Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Detect, I know of 2 other people who have been interviewed twice and I understand his 'business dealings' have also been a focus of investigations.
I have no doubt that the fact that we was having an affair sent alarm bells ringing (well we know it did), but I think a lot of people in this forum simply are not aware that it is the Police's job to interview a number of people on a number of occasions. Things will come to light as a result of something someone said so they need to whip back POI #4 in to verify it or rule it out. This isn't CSI, one hour episodes (sorry i am not being rude).

on another matter, rumour not fact of course has just landed in my lap.

1. It involves drugging of ABC by you know who. (so perhaps the chemist is going to play a part again)

2. The Big Kohuna is implicated after the fact.

Well, if this is true (1), then he is a bigger dumber and dumber than I thought! Unless he used just over the counter paracetamol, which I find very difficult to believe. Most meds you buy now are recorded on the chemist PC system.

Since catching up last night and reading itsthevibe and Minni as well as responses from most of you I have hardly been able to sleep.

The openness with which you relayed your personal stories really hit home hard for me, initially. After thinking about it or most of the night I truly believe that one of the best things to come out of this forum is that some of the women on here have been able to say things that I have felt and known for a long time about myself but have never really confronted. I too lived with someone who was an absolute narcissist. Believe it or not I actually slept on a floor for 6 months because he believed that This was a good thing!! LOL I am no idiot had a high powered job but was totally sucked in. Once I was, well and truly, he started behaving differently, getting angry, disappearing, being online trawling the sites for so-called friends, etc etc (most of you will know the story).

I moved back to my 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom beachfront apartment that had stood empty for months and fell into a very deep depression out of which I have only recently emerged. I resigned my job, took early retirement,got two dogs, and starting running a small hostel for international students.

I really believe that out of all the bad stuff that has surfaced I relation to Allison's murder there are also some good things.i went for a walk with the dogs this morning and for the very first time in a long time I felt good about myself, and could almost laugh about how stupid I had been. This would not have happened withoutme being on this site and reading all the different personal stories of many of you. I cried last night with relief knowing I am not the only one, but thank god I survived but sadly Allison didn't.

I hope that there is a way in which we can give our daughters, nieces, friends the confidence in themselves and the knowledge to know that being with someone like that is not ok but hat you can talk about it with others who have been in similar situations or who understand.

Sorry Mods I know this is off topic but i really needed to share.

Thank you all again.

Thank you for sharing your story. I'm amazed at how many women have shared there story and have had similiar experiences. Strangely I was drawn to this story right from the first day and began reading the thread and everything about the case since it was apparently a simple missing persons case. Something struck a chord to me from the beginning... Almost like i knew what this was from the very begining. As time has gone on I know there is something I am meant to learn or draw from this case but not sure what the actual message is yet. I know that hearing from everyone here with their stories has really helped. My life is extremely similar to that of Allisons in far to many ways, the main differences are that I am still alive, I only have one child and my story hasn't finished yet.

No matter how this case finally ends Allison has helped others in a way she would have wanted in her life even in her death....

I don't know how we go about 'I heard from this person or that person', because for the most part, I don't talk to anyone but you guys.....but I used to live there and do have a lot of friends in the area still....one in particular in the hairdressing business has said he beat her all the time...can I say this? you would think after 11 threads, I would be a little bit more internet savvy but, IM NOT

One would think if he beat her all the time - then I really cannot see her parents sitting socializing with him at the show as it has been stated here. Her parents would have known their daughter was not happy in this marriage and surely over time they would know she was being beaten. Most parents would have stepped in - at least I would - I would tell my daughter to leave and come on home with the children. I am not too sure if this info is correct for if it was then GBC would have been arrested by now as all the forensics tests would be back and that would tell them if she was beaten.

Except that we don't know yet what the police discovered in the vehicles, on the computers or the phones, or what the witnesses told them about the vehicles they saw. I'm hopeful that the police do have what it takes to make an arrest soon.

Yes, totally agree. It feels to me, just my opinion, that things are not looking the best for a quick arrest. Despite the lawyer, I thought if it was just GBC they would have got him almost straightaway. Crime scene evidence, scratches on his body, not being able to account for where he was on the night, other than asleep.

I'll say what I said before, despite what we might think, his initial story, whatever it was, must be plausible enough to hold up. We don't know what it was. Also we assumed that police found something odd about that first morning that put them on major alert. It may have been the case that he told them something (a lie or the truth) that put them on major alert. We don't know.

People have also mention DV a lot, but I don't think that any DV has been actually verified between GBC and ABC. I could be wrong.

Narcissistic personality disorder is a separate disorder to antisocial personality disorder, the one most commonly associated with psychopathy, or sociopathy. Narcissists tend to have an inflated sense of their own abilities, their own importance. Sociopaths have no regard for the rights or feelings of others, very generally speaking. However, they can occur together, and they can occur to a greater or lesser degree of severity.

The articles I posted links to earlier did refer specifically to narcissists. The author's thesis seemed to be that these men had an inflated sense of their own importance and felt that they did not need to go through the messy or inconvenient process of divorce that other people did. They generally only murdered once (their wives) and in some cases did seem to be attached to their children.

Well, if this is true (1), then he is a bigger dumber and dumber than I thought! Unless he used just over the counter paracetamol, which I find very difficult to believe. Most meds you buy now are recorded on the chemist PC system.

yes agreed c/closed.
i doubt the chemist part is even relevant..but who knows..

keep this one on the boil as a potential mind you.
maybe wed night fight occurs, hence the scratches

he says "*advertiser censored** this" i have had enough
thur night: doping & murder (would imagine it would be pretty easy to stop a person's breathing who is semi-unconscious with a pillow over the face or the like)
DADDY: please help!!

I don't know how we go about 'I heard from this person or that person', because for the most part, I don't talk to anyone but you guys.....but I used to live there and do have a lot of friends in the area still....one in particular in the hairdressing business has said he beat her all the time...can I say this? you would think after 11 threads, I would be a little bit more internet savvy but, IM NOT

The DV was common knowledge just like the 'Mistress' was...IMO

Another poster stated "True sociopaths are rare".

Umm, no, they are not... Believe me.

GREAT POST!! You are absolutely right. DV must be stopped and more avenues found to educate women (and some men who also suffer DV) to love themselves more than their partners! You seem like a good guy and your wife is very lucky.

Sorry Off Topic now self .. I think the point is not to educate victims of DV, but to change the behaviour of perpetrators and of course prevention.
IMO

A Current Affair has a story on ABC tonight - something about the latest twist. Could be the affair - not sure. Will be on shortly on Ch 9 and they normally put the story on their website later in the night.

Hi :) I understand where you are coming from... but if he is innocent I think he could have helped himself alot more from being vocal about that as soon as he noticed the way things were looking. Me, personally, I could not stand being viewed as a murderer if it was something I had not done. On the other hand, if I did commit the murder, I'd have trouble publicly declaring my innocence if I knew that one day everyone would find out the truth.
JMO, and Seeking, I totally respect and understand your opinion. :)

If you are innocent, you would assist the police as much as possible, so they could quickly eliminate you then get on with finding the real killer!! I'd be screaming for them to do this, rather than them spending so many resources checking out me instead of the real perpetrators!!

I am not a fan of A Current Affair and the story is most likely a rehash of everything that has already been discussed, but, in case anyone is interested, they are running a story in about 5-10 mins...:)

Mountainhigh,

I am not on a hate bandwagon. I am keeping an open mind.
A woman is dead and her children are without their Mother.
I agree with the poster who spoke about Allison laying cold in a dirty creek
for 10/11 days - I can't comprehend how anyone could do that and it gives me the creeps. I would like to see justice done.

What stands out to me like a beacon is the sense of grace portrayed by the Dickies. Their loss is immeasurable and yet they appear steadfast in their love for each other and their daughter. It was heartbreaking watching them on television and difficult to comprehend their feelings of sorrow when they found out their daughter had been found.

agree completely. very nice post Mani.
and may the killer/s rot in hell when justice is served..

On a lighter note and back to that infamous wedding pic that was pasted on almost every paper at the beginning, the bridesmaid in the background of the photo who I believe to be ABC's best friend Kerry, has an expression on her face that almost predicts this whole sad event. She appears to be loathfully staring at GBC as though she can foresee how vile he will become. Allison looks like an angel and GBC looks like a demonic, grinning village idiot. A picture says a thousand words!

I am not a fan of A Current Affair and the story is most likely a rehash of everything that has already been discussed, but, in case anyone is interested, they are running a story in about 5-10 mins...:)

hurry paradox :)

yes agreed c/closed.

thur night: doping & murder (would imagine it would be pretty easy to stop a person's breathing who is semi-unconscious with a pillow over the face or the like)

What about the screams? There's still the thought that these came from ABC.

One would think if he beat her all the time - then I really cannot see her parents sitting socializing with him at the show as it has been stated here. Her parents would have known their daughter was not happy in this marriage and surely over time they would know she was being beaten. Most parents would have stepped in - at least I would - I would tell my daughter to leave and come on home with the children. I am not too sure if this info is correct for if it was then GBC would have been arrested by now as all the forensics tests would be back and that would tell them if she was beaten.

I agree with this. In my experience of growing up in a DV household, there are bruises, cracked teeth, and stitches required when DV happens; and people need to go to the doctor. You can't hide it. Everybody knows about it.

The police turned up all the time and all the neighbours knew everything that happened. And also in my experience my mother gave as bad as she got. My father got arrested all the time, but as a young kid I knew that sometimes my mother should have been the one to be arrested. Oddly enough their marriage lasted. They were both in their 80s when they passed away, and were still together, and still arguing and fighting into their 80s. Not saying this is good (in fact it was totally *advertiser censored***; just saying I don't think you can hide DV, unless it's DV that is more of a psychologically thing; i.e. putting your partner down all the time to make yourself feel better.

The noose is def tightening and GBC cannot sue for defamation due to costs and the sort of revelations that will appear when the case is defended so the Qld Media can almost say anything about him now!

Maybe the media are reporting facts - the affair/s are true,
as for TM - what have they actually said - that there was an affiar between them - may be true [you would assume or they are reporting gossip - doesnt read llike that to me .]

yes agreed c/closed.

Mounty
I agree this is the most likely scenario. I think some other posters have suggested similar, but I like it coming from you. Simple and direct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agirlnamedbob