Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh dear...I think I may have said "DV gone overboard". I certainly didn't mean to suggest that I think DV is ok...sorry if that was taken that way.

It's OK, everyone is entitled to comment as they wish. But thanks for your post :) I was more thinking about 'DV gone wrong' because of course, DV is already wrong. 'DV gone overboard' is more realistic, or maybe 'DV that has escalated.' I know people think they mean the same thing, but it's just my way of highlighting how sometimes it all gets trivialised because people throw around comments so casually. And it's also to get people thinking about a serious issue, not to make people feel bad or police their posts. I realise everyone has their priorities here too, and they put emphasis on the aspects of the case that interest them the most.

Hi.
I can't find the post to quote... but in reference to the theory of someone else having killed her and could be trying to frame GBC, and that's why he is being quiet. IMO... I think if I was GBC and I had all this bad media and I knew it wasn't me, I'd be out there saying so. I'd be doing my very best to let the police know someone else must have done this because I sure as heck didn't. I would not let these things be said about me {if I was innocent}

When you think about it {IMO} it could just as easilly happen the other way, GBC could try to set someone else up.

Scary either way, I think.
I think perhaps GBC should have hired a Public Relations consultant on the first day rather than a lawyer.

Why?
You don't know the state of their relationship.
For all we know she cheated first. Probably not true, but the fact is WE DON'T KNOW.

What do you mean by WHY?

*The state of their relationship was that they were having an affair (GBC & TMc)
*If he was coming from her (TMc) residence to see the police after his wife had gone missing/died then it sickens me.
*Nobody knows for a fact that Allison was involved in an affair and if we did actually know what happened then none of us would have to be here sluething in the first place.

Hi.
I can't find the post to quote... but in reference to the theory of someone else having killed her and could be trying to frame GBC, and that's why he is being quiet. IMO... I think if I was GBC and I had all this bad media and I knew it wasn't me, I'd be out there saying so. I'd be doing my very best to let the police know someone else must have done this because I sure as heck didn't. I would not let these things be said about me {if I was innocent}

When you think about it {IMO} it could just as easilly happen the other way, GBC could try to set someone else up.

I agree with you. There is no reason why you would not defend yourself. Maybe Hawkins or someone can give us more insight into this, but I doubt any lawyer would tell an innocent person not to publicly deny involvement. I can't see how saying you didn't do it would have any negative legal ramifications.

Hi.

Maybe he has told the police informally. Also, would people really listen to him if he came out at this point and defended himself publicly. I actually don't think so. It would just add more fuel for gossip or for him to be mocked. Some people really don't like playing those games. It takes great self control not to respond back but believe it or not some people do choose to act that way. Put a shield around yourself, let the arrows come.....eventually they will stop and maybe expose them self. Keeping quiet can prevent a lot of necessary ugliness though it may be painful to cop the arrows at the time. I am definitely not proclaiming his innocence. I am just presenting other ways that people think. If he is guilty he will be found out, but until then we need to be fair.

Yes I didn't see GBC with the Dickies on sat night either, and I saw him on three different occasions, including watching the fireworks.

totally irrelevant here...but when I was younger, the guy who commentated during the fireworks, always used to go on and on and on about wanting to see blue fireworks...every time one would go off, he'd be 'will it be blue" 'is it blue' "BLUE WE WANT BLUE......' anyway is he still there? just wondering

Absolutely not IMO. But not just in my opinion, the police have already stated they believe the killer was known to Allison, someone close to home, and that there is no danger to citizens from a random attacker. They have stated this on a number of occasions, including recently. The police don't do that unless they are very sure. It's their responsiblity to warn people about safety issues even if there is a possibility of it being a random attacker.

So unless you believe the police are wrong, and being irresopnsible in their duty, your theory is just not going to be correct. (although not impossible, I suppose the police could be totally wrong and then there will be a big scandal that they misinformed the public, got the facts of the case totally wrong, and didnt exercise due care in warning the public.)

IMO, while we are still in a phase of speculating about how things happened and the details of the case, I think we are way past the stage of any likelihood of it not being one of the key players in this tragic story. Not that you can't or shouldn't do that, but simply based on what police have so confidently said it is pretty clear to me. And the police have been very careful about what they do release, which I take to mean that the information which is released is very solid.

