correctly, i wonder if she was sweating about that and had to make a whole new beef wellington with normal mushrooms lol. moo
Maybe she did have to. Or she may have put the toxic ingredients into a gravy or a mushroom sauce, so she only had to give investigators the beef wellington, minus the death caps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
everyoneblooms