Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why should she have to if she has no involvement?

She doesn't *have* to. It just seems logical to me that anyone who was wrongly connected to a murder would want to clear their name ASAP.

Easier said then done...

All she has to do is write a simple statement and release it to the media. Another poster(sorry I forget your name, sounds like Osaka) has already done this for her if she has a sudden case fo writer's block.

... and I don't think the average person could possibly know how they would react until they were in that exact same position or situation,...

Most everyone has at one time or another been accused of doing or being involved in something that they are innocent of, and know full well the feeling of outrage that comes along with that.

How many people would sit back and not speak out and defend themselves when wrongly implicated in something as serious as murder?

What person would think not to defend themselves? Hell, even guilty people proclaim their innocence right up to the electric chair.

and trying to commentate on it is futile.

Then why are you commentating on it? By your own logic, unless you have been implicated in a murder, you are in no place to defend TM.

We already know that affairs, cheating on spouses and lies and deception is common in our society.

Who is "we". I don't take this statement for granted.

just type 'affair' into google and it will bring up 3-4 dedicatd websites whereby you can hook up or connect with other people interested in said activity.

I don't accept random google searches as an authority on what is or is not common in our society. perhaps you could find some references to studies in peer reviewed journals that support your statement.

So lets not condemn people to a public stoning as a result. Whilst morally wrong, its not illegal and seems to be rife. By all means have a low opinion on people who carry out this activity, that is your right.

'Stoning' IS illegal, morally wrong and certainly not rife in Australian society. I absolutely have a low opinion of anyone who would subject another individual to such a torturous death in low opinion.

Sunday Mail's absolute blatant disregard for this woman's privacy is shocking and their total disregard of the repurcussions this story will have for her and her family is abhorent.

According to the story TM has freely admitted to the affair. I'm not sure how that undermines her right to privacy.

The way they even tried to sell the story by an 'exclusive' on the front page directing people to a double page spread on pages 4 & 5 is pure sensationalism.

Sensationalism is the currency of the mass media, but the facts reported that she had an affair with GBC and was extensively interviewed by the police are true.

They tried to pass it off as if it were a NEW story or development in the case when we all know they have known about it since day 1. They would have just been waiting for enough people to have told them that 'she confirmed the affair to the police' so as to protect their dirty behinds.
Central to the investigation my absolute **** !This is the only way they could have possibly justified printing the story to begin with.

I’m not sure what you mean here or how it is relevant to the case.

TM is no doubt one of dozens of people who have been interviewed over this case, its standard procedure.

Agree, but I doubt the majority of the other people were having an affair with GBC.

Of course she was probably higher up the food chain and rightly so. just like the husband is always right at the very top of the food chain in cases like this

I'm not sure what this means. Are you talking about social status? How is this relevant?
Are you talking about murder specifically when you say "the husband is always right at the very top of the food chain in cases like this"?

They even bought in the 'crime editor' as author of the story so as to make it look even more sensational..what was wrong with the other two goons printing the story?? not a good enough title?? Not BREAKING NEWS enough??

I don't know. You accused me of being naive about the mass media in a previous post so I'm not sure why you're asking me this.

I don't know if she is involved anymore than they do, you can know 100% for sure that QPS wouldn't be telling them.

If you don’t know if she is involved then why are you defending her?

How can I know "100% for sure that QPS wouldn't be telling them."?

Who is "them"? Do you mean the media?

We all know about it on this forum because we have been making it our business to know more about it but the whole state didnt know about it until yesterday and just why the hell should they know about it until it becomes clear whether she was involved in the murder of another human being!!!!!!

If we knew about it then the media knew about it. If the public did not know about it then surely this justifies the media in running a story about it.

And anyone who says "because its central to the investigation is kiddin themselves"...

Kidding themselves about what?

There are hundreds of bits of info about people and their lives and their movements that are probably 'central' to this investigation but do you see Sunday Mail writing about them all?

No, because the media are not psychics and don’t know what the police haven't told them about.

Why?? cause it wasn't as good a 'story' as this one!!