Regarding the screams, to me there are a few explanations for them - 1. they were coming from the party and were kids mucking around, 2. They were the screams of Allison because she did take off after an argument and was followed by one of the key players, possibly GBC or another (so I guess you could still call that an abduction?) or 3. the screams were faked by her killers trying to shore up their story that she went for a walk and somehow came to grief. I personally am leaning to either 1 or 3, but that's just my opinion.

I think I like 2 actually.

The noose is def tightening and GBC cannot sue for defamation due to costs and the sort of revelations that will appear when the case is defended so the Qld Media can almost say anything about him now!

I have just realised that if GBC is charged, and is in as much financial trouble as we are led to believe, he will be entitled to legal aid, and our taxes will be used to defend him. :banghead:

Maybe he has told the police informally. Also, would people really listen to him if he came out at this point and defended himself publicly. I actually don't think so. It would just add more fuel for gossip or for him to be mocked. Some people really don't like playing those games. It takes great self control not to respond back but believe it or not some people do choose to act that way. Put a shield around yourself, let the arrows come.....eventually they will stop and maybe expose them self. Keeping quiet can prevent a lot of necessary ugliness though it may be painful to cop the arrows at the time. I am definitely not proclaiming his innocence. I am just presenting other ways that people think. If he is guilty he will be found out, but until then we need to be fair.

Hi :) I understand where you are coming from... but if he is innocent I think he could have helped himself alot more from being vocal about that as soon as he noticed the way things were looking. Me, personally, I could not stand being viewed as a murderer if it was something I had not done. On the other hand, if I did commit the murder, I'd have trouble publicly declaring my innocence if I knew that one day everyone would find out the truth.
JMO, and Seeking, I totally respect and understand your opinion. :)

Absolutely not IMO. But not just in my opinion, the police have already stated they believe the killer was known to Allison, someone close to home, and that there is no danger to citizens from a random attacker. They have stated this on a number of occasions, including recently. The police don't do that unless they are very sure. It's their responsiblity to warn people about safety issues even if there is a possibility of it being a random attacker.

So unless you believe the police are wrong, and being irresopnsible in their duty, your theory is just not going to be correct. (although not impossible, I suppose the police could be totally wrong and then there will be a big scandal that they misinformed the public, got the facts of the case totally wrong, and didnt exercise due care in warning the public.)

IMO, while we are still in a phase of speculating about how things happened and the details of the case, I think we are way past the stage of any likelihood of it not being one of the key players in this tragic story. Not that you can't or shouldn't do that, but simply based on what police have so confidently said it is pretty clear to me. And the police have been very careful about what they do release, which I take to mean that the information which is released is very solid.

Regarding the screams, to me there are a few explanations for them - 1. they were coming from the party and were kids mucking around, 2. They were the screams of Allison because she did take off after an argument and was followed by one of the key players, possibly GBC or another (so I guess you could still call that an abduction?) or 3. the screams were faked by her killers trying to shore up their story that she went for a walk and somehow came to grief. I personally am leaning to either 1 or 3, but that's just my opinion.

I think I like 2 actually.

Why not 4. The original two screams were ABC's, the third muffled scream was ABC being attacked, which unfortunately led to her death, and the disposal of her body.

I tend to fall under Marc Klass's theory...When his daughter was kidnapped & unforturately murdered...His thoughts were...question me all you want, throw me in jail if need be just find my daughter & her killer....

This like many spousal murders has been anything BUT about finding the mother of his children's killer... Beat me up if you want...Actions ALWAYS speak louder than words.

Pretty clever Perp. Kills ABC for whatever reason (seems she was a nice lady - hard to believe she had enemies), then somehow gets the car keys, drives around with ABC in the car, dumps her body, replaces the car, puts the keys back where he/she got them from, then proceeds to set up GBC. IMO that's a long stretch.

It is not impossible. Maybe the couple had enemies. Maybe Allison went somewhere in one of their cars with the perp. Maybe she was refusing to sign something....or any number of scenarios. Maybe the perp drove the car back to the the family home and left the keys where she took them from whilst GBC was asleep. If someone knew them well enough and knew computers well enough they could leave evidence that makes it look like GBC did it on the BC computers in the process whilst GBC was asleep. None of this is impossible.

I am definitely not saying that this is what happened. Everyone could be right. It could very sadly be the result of DV which is definitely inexcusable. Who knows. We do need to keep an open mind and be respectful of all involved as we don't know everything.

I am very sorry for all of the posters that have been the victim of DV. I have appreciated your significant insights into this topic.

I have just realised that if GBC is charged, and is in as much financial trouble as we are led to believe, he will be entitled to legal aid, and our taxes will be used to defend him. :banghead:

In NSW it is also asset tested and you need to be recieving Centrelink Benefits...Is it the same in QLD?

I am concerned that if he is innocent he can claim Victims Comp.....That will be a crime considering his infidelity(s)......

Answer is yes and yes.
we don't know that the woman is dead because her husband couldnt keep his pecker in his pants...
that s a big call.
are you also saying that any woman outside of his marriage intimately associated with this rat over the last 15 years of his marriage now has blood on their hands?????

No, I am not saying that. In fact, I don't believe TM was involved in it. But, IMO, his cheating ways has a lot to do with a woman now being dead, who was clearly unhappy and mistreated in some way.

How do you explain the fact that there have been so many rumours out there since Day 1, and many of them would have been able to be verified by an investigative journalist, including this one, especially considering it seems all the staff at the workplace knew about it. And yet the media have only published this now? If it was just for sensationalistic journalism and selling papers they could have have published this ages ago, and been publishing all sorts of other crazy stories over the last few weeks.

Apart form a few snippets of comments from people such as Allisons best friend and her parents there has been very little, other than exactly the same information being published by all media outlets. This is because they all receive the same media releases from the QPS Media Department, and they only release the information they have been given. In the case of the Courier Mail, and the reporting of the affair of GBC and TM, they may have been pushing the QPS to give the go ahead on this - which has now been done strategically to suit the QPS.

The media don't have to go along with the embargoes of the QPS, but it's an unwritten rule and in this case I believe the media also want to see the case solved. Better for them if the case isnt compromised so an arrest can be made, they will get their chance for plenty of dramatic stories as they cover the court cases.

it was public knowledge in the area of brookfield, trust me. you only have to read the article in which you refer to, to verify that. "they were out together frequently, even dined together as a couple with other people" etc etc etc
The media would have been all over this by about day 2 of Allison's disappearance. they probably would have received a dozen phone calls off locals also, with nothing better to do with their time. anyway, doesnt matter, point is they knew a long time ago. Why they haven't published until now?
Basically they have had enough to report on up until now. It has only just really started to go a bit slower. They would have been saving this story for this very moment...i.e as interest from the public at large starts to decline. its about sell sell sell..why put this story out 2-3 weeks ago when they had plenty of other case related stories to fill the pages. it was also a strategic move to put it in one of the high selling weekend papers. and they don't get any bigger in QLD than Sunday Mail. IN spite of their ethics or lackthereof, they probably wanted to wait until the funeral was over also out of respect to the Dickies.

They not only release info they have been given by the QPS as you have mentioned. There has been several personal type stories relating to Allison and the Dickies printed also. 'special interest stories'. regardless of what people may think, this is a special interest story and has not been put out there by QLD newspapers because its integral to the case. otherwise you are right, if it was integral to the case they would have printed it 3 weeks ago...

Is there anything new discussed about the case since this morning? Or is it mostly a moral debate about affairs and the garage kissing? A genuine question so I can know whether to bother reading or not. Thanks :)

Is there anything new discussed about the case since this morning? Or is it mostly a moral debate about affairs and the garage kissing? A genuine question so I can know whether to bother reading or not. Thanks :)

You're right. Nothing new. Just Greg making us smile.

Does anybody else find it a bit strange, if reports are correct, that close family members have all been out and about at the Brookfield Show? GBC and his parents and ABC's parents as well. Personally, I'd be retreating into a sorrowful shell if this happened.

Maybe in the interest of the kids, possibly? But if the report, which was posted in this forum, is true that they were all seen in the bar together, it does suggest that that ABC's mum and dad don't suspect GBC. I just can't understand why they would even want to be in the vicinity of the person who killed their daughter.

Even if it was for the kids' sake, it would be nearly impossible to hold up the appearance of normal activities, going to the show and knowing your daughter's murderer was there.

No theory on this, but just more odd behaviour IMO in what I find a very odd and complex case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties