Australia - 3 dead after eating wild mushrooms, Leongatha, Victoria, Aug 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol are y’all forgetting he almost died last year?
If his wife has all this cash, why would they be in cahoots together to kill his family?
He’s a victim.

Not based on evidence, opinion only - Maybe they werent in "cahoots" as such, but somehow SP snuck into the house and poisoned the food prior to the lunch? EP gained her fortune from the inheritance from her parents, maybe he thought it it was time to cash in on his? Sounds bloody horrible but anythings possible. Maybe EP caught him and suspected something thats why she and the kids didnt eat the food?

Ms Patterson's former partner Simon has claimed his ex-wife had attempted to poison him when they were still together. Picture: Facebook

Ms Patterson's former partner Simon has claimed his ex-wife had attempted to poison him when they were still together. Picture: Facebook
A close family source of Ms Patterson's former husband Simon Patterson on Thursday claimed his ex-wife had tried to poison him when they were still together.

"Simon suspected he had been poisoned by Erin," a source told The Herald Sun.

"There were times he had felt... a bit off and it coincided when he spent time with her."

That source also suggested the attempted poisoning was through nightshade plants, which includes vegetables such as tomatoes, capsicums and eggplants.

Nightshade plants contain a small amount of poisonous alkaloids and may be fatal to humans if congested in high concentrations.

SkyNews.com.au is not suggesting Ms Patterson had attempted to poison her husband.

Last edited:
(If she did it) she really thought she was going to get away with it… you don’t waste time going through the tedious process of making beef Wellington from scratch if you don’t have faith in your poisoning abilities! Lol moo imo

This case is truly next level .. I don't see how she can be innocent with only her and the kids not consuming the poisoned dinner. Like did she still eat a Beef Wellington Pie, just a non-laced one?

This case is truly next level .. I don't see how she can be innocent with only her and the kids not consuming the poisoned dinner. Like did she still eat a Beef Wellington Pie, just a non-laced one?
Beef Wellington used to be my signature dish in my 30s. It's quite expensive to buy the ingredients and quite difficult to make but everyone liked it.

Thinking out loud .. what if she had the dehydrated and powdered death caps in a jar somewhere and when she heard the ex husband wasn't going to attend she flipped out in internal fury and added them to her guests dish (say into the sauce or whatever) ..

I think she saw his family including the aunt and vicar as obstacles in her way to reuniting with her husband.
BBM. Erin might have seen them as alternative supports for her husband. She said that when her mother died, it strengthened her relationship with Gail. Then she might expect that if his mother and the rest of them were to die, she (Erin) would be left as Simon's safe maternal place.

This was one of my first thoughts when i read that the ex was meant to attend the lunch as well! Then pulled out last minute...? Perhaps EP suspected something was up thats why she and the kids didnt eat the food... I wonder..?
I did consider that the ex might be involved and he did look a bit dodgy in that video clip. What puts me off this theory is the fact that he himself could well have been poisoned by his ex, from what we've now learned. The police have clearly said that Erin is the only suspect. I'm just wondering if it was something she did in the heat of the moment when her plans didn't work out, but who keeps a jar of poison mushrooms on hand, just in case?... :confused:

I'm put off eating at people's houses after this, like especially pillar of the community churchy types going through a divorce and will definitely never be getting involved in anyone elses relationship .. even if I try and convince myself I'm helping!

Plus, she says she bought the mushrooms at a shop, but there’s no sign that other shoppers died?
I know. I didn't know about that when I posted that comment. Then after she told police that and they questioned her further, she refused to comment...

I just hope she didn't leave her poor dog at home.

I did consider that the ex might be involved and he did look a bit dodgy in that video clip. What puts me off this theory is the fact that he himself could well have been poisoned by his ex, from what we've now learned. The police have clearly said that Erin is the only suspect. I'm just wondering if it was something she did in the heat of the moment when her plans didn't work out, but who keeps a jar of poison mushrooms on hand, just in case?... :confused:
BBM1. I may have missed it. But I don't recall police clearly saying that Erin is the only suspect. They've said, and clearly, that she is a suspect, and they haven't said that anyone else is a suspect. But that's not the same thing.

BBM2. Exactly.

So why didn't she eat any, or her teenage kids?
She may have used store bought mushroom to make the pies the day prior. Then decided to forage for mushrooms or use dehydrated mushroom powder in the pantry for the mushroom sauce. ? Kids always prefer tomato sauce.

The kids will hold some key information.

Plus, she says she bought the mushrooms at a shop, but there’s no sign that other shoppers died?
I think this stands out to me as a blatant lie. I have been dabbling in growing mushrooms ant home (the edible kind) and I can’t see how there could possibly be a mix up. My understanding is that deathcaps are a variety that grow in symbiosis with a tree, they don’t just accidentally pop up in a sterile growing medium that has been inoculated with a specific mushroom spawn.

I don’t know of wild foraged mushrooms being sold in stores with the exception of truffles which are very identifiable. Even exotic looking mushrooms in the shops (sometimes sold as “wild”) are grown in controlled conditions. Please correct me if you know of other wild foraged mushrooms sold in Australia.

She may have used store bought mushroom to make the pies the day prior. Then decided to forage for mushrooms or use dehydrated mushroom powder in the pantry for the mushroom sauce. ? Kids always prefer tomato sauce.

The kids will hold some key information.
I don't think so.

BBM1. I may have missed it. But I don't recall police clearly saying that Erin is the only suspect. They've said, and clearly, that she is a suspect, and they haven't said that anyone else is a suspect. But that's not the same thing.

BBM2. Exactly.
Yes, you're right but she is the only one that they have so far named as being a suspect..

You’re thinking something like Munchausen by Proxy? This would mean something like gaining an emotional goody by creating suffering (often medical, and often in a child) in another.

For that matter, do we even know the current status of the children? Does mom have them? Dad?

You’re thinking something like Munchausen by Proxy? This would mean something like gaining an emotional goody by creating suffering (often medical, and often in a child) in another.

For that matter, do we even know the current status of the children? Does mom have them? Dad?
I wasn't referring to her children in this case. I was just putting ideas out there, but I don't think this is the case.

The children have been removed from her care as a result of this.

Erin may not have been actually tearing up when she was crying to the media, which I know a few people think is curious. However, I also didn’t see any evidence of ‘duper’s delight’ which can occur involuntarily when people are lying about something they’ve done and feeling pleased they may be getting away with it (note this is not a technical definition ).

It’s a really interesting phenomenon which has made me think differently whenever I see a family member give a press conference or media interview about a missing person or somebody found deceased. For a good example, check out the interview Chris Watts gave on his porch (case was from CO, USA in 2018. It’s a very well known case but I will give a TW for those not familiar………….

he killed his pregnant wife and 2 small daughters.)

Of course this doesn’t indicate she was or wasn’t telling the truth but it’s just something I noticed. To me she did look genuinely devastated, but this isn’t necessarily indicative of anything imo moo I’ll probably be wrong
It’s funny - I actually thought that, right at the end as she turned from the cameras and was getting into the car, the loud weird crying sounds could have been her masking a different emotional response such as laughing or even anger. It didn’t seem like genuine crying anyway.

I found her crying response to the media to be disingenuous, but then again I don’t know what she’s like in general. She made a lot of self-referential comments, much like CW in his interview to media, about how she feels about what happened rather than how anyone else would be feeling. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member