Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If my hubby is going to work early and I have to go away for work then my kids will stay with my parents - reason being that schools don't let kids in before 7:50-8am and most kids don't like before school care. By staying a g'parents the kids get a sleep in watch cartoons and eat grandma's breakfast and grandpa takes them to school. Its a win win. Its a treat for them to have a bit of a different routine and if this had to be the case regularly - kids are flexible and grandparents enjoy their company so I don't really see this as being a big deal in the life of working parents or in the case of Allison easing herself back into the workplace.

One thing tho - and absolute no disrespect intended to ABC but if my hubby's business was going under and I had the potential to earn an income - despite how pathetic it was and I had some family support even GBC parents - I would be working my little butt off to provide for my girls. So I am thinking there are reasons that ABC was not able to move straight back into the workforce besides finding the right job. We all have to have a fall back position in times of financial crisis but I think she was probably so tormented by her family problems that this made it impossible for her to work a regular job.

TOXICOLOGY results from the investigation into murdered mother-of-three Allison Baden-Clay have failed to provide any answers.

Police this week received the findings of her toxicology tests, but it is understood they have not assisted the investigation.

I'm hoping that the non-significant tox results simply has reconfirmed what the police are already thinking re COD based on autopsy results.

I agree.

It's important to keep in mind that the tox results are tempered by a number of factors, so it's difficult to say if they can be used to absolutely/conclusively rule out a cause of death by some exogenous chemical or toxin (exogenous means not made by the body itself).

For instance, the time between death and when the tests were performed on tissue, can markedly affect a result.

Also, indicator tests are never 100% accurate and can produce both false negatives and false positives. False negative means the test fails to pick up the substance.

So I'm with Strangeworld on this. Hopefully the tests were performed as standard procedure and the police knew the result anyway based on the autopsy.

that's an interesting thought that maybe it was the Dickies who called police.
A few of us don't believe GBC called the police, I thought neighbours who heard something during night, but pondered on it overnight.
Can anyone think of anyone else who could have called the police or any reason the police might have arrived without even being called?

There was a link to MSM posted earlier today in this thread that confirms GBC notified the police that she was missing.

My grandmother still makes me call and let the phone ring three times to let her know when I get home from her place lol.

Haha. My mother called me earlier today to tell me my brother is at her house for a couple of days. He was going to go across to the shops and I heard her say to him "Make sure you cross at the lights, it's a very busy road." I had to chuckle... he is 56 years old. :)

Re: the three rings to let her know you're safe... been there too. lol

My thoughts also Bayside. It may be that the toxicology tests were done to eliminate something, not to find something. The results didn't yield a clue but they did confirm what the Police already believed and unfortunately we're not privvy to that at the moment.

MOO.

Also excludes the possibility that Allison may have overdosed - so a good thing.

ALSO:

There's a game that investigators play with release of info to the media, on the assumption that the perp may be following coverage of the case (some perps do, some don't).

QPS isn't obliged to tell the public the whole truth during an investigation and they often play word games.

It's usually more a matter of withholding the entire truth and letting the perp draw his/her conclusions.
:rocker:

Yes, if the murderer did use some substance, perhaps they feel like they can breathe a sigh of relief (?).

IMO COD will be some sort of head injury (not suicide nor strangulation). I still think this was not premeditated nor intended (i.e. it was DV gone too far). Just my opinion!

Channel 10 news...hairdresser at Kenmore had been spoken to three times about Allison....they were told Allison seemed happy & spoke about what she was doing the next day.

Sorry if already posted, but is there a link for the story?

The Police would have points of proof that they need to address in any murder investigation. Hypothetically, let's say there are 10 points of proof needed. The Police may have eight of these already and are sure they know who murdered Allison but unless they have the full 10 points of proof to submit to the DPP, their request for an arrest may be denied. They may have been hoping that the toxicology results would have given them the last two points of proof. If that isn't the case the Police would then have to turn to other forensics etc. to fulfill the last two points of proof. MOO.

IMO The QPS is aiming for a correct arrest, not a quick arrest.

There was a link to MSM posted earlier today in this thread that confirms GBC notified the police that she was missing.

Yes I saw that link..it was broken...found the original...

Detective Aisworth "Her husband was the person who reported Allison as missing," he said.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...r-missing-mother/story-e6frg6nf-1226336600239

I question to who did he report??...police??...or Allison's parents??

IF Detective Ainsworth had said "he reported her missing to police" I'd go with that...but it doesn't say that....in my opinion.

Sorry if already posted, but is there a link for the story?

Sorry, I can't find a link... but there's alot better people than me on here... I'm sure someone will find it. To be honest, the news didn't really say anything more than what is written here. Wasn't a long story at all. :) I'm sure someone will post a link soon.

By 7.30am on the Friday, he was on the phone to police to report her disappearance

http://www.news.com.au/national/all...ll/story-e6frfkvr-1226341287303#ixzz1wLL2984T

Still doesn't say "police said he rang police & reported her missing".

It's just my opinion but I don't think he called police at all....

Other than be there while the crime reporter is gaining information from different parties then NO NEWSPAPER report would be exceptable. Is that what you say.?

In my employment I have worked with some top crime reporters. At Bathurst prison. One being Bob Bottom. He instigated the Griffith Murder....Trombole ect. So a lot of these crime reporters are tops. Get some of his books.

We all know that "waltz with the media and you waltz with the devil"

This site has excepted newspaper reports prior.

We have been locals for 18 years and drive through the roundabout about 4 times a day and we did not know about the cameras until it was reported as part of the ABC investigation.

:what:

Same!

Other than be there while the crime reporter is gaining information from different parties then NO NEWSPAPER report would be exceptable. Is that what you say.?

We all know that "waltz with the media and you waltz with the devil"

This site has excepted newspaper reports prior.

I think we've all seen, especially today, how some reports are removed...words rearranged or changed. The "sleepover" reports are perfect example.

I just like to hear/read "police said"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member