Really? You think the affair is a bigger 'story' than who killed Allison?

further to that Case Closed I have never been a big fan of the term home wrecker or been hell bent on blaming anyone for adultry other than the cheating spouse themselves.
If my wife were to cheat on me, I would blame nobody and I mean nobody OTHER than her!!
what does the other guy owe me?? not one thing. did he stand at the alter next to me and wisper in my ears 'for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health'
No he bloody well didn't....
People naturally aren't going to like the 'other person' terribly much or get them around for friday night drinks once the dust settles...
its a selfish world out there and frankly I don't expect anyone in this world to owe me. I do however thinnk we should expect mutal love and respect and loyalty from OUR OWN partners..

The only difference here is that this was happening under poor old Allison's nose....TM deserves a hard kick up the *advertiser censored** for that and probably a lot more..
But she wasnn't married to allison...This rat was!!!!

I agree about Gerard and your view on the sanctity of marriage....But NAH, about the other persons role and responsibility in an affair. If you go to work in an office (Century 21) and you are aware that the principal is married, you even see the wife, then it is your responsibility to not play with his WOGGLE. As adults we have an obligation to NOT, go playing with people who wear the ring, or who we are aware ARE MARRIED.....We as adults, must respect that there are two people who made that commitment to each other, and that we were not part of that commitment, but must help others to remain true to that vow.....Thats how society rolls to me.....and some dont feel they need to adhere to that sadly.

Then there'a the other side. Female Police officer married to an alcoholic. Trying to concentrate at work wondering if he's going to put the kids in the car and drive somewhere,or fall asleep smoking and burn the house and kids down. How could I let people know what was going on at home and have any credibility in my work.
One day I just got the kids and walked out in the clothes we were standing up in after 20 years .
QPS was great organised a Police house etc.
I felt like someone had been holding me under water and I had broken through the surface. I took that first big breath and the sun was shining....
Now I'm having a cry,,,,

I love how you described how you felt when you left... you feel free. At the same time the reality of having to live with the creep still in your lives because of the children brings you down to earth fairly quickly. Mine harassed us on a daily basis for 12 years after we left... the only reason he stopped was because he didn't know where we moved to.
Maxymoo... it is a very brave thing to leave. :)

The "granny pash" thing seems to occupy people's thoughts too much in my opinion. I do not see it as necessarily evidence of poor taste ... If you look at the clip it seems obvious that the camera has a telephoto lens on the couple and it is also raining. To (the BC's) the media may have seemed too far away to get such a personal shot inside the garage. I dare say that the media would have at least been outside their property fence if not further. For every judgement about people's intentions there CAN be alternate explanations - not saying that my point of view is necessarily right -just a different perspective on something that has been analyzed to death without any real knowledge of the people or their intentions. BTW not a supporter of the BC - don't know them - but have followed this forum from the beginning.

Yes, I always though that shot looked like a telephoto lens. Been here from the beginning as well.

True, Having worked in Taringa in the past I would have gone the back streets for the ease of it all. Guess I was just curious of the time because if he were out St. Lucia way visiting TMc then that is just utterly disgusting, disgraceful and completely disturbing. IMO

Why?
You don't know the state of their relationship.
For all we know she cheated first. Probably not true, but the fact is WE DON'T KNOW.

further to that Case Closed I have never been a big fan of the term home wrecker or been hell bent on blaming anyone for adultry other than the cheating spouse themselves.
If my wife were to cheat on me, I would blame nobody and I mean nobody OTHER than her!!
what does the other guy owe me?? not one thing. did he stand at the alter next to me and wisper in my ears 'for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health'
People naturally aren't going to like the 'other person' terribly much or get them around for friday night drinks once the dust settles...
its a selfish world out there and frankly I don't expect anyone in this world to owe me. I do however thinnk we should expect mutal love and respect and loyalty from OUR OWN partners..

The only difference here is that this was happening under poor old Allison's nose....TM deserves a hard kick up the *advertiser censored** for that and probably a lot more..

I agree. It takes two to tango, but the married one is the home wrecker.

Maybe you missed it, but I already made mention of that sort of a situation where women live in fear and I did say that is not what I'm refering to...

To clarify it further, I am meaning those situations where you hear people are deeply unhappy and feel down about their marriage because of the other partner's attitude or are unhappy with a partner who has an affair(s), yet choose to stay, year after year, always saying it's 'for the sake of the children'. Children feel that and in some cases suffer 'guilt' as they get older because a parent chose to live in unhappiness, in an unhappy marriage because of them.

You don't need DV in home situation for it to be a bad unhappy marriage, an unhappy horrible home atmosphere for the children, and not all DV situations involve children being abused (though abusing a partner in front of a child is abusive to that child).... and not all people in a DV situation feel fear or are threatened at what will happen to them or their children by their partner if they leave their marriage...

Many do leave and move on with their children to lead much happier and more stable lives. Others chose to stay in such relationships with the belief that they are staying only because of doing 'the right things for the children'.

As far as Allison goes, she seems to have been a private person who kept a lot to herself and I don't think anyone else other than GBC knows of their full situation and I hardly think he will tell regardless if he's guilty or not of her murder.

Yes you are right. And IMO if anyone thinks that they are doing the right thing by staying for the kids then they are deluding themselves. Kids are intuitive and they will pick up on any irregularities. A happy parent/surrounding is what makes a child grow into a happy adult. And will your child settle because you settled or will your daughter stay in an abusive relationship because she saw you stay in that situation.

I so wish I was a fly on the wall at the Indooroopilly Police Station right now ;)

PS I did miss the post :)

Hi.
I can't find the post to quote... but in reference to the theory of someone else having killed her and could be trying to frame GBC, and that's why he is being quiet. IMO... I think if I was GBC and I had all this bad media and I knew it wasn't me, I'd be out there saying so. I'd be doing my very best to let the police know someone else must have done this because I sure as heck didn't. I would not let these things be said about me {if I was innocent}

When you think about it {IMO} it could just as easilly happen the other way, GBC could try to set someone else up.

Scary either way, I think.

Why should she have to if she has no involvement? Easier said then done and I don't think the average person could possibly know how they would react until they were in that exact same position or situation, and trying to commentate on it is futile. We already know that affairs, cheating on spouses and lies and deception is common in our society. just type 'affair' into google and it will bring up 3-4 dedicatd websites whereby you can hook up or connect with other people interested in said activity. So lets not condemn people to a public stoning as a result. Whilst morally wrong, its not illegal and seems to be rife. By all means have a low opinion on people who carry out this activity, that is your right.

Sunday Mail's absolute blatant disregard for this woman's privacy is shocking and their total disregard of the repurcussions this story will have for her and her family is abhorent. The way they even tried to sell the story by an 'exclusive' on the front page directing people to a double page spread on pages 4 & 5 is pure sensationalism. They tried to pass it off as if it were a NEW story or development in the case when we all know they have known about it since day 1. They would have just been waiting for enough people to have told them that 'she confirmed the affair to the police' so as to protect their dirty behinds.

Central to the investigation my absolute **** !This is the only way they could have possibly justified printing the story to begin with.
TM is no doubt one of dozens of people who have been interviewed over this case, its standard procedure. Of course she was probably higher up the food chain and rightly so. just like the husband is always right at the very top of the food chain in cases like this.

They even bought in the 'crime editor' as author of the story so as to make it look even more sensational..what was wrong with the other two goons printing the story?? not a good enough title?? Not BREAKING NEWS enough??

I don't know if she is involved anymore than they do, you can know 100% for sure that QPS wouldn't be telling them.

We all know about it on this forum because we have been making it our business to know more about it but the whole state didnt know about it until yesterday and just why the hell should they know about it until it becomes clear whether she was involved in the murder of another human being!!!!!!

And anyone who says "because its central to the investigation is kiddin themselves"...
There are hundreds of bits of info about people and their lives and their movements that are probably 'central' to this investigation but do you see Sunday Mail writing about them all?
Why?? cause it wasn't as good a 'story' as this one!!

How do you explain the fact that there have been so many rumours out there since Day 1, and many of them would have been able to be verified by an investigative journalist, including this one, especially considering it seems all the staff at the workplace knew about it. And yet the media have only published this now? If it was just for sensationalistic journalism and selling papers they could have have published this ages ago, and been publishing all sorts of other crazy stories over the last few weeks.

Apart form a few snippets of comments from people such as Allisons best friend and her parents there has been very little, other than exactly the same information being published by all media outlets. This is because they all receive the same media releases from the QPS Media Department, and they only release the information they have been given. In the case of the Courier Mail, and the reporting of the affair of GBC and TM, they may have been pushing the QPS to give the go ahead on this - which has now been done strategically to suit the QPS.

The media don't have to go along with the embargoes of the QPS, but it's an unwritten rule and in this case I believe the media also want to see the case solved. Better for them if the case isnt compromised so an arrest can be made, they will get their chance for plenty of dramatic stories as they cover the court cases.

People can post about what lens was used.....whatever, you can even state, they did it to show up the media....(which is rather contradictive, as one says, they didnt realise the media was so close and media used a telelens, then the other says they were doing it to play up for the cameras) Either way, while they are playing games.................their daughter in law is on a creek bed, decomposing.....They are shockers. Nuff said.

I agree about Gerard and your view on the sanctity of marriage....But NAH, about the other persons role and responsibility in an affair. If you go to work in an office (Century 21) and you are aware that the principal is married, you even see the wife, then it is your responsibility to not play with his WOGGLE. As adults we have an obligation to NOT, go playing with people who wear the ring, or who we are aware ARE MARRIED.....We as adults, must respect that there are two people who made that commitment to each other, and that we were not part of that commitment, but must help others to remain true to that vow.....Thats how society rolls to me.....and some dont feel they need to adhere to that sadly.

That is so true Willough.

The noose is def tightening and GBC cannot sue for defamation due to costs and the sort of revelations that will appear when the case is defended so the Qld Media can almost say anything about him now!

The only problem I personally have with the theory of TM being actively involved is that I haven't seen a report that her home/car were searched...

:moo:

I think Toni has a lawyer for a brother/brother in law. He might have told her not to allow anything unless a warrant is flashed.

Many years ago there was a girl in our group of friends whose husband was cheating on her with the Nanny. We all knew about it including her mother but nobody wanted to tell her.

At a party one night my husband walked up to her and said “I hear your hubby is ****ing the nanny” She asked him how did he know and he told her we all knew and didn’t have the balls to tell her.

Obviously she was very upset and it ruined the tone of the party big time lol. She came up to us all and said why weren’t any of you good enough friends to tell me.

She stayed with him but my husband refused to speak to him after this so our contact has been limited through the years. I have heard that he is a serial cheater and to be honest I do not know how he gets the women as he is not attractive. She is a facebook friend of mine now and it looks like they may have just broken up, this was over 20 years ago.

I love the sound of your husband, we need more people who have the courage to speak out. If my husband was having an affair, I'd hate the thought of everyone knowing, especially friends and not telling me.

When 'they" talk of GBC having multiple affairs are we talking concurrently or at different times. I'd have thought it would be stressful having more than one at same time. I guess it would be very easy to have an affair though when you are a real estate agent, just need to tell the wife you are taking a client to view a house and all those calls to your mobile would be normal.

I wonder how poor Alison found out eventually.

Yes, I always though that shot looked like a telephoto lens. Been here from the beginning as well.

I think, given the couple were in their own garage, if it was just an issue about inappropriate to be kissing when their DIL has been murdered, there would be no need to label it as a granny pash, surely.
I think the media needs to be less intrusive in the lives of people who have not been charged with anything. Just my opinion.
In the meantime, please arrest someone soon.

yes but perhaps in the process of investigating this murder they stumbled upon something huge.

perhaps Allision stumbled onto something huge. I am still on 3rd or 4th page, so sorry if its already been done. there was a post regarding the triads and aussie bikies buying up property, sounded shady as all F*&$. could GBC be involved with these guys? he would have done any deal to make a buck I reckon. maybe Allison found something out? I can see theories like this are getting wildly 'out there' and in all likelihood, she was killed due to her husband's infidelities and *****ty nature!! but, for a crazy speculation, I LIKE THIS ONE

I think, given the couple were in their own garage, if it was just an issue about inappropriate to be kissing when their DIL has been murdered, there would be no need to label it as a granny pash, surely.
I think the media needs to be less intrusive in the lives of people who have not been charged with anything. Just my opinion.
In the meantime, please arrest someone soon.

granny = older people
pash = kiss

I hardly think it's that bad a term.

She doesn't *have* to. It just seems logical to me that anyone who was wrongly connected to a murder would want to clear their name ASAP.

she is not connected to a murder...her connection is by having an affair with the husband of a murdered wife, whom at this stage has not been arrested.

All she has to do is write a simple statement and release it to the media. Another poster(sorry I forget your name, sounds like Osaka) has already done this for her if she has a sudden case fo writer's block.

That's her choice, I won't judge her based on not wanting to talk to the media

Most everyone has at one time or another been accused of doing or being involved in something that they are innocent of, and know full well the feeling of outrage that comes along with that.

Agreed, some people stand up and shout, others take the view that they shouldnt have to. horses for courses

How many people would sit back and not speak out and defend themselves when wrongly implicated in something as serious as murder?

again, she hasn't been implicatd in murder and that wasn't even the point of the article. hence the media's sensationalism. what was their point????

What person would think not to defend themselves? Hell, even guilty people proclaim their innocence right up to the electric chair.

defend themseles of what??? murder or an affair...?? admitting to an affair is going to do what for her???

Then why are you commentating on it? By your own logic, unless you have been implicated in a murder, you are in no place to defend TM.

because she had an affair must make her the murderer i guess!!!!

Who is "we". I don't take this statement for granted.

I don't accept random google searches as an authority on what is or is not common in our society. perhaps you could find some references to studies in peer reviewed journals that support your statement.

If you don't know affairs and cheating on spouses is reasonably common than I am not going to convince you otherwise..your good forutne if you dont know anyone who has done it or is doing it...

'Stoning' IS illegal, morally wrong and certainly not rife in Australian society. I absolutely have a low opinion of anyone who would subject another individual to such a torturous death in low opinion.

agreed

According to the story TM has freely admitted to the affair. I'm not sure how that undermines her right to privacy.

because how is it relative to the murder??? If it turns out that she has had nothing to do whatsoever to this murder, do you still feel that it is right that this has become public knowledge..by public, her employers, her childrens friends. the whole shooting show...

Sensationalism is the currency of the mass media, but the facts reported that she had an affair with GBC and was extensively interviewed by the police are true.

who cares...5-6 people at work today who arent on forums like we are agree that unless she has been involved in this evil act then why is it the whole country's business to know about it??? Perhaps if the affair was in any way related to the murder then they may be interestd to know about it..

I’m not sure what you mean here or how it is relevant to the case.

Agree, but I doubt the majority of the other people were having an affair with GBC.

I'm not sure what this means. Are you talking about social status? How is this relevant?
Are you talking about murder specifically when you say "the husband is always right at the very top of the food chain in cases like this"?

food chain meaning levels of interest by the police, sorry bad description.

I don't know. You accused me of being naive about the mass media in a previous post so I'm not sure why you're asking me this.

If you don’t know if she is involved then why are you defending her?

I defend everybodys right to privacy..im sure you like yours

How can I know "100% for sure that QPS wouldn't be telling them."?

if they are then they shouldn't. refer to the privacy act. this is confidential

Who is "them"? Do you mean the media?

If we knew about it then the media knew about it. If the public did not know about it then surely this justifies the media in running a story about it.

i think we have covered this. we know why they ran the story...$$$$

Kidding themselves about what?

No, because the media are not psychics and don’t know what the police haven't told them about.

Really? You think the affair is a bigger 'story' than who killed Allison?

no, not at all. but when it is proven that the affair had anything to do with the murder i may re consider why the public at large need to know about it..

perhaps Allision stumbled onto something huge. I am still on 3rd or 4th page, so sorry if its already been done. there was a post regarding the triads and aussie bikies buying up property, sounded shady as all F*&$. could GBC be involved with these guys? he would have done any deal to make a buck I reckon. maybe Allison found something out? I can see theories like this are getting wildly 'out there' and in all likelihood, she was killed due to her husband's infidelities and *****ty nature!! but, for a crazy speculation, I LIKE THIS ONE

it might also support Angel1's friends statement about the tattooed guy suspiciously checking out the road side

With all due respect....just because you're not a fan of the term "home wrecker", there are 1,000's of others who are & won't hestitate to use that term against a woman who willingly enters into a relationship with a married guy...then continues on with the relationship even after she's been told the wife has become aware of it.

That is the perfect definition of a home-wrecker!!!!!!!

She deserves everything she's now getting...no sympathy whatsoever....Karma!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste