Australia - 3 dead after eating wild mushrooms, Leongatha, Victoria, Aug 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I read that right? The article says (unless I read wrong) that HE picked the mushrooms that made him ill.

Yes, she cooked the meal but HE picked the mushrooms thinking they weren't toxic, and gave them to her to put in the pot.

That does change the feel of the earlier incident to me. This recent incident still baffling though.

MOO
No, that is about someone else entirely. A completely different story.

There is a lot about the relationships that aren’t clear. I’ve seen it reported that the husband did suspect that she had poisoned him and also that he didn’t suspect it at all. Also reported that their relationship was amicable as well as a friend being adamant that he didn’t want to get back together (those things aren’t necessarily at odds though).

In a divorce where there are kids involved you are kind of stuck with the in-laws. Thinking about it, I wouldn’t be surprised if I got divorced if my in-laws wanted to sit down and discuss how the split would work, particularly in regards to their access to the grandchildren. That’s just the kind of people they are.

I think a lot of what we are getting is gossip via the Daily Mail. It’s not really clear if their sources are reliable.

If SP suspected that she had poisoned him and disclosed his suspicions to his family they certainly wouldn't be encouraging a reunion and could be percieved by Erin as a major threat...so maybe her solution was to poison and get rid of them all!?? In that scenario the threats are eliminated AND she doesn't have to share her wealth.

There is a lot about the relationships that aren’t clear. I’ve seen it reported that the husband did suspect that she had poisoned him and also that he didn’t suspect it at all. Also reported that their relationship was amicable as well as a friend being adamant that he didn’t want to get back together (those things aren’t necessarily at odds though).
I think the suspicion and non-suspicion could be in reference to different things. I had a friend who shortly before his separation said he thought his wife was trying to poison him because he always got sick when he ate at home. I thought it was pretty clearly psychosomatic, he felt sick around her because of the state of the relationship. Perhaps Simon experienced something like that. But on the other hand, the hospitalisation where he nearly died, he may not have had any suspicion at the time that that was due to poisoning.

If SP suspected that she had poisoned him and disclosed his suspicions to his family they certainly wouldn't be encouraging a reunion and could be percieved by Erin as a major threat...so maybe her solution was to poison and get rid of them all!?? In that scenario the threats are eliminated AND she doesn't have to share her wealth.
It's certainly a possibility that A) she did poison her ex, B) he had confided his belief/suspicion that she poisoned him to his parents plus aunt & uncle, C) she either knew or suspected that he had confided in them, and finally D) she decided to eliminate any possibility that they could speak/testify against her. Yes, it's quite possible, IMO.

It's certainly a possibility that A) she did poison her ex, B) he had confided his belief/suspicion that she poisoned him to his parents plus aunt & uncle, C) she either knew or suspected that he had confided in them, and finally D) she decided to eliminate any possibility that they could speak/testify against her. Yes, it's quite possible, IMO.
If her strategy is to eliminate anyone who suspects her--she has an exponentially growing task.

Erin may not have been actually tearing up when she was crying to the media, which I know a few people think is curious. However, I also didn’t see any evidence of ‘duper’s delight’ which can occur involuntarily when people are lying about something they’ve done and feeling pleased they may be getting away with it (note this is not a technical definition ).

It’s a really interesting phenomenon which has made me think differently whenever I see a family member give a press conference or media interview about a missing person or somebody found deceased. For a good example, check out the interview Chris Watts gave on his porch (case was from CO, USA in 2018. It’s a very well known case but I will give a TW for those not familiar………….

he killed his pregnant wife and 2 small daughters.)

Of course this doesn’t indicate she was or wasn’t telling the truth but it’s just something I noticed. To me she did look genuinely devastated, but this isn’t necessarily indicative of anything imo moo I’ll probably be wrong

Erin may not have been actually tearing up when she was crying to the media, which I know a few people think is curious. However, I also didn’t see any evidence of ‘duper’s delight’ which can occur involuntarily when people are lying about something they’ve done and feeling pleased they may be getting away with it (note this is not a technical definition ).

It’s a really interesting phenomenon which has made me think differently whenever I see a family member give a press conference or media interview about a missing person or somebody found deceased. For a good example, check out the interview Chris Watts gave on his porch (case was from CO, USA in 2018. It’s a very well known case but I will give a TW for those not familiar………….

he killed his pregnant wife and 2 small daughters.)

Of course this doesn’t indicate she was or wasn’t telling the truth but it’s just something I noticed. To me she did look genuinely devastated, but this isn’t necessarily indicative of anything imo moo I’ll probably be wrong
Well if you're going to take micro expressions as a sign of, or lack of guilt, note the following:
Erin shakes her head no when she says that and and Heather and Gail were some of the best people she had ever met.
Lack of tears
She shakes her head no when she says that she prays that Don pulls through
She states that her children love Don. What about her? Doesn't she love him?
At the end of the video she shakes her head no again when she says that she hopes with every fibre of her being that Don pulls through

They should have been wary of eating her cooking if he’d already accused her of poisoning.

Well if you're going to take micro expressions as a sign of, or lack of guilt, note the following:
Erin shakes her head no when she says that and and Heather and Gail were some of the best people she had ever met.
Lack of tears
She shakes her head no when she says that she prays that Don pulls through
She states that her children love Don. What about her? Doesn't she love him?
At the end of the video she shakes her head no again when she says that she hopes with every fibre of her being that Don pulls through
Hi Jess M, my comment was only about the duper’s delight phenomenon and that I had not seen it here.

I never said I was taking micro expressions as an indication of or lack of guilt. I actually stated that about the DD in my last paragraph.

In any case I am aware that opposing body language to spoken language can indicate signs of deception and I agree with you that some of those were evident with Erin.

Hi Jess M, my comment was only about the duper’s delight phenomenon and that I had not seen it here.

I never said I was taking micro expressions as an indication of or lack of guilt. I actually stated that about the DD in my last paragraph.

In any case I am aware that opposing body language to spoken language can indicate signs of deception and I agree with you that some of those were evident with Erin.
Yes, sorry I understand that. Psychopaths usually do display dupers delight as we have seen. I get the impression that EM isn't the full ticket in the short videos that we have seen of her. Could she have some sort of Munchausen By Proxy thing going on? Did she think she would make the victims sick, rather than actually kill them?

Her intentions were to win her xhusband back. She wanted to impress his family so she followed the Gordon Ramsay beef Wellington Recipe,

So why didn't she eat any, or her teenage kids?

Thinking out loud .. what if she had the dehydrated and powdered death caps in a jar somewhere and when she heard the ex husband wasn't going to attend she flipped out in internal fury and added them to her guests dish (say into the sauce or whatever) ..

I think she saw his family including the aunt and vicar as obstacles in her way to reuniting with her husband.

Thinking out loud .. what if she had the dehydrated and powdered death caps in a jar somewhere and when she heard the ex husband wasn't going to attend she flipped out in internal fury and added them to her guests dish (say into the sauce or whatever) ..

I think she saw his family including the aunt and vicar as obstacles in her way to reuniting with her husband.
Yes, I was thinking along those lines too. Maybe this wasn't planned but executed in anger on the day?

My thoughts only and with absolutely zero evidence and only opinion. Has anyone considered that she could be the perfect decoy for the ex husband to partake in this process. Is she that in love with the ex that she unknowingly prepared a meal in good faith that he was supposed to eat ( and didn't ) along with the others that would kill them ( bar one ). I am having trouble coming to terms with the theory that she would kill innocent people and the man she wanted to reconcile with in preparing a meal laced with killer mushrooms. What did she have to gain from this?. I am tipping the ex might be cash strapped and this may have been a way to enhance the bank balance. Or was it a team effort?. If I was the police I would be interviewing x hubby and the lady in question.
This was one of my first thoughts when i read that the ex was meant to attend the lunch as well! Then pulled out last minute...? Perhaps EP suspected something was up thats why she and the kids didnt eat the food... I wonder..?

Yes, sorry I understand that. Psychopaths usually do display dupers delight as we have seen. I get the impression that EM isn't the full ticket in the short videos that we have seen of her. Could she have some sort of Munchausen By Proxy thing going on? Did she think she would make the victims sick, rather than actually kill them?
I have no idea. It is a very strange way of trying to kill 4 people. It’s hard to believe anybody would think they’d get away with it (if she did it, of course). Then again narcs always think they’re smarter than everybody else and that everyone will believe them. So who knows?! It’s such a weird one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hawk53