Australia - 3 dead after eating wild mushrooms, Leongatha, Victoria, Aug 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Understood. But outright murder is usually to get inheritance or insurance. Would she have murdered these people simply over a relationship issue?

And what about the fact that there seems to have been an attempt on the husband in May?

I really thought this was a simple case of she wanted everyone out of the way so all $$ and property would go to her and her kids. Now I’m baffled.
re: bbm: I mean, men annihilate their families for reasons like that. Why not women? Even if rare.
I will say also though, just because she is living quite comfortably doesn't mean a financial motive isn't still possible. Lots of rich people want to get richer. If people were happy merely being well-off, nobody would become a billionaire.
All JMO, IMO, speculation, allegedly, she might not have done anything etc etc etc

re: bbm: I mean, men annihilate their families for reasons like that. Why not women? Even if rare.
I will say also though, just because she is living quite comfortably doesn't mean a financial motive isn't still possible. Lots of rich people want to get richer. If people were happy merely being well-off, nobody would become a billionaire.
All JMO, IMO, speculation, allegedly, she might not have done anything etc etc etc
Good observations. Thanks.

Reactions: MrJ
Yes.

As a human very unmotivated by money, and very motivated by emotion, I can say that the “revenge” of rejection makes much more sense to me as a motive to kill a group of people.

Moo
Interesting point.

All opinion and no fact here too, but I question whether she actually wanted the husband back as much as she wanted him dead.
The movie Misery comes to mind.. Pure conjecture here, but with the parents out of the way, and him being sick, maybe the thought was that the husband would turn to her for support and they’d get back together?

If this was intentional, why go through with it when the ex-husband isn't in attendance?
The pies were pre made imo. Five pies mixed with death caps for the guests, and a single pie made with grocery bought mushrooms for the host. The kids probably had a heat up frozen pizza or maybe Uber Eats imo.

If this was intentional, why go through with it when the ex-husband isn't in attendance?
I’m wondering if the “last minute” cancel was really just that- she had the table set and couldn’t swap out the food at that point..
Perhaps they let her know that he wasn’t to show as he did not want to reconcile and in her rage (at them as well) she chose to move forward with her plan.

Moo

As a human very unmotivated by money, and very motivated by emotion, I can say that the “revenge” of rejection makes much more sense to me as a motive to kill a group of people.

You're not alone. I'm also not very motivated by money but highly motivated by feelings and emotions. ETA- NOT that I would want to harm others, however.

The pies were pre made imo. Five pies mixed with death caps for the guests, and a single pie made with grocery bought mushrooms for the host.

That is a "whoa" speculation IMO. Stops me in my tracks to think about.

I’m wondering if the “last minute” cancel was really just that- she had the table set and couldn’t swap out the food at that point..
Perhaps they let her know that he wasn’t to show as he did not want to reconcile and in her rage (at them as well) she chose to move forward with her plan.

Moo
Right, she could have said it got burnt in the oven and they’d have to do a rain check or eat at a restaurant.

Very sad. I doubt it would be intentional, but I guess you never know. It's widely publicised in Victoria to never eat wild mushrooms.

Sorry this is OT, however most following this news today would also be following the other - is there any discussion of Maryam Hamka on webslueths? Her body was finally found today. I have been checking webslueths for over 2 years with no results and don't understand if I'm searching incorrectly,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member