Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree. I said this from the start. He would have been stupid not to get a lawyer, guilty or innocent, seeing the husband is historically the number one suspect.

TBH, he is my main suspect. On it's own, lawyering up doesn't mean his guilty but...collectively with his non-appearance at the search command, lack of pleas to help find her and his lack of anger that this happened to his wife makes him my suspect.

Agree about the lawyering up though. Someone once mentioned Bernie Whalan, but I am willing to bet that he had a lawyer also. He would have, at one stage, been on the radar. The difference with BW, he was active in trying to find his wife.

Statistics say in 9 out of 10 cases like this, the spouse is the perp. I don't think this is the 1 out of 10 cases that is not, IMO.

That's interesting - can you post the link to those statistics I would love to see them. How are the "cases like this" defined?

The Baden-Clays, in their circumstances, could never have afforded private school fees - anywhere! Did the Ipswich Girls Grammar schooling do Allison any good? And IGG is not really in the upper tier of private schools in Queensland. It is the height of snobbery to assume only a private school is good enough. Several government schools in the western suburbs of Brisbane consistently outperform private schools - eg, Indooroopilly SHS, Kenmore SHS, Toowong Academy ..... and many of the children at those schools have parents who are high-achieving academics but for philosophical reasons view private schooling as elitist. But private schooling in Australia is most especially valued by the neuveau rich!

It has been over 2 days with nothing in the media .. why do you think that is ?

I think the onus is on the person suing to prove how they were defamed and how they were affected. That's not easy to do.

I think Hawkins is the man to explain this properly. Given some of the comments on this forum, I don't think it would be difficult to establish that defamation had occured. The more problematic task is the onus on the person being sued to either prove the factual nature of their comments or provide a relevant defence.

The Baden-Clays, in their circumstances, could never have afforded private school fees - anywhere! Did the Ipswich Girls Grammar schooling do Allison any good? And IGG is not really in the upper tier of private schools in Queensland. It is the height of snobbery to assume only a private school is good enough. Several government schools in the western suburbs of Brisbane consistently outperform private schools - eg, Indooroopilly SHS, Kenmore SHS, Toowong Academy ..... and many of the children at those schools have parents who are high-achieving academics but for philosophical reasons view private schooling as elitist. But private schooling in Australia is most especially valued by the neuveau rich!

Whoa, someone wants a barney

I'm expecting Craig Thomson to resign from federal parliament to take a position as editor in chief of a major metropolitan newspaper any day soon ........

Im sure he will only take on that role if he is allocated a credit card..

:fence:

respectfully..........come on QUEENSLANDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!GO THE MIGHT MAROONS!!!!!!

I'm expecting Craig Thomson to resign from federal parliament to take a position as editor in chief of a major metropolitan newspaper any day soon ........

Scratches head, looks around - umm, I am in the BADEN-CLAY forum, am I not?

If the present chatterers went another lot would replace them tomorrow. I think it is the nature of these sites, the anonimity is a safe release. You can say really what you think without too much fear of scorn and if it becomes too painfully you walk away. I think to the nature of women in particular is to find common ground and to create a rapport. Personally I don't want to upset anybody and I will refrain from too many personal posts. Please remind me if I am getting too over the top. Thank you

THANK YOU HELOISE!!
If you look at the OP results for Queensland Schools, some of the State High schools are right up there. I was comparing schools a couple of years ago and a school (I won't name) had half the facilities of a State School, was ranked almost 40 on the OP school list. YET the uniform was pretty, porsches and bmw's dropped the kids off and all the little girls did ballet (whether they liked it or not). My guess is ballet is good for deportment purposes, poise etc.. In other words snobbery. In my opinion, in Brisbane, private schools are very much a status thing. I do think Status was important to Allison and Gerard.

Just stating facts, Reginald2!

Lots of "upwardly mobile" parents of private school co-hort (themselves mostly products of government schools). Look at the statistics!

You questioned personal whether IGGS was good for Allison, who could really determine the answer to this.I am keen to know where you obtained your conclusion that IGGS is not an upper tier of private education in Qld, I would beg to differ. IMO discussion was not held to debate private vs public education but rather education options which have historically been in the family, and potentially passed from one generation to another.

A couple of interesting links:

http://www.profusiongroup.com/uploadFiles/image/BRW_Fast_Starters_2008.pdf
BRW's 2008 100 Fast Starters (a little old but insight into business turnover)
GBC is listed on page 3 - turnover 06/07 $1,335,000, 26.5% growth
To be selected as a BRW fast starter a company must fulfil the following criteria:
Must have commenced trading after June 30, 2003
Must have reported at least two fiscal years of revenue
Must have revenue of more than A$500,000 in 2006-07
Revenue for 2006-06 must have been higher than in 2005-06
Must have more than one main customer
Must be Australian (not a subsidiary of a multinational)

Not listed in BRW's 2009 Top 100:
http://www.ansarada.com/__documents/awards/brw-fast-starters-list.pdf

He has listed in his profile the 2008 Top 100 place, but no others. I'm having trouble finding the list for recent years (need subscription to access on BRW site). But would imagine if he was listed in recent years, it would be on his profile.
http://au.linkedin.com/pub/gerard-baden-clay/9/50a/5b0

http://www.tppsa.org/prep-times-april-2010.html
Another interesting link on Toowoomba Prep website (published 2010) - search Baden-clay and it will take you down to a paragraph discussing another student's involvement in GBC's business.

I can't quite grasp why people seem to think that Baden Clay engaging a criminal lawyer is a sign he must be guilty.

If I had been in his position even if I was as clean as the driven snow I would have hired the best legal advice I could.

Lets be honest from the moment detectives arrived on the scene on the very first day Mrs Baden Clay was reported missing the line of questioning would have been intimidating and he would have been left in little doubt that he was a suspect in a possible murder investigation.You go to gaol for a long time for murder, and innocent people have been convicted of it.

I agree the police force is very results driven if you want to get to the top, there are a lot of cases in Australia where innocents have been convicted. Still as far as I am concerned GBC knows something even if he didn't actually carry out the deed.

Just stating facts, Reginald2!

Lots of "upwardly mobile" parents of private school co-hort (themselves mostly products of government schools). Look at the statistics!

Sorry, but this has nothing to do with a poor woman being murdered.
Almost everyone I know has not chosen their childs school based on OP history but by their childs "fit" into that school ie happiness and being a part of something special, be that the local state school or a private school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